Doom Saber

Video Game Thread.

damn Xbox fell over it was undamaged but my Modern warfare 2 is scratched to #$## again #$##!

ouch, this happened to me with Dragon Age origins, i ended up rebuying it. Was there a cause for the fall? mine was a pesky cat.

damn Xbox fell over it was undamaged but my Modern warfare 2 is scratched to #$## again #$##!

ouch, this happened to me with Dragon Age origins, i ended up rebuying it. Was there a cause for the fall? mine was a pesky cat.

I've always been afraid that would happen with my 360, I always had it against something like a wall or a desk. Never happened to me, but it did to my brother who used to lug his xbox around like it was a gameboy, taking it any time he had to spend the night somewhere

I set mine down flat on top a speaker of mine no risk of falling :)

I set mine down flat on top a speaker of mine no risk of falling :)

Same here.

I learned a long time ago not to try to stand it up, because even the smallest bump can cause a disc to get scratched all to hell. I even had a few discs get scratched for no reason when I had it in the upright position.

me and my brother were playing using a charger cable for his controller and it got caught on my boot and I tripped over it so naturally it fell sucks but accidents happen I'm thinking of buying a stand for the XBOX next pay day may just get another copy along with it

Go wireless I hate wires for remotes lol even back in the day playing Nintendo I hated those stupid wires everyone would always try & walk around them @loll@

Go wireless I hate wires for remotes lol even back in the day playing Nintendo I hated those stupid wires everyone would always try & walk around them @loll@

the charge cable is detachable. Its a USB cord that attaches to the front USB port of the xbox and attaches to the top of the controller. Theres a red light on the end to show that its charging. Its amazing when you start running low on battery, you dont have to stop to charge it back up, you can just plug it in and bam back in business. Cords are always annoying even with the charge cable but man its such a luxury to have.

N64's cords were bad for it too especially when you've got three other people playing Golden eye 007 with you.

the charge cable is detachable. Its a USB cord that attaches to the front USB port of the xbox and attaches to the top of the controller. Theres a red light on the end to show that its charging. Its amazing when you start running low on battery, you dont have to stop to charge it back up, you can just plug it in and bam back in business. Cords are always annoying even with the charge cable but man its such a luxury to have.

I have this too, but I use my PC to charge the controller so that I don't have to use the cord while playing. It's a long cord though so it's not an issue even if I do have to use it.

One of the things I really like about the PS3 is that the controllers come rechargable already

one thing i dont like about the rechargeable controllers for the PS3 is the recharge cords are too damn short! I also like having the option to exchange batteries with either actual AA batts or rechargeable ones, but with the recharge cord for the 360, its like 10 feet long so i can sit on the couch and play while recharging. It is nice tho that i dont have to use just the PS3 cord to recharge, but any USB cord. Unfortunately, those type of USB cords are typically very short.

One of the things I really like about the PS3 is that the controllers come rechargable already

one thing i dont like about the rechargeable controllers for the PS3 is the recharge cords are too damn short! I also like having the option to exchange batteries with either actual AA batts or rechargeable ones, but with the recharge cord for the 360, its like 10 feet long so i can sit on the couch and play while recharging. It is nice tho that i dont have to use just the PS3 cord to recharge, but any USB cord. Unfortunately, those type of USB cords are typically very short.

my family has a longer fibre optics cord for their Ps3 it's even longer than the charger for the XBOX I don't like using either one as most of the time I'm on Tni or playlist.com while playing

playin Marvel vs Capcom III with my brother holy crap this is the most fun I've had with a video game in ages Dante @##@@ pwns his ass

playin Marvel vs Capcom III with my brother holy crap this is the most fun I've had with a video game in ages Dante @##@@ pwns his ass

It is quite the awesome and Dante has the most moves of any character in any Vs game with 40+ total. The multiplayer is the only problem I have with it. There is no spectator mode so if you are playing more than just one other person you are stuck in the lobby watching life bars dwindle and hearing the people that are playings' reactions. The other problem with its multiplayer is you cant turn off or change the game timer. With 3 on 3 the matches last longer than any typical fighter so why have the timer set like that? I have constant matches where I win/lose by default of the timer. Its pretty ridiculous, Im not in an arcade, I dont need to be limited to a game I OWN. Super Street Fighter 4 has an amazing online mode with a crap ton of features.

It is quite the awesome and Dante has the most moves of any character in any Vs game with 40+ total. The multiplayer is the only problem I have with it. There is no spectator mode so if you are playing more than just one other person you are stuck in the lobby watching life bars dwindle and hearing the people that are playings' reactions. The other problem with its multiplayer is you cant turn off or change the game timer. With 3 on 3 the matches last longer than any typical fighter so why have the timer set like that? I have constant matches where I win/lose by default of the timer. Its pretty ridiculous, Im not in an arcade, I dont need to be limited to a game I OWN. Super Street Fighter 4 has an amazing online mode with a crap ton of features.

yeah I was disapinted with the lack of Spectating as well but I don't think it's that big of an issue with me because I'm the kind of person when I'm winning I continously do re matchs. I mostly do spectating with call of Duty black ops than any other game. I actually beat my brother at almost every match on two player Death match with Marvel Vs Capcom 3 which is sad really as I was always more into shooters while he played the fighter games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken

yeah I was disapinted with the lack of Spectating as well but I don't think it's that big of an issue with me because I'm the kind of person when I'm winning I continously do re matchs. I mostly do spectating with call of Duty black ops than any other game. I actually beat my brother at almost every match on two player Death match with Marvel Vs Capcom 3 which is sad really as I was always more into shooters while he played the fighter games like Mortal Kombat and Tekken

MvC3 is one of the more easier fighting games to get into, even for novices. With the simple control option, it makes it 10x easier for someone that hasnt played a fighter or one in a while. The system isnt all that complex at first until you choose someone like Dormammu or MODOK and then you have some trouble. Tekken was always fairly easy to get into because the combo system was very button masher friendly. Anyone could pull off at least a 5 hit combo by jamming on the buttons. Its always when you start learning the actual moves is where the real learning curve happens.

At least in the new Mortal Kombat, you ll be able to fight WITH your brother in Coop tag team campaign, as well as against 2 other friends. Im so damn stoked for it, about as much as I was for MvC3. My biggest gripe with MvC3 (besides lack of spectating) is the lack of real modes. Most of the modes theyve added and included are kind of boring, half assed, and not fun. They think it all has to be for online and online only, when the online isnt that fun when you just watch those bars. Id like to see some single player modes that are fun and something to unlock. This generation of fighting games seem to think that they can just leave out the cool unlockables that gave the game more life and just charge them as DLC later on. Its a really weak concept, good for making them money, but cheapens the game and overall pisses off their fans. From what I hear, MK has alot of unlockable stuff in it as well as planned DLC, so that makes me very happy.

I dont mind DLC since the funds will give them more resources for future games... I just hate when they are half assed... A couple of costumes is not worth 10 dollars for example... Now if they gave us some new characters, stages and costumes I wouldnt mind paying...

Marvel vs Capcom 2 & 3,Smackdown vs Raw 2011 & i pretty much like any fighting games.

Ok so I want to get a new fighting game to play with my wife, but its a toss up between Marvel vs Capcom 3 and the new Mortal Kombat.. any thoughts?

Ok so I want to get a new fighting game to play with my wife, but its a toss up between Marvel vs Capcom 3 and the new Mortal Kombat.. any thoughts?

Well lets see... it depends on what she likes and the options you have. Ok so far MvC3 caters well with newb fighting game players with a simple control scheme option. It doesnt have the greatest of versus mode options but it has an amazing and unique cast that all play very different from eachother. With MK, you have the mature things so if you have kids it would be a bit harder to play or have around. But it has an extreme amount of offline modes as well as a cool co op tag team campaign mode as well as a 4 player tag team mode so you and your wife can play together as opposed to against eachother. Ive played the demo of MK and just judging such an early build I was thoroughly impressed and gives me alot more faith that MK is finally back and those last few titles never existed. MvC3 is a very solid and immensely enjoyable title as well despite the lack of some things. Ive put in a good 60+ hours in just under 2 months, so its pretty fun.

Sorry all that was just garbled ideas but hope it helps.

Have you two played any other fighting games together?

well if she's never really played Fighting games before I'd recommend Marvel vs Capcom 3 easy control system another reason I'd recommend Marvel vs Capcom 3 over Mortal Kombat is I know from personal experience women don't like alot of blood and gore me and a few of my friends watched Cannibal Holocaust with a couple of girls half way through the one girl threw up from it

hm... old games ... games I played as a kid ... ... crap! I am old now!! @loll@

anyone know anything about a program called ScummVM ?.. apparently you can use it with certain things to play old pc games. It says you can also use it on xbox ?..

http://search.creati...=Mozilla-search

I have it on my modded original Xbox. It plays the old school PC point and click games like the original sam and max and monkey island series, etc.

Not sure how you obtain it, I had it from friends who gave me the software to install but im sure if you google it you will find it.