Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

seems no ones playing any new games right now... I have still been consistently playing mvc3, street fighter and mortal kombat.... speaking of, the new Kenshi DLC is pretty good. I just wish they would add the DLC characters to the Neckropolis area so you can see their stats/models/endings. And it would be nice if they had made alt costumes for them. They did for skarlet but never released it with her...makes the dlc characters feel kind of incomplete.

boreed neeed new games to come out

tomb raider

demon souls

assassins creed Rev

Bioshock I

hmmm ...

What else was interesting at e3 ....

I've been on the last leg on infamous for about a week, but since my wife was off all weekend, I didn't get much time to play. I'm sure I'll have it beat in a day or two, I've been thinking about getting another game for PS3, anyone got any suggestions?

EDIT: Looks like best buy is having a buy two get one free sale on all their games, I'll be going there later this week

Rain is the next DL character...

Wow...Rain looks pretty sick. Looks like he has quite a few specials too, and they kept his around the world roundhouse in tact. @lol@

I kind of burned myself out on MK. I've been playing quite a bit online still, and started using Kenshi. The only problem with this game is it really lacks the depth that games like Soul Calibur have. It's hard to point out exactly what it is, but all of the matches kind of start to feel the same after awhile. A lot of the characters lack any really good mix-up combos, and even when they do have them they're still pretty predictable. Most matches are really about who can get off the really big combos consistently, and there's not really enough back and forth. There's still some pretty cheap tactics in this game as well.

My biggest complaint about online is still all of the people using Scorpion. Pretty much all of my gaming sessions look something like this:

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Smoke

- Scorpion

- Kitana

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Smoke

- Smoke

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Kitana

- Some other character (usually Kano, Reptile, Sub-Zero, or Cyrax)

- Scorpion

- Smoke

- Scorpion

Maybe the matches wouldn't all feel the same if people would use some characters other than the few mentioned here above. @lol@

I think I just need to give it a break, and come back after a few weeks. :P

I've been on the last leg on infamous for about a week, but since my wife was off all weekend, I didn't get much time to play. I'm sure I'll have it beat in a day or two, I've been thinking about getting another game for PS3, anyone got any suggestions?

EDIT: Looks like best buy is having a buy two get one free sale on all their games, I'll be going there later this week

Fallout new vegas or killzone 3

Wow...Rain looks pretty sick. Looks like he has quite a few specials too, and they kept his around the world roundhouse in tact. @lol@

I kind of burned myself out on MK. I've been playing quite a bit online still, and started using Kenshi. The only problem with this game is it really lacks the depth that games like Soul Calibur have. It's hard to point out exactly what it is, but all of the matches kind of start to feel the same after awhile. A lot of the characters lack any really good mix-up combos, and even when they do have them they're still pretty predictable. Most matches are really about who can get off the really big combos consistently, and there's not really enough back and forth. There's still some pretty cheap tactics in this game as well.

My biggest complaint about online is still all of the people using Scorpion. Pretty much all of my gaming sessions look something like this:

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Smoke

- Scorpion

- Kitana

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Smoke

- Smoke

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Scorpion

- Kitana

- Some other character (usually Kano, Reptile, Sub-Zero, or Cyrax)

- Scorpion

- Smoke

- Scorpion

Maybe the matches wouldn't all feel the same if people would use some characters other than the few mentioned here above. @lol@

I think I just need to give it a break, and come back after a few weeks. :P

I feel differently.. I havent got sick of the game yet. This is one MK where I like just about every character and their moveset. It feels like so many of their moves work so well together its fun piecing combos together along with specials to see what you can come up with. Now I havent really played random online battles as I dont tend to like online mostly because you always get the assholes that just want a cheap win and never a good fight and they use cheap tactics for said win. I feel kind of the same for SF and MvC3... except mostly people that have too much time on their hands that study combos and dominate you like youre in a tourney or something. I like playing hardcore but at the same time i dont have the time to dedicate to learn and memorize combo lists. I combo as I go and learn the mechanics of the games. Its ashame we dont have MK on the same system as Im sure we'd have a good challenge. You can definitely be alot more cheap in MK than any other fighter though.

I like kenshi as well but im hearing that kenshi is super OP online. Im surprised you have yet to encounter him online. Ive only dabbled with him but I cant seem to get crazy with him just yet... still diggin skarlet and the rest of the cast. So far it seems my primary main tho is Sektor just like back in mk3 days. His combo strings arent the best but his juggles make up for it.

Went to best buy after work, I got God of War Collection, Uncharted, and Killzone 2 for $60. Not bad, I think I will go back before the sale is over and buy three copies of infamous 2, and sell two on ebay and keep the third for free, or at the very least paying like 5 or 10 for it.

God of War has been a lot of fun. It's got a real Ninja Gaiden feel to it, something I very much enjoy. Plan on sinking my teeth into Killzone 2 this weekend, the guy at BestBuy was all over it, so I've got high hopes.

I freaking love it the controls are a bit sluggish but not much of a problem

God of War is fun, but I got to admit that after the third game these games are freaking boring now. I also have the 2 PSP games, and I can't even get myself to finish the second one (the one that came out after God of War 3).

I did play through each one several times to unlock the hardest difficulty (and beat it too) so it could just be me.

I picked up a few used games for 360 at EB Games I'm pissed at Best buy the guy working there assured me that Quake Wars would run for my computer when I managed to install it and when I went to play it I got nothing but erros and a system crash thank god my mother got me a copy of it for 360

I picked up a few used games for 360 at EB Games I'm pissed at Best buy the guy working there assured me that Quake Wars would run for my computer when I managed to install it and when I went to play it I got nothing but erros and a system crash thank god my mother got me a copy of it for 360

That game in itself is an error. Its pretty horrible and very dated even by the standards of when it came out, so you are not missing out on anything except unless you want to stab your eyes out, then yeah youre missing it. I bought it a few years ago for the 360, and granted i know that PC versions tend to be superior but the game just felt bland and boring. The shooter genre in general is feeling very stale nowadays. Very few of them feel like they bring anything new, orginal, or fun to the table.

On a different note I decided to hit up the backlog and break out Brutal Legend. Its a pretty decent game and for a fan of metal like myself, the content and nods to everything metal makes me smile. It has alot of fun nuances and the story and voice acting are pretty awesome. Jack Black was a perfect choice. Hell there was even a side mission for a minion that looked and was voiced by Kyle Gass which was awesome. The gameplay isnt too bad, i dont like having it as an open world kind of game but ive been mostly just doing the story missions and the cut scenes are very entertaining. I got to the RTS style gameplay of the game and its not as annoying as i thought but it is a bit ridiculous. Still overall pretty fun, especially for the 8 bucks i spent on it new about a year ago haha.

That game in itself is an error. Its pretty horrible and very dated even by the standards of when it came out, so you are not missing out on anything except unless you want to stab your eyes out, then yeah youre missing it. I bought it a few years ago for the 360, and granted i know that PC versions tend to be superior but the game just felt bland and boring. The shooter genre in general is feeling very stale nowadays. Very few of them feel like they bring anything new, orginal, or fun to the table.

On a different note I decided to hit up the backlog and break out Brutal Legend. Its a pretty decent game and for a fan of metal like myself, the content and nods to everything metal makes me smile. It has alot of fun nuances and the story and voice acting are pretty awesome. Jack Black was a perfect choice. Hell there was even a side mission for a minion that looked and was voiced by Kyle Gass which was awesome. The gameplay isnt too bad, i dont like having it as an open world kind of game but ive been mostly just doing the story missions and the cut scenes are very entertaining. I got to the RTS style gameplay of the game and its not as annoying as i thought but it is a bit ridiculous. Still overall pretty fun, especially for the 8 bucks i spent on it new about a year ago haha.

I'm actaully having fun with it for 360 and I haven't stabbbed my eyes out yet :) the graphics may be outdated but the gameplay is simple and fun where as other games I've played like Duke nukem forever was a pain in the arse and had clunky controls maybe it's just me and my love of vintage games

I'm actaully having fun with it for 360 and I haven't stabbbed my eyes out yet :) the graphics may be outdated but the gameplay is simple and fun where as other games I've played like Duke nukem forever was a pain in the arse and had clunky controls maybe it's just me and my love of vintage games

definitely not due to love for vintage games. I love older games. The game plays like a typical shooter and not a very good one as compared to most shooters nowadays. Its no call of duty but at the same time COD has gotten alittle stale as well. Activision knows how to sell COD tho and they develop some extremely well done levels in their multiplayer. QW was just too redundant, it had some interesting concepts but it overall feels bland. But i can name a worse older FPS game; soldier of fortune payback.... now THAT game is atrocious. I got stuck on it because of how badly designed it was. The original was amazing and the gore at the time was never before seen in an FPS. I was stuck on a boss battle where you were in the back of a car and fighting a boss thats above you in another car in like a pit like area and he would throw grenades at you and i ran out of ammo and there is no way to get new weapons or ammo as you fought the guy... it was just die. no way of attacking the guy. It was the most absurd thing Ive ever had in an FPS game.. horrible design.

Also finally getting some multiplayer in Mortal Kombat and Im having a blast. Seems they mightve fixed the laggy issues. At first it was giving some seriously hardcore lag but recently like tonight it was pretty good and fairly unnoticeable. After every match when right before and after you select your characters it makes the other players voice sound very robotic and repeat themselves over and over which is really strange but manageable. Other than that is pretty awesome. Still loving the hell out of that game and i cant wait for Rain on Tuesday..... unfortunately i wont be getting him until friday once my friend buys him. I dig how the MK guys are dishing out the DLC. Looking forward to using the MK2 versions of Kitana and Jade as well... they are some of the primary characters i like to use alot as well.

Yeah my issue I was having at first with Killzone 2 was the controls, I was so used to COD controls, I found myself getting shot in the face all the time because I couldn't figure out how to crouch down or stab someone properly. Fortunately they have a controller setting that's pretty close to COD with a few minor, manageable differences. The AI is pretty good, much better then Gears of War (don't know about 3 yet) and those guys are hard to kill, glad the enemy has red glowing eyes, I wouldn't be able to see them at all otherwise. I do feel its a little sluggish sometimes, not just controller response time, but I remember I was at a loading screen for what seemed like forever, I was starting to think it had frozen up. Overall, it was a good buy.

God of War is fun, but I got to admit that after the third game these games are freaking boring now. I also have the 2 PSP games, and I can't even get myself to finish the second one (the one that came out after God of War 3).

I did play through each one several times to unlock the hardest difficulty (and beat it too) so it could just be me.

Yeah I set mine to the hardest it will let you at first, and to be honest there hasn't been any real difficulty to it. I find my self passing over a lot of health boxes because I don't have much damaged. A good hack and slash game with a few minor puzzles. Should be interesting to see how God of War has stepped it up in the second and third ones.

Also finally getting some multiplayer in Mortal Kombat and Im having a blast. Seems they mightve fixed the laggy issues. At first it was giving some seriously hardcore lag but recently like tonight it was pretty good and fairly unnoticeable. After every match when right before and after you select your characters it makes the other players voice sound very robotic and repeat themselves over and over which is really strange but manageable. Other than that is pretty awesome. Still loving the hell out of that game and i cant wait for Rain on Tuesday..... unfortunately i wont be getting him until friday once my friend buys him. I dig how the MK guys are dishing out the DLC. Looking forward to using the MK2 versions of Kitana and Jade as well... they are some of the primary characters i like to use alot as well.

I really need to get back on some MK. I don't have any of the DLC yet, but I am planning on it. My wife wants

aaaaannnnnnddd Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is announced today... 12 new characters, 8 new levels, spectator mode, and some other unnannounced-ness. Hawkeye, Firebrand, Strider, and Ghost Rider are announced as the first of the 12. It will be 40 bucks and is releasing November 15... Im back and forth with this announcement. The game isnt even out for a year and they are already releasing an uber version. But on the other hand if they released all of this as DLC it would be over $100... the characters alone would be $60 with how they priced Jill and Shuma. I m also hearing that Jill/Shuma are going to stay standalone DLC and you ll have to buy them still to play them in UMvC3 if you dont already have them. Needless to say Im still getting this.. and since its releasing 2 days after my birthday I know what Im going to ask for since im kind of broke lately.

According to leaked images that Capcom has already taken down from their website, the full list of new characters for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 are:

Marvel

Hawkeye

Ghost Rider

Dr. Strange

Iron Fist

Nova

Rocket Raccoon

Capcom

Firebrand

Strider

Frank West

Nemesis

Vergil

Phoenix Wright

I'm kind of scratching my head at the inclusion of Phoenix Wright because I have no idea how he'll work like, but really excited to see Nova and Rocket Raccoon. I hope this list is true.

Yeah my issue I was having at first with Killzone 2 was the controls, I was so used to COD controls, I found myself getting shot in the face all the time because I couldn't figure out how to crouch down or stab someone properly. Fortunately they have a controller setting that's pretty close to COD with a few minor, manageable differences. The AI is pretty good, much better then Gears of War (don't know about 3 yet) and those guys are hard to kill, glad the enemy has red glowing eyes, I wouldn't be able to see them at all otherwise. I do feel its a little sluggish sometimes, not just controller response time, but I remember I was at a loading screen for what seemed like forever, I was starting to think it had frozen up. Overall, it was a good buy.

Yeah I set mine to the hardest it will let you at first, and to be honest there hasn't been any real difficulty to it. I find my self passing over a lot of health boxes because I don't have much damaged. A good hack and slash game with a few minor puzzles. Should be interesting to see how God of War has stepped it up in the second and third ones.

I really need to get back on some MK. I don't have any of the DLC yet, but I am planning on it. My wife wants

I found Killzone 3's controls less sluggish and the Helghast are easier to spot and shoot

According to leaked images that Capcom has already taken down from their website, the full list of new characters for Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 are:

Marvel

Hawkeye

Ghost Rider

Dr. Strange

Iron Fist

Nova

Rocket Raccoon

Capcom

Firebrand

Strider

Frank West

Nemesis

Vergil

Phoenix Wright

I'm kind of scratching my head at the inclusion of Phoenix Wright because I have no idea how he'll work like, but really excited to see Nova and Rocket Raccoon. I hope this list is true.

Im not feeling the list too much.. I ll tell the ones I feel are amazing and the ones i feel shouldnt be IMO.. Super stoked for Firbrand, Strider, Nemesis, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Dr. Strange, and even alittle for iron fist and nova. I am pondering the inclusion of Vergil as he would essentially be a Dante clone and they like to say that they only intro characters that are drastically different in gameplay and feel different... (yeah I know ryu and akuma are like that but i guess with me i love akuma but also i think hes more popular).... another example which is alittle off but not horrible is the inclusion of hawkeye.... Taskmaster already essentially has alot of similar moves to him so its kind of weird. Not a fan of the inclusion of Frank West... He kind of played horrible in TvC and was more a joke character than anything but i personally dont really like his character... I do however like Chuck Greene due to his lack of odd B movie feel that Frank has. And with that I come down to the inclusion of Phoenix Wright... he was always the most demanded effing character that everyone and their mom wanted except me. I m tired of joke characters filling up slots instead of legit and well rounded fighters. and with that same reason not of fan of rocket racoons inclusion either. I suppose we ll find out more once they show gameplay but as of now the main list is alittle disappointing.. I wouldve much rather had some megaman, juggernaut, venom, gambit, cyclops, thanos, rogue, power stone characters, gene from god hand, rival schools characters, jin saotome, star gladiator characters, hell even tech romancer characters.

Altho i didnt really like the original mvc3 cast, alot of characters surprisingly grew on me, namely she hulk, which i really love playing as.

started Call of Juarez Cartel the character's voices especially the Girls are annoying what's worse is they repeat lines like "try aiming" or "without us you'd be Mother F##kin dead"' thank god for the audio options muted the voices