What molds are gone?

Lady Jaye

I know we've discussed this before I'm sure, but just curious what vehicle molds does Hasbro no longer have?? The only one that I've seen mentioned lately is the:

Whale

I didn't know they had the battle stations still available. It's cool seeing them again, never had them before! I took out one of my old 87 Joe catalogs, and it has them all!! Would really love to get all the classic vehicles again!! Anyone else?

I'm always interested in what older molds are still available, but moreso in which figure molds have survived. I'm like ARROW in that I love the new-sculpt classic vehicles. They're almost identical to the original vehicles, yet they seem to have improved details. For example, on the Ghost Hawk VTOL, underneath the chasis there's an extra jet engine, and I like how there's plastic window panes in the cockpit. It's just nice little details like that that make the newer stuff better than the originals. There, I said it. They're better. (Sacrilege!!) (lol)

Speaking of the W.H.A.L.E. Lady Jaye, I would love to see it return. I kind adoubt we'd see a new sculpt of it, but here's hoping...

No-one outside of Hasbro knows the full count, and no-one INSIDE of Hasbro is telling, for obvious reasons.

It has been said that a number of molds were in sufficient shape to be usable and some were used to create all-new castings of original items, hence some of the "new" re-issued items we have seen. The larger (or more complex)the toys were though, the LESS likely we'll see them re-issued.

DB, yeah slight modifications are always an improvement!! As long as the base mold is still the same! I would love to see the Thunder Machine, mine isn't doing so well!! LOL!! I would love the Terror Drome!!! I never got that as a kid!

I bet that the Tomahawk is gone for good. We have yet to see it again in any incarnation!! Too bad, was a beautiful mold!!

Hasbro actually had the whale back in the early 2000's. As far as the Tomohwak it was confirmed damaged beyond repair years ago by Hasbro. Its more likely what they do have and not. A lot got lost in SA and India it seems. I think best case for most vehicles is, the remolds like the WM and Skyhawk.

Draven

Didn't master collector admit that the Hasbro is tossing a ton of the old figure molds that are intact? They bought as many as they could, hence the big lob.

Didn't master collector admit that the Hasbro is tossing a ton of the old figure molds that are intact? They bought as many as they could, hence the big lob.

I think what they dumped were the molds that were beyond repair.

Otherwise there should have been a much bigger outcry then a post or two on a message board.

The Mauler is gone now after the club broke the mold.

Depends on what part of the mold was broken. Remember, the club has limited resources compared to Hasbro so paying to have the mold fixed would be outside of their budget, and they were under a critical timetable as well. They do not make all-new items, outside of heads, as a matter of course, simply because anything larger costs a lot more. If the mold in question isn't completely damaged, it might be possible to salvage the mold and even combine it with new molds at a later date.

If the club took the effort and expense to clean up the other parts of the molds for the Mauler is IS possible that Hasbro could take over them at a later date and re-issue the toy.

Now, that is probably creating false hopes, but a lot of things are possible here.

Ahh...I don't worry so much anymore since I've seen Hasbro issue new sculpts of molds that were incomplete or possibly finished altogether. Whenever we used to see re-issues of the V.A.M.P. in recent years for example, you'd see it without the rollbars, like maybe that part of the mold was broken or missing. And whenever they'd do the Sky Hawk V.T.O.L., it came without the cannons on the bottom. So to me it was encouraging to see these new anniversary sculpts that were almost identical to the originals but with better features and great new details. Now I don't know if Hasbro will pony up and do new sculpts of vehicles as large as say the Tomahawk or W.H.A.L.E, but it sure encouraging and exciting to know that they could possibly, as they have proved with some of the smaller vehicles.

Which all of this reminds me; are the anniversary Rattler/Tiger Rat and Conquest X-30 new sculpts or just re-issues? They sure look identical to the originals, but after inspecting the V.A.M.P. and Ghost Hawk more closely, I wouldn't be suprised if they were new sculpts. I still want to see a new Wolverine with Cover Girl BTW...

Hasbro actually had the whale back in the early 2000's. As far as the Tomohwak it was confirmed damaged beyond repair years ago by Hasbro. Its more likely what they do have and not. A lot got lost in SA and India it seems. I think best case for most vehicles is, the remolds like the WM and Skyhawk.

Draven

Personally I would rather see that happen. I just wish they were a bit more willing to do that more often. The HISS in particular could have used a new sculpt.

Which all of this reminds me; are the anniversary Rattler/Tiger Rat and Conquest X-30 new sculpts or just re-issues? They sure look identical to the originals, but after inspecting the V.A.M.P. and Ghost Hawk more closely, I wouldn't be suprised if they were new sculpts. I still want to see a new Wolverine with Cover Girl BTW...

Yeah, totally different cases, I'm afraid. Both these molds are almost EXACTLY the same as the originals, which is good on one hand, since so few of us have original minty Rattlers, but like I said before, I do like the extra effort put into the stuff like the Ghost Hawk or Water Moccasin (which reminds me, I do need new Water Moccasin/Sting Raider still... Anyone want to trade one for a sealed 25th Stinger or Ghost Hawk, by any chance?).

They DID change some of the missiles to give them blunted tips, in all likelihood for child safety reasons, but that hardly qualifies. Seems like Hasbro would rather use the pre-existing mold whenever possible - in fact, given their track record, I'm surprised - and very impressed - that we got the new Ghost Hawk, etc, at all.