I was just at Target...

was there last night and only noticed some new joe stuff marked down

I was at a Super Target Yesterday and noticed a handful of things like the Transformers knocked dow

But this Target that is up the street from me had a ton of things on clearance including 50% off on the endcap where they had the Target exclusives from Star Wars,GI Joe and the Transformers

I was at a Super Target Yesterday and noticed a handful of things like the Transformers knocked dow

But this Target that is up the street from me had a ton of things on clearance including 50% off on the endcap where they had the Target exclusives from Star Wars,GI Joe and the Transformers

Speaking of Target...

I honestly believe that Target hates collectors, at least mine does. Every time there is a sale (like last week's DCU sale for 8.99), there is next to nothing on the shelf (blue beetle, shazam, & dr. impossible). The moment the sale is over, magically a case appears. Why the %*{:content:}amp; else would any retailer have a secret, non-advertised sale?? It's not in the papers, no signs... if it wasn't for the awesome forums, I would never even have known. So again I ask you... what benefit as a retailer is there to having a secret sale? Try to clear out old stock? Oh no wait, that would mean they would actually put stock out... so that's not it. I swear, one day I'm going to put on some tan khaki's, a red shirt, and pretend like I work there for 8 hours, just to see what really goes on behind the scenes. I used to work at TRU back in the day right out of college and sure I bought the stuff I wanted, but I always put out everything I could, it keeps the stock moving and brings in new fresh product. Whoever calls the shots for product distribution at Target is a jacka$.

Sorry for all the negativity, but I felt that just needed to be said. A poor collector doesn't stand a chance at affordable & fun collecting. I mean think about it, we have to deal with Mattel's bad distribution & lack of adherence to shipping schedules. Then on top of that, opportunist idiots & scalpers trying to make a quick buck off someone else's passion. (and let's not forget the rising prices if you are lucky enough to buy them at retail) Then if that's not enough, places like Target with their "secret sales" & weird stock-putting-out-3-times a day crap, so you are so confused, you never know when the he$ to even check for toys. Hobbies are supposed to be fun but as much as I love the DCU product, I have to say it's been about 10% fun and 90% suckage. Thank you target, you suck balls. Nuff said. @grumpy@

Hopefully Target's recent sale was to deplete the stock for new waves. All I found were waves 7, 8, and 9. Since it was not advertised, most of the stock in my local Targets is still there. That means Target will not be the place to find Waves 11, 12, and 13.

I kind of agree with Leon. Target does not favor collectors.

All Public Enemies are still full price at my Target. Of course by "all" I mean the one 3 pack and one 6 pack they have on the shelf. I even scanned them to make sure but to no avail. I would actually buy the 3pks if they are actually $4.

I dunno, even if they were a dollar, I couldn't justify spending money on those things.

All Public Enemies are still full price at my Target. Of course by "all" I mean the one 3 pack and one 6 pack they have on the shelf. I even scanned them to make sure but to no avail. I would actually buy the 3pks if they are actually $4.

Some Targets are slower then others to mark things down

I agree about Target.

I went to a Wal-Mart and two Targets this weekend. The Wal-Mart had figures from waves 10, 11 and even some 12. The two Targets on the other hand had nothing but waves 6 and 7.

I keep reading on these forums that Targets have waves 8 and 9 out, well all the Targets in this area have nothing but wave 6 and 7 rejects.

Clearly Wal-Mart has taken the lead in DCUC distribution ... ironic isn't it?

It might be a while before they are $4. I remember when the DC Universe Crisis 3 Packs were on sale for $2 at my Target. I bought every 3 Pack they had for $2 each. It was funny to see the normal Crisis figures for $6.99, and then pretty much the same figures, $2 for 3 of them. Hopefully my Target does the same thing with the Public Enemies 3 Packs. I would definately buy them for $2.

• 2 weeks later...