Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I have gotten into Terraria. It's a cheaper minecraft like game on steam. It's fairly new and has had good reviews. It's 2d rather than 3d so you don't deal with the harsh polygons of minecraft. You still explore and mine, but in this game there are bosses etc. Anyone else?

definitely need to hit up some mortal kombat matches with rocktheplank and toysniper sometime soon as well... we ll have to get a room going on psn.

We really should get some games going, if either of you see me playin MK, I am down to play since I am probably just dicking around.

I downloaded infamous last night before I went to bed, so I havent played it yet, but it should be fun (the demo was one of the first things I downloaded on my PS3) Been playing Dead Nation, its a lot of fun, though I do have the feeling it would be tons easier with a second person. It's got a dungeon crawler feel to it, as it's mostly, for me, getting them in smaller groups of a few at a time without agro-ing the rest of em. Im playing the hard setting, and it is for sure hard. I spent almost an hour trying to get to the next check point. I don't want to rush through and run to the end, no fun in that, so I am trying to get every zombie punk right between the eyes!

uhg looks like a lot of games are being made for knect I hope they will still have a controller option game style other wise I am done with xbox

as if to answer my question on what to look forward to for games e3 happens lol :) dark souls looks like my kind of game

So far

dark souls

tomb raider

look interesting

uhg looks like a lot of games are being made for knect I hope they will still have a controller option game style other wise I am done with xbox

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most of the games they are releasing for it are gimmicky and more family related games. The technology still has a LONG way to go before it will work properly with the kinds of games that we talk about here. When games like "Play With Your Pet: Kinect"...or whatever games they have out there for it...start selling more copies than games like COD and Halo, then I would get worried. I don't see it happening though.

as if to answer my question on what to look forward to for games e3 happens lol :) dark souls looks like my kind of game

So far

dark souls

tomb raider

look interesting

I can't wait for Dark Souls. It's a pseudo sequel to the acclaimed Demon's Souls, which I loved.

oh man some primo fighting game DLC has dropped today... got to get my wallet ready.. Super Street Fighter 4 arcade edition DLC and Mortal Kombats klassic kostumes pack... whooop! Now if only capcom would announce some friggin new Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC i would be extremely happy.

Man, I wish that Wii U controller was something we'd get with a handheld system. I want a huge screen with the dual joysticks and bumpers.

EDIT: I know the PSVita is what I just said, but I need to see some more software before I'm sold on that. All I use my PSP for is emulators of older games.

me and my Brother started playing reach again and Iobtained the rank of captain so I'm customising my Spartan into a captain america homage.

they showed fable with it which has got me worried I like the series but not that much @loll@

After Fable 3 I'm officially done with the series. Damn what a massive letdown that game was.

Fable II was enough for me. Still waiting for boss battles!

they showed fable with it which has got me worried I like the series but not that much @loll@

After Fable 3 I'm officially done with the series. Damn what a massive letdown that game was.

Yeah that was really my only pet peeve with Fable 2 and that the story was kinda short, but most current gen games are. Now Fable 3 just takes out so many things from Fable 1 and 2 and dumbs everything down.

Fable 3 introduces what seems like bosses but they just become regular enemies throughout the game.

Yeah that was really my only pet peeve with Fable 2 and that the story was kinda short, but most current gen games are. Now Fable 3 just takes out so many things from Fable 1 and 2 and dumbs everything down.

Fable 3 introduces what seems like bosses but they just become regular enemies throughout the game.

Yeah I playing it right now & already finished but s till playing it ... its quite odd that way ... boss fights would have been nice .... I am waiting for a sale for #3 before I get it .... I had #2 for half a year or more before I finally got to it lol .

Currently playing dead space 2 (CE Edition went on sale here a while ago so I snagged it :D ) It is freaking awesome I tell ya! I love the zero g with the flight & boost its awesome! I just got to the one of the most awesome moments I've ever played in a video game is when you get in this rocket chair which blasts you off from space, towards a planet you got to fly through all this wrecked building #$## like some times actually literally right through a pipe or some such! & then you crash land INTO a building & land almost movie ironman style! Its effing awesome @loll@

Started playing the first Assassin's Creed last night. So far I'm enjoying it

What one ?.. I was playing through brotherhood almost at the end when my saved game got deleted some how . I need to go back & replay it all I got kind of pissed off at it when that happened though decided to quit for a while @loll@ The trailer for the new one has me ubber hyped though

oh man some primo fighting game DLC has dropped today... got to get my wallet ready.. Super Street Fighter 4 arcade edition DLC and Mortal Kombats klassic kostumes pack... whooop! Now if only capcom would announce some friggin new Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC i would be extremely happy.

Didn't know it had dropped, I'll need to get it once pay day comes round.

Still working on Dead Nation, it's been fun, but frustrating because sometimes I can't see who is attacking me because of the lay out of the screen. We still need to play some MK EvilHayato! I'm not that great, but it's still fun!

Assassin's Creed 1. It's one of those games that I kept meaning to pick up, but never did. I finally ordered it ($6) & #2 ($10) when I ordered the Kinect for my daughters from Gamestop. I'll probably get Brotherhood after I'm finished playing these 2

Ive been so into infamous that I cant seem to draw away from it whenever i turn my ps3 on. I get that way alot with open world games. I was like that with crackdown 1,2, saints row 2, red dead, and prototype. The game is pretty good but for some reason i always like to dick around in those open world games. Ive also had the need to finally open my copy of MGS4 and play it, been kind of in a stealth game mood.

Also yeah Rock we'll get those matches it, its just a matter of time.

I've been playing Red Dead Redemption the last two nights. I bought the game when it was first released a little over a year ago, and played multiplayer for one night, and never went back to it for some reason. However, I'm LOVING single player...one of the best sandbox style games I've ever played, hands down.

My only beef with the game is how bad it cheats at poker. Either it's adjusting it's cards to win, or it knows what cards you have, and bids accordingly. There have been so many times where I would have a statistical advantage against a human opponent, and the computer still figures out a way to beat me. Quite a few times I have had straights, three of a kind, flushes, etc, and the computer, somehow, always manages to one-up me. It's pretty obvious that it's not coincidence after you play it enough.

That said, great game.

I find it kind of funny that this is one of the few Rockstar games where I've never heard any contention from the press. It's just as violent and basically has the same type of content as any of the other Rockstar games, yet I've never heard a peep out of the press about it. Maybe the people who are most vocal about these types of things realized how asinine it would be to argue against the same type of entertainment they grew up on (westerns, John Wayne, etc)? I guess video games are only a bad influence if it suits a cause?

On a side note, I read that the patch notes I posted for Mortal Kombat were postponed until an upcoming tournament...but they are still on the way. That still doesn't explain why the online play still sucks and is laggy as hell. :(