Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I just started playing DC Universe Online this week. I have always been interested in the game, but I didn't want to invest in a game that would be useless to me if I didn't pay the 15 bucks a month... but since it became free to play earlier this month, I jumped in.

I created a character called "IMPERIUSREX" because amazingly all of the other combos I tried to do to get a namor or submariner name failed because they were already taken by other players. My dude looks just like Namor except I couldn't add pointy ears or winged-ankles.

And I chose to make him an ice-powered brawler because I didn't think the other power sets would work for Namor that well. You can choose between Fire, Ice, Gadgets, Mental, Nature, and Magic.... so I went with ice.. meh.. I wish they had more powers to choose from.

I made another character called "TheSilentMaster" to be like Snake Eyes. I couldn't get his name to be anything close to Snake Eyes though because they were all taken. I made him a dual wielding acrobatic fighter.

I don't really know what the heck I am doing yet or how to play with other people or anything like that.. but I am having a pretty good time just doing solo stuff so far. It seems like the world is HUGE and very intricate. The fighting is pretty repetative so far because I don't have any weapons or powers really, but its not too bad because there are plenty of baddies around.

I tell ya, when I first took off to fly over Metropolis, I was like.. damn, this game is awesome

Really?... Is the free play limited time?...

I really want to play that game CLAM, infact it was the motivating reason I bought the PS3, but like you, I didn't care for the sub fee so I never got into it. The fact that you couldnt buy it used made me want the game even less, from a principle stand point. If I can find a decent deal on it this holiday season, I will pick it up to give it a whirl.

Plus the cost of the game rental & days you spent waiting to go get it on sale @smilepunch@

I got the game rental for $5 bucks for a week a few more days towait for it aren't so bad when I'm saving over 20 dollars

Plus the cost of the game rental & days you spent waiting to go get it on sale @smilepunch@

I got the game rental for $5 bucks for a week a few more days towait for it aren't so bad when I'm saving over 20 dollars

@loll@ its ok bud I am just messing with ya @grumpy@ I need to wait 5 more days till my game is released @grumpy@ I wonder if i could kick #1s ass all over again in that 5 days ... <_<

I just started playing DC Universe Online this week. I have always been interested in the game, but I didn't want to invest in a game that would be useless to me if I didn't pay the 15 bucks a month... but since it became free to play earlier this month, I jumped in.

I created a character called "IMPERIUSREX" because amazingly all of the other combos I tried to do to get a namor or submariner name failed because they were already taken by other players. My dude looks just like Namor except I couldn't add pointy ears or winged-ankles.

And I chose to make him an ice-powered brawler because I didn't think the other power sets would work for Namor that well. You can choose between Fire, Ice, Gadgets, Mental, Nature, and Magic.... so I went with ice.. meh.. I wish they had more powers to choose from.

I made another character called "TheSilentMaster" to be like Snake Eyes. I couldn't get his name to be anything close to Snake Eyes though because they were all taken. I made him a dual wielding acrobatic fighter.

I don't really know what the heck I am doing yet or how to play with other people or anything like that.. but I am having a pretty good time just doing solo stuff so far. It seems like the world is HUGE and very intricate. The fighting is pretty repetative so far because I don't have any weapons or powers really, but its not too bad because there are plenty of baddies around.

I tell ya, when I first took off to fly over Metropolis, I was like.. damn, this game is awesome

I played that game for alittle while but I need someone to show me the ins and outs of it. Its waaaaay too much to take in all at once. I made a Magic Character Zanthos and a dual wielding shooter I wanted to name him Toysniper but someone took my name! So I called him KnightShot haha .

A character that mademe laugh while playing was this guy I saw running around that looked like the Thing and his name was The OrangeCrush. I was like that's a good one haha.

It is a very detailed game though and lots to do.

@loll@ its ok bud I am just messing with ya @grumpy@ I need to wait 5 more days till my game is released @grumpy@ I wonder if i could kick #1s ass all over again in that 5 days ... <_<

I had a feeling you were just screwing with me what game are you waiting for?

I really want to play that game CLAM, infact it was the motivating reason I bought the PS3, but like you, I didn't care for the sub fee so I never got into it. The fact that you couldnt buy it used made me want the game even less, from a principle stand point. If I can find a decent deal on it this holiday season, I will pick it up to give it a whirl.

dude, it is FREE!

I didn't pay a dime for it. You can just download it from the PSN store... but you need to have 17 or 18 GB free and it took me forever to download the whole thing.

Really?... Is the free play limited time?...

I don't know if it is or not.. but you can download it for free in the PSN store

Yeah they annouced that there is going to be 3 tiers of play...Free, Advandced, and Priemium. You can still play the bulk of the game on the free side, but if you still pay to play then other perks and side missions become available to you

Yeah they annouced that there is going to be 3 tiers of play...Free, Advandced, and Priemium. You can still play the bulk of the game on the free side, but if you still pay to play then other perks and side missions become available to you

right. I went a few days in the "Free" tier of play.. I liked the game enough that I decided to invest a little bit of my PSN points to upgrade to the "Premium" status. Basically, you just have to spend 5 bucks worth of points in the market to become a Premium level member.

I wanted to upgrade because I wanted more inventory slots, to be able to carry more cash, and to be able to create 6 characters. But the big bonus is that you don't have to wait in line like the free players do. I had to wait like 20+ minutes to get into the game at certain times before.

right. I went a few days in the "Free" tier of play.. I liked the game enough that I decided to invest a little bit of my PSN points to upgrade to the "Premium" status. Basically, you just have to spend 5 bucks worth of points in the market to become a Premium level member.

I wanted to upgrade because I wanted more inventory slots, to be able to carry more cash, and to be able to create 6 characters. But the big bonus is that you don't have to wait in line like the free players do. I had to wait like 20+ minutes to get into the game at certain times before.

So thats how they get you... LOL...

On a side note... Skyrim comes out tomorrow...

man thats so weird that its hitting on a friday.... no game is released on a friggin friday... unless its 111111.... which it is... so weird tho.

on a side note for me.... Tuesday is going to be AMAZING.... ultimate marvel 3 and Saints Row 3 ..... the only sad thing is ill literally be older before i get them. But man, its this time a year that makes me happy to love the gamin.

Ok I downloaded DC Universe on my lunch break, it was actually pretty quick, I would say from looking in the store to being able to start a game after the patch, maybe 30 min? I was worried about the 16 gig thing, but I guess it's only to play it because the game was like 300 MB or something. I will probably play some Batman tonight but will start playing DCU sometime either after the wife falls asleep, or this weekend.

BTW, is there some sort of friends list? Just wondering if us TNI guys can create a team or something.

OK so when i first started playing on my xbox i used no g amer tag cause I didn't know how important it was or thought I'd really use much multiplayer ... when i figured it out I made up a user name ... it seems that is causing problems now because I am playing a game over again that i played on my blank account & its saying that it can't save the achievements to my account & I think that is why ... any ideas ?

Ok I downloaded DC Universe on my lunch break, it was actually pretty quick, I would say from looking in the store to being able to start a game after the patch, maybe 30 min? I was worried about the 16 gig thing, but I guess it's only to play it because the game was like 300 MB or something. I will probably play some Batman tonight but will start playing DCU sometime either after the wife falls asleep, or this weekend.

BTW, is there some sort of friends list? Just wondering if us TNI guys can create a team or something.

yeah, the initial download from the PSN store is only a few hundred MB... but then once you launch the game itself you have to download 17 gigs of stuff inside of the start screen.

It took me a long time to download the game, split over 2 sessions.. maybe 12-14 hours. I don't know if its because I have the very first PS3 model or my DSL connection isn't lightning fast, but it always takes me hella long to download from the PSN.

but it was well worth it. I am addicted to this game now. It's frickin awesome and I haven't even visited Gotham City yet.

When you get your character up and going let me know. I know there are more of us playing this game, but I don't have anybody on my friends list yet. I am currently playing as IMPERIUSREX

So thats how they get you... LOL...

yeah, but I don't feel like they "got me" at all.... so far I have paid a total of 5 bucks for this game using PSN points I already had a ton of. And this game is well worth the full price of 60 bucks. I would have been happy to buy it when it first launched, but I didn't want to pay 15 bucks a month because if I didn't play for a while then I would be wasting money and if you didn't pay you couldn't play at all.

but now it's free and it's great. Even if you don't want to pay any for the upgrades, this game is still very playable in the free teir

OK so when i first started playing on my xbox i used no g amer tag cause I didn't know how important it was or thought I'd really use much multiplayer ... when i figured it out I made up a user name ... it seems that is causing problems now because I am playing a game over again that i played on my blank account & its saying that it can't save the achievements to my account & I think that is why ... any ideas ?

this happened to me as well I managed to solve this by using the name already in my Xbox and making a gamertag using the exact same name

i don't even think i used a name i just hit the enter key to whatever they have pop up first @loll@ Great! I am fucked cause I was an xbox noob who didn't know any better @loll@ Does xbox have some kind of free customer service tech support line I could call?? ... if so anyone have the number handy ?

this happened to me as well I managed to solve this by using the name already in my Xbox and making a gamertag using the exact same name

i did a recover your gamer profile & that seems to have fixed the problem I also see the assassins creed now in my game list & achievement section where as for whatever reason I did not before ...

i did a recover your gamer profile & that seems to have fixed the problem I also see the assassins creed now in my game list & achievement section where as for whatever reason I did not before ...

what's your gamer tag? I'll add you as a friend

i am on xbox silver i rarely play multplayer anymore :S I may wind up shelling out for gold though when assassins creed revelations comes out the multiplayer in that is wicked nasty @firedevil@