Doom Saber

Video Game Thread.

I'm sorry for killing you Plank. Your Freddy was better than mine though haha. I have yet to taste the blood of Hayato muhahahahaaaaa!

I had fun though, I'm trying to learn more combos with more characters. I wanna master Sonya and Freddy. Sonya gives people fits for some reason. Even the Noob,Scorpion,Ermac, and Smoke lovers.

Truth is Toysniper beat me so bad at Mortal Kombat that it actually cut my hands open. I cannot play not because I do not want to completely have my hands smashed in. You are too good sir!

I'm sorry for killing you Plank. Your Freddy was better than mine though haha. I have yet to taste the blood of Hayato muhahahahaaaaa!

I had fun though, I'm trying to learn more combos with more characters. I wanna master Sonya and Freddy. Sonya gives people fits for some reason. Even the Noob,Scorpion,Ermac, and Smoke lovers.

hahah maybe tonight... dont have much going on, mostly doing some art and working on a model. Aside from that I think I can spare some time to hit up some MK. Id imagine most people hate Sonya because of her pre combo before her xray. Once the initial combo connects, you are stuck getting hit with the rest of the xray. Its pretty ridiculous. I havent played in a few days but Im more than down to do it up. Also I have yet to see how Freddy fights so that will be interesting. Only DLC I dont have.

I just got back from a vaction and hope to beat uncharted 2 very soon, I think i'm close and when i'm done a friend loaned m his copy of knights of the old republic! So I'll have to start that.

I've noticed i have a huge backlog of games now and need to stop buying anything else. (Mass effect 1 and 2, infamous, Little big planet, Heavy Rain, 3D dot game heroes, condemned (it was just 7 bucks and i thought i liked it ...) and i actually think there is one or two more!

• Like 1

Anyone play singularity ?.. its on sale for $30 just wondering if its worth it ... ... looks like its something that would kill some time while I wait for dark souls & assassins creed revelations to come out

I just got back from a vaction and hope to beat uncharted 2 very soon, I think i'm close and when i'm done a friend loaned m his copy of knights of the old republic! So I'll have to start that.

I've noticed i have a huge backlog of games now and need to stop buying anything else. (Mass effect 1 and 2, infamous, Little big planet, Heavy Rain, 3D dot game heroes, condemned (it was just 7 bucks and i thought i liked it ...) and i actually think there is one or two more!

what are little big planet & heavy rain like ?... any good ?... names sound interesting enough ...

huh lame ... futureshop wouldn't price match a game for me because its from someone selling it on amazon ... I look & there are like 20 other sellers selling it for the same price on amazon all lower the future shop .... even with shipping its still lower than store price @loll@ guess who is getting my cash :D

what are little big planet & heavy rain like ?... any good ?... names sound interesting enough ...

I can't speak for Heavy Rain, but Little Big Planet is a fun game. My wife and I used to play it alot when we first got the PS3, infact I think it's her fav PS3 game. It's a fun sidescroller that lets players create levels, pretty fun stuff!

well i ordered singularity point to tide me over though who knows if I will have time to play it :S $20 from amazon ... stupid future shop ... what they think i won't wait a few days to get an item cheaper through the mail @loll@ @hmmm@

Still just been playing Mortal Kombat whenever I get a chance.

I finally got my achievement for 10 ranked wins in a row tonight using Jade. It actually ended up being a 12 win streak before it was broke.

I should be getting the achievement for mastering Jade in a few weeks too. I'm up to almost 17 hours of time played with her now.

Still just been playing Mortal Kombat whenever I get a chance.

I finally got my achievement for 10 ranked wins in a row tonight using Jade. It actually ended up being a 12 win streak before it was broke.

I should be getting the achievement for mastering Jade in a few weeks too. I'm up to almost 17 hours of time played with her now.

haha you know there is a trick to just turn on practice and leave it on unpaused overnight right? I did that with sektor.... i need a few more fatals/xrays and ill be golden..

Also finally got to play ToySniper... good stuff.. It was good times talking and doing random stuff. I learned from him that they do in fact give Kratos special attention when he gets killed. One crazy one is when Johnny Cage does his and the winner is fatality on him. He doesnt bust out the trophy, just the head chop.... so dumb... Rock, you were missed and I sent you an invite but you were balls deep in some netflix/hudu/vudu/whatever etc to respond haha. once your bleeding hand gets healed you need to get up in that...oh yeah and you should go get yourself a mic so we can BS. . also DJ you should just invest in a PS3 and another copy of MK to join us... haha

On another note, I decided to bust out Tekken 6 today after a long hiatus. I really love that game but damn its either been too long and im rusty or they upped the difficulty levels in the game. Similar to MK, who randomly decided the default difficulty levels were too easy, decide to up them so that they are all harder. But namely in tekken 6 i was getting my ass handed to me by the computer on MEDIUM! horrendous. I miss that game and I may just hold off on going back on it for a while... MvC3 and MK seem to still keep me well entertained and do pretty well in altho I need to get back into some super 4 as well...

Kratos will not be humiliated, even in death.

well he does get turned into a baby..... with a goatee and a massive man face. its very awkward looking.

Hey guys, yeah I saw your invite man, but the wife and I were watchin LOTR Two Towers (just need to watch Return of the King now) My youngest brother was in town this weekend, and he brought his 360 with MK, so I played a little bit with him. I am sure I'll be able to play this week, we'll just need to throw down!

Oh and Spystreak, I ended up taking my bandaging from the ER off on Friday, turned out I must have cut a nerve too because I can't feel half my finger anymore, I can bend it and all and the cut itself is healing nicely, but I only have feeling in half of it, but I can live with it.

I did play some COD this weekend, but not much, and usually just zombies by myself (so I can pause it and walk away when I need to)

Anyone else here getting Arkham City? I will for sure be getting one, most likely from Best Buy with the Robin DLC pre-order.

For you EvilHayato:

"Yeah, they had plans for him. But they had spun the last of the pimps. Polyester, satin nailed, jewelery lips. While the guillotine just laughed again."

Kratos will not be humiliated, even in death.

well he does get turned into a baby..... with a goatee and a massive man face. its very awkward looking.

yeah but it wasn't humiliating because he looks like a badass ripping the stuffed Medusa's head from it's shoulders Decapitation makes almost anyone pretty badass

Hey EvilHayato mentioned Tekken and it made me think about the movie. Has anyone seen the Tekken movie? I thought it was gonna be stupid but I liked it for the simple fact that they had lots of fight scenes and the fights were set up kinda like the game and didnt take away from the movie. Kinda neat I thought. Kelly Overton was hot hot hot in the movie. I only wish Paul Phoenix was in the movie he's one of my favorites. The rest of the characters in the movie were good. It was a fun movie to watch but I just think it came out like a couple of years too late.

Hey EvilHayato mentioned Tekken and it made me think about the movie. Has anyone seen the Tekken movie? I thought it was gonna be stupid but I liked it for the simple fact that they had lots of fight scenes and the fights were set up kinda like the game and didnt take away from the movie. Kinda neat I thought. Kelly Overton was hot hot hot in the movie. I only wish Paul Phoenix was in the movie he's one of my favorites. The rest of the characters in the movie were good. It was a fun movie to watch but I just think it came out like a couple of years too late.

I saw it a while ago and I didnt think it was too bad (for a fighting game movie). I absolutely love fighting games but for some reason they never transition very well in live action, beit how the games are written or with creative visions of the games. They usually turn out very cheesy and laughable. None of the movies were ever great but they were moderately entertaining. The others were just plain bad... The bad ones are really REALLY bad.... namely King of Fighters, Legend of Chun Li, and even the original Street Fighter movies. The are supposedly making a CG Soul Calbur movie, but that has been in the works for some time as I heard that a good few years ago and no new info since then.

haha you know there is a trick to just turn on practice and leave it on unpaused overnight right? I did that with sektor.... i need a few more fatals/xrays and ill be golden..

Ya, I'm loving how Jade plays though, so I figured I just keep playing her, and get that way.

also DJ you should just invest in a PS3 and another copy of MK to join us... haha

If I had the extra money laying around, I would. @lol@

It would be cheaper for you guys that already have 360's to just buy an extra copy on the Xbox. ;) @smilepunch@

Yesterday, I kept dropping combos and doing stupid #$## like wake-up attacks against Cyrax and Sub-Zero players and getting netted or ice cloned right away, and just not playing very good. I went through a stretch where I lost about four matches in a row to players that weren't very good just because I was playing bad. I was getting so pissed I started swearing and yelling out loud. My wife goes, "If this game makes you that mad, why do you even play it?" @lol@

That got me wondering...how many of you guys actually get mad to the point of expressing it verbally and physically when you're playing video games? I remember back when I was playing a lot of Gears, I actually threw one of my controllers at the wall and bent one of the analog sticks on it. I'm not normally a very emotional person, and never get mad to the point that I'm actually physically violent...but for some reason, competitive video games can make me that way. I think part of it is just because I've always been very competitive myself, and hate to lose...so if I'm losing when I know the other person isn't all that good (either because they're being cheap, or because I'm playing bad), I just get pissed about it.

I know I'm not the only person that's like that, because one of my friends is the same way. He broke one of his controllers in half playing COD after he put it down on the floor and punched it as hard as he could. @lol@

I've never really been one to want to break the controllers, but when we were kids, my cousin would always throw his NES controllers on the ground or at the system when he was losing or getting mad. He would always chew on the corners of the controllers too, in fact seeing a controller that wasn't chewed up to me is a forgein concept, as he would chew our controllers, his controllers, and the controllers at my grandma's house. Now I don't ever throw my controllers, but I have gotten mad to the point of swear and I'll just cut off the power then since it's not much fun. I'll get more frustrated when I am drunk or something and want to play but I am too far gone, usually it's Call of Duty that I want to play when I am the most inebriated.

If I had the extra money laying around, I would. @lol@

It would be cheaper for you guys that already have 360's to just buy an extra copy on the Xbox. ;) @smilepunch@

Yesterday, I kept dropping combos and doing stupid #$## like wake-up attacks against Cyrax and Sub-Zero players and getting netted or ice cloned right away, and just not playing very good. I went through a stretch where I lost about four matches in a row to players that weren't very good just because I was playing bad. I was getting so pissed I started swearing and yelling out loud. My wife goes, "If this game makes you that mad, why do you even play it?" @lol@

That got me wondering...how many of you guys actually get mad to the point of expressing it verbally and physically when you're playing video games? I remember back when I was playing a lot of Gears, I actually threw one of my controllers at the wall and bent one of the analog sticks on it. I'm not normally a very emotional person, and never get mad to the point that I'm actually physically violent...but for some reason, competitive video games can make me that way. I think part of it is just because I've always been very competitive myself, and hate to lose...so if I'm losing when I know the other person isn't all that good (either because they're being cheap, or because I'm playing bad), I just get pissed about it.

I know I'm not the only person that's like that, because one of my friends is the same way. He broke one of his controllers in half playing COD after he put it down on the floor and punched it as hard as he could. @lol@

Well the game is so good once I see it for around 20 I may end up buying it again for 360 this time.

Ive been known to cuss when I get frustrated at a game, usually its a fighting game haha. When I started up tekken 6 again and losing on medium because I was playing badly and the AI difficulty was spiked higher than it used to I was getting fumes. But Ive never been so dumb as to throw my controllers or break anything. I just get pissed, sometimes hit the sofa and continue on. If I get frustrated enough, I just bail on the game entirely and either start a different game or turn it all off. I did have a friend/coworker that i knew who actually went through about 6 or so controllers because of his fits of rage. I think Gamestop denied him from their return policies because of how many he went through so often. It was really bad.

I've never really been one to want to break the controllers, but when we were kids, my cousin would always throw his NES controllers on the ground or at the system when he was losing or getting mad. He would always chew on the corners of the controllers too, in fact seeing a controller that wasn't chewed up to me is a forgein concept, as he would chew our controllers, his controllers, and the controllers at my grandma's house. Now I don't ever throw my controllers, but I have gotten mad to the point of swear and I'll just cut off the power then since it's not much fun. I'll get more frustrated when I am drunk or something and want to play but I am too far gone, usually it's Call of Duty that I want to play when I am the most inebriated.

See thats just weird about the chewing thing. If it was my cousin and he did that I would probably kick him or something if he was doing that to my stuff. That and call him crazy for doing it. Also I find it much more soothing and relaxing when Im playing games inebriated. Im alot more calm, happy and just relaxed... I do play worse most of the time but it doesnt matter because im buzzing hardddd hahaa.

See thats just weird about the chewing thing. If it was my cousin and he did that I would probably kick him or something if he was doing that to my stuff. That and call him crazy for doing it. Also I find it much more soothing and relaxing when Im playing games inebriated. Im alot more calm, happy and just relaxed... I do play worse most of the time but it doesnt matter because im buzzing hardddd hahaa.

I play differently depending on what I am getting wasted with. If I am drinking, it'll just be a blur and I wont do well at all, but I'll have fun. If I am doing something that makes me jittery and tweak, I'll get frustrated with games like COD but fighting games like MK feed into it, I really like to play fighting games best then. If I am doing something to chill out to, I'll have fun and do well enough no matter what game it is. Yeah the chewing thing was weird, but it's whatever, wish I still had my NES, bite marks and all!

But Ive never been so dumb as to throw my controllers or break anything. I just get pissed, sometimes hit the sofa and continue on.

Ya, I'll be the first to admit it's pretty dumb to get so upset about a video game, but some games just get me to that snapping point for some reason. I have an EXTREMELY long fuze, and it takes a lot to get me upset, but when it comes to competition in games, I can get there. If I'm playing against friends, it's no big deal if I lose...but if it's against strangers online that are being cheap, or I'm losing when I know I should be winning (especially if they start bragging and talking #$## after they win)...it just makes me snap, and I don't even think about what I'm doing. It's not like I'm getting up and smashing lamps and breaking furniture or anything...but a few controllers have bounced off the floor or wall a few times.

The funny thing is, I'm so competitive, it just makes me want to play more and redeem myself. So, I guess in that respect I might be dumb to continue doing something that's making me so upset. @lol@

Well the game is so good once I see it for around 20 I may end up buying it again for 360 this time.

Well, if you do, friend me on Xbox Live. My gamertag is DarthJoeMT...or friend me now if you want...or anyone that posts here that wants to play any games together in the future.

I promise I won't yell into the mic or go into a violent fit of rage. @loll@

Well, if you do, friend me on Xbox Live. My gamertag is DarthJoeMT...or friend me now if you want...or anyone that posts here that wants to play any games together in the future.

I promise I won't yell into the mic or go into a violent fit of rage. @loll@

I play most of my fighters on live as opposed to psn.... mk was just so i could get the kratos extra stuff and play with friends that only have ps3s. My gamertag is in my sig.

The whole so mad you can throw a controller thing? Yeah. 2K11. There are times when it is so blatantly obvious that the computer doesn't want you to win. Guys are missing wide open shots under the basket. Your best rebounder jumps up and lets the ball roll down his chest for the other team to get a rebound. I even had a foul called against one of my guys that was just standing there. Not even moving. Not going for the ball. Just standing there. I've never broke a controller, but I've gotten quite verbal towards a game before. I keep my language clean, but I can get loud. My 10 y/o daughter loves to mock her daddy by yelling "c'mon! Are you serious?" She knows how those games get to me. Especially when there are playoff implications on the line.

The whole so mad you can throw a controller thing? Yeah. 2K11. There are times when it is so blatantly obvious that the computer doesn't want you to win. Guys are missing wide open shots under the basket. Your best rebounder jumps up and lets the ball roll down his chest for the other team to get a rebound. I even had a foul called against one of my guys that was just standing there. Not even moving. Not going for the ball. Just standing there. I've never broke a controller, but I've gotten quite verbal towards a game before. I keep my language clean, but I can get loud. My 10 y/o daughter loves to mock her daddy by yelling "c'mon! Are you serious?" She knows how those games get to me. Especially when there are playoff implications on the line.

One of the things I love about sports games is that my reactions are the same as watching the game "Common, he didn't step out of bounds!" " Are you kidding me? He was down!"