G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra R.H.I.N.O. Review (Part 3)

Devilbat

You'll have several labels to put on this thing, but if you're like me, that's one of the things you enjoyed about the original Joe vehicles.

So that's about it. I highly recommend getting this vehicle. I'd absolutely give it five stars. It's a great sized vehicle, with tons of features and playability and lots of ways to incorporate your figures. I felt like thirty-five bucks was a steal since the cheapest one I found on eBay was between fifty and sixty dollars. Sometimes I jump the gun and stuff like this can be found later for much cheaper. But at the same time, I've put off buying stuff in then past, hoping it would be reduced even further and ended-up completely missing-out when it was not to be had anywhere later. I just feel that if you're on the fence about getting this thing, I say get it now before they're all gone and the prices are jacked-up on eBay. And if the ROC stuff/motiff or new colors are not your thing, then by all means, track down the original R.H.I.N.O. It's just an awesome vehicle to have in your Joe collection, no matter which version you have. I can't stress that enough, and I can't believe that after all this time I'm just now catching on to how great this vehicle is. Oh, and one more thing; I was so impressed by this thing, I opened up my MOMC Accelerator Suit Ripcord just so I could include him in my review pics. He just had to pilot the helicopter. (lol)

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

DSCN0748.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg

This was one of the best toys Hasbro has put out in the past 25+ years--certainly one of the very best vehicles they have done.

The original retail price of the new RHINO sucks--if you can get it for a discount, do so--as its not worth a $50 price tag, certainly not for a re-issued toy.

I have one of the DTC discounted versions ( the original black scheme), bought for about $14-something (from JOERYHNO!), IIRC. That was a lucky time to get one, to be sure.

The beauty of this vehicle is that it works at so many levels with so many eras.

You can use with RAH figures, with Mega Marines. DTC, Spytroops, 25th, ROC....whatever you have. Either colour scheme works.

Another nice bonus: some of the plug-in weapons for the vehicles made around the time of the original release--like those for the Jungle Strike Hummer and Night Ops Hummer, will fit in the weapons sockets on the RHINO. That means you can fit machine guns grenade launchers to the parasite copter, and really up-gun the thing.

They need to have the same plugs though, so test-fit to see what works.

Thanks for the kind words man! And I agree ARROW in that the R.H.I.N.O. is one of the very best if not the best G.I. Joe vehicle ever made. I'd like to see one done in jungle or desert cammo colors too. I'd buy it...