Wave 12 Hits RETAIL!

BlackLantern

I like the idea of the All Star Figures: The most important characters o the DC Universe packaged in the 75th Anniversary package is something MOC collectors wouldn´t pass.If I have extra money, I´ll try to get characters I like in the special edition package and leave them there.

Well that's sort of the catch.

When asked, Mattel will tell you this is a "Collector's Line".

Then they put mass market peg warmers in there.

Which is it? Collector's line or Mass Market line Mattel? Pick a side a stick with it.

As is, the distribution of these figures is still completely bungled so seeing yet another Batman / Superman warming shelves is just spit in collector's eyes. Then when they don't move, retailers don't re-order cases or cycle inventory, so you get screwed. <= Insert Joe Pesci drive thru rant here.

I have not seen hide nor hair of Wave 11 at retail yet FFS. :|

Well that's sort of the catch.

When asked, Mattel will tell you this is a "Collector's Line".

Then they put mass market peg warmers in there.

Which is it? Collector's line or Mass Market line Mattel? Pick a side a stick with it.

As is, the distribution of these figures is still completely bungled so seeing yet another Batman / Superman warming shelves is just spit in collector's eyes. Then when they don't move, retailers don't re-order cases or cycle inventory, so you get screwed. <= Insert Joe Pesci drive thru rant here.

I have not seen hide nor hair of Wave 11 at retail yet FFS. :|

Well, like someone said, Mattel is re-realeasing the popular characters under ths special packaging not taking the spots of other figures because kids would buy them: Nightwing and Batman are far more popular than iron or robotman. If these (popular characters)sell, retailers would still order this line. Maybe they´re pegwarming because there are two many, that´s a fact, but those aren´t targeted to collectors, they´re aimed at kids. Sides, they´re not taking any spot of other characters down the series,and also provides collectors alternatives to get different individual versions of characters that came in packs, like superman and batman from the 5 pack.

There´s one thing we will have to live with: Mattel re-issuing appealing and popular characters to kids, because according to Mattel, they sell.

I have strangely not seen supes or bats warming any pegs. Found part A. of wave 12 yesterday. today I decided I wanted to pick up the supes with the new package and pin, went back to the wal-mart this mourning and bats and supes were gone.

Wave 12

dcpic51.jpg

dcpic52.jpg

• Like 1

So, my question is , are they selling Wave 12 on Matty or Not?

I've been wondering this too. It doesn't look like it's going to happen on Feb. 15. Maybe we'll see it go up in March?

I thought after Wave 11, all waves were going to be made available on Matty. Matty really just seems to be a gallery of discontinued products. If you browse their site, there might be about two or three items that are still available. Of course, I couldn't tell you what's going on with their Cars and Avatar pages.

I have strangely not seen supes or bats warming any pegs. Found part A. of wave 12 yesterday. today I decided I wanted to pick up the supes with the new package and pin, went back to the wal-mart this mourning and bats and supes were gone.

Wave 12

dcpic51.jpg

dcpic52.jpg

I will have to get two supermans, to open one and leave the other MOC, and two aquamans (I´m pretty sure he will get his release in this package) cause all I got around wave 2 was the variant.

I've been wondering this too. It doesn't look like it's going to happen on Feb. 15. Maybe we'll see it go up in March?

I thought after Wave 11, all waves were going to be made available on Matty. Matty really just seems to be a gallery of discontinued products. If you browse their site, there might be about two or three items that are still available. Of course, I couldn't tell you what's going on with their Cars and Avatar pages.

They will be carrying wave 12. Just not on the 15th.

Mine Wal-Mart still have no wave 12 or 11 it's only the best of and that's it beside Cold and Firestorm.

Saw Dr. Midnite, Iron, Eclipso, Supes and Nightwing at Walmart. Was hoping for Desaad but nothing. Thinking about getting them from Matty since I want to build Darkseid, but the only figure I want, Dessad, has the stand.

Been checking ebay for the pieces and it looks like they all come down to the same price as the figures themselves. I'll just give in and order them when the come on sale and have some trade fodder.

EM

Still the same old figures at my Wal-Mart.

4 Capt. Cold's

2 Kid Flash's

4 Booster Gold

2 Mr. Imp. (can't spell his name.)

3 Big Bara

3 Firestorm's

1 Blue Betel

1 Powergirl

and the copper Metal man don't remember his name. But that's all they have.

Any idea on a release date then?

Seems like people are only finding the same 4 figures?? Packed 2 per case, or are the others not in the first round??? I too would have liked a Desaad!!

the case i found broke down like this....spectre x2, dr. mid-nite x2, eclipso x2, iron x1, nightwing x1, supes x1, bats x1. i hate the case break up crap! i would much rather be looking at darkseid in all his glory, than looking at his limbs scattered on the desk!

Any idea on a release date then?

Our March 15th sale features MOTU figures hailing from earth and sky, plus a pair of rotten rogues! At press time, here’s what’s on the roster:

• Moss Man® -- with his fresh evergreen scent, you can practically smell him coming!
  • Stratos® -- everyone’s favorite winged simian lands with a new “The Original” burst on his package
  • Scarecrow this frightening Scarecrow figure from Batman Begins would have Dorothy screaming all the way back to Kansas!
  • DCU Classics Wave 12 Boxed Set – all seven figures you need to build a wicked Collect and Connect™ 9” Darkseid, individually carded and packed into a single box

Like always, the sale starts at MattyCollector.com at 12:00 noon Eastern/9:00 am Pacific, so be logged in and ready to click! If you’re not registered yet for an email reminder, click here and you can follow me on Twitter where I post reminders, too.

Matty

One of the Wave 12 assortments going to Wal Mart has Mary Batson in it because. I saw it at 2 different Wal Marts, one was the variant and one was not and I bought them both. Look at my first post of this thread for reference. Everyone seems to be seeing the other assortment though. I have no idea why the assortment with Mary Batson is harder to find.

Mattel needs to stop splitting the waves. With wave 11 that case had the entire set allowing one to build Kilowog. The danger with split cases is that like with wave 8 one assortment is easier to get leading to hard-to-find figures like Gentleman Ghost and Hawkgirl. Hopefully Desaad or Copperhead from the first mix don't turn out that way--that would only create more backlash against Mattel's strategy to get these figures to collecytors.

Our March 15th sale features MOTU figures hailing from earth and sky, plus a pair of rotten rogues! At press time, here’s what’s on the roster:

• Moss Man® -- with his fresh evergreen scent, you can practically smell him coming!
  • Stratos® -- everyone’s favorite winged simian lands with a new “The Original” burst on his package
  • Scarecrow this frightening Scarecrow figure from Batman Begins would have Dorothy screaming all the way back to Kansas!
  • DCU Classics Wave 12 Boxed Set – all seven figures you need to build a wicked Collect and Connect™ 9” Darkseid, individually carded and packed into a single box

Like always, the sale starts at MattyCollector.com at 12:00 noon Eastern/9:00 am Pacific, so be logged in and ready to click! If you’re not registered yet for an email reminder, click here and you can follow me on Twitter where I post reminders, too.

Matty

Hmm... so does this mean the set will come with only one Mary?

Seems like people are only finding the same 4 figures?? Packed 2 per case, or are the others not in the first round??? I too would have liked a Desaad!!

the case i found broke down like this....spectre x2, dr. mid-nite x2, eclipso x2, iron x1, nightwing x1, supes x1, bats x1. i hate the case break up crap! i would much rather be looking at darkseid in all his glory, than looking at his limbs scattered on the desk!

This case would be ok if it was not the first case to actually hit brick n mortal retail..... the fact that the other case just adds a Mary that is out there is just as bad. @hmmm@ Its the reason I am not activily looking for them, I am content with waiting for BBTS, if they every fill my damn order @loll@

Draven