GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra wins an award!

yojoebro82

Bullock earned a worst-actress nomination for "All About Steve." She's expected to score an Academy Award nomination Tuesday for her hit drama "The Blind Side."

"She could be the first person ever to win a Razzie and an Oscar in the same weekend," said John Wilson, founder of the Golden Raspberry Awards, now in their 30th year of singling out Hollywood's low points.

I hope this happensbiggrin.gif .

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards_goldderby/2010/01/razzie-awards-razzies-nominations-7594106284-news-story-article.html

WORST PICTURE OF 2009

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS OF 2009

Sienna Miller, "G.I. Joe"

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR OF 2009

Marlon Wayans, "G.I. Joe"

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL (COMBINED CATEGORY FOR 2009)

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra"

WORST DIRECTOR OF 2009

Stephen Sommers, "G.I. Joe"

WORST SCREENPLAY OF 2009

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," screenplay by Stuart Beattie and David Elliot & Paul Lovett, based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe Characters.

It truly saddens me to say they are all well deserved. I expected so much more from a live-action movie of G.I. Joe.

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN earned five, and was the worst of the two films, but not by much.

G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA - 5/10

TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN - 4/10

Uh... these are all nominations. They haven't offered the awards yet and while I know it's cool to jump on the hater bandwagon, Transformers: ROTF was a far FAR worse film than GI Joe. In fact, GI Joe will lose these Losingest awards easily as all those films were worse. Joe was not a great film, but it was at least entertaining (cheesy as can be - sure), unlike all the rest on that list.

Sadly, the Razzie's have obviously jumped the shark b/c Channing Tatum would be Joe's biggest award hope (for worst actor) and he's not even nominated!

Geez! I know ROTF wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it wasn't that bad either. However Megan Fox deserves every negative thing that happens to her.

I liked RIse of Cobra a lot, but these nominations are well deserved. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

Uh... these are all nominations. They haven't offered the awards yet and while I know it's cool to jump on the hater bandwagon, Transformers: ROTF was a far FAR worse film than GI Joe. In fact, GI Joe will lose these Losingest awards easily as all those films were worse. Joe was not a great film, but it was at least entertaining (cheesy as can be - sure), unlike all the rest on that list.

Sadly, the Razzie's have obviously jumped the shark b/c Channing Tatum would be Joe's biggest award hope (for worst actor) and he's not even nominated!

I sadly agree ROTF was far worse.

• for Worst Picture of 2009
    well they have some stiff competition from Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
  • Worst Supporting Actor of 2009
    Marlon Wayans
    stiff competition there too, ironically I think he was better than anyone on that list so he shouldn't win it
  • Worst Supporting Actress of 2009
    Sienna Miller
    again I doubt she will win it, her acting was not that bad, I half expected Rachel Nichols to be here
  • Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel (Combined Category for 2009) huh?
  • Worst Director of 2009
    Stephen Sommers
    No way Michael Bay can lose here
  • Worst Screenplay of 2009 5 way tie!
  • I'm surprised Sienna Miller & Channing Tatum aren't in this category... Worst Screen Couple of 2009

Geez! I know ROTF wasn't the greatest movie ever, but it wasn't that bad either. However Megan Fox deserves every negative thing that happens to her.

I liked RIse of Cobra a lot, but these nominations are well deserved. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen.

What? Megan Fox was like, the only good thing about the Transformers movies!

Well, Mojo was also pretty cool, but that's it!

I think ROC was way worse, if nothing else because it was the first movie and should have at least been able to grab my attention for a sequel. Now, I could not care less. Also, to me, and I know my opinion only means something to me, they completely screwed so much up about G.I. Joe that it was practically unrecognizable. Of course, I am still pretty pissed about they Transformers handled the Matrix of Leadership. ROC deserves every bad thing said about it.

Megan Fox is a bad actress and an evil b*tch. That's all I was trying to point out.

Megan Fox is a bad actress and an evil b*tch. That's all I was trying to point out.

Maybe, but I would still do her(lol).

• 1 month later...

and she is just tits for hire now since jennifer's body I hope her performance doesn't ruin the Jonah Hex film

Hahaha....all I can say is congrats Hasbro. Between GI Joe and TF2, you make us all proud to be 80s toy fans!

#US1#

i hear that my man though i think roc was worse then Tf2 lol.

Yeah, those giant robots will do wonders for an otherwise bad movie. They look spectacular :) Too bad Joe didn't have them #US1#