Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Thats why I stopped preordering... Its kind of pointless unless they offer some badass bonus...

On a side note... I am still playing MH3... Probably not going to get to Mario Galaxy anytime soon...

Looks like money well spent it for you! but saddening you wont be graced with the awesome presence of Mario Galaxy......for now.

I am actually considering just giving it to one of my little cousins... They can put it to good use...

MVC3 - Jill Valentine and the eye ball creature was just announced...

Thats why I stopped preordering... Its kind of pointless unless they offer some badass bonus...

On a side note... I am still playing MH3... Probably not going to get to Mario Galaxy anytime soon...

Looks like money well spent it for you! but saddening you wont be graced with the awesome presence of Mario Galaxy......for now.

I am actually considering just giving it to one of my little cousins... They can put it to good use...

I'll vouch for Mario Galaxy, it really was a fun game. I love Mario games, and both Galaxy games were a lot of fun, well worth the time!

Not exactly just announced. They were officially announced way back a good 4 or 5 months ago for DLC that you can get for free with the special edition of the game. There have been leaks of them in gameplay for the past month or 2 but recently released was the first official gameplay from capcom. So far they are the only confirmed DLC characters for the game. From what the leaked twitter account said, there are 2 more characters that capcom is doing within the next year (besides costumes and stages). There was some kind of unofficial image of MvC3 programmed code that had Frank West and Doc Ock in with names of all the already included characters.

Also the I figured you wouldve known since hes a returning character from Marvel Super Heroes/vs Street Fighter/ Marvel vs Capcom 2, that that 'eye ball creature' is Shuma Gorath. Im excited to get these for free as they are going to be priced at $5 each.... eeesh.

Not exactly just announced. They were officially announced way back a good 4 or 5 months ago for DLC that you can get for free with the special edition of the game. There have been leaks of them in gameplay for the past month or 2 but recently released was the first official gameplay from capcom. So far they are the only confirmed DLC characters for the game. From what the leaked twitter account said, there are 2 more characters that capcom is doing within the next year (besides costumes and stages). There was some kind of unofficial image of MvC3 programmed code that had Frank West and Doc Ock in with names of all the already included characters.

Also the I figured you wouldve known since hes a returning character from Marvel Super Heroes/vs Street Fighter/ Marvel vs Capcom 2, that that 'eye ball creature' is Shuma Gorath. Im excited to get these for free as they are going to be priced at $5 each.... eeesh.

Frank West was intended to be in the game as a non-DLC along with Shuma Gorath. However, since West's moveset lags online play - the zombie assists - he was pull out; he was intended to be the pilot in one of the mvc3 trailers

Frank West was intended to be in the game as a non-DLC along with Shuma Gorath. However, since West's moveset lags online play - the zombie assists - he was pull out; he was intended to be the pilot in one of the mvc3 trailers

yep, and he was 80% complete, no way they will just let him sit and not be utilized (especially since hes one of the highly demanded characters) I personally prefer Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2, although he hasnt covered wars...... ya'know.

Also fun note: His silhouette was used in the very first trailer when they hadn't revealed many of the characters yet.

yep, and he was 80% complete, no way they will just let him sit and not be utilized (especially since hes one of the highly demanded characters) I personally prefer Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2, although he hasnt covered wars...... ya'know.

Also fun note: His silhouette was used in the very first trailer when they hadn't revealed many of the characters yet.

Chuck Green is also said to be a skin for Frank West - when someone hacked the capcom of japan mvc3 list, Chuck's name was in the html files.

Chuck Green is also said to be a skin for Frank West - when someone hacked the capcom of japan mvc3 list, Chuck's name was in the html files.

I dont see them doing him as an alt color but definitely see him as a downloadable costume like the first pack that was recently released. That would def be cool to have chuck greene in there as well, especially since they both essentially share the same moves, aside from chucks awesome arsenal of duct taped combo weapons.

I dont see them doing him as an alt color but definitely see him as a downloadable costume like the first pack that was recently released. That would def be cool to have chuck greene in there as well, especially since they both essentially share the same moves, aside from chucks awesome arsenal of duct taped combo weapons.

He was intended to be a new skin like how it was rumored that there is a new dlc skin of some char for Captain America

Cant wait for next tues, new character DLC come out for Marvel vs Capcom 3... gonna be sweet and free. Also decided to start up fallout 3... really enjoying it but good god its long. Its almost overbearing how vast it is. I just spent tonight in a building full of super mutants that seems to never end. I keep going downstairs. I even had a thought, once im done with this buidling area, I ll go to bed... and it kept going.. so much so that i had to end it early haha. Definitely feels like an FPS MMO minus the mass multiplayer part.

Cant wait for next tues, new character DLC come out for Marvel vs Capcom 3... gonna be sweet and free. Also decided to start up fallout 3... really enjoying it but good god its long. Its almost overbearing how vast it is. I just spent tonight in a building full of super mutants that seems to never end. I keep going downstairs. I even had a thought, once im done with this buidling area, I ll go to bed... and it kept going.. so much so that i had to end it early haha. Definitely feels like an FPS MMO minus the mass multiplayer part.

Agreed, it ended being too big for me to finish all the little sad stuff. it was so vast. I hear it's better for the pc, with mods you can make the game go on forever. That's the major downfall to consoles imo.

Agreed, it ended being too big for me to finish all the little sad stuff. it was so vast. I hear it's better for the pc, with mods you can make the game go on forever. That's the major downfall to consoles imo.

I'd say Fallout is an exception, but it seems like publishers who make games for 360, PS3, and PC are moving away from the PC due to piracy. There's just more money to be made in the console market.

I'd say Fallout is an exception, but it seems like publishers who make games for 360, PS3, and PC are moving away from the PC due to piracy. There's just more money to be made in the console market.

whats funny is games like dragon age 1, are farrrrrrrrrr superior on the PC than on the consoles. Its kind of weird but it runs and plays and looks extremely better.

Most PC titles are far less expensive than console versions mostly because most of the market is in consoles. Consoles are sort of looked at as for casual gamers, where the hardest of the hardcore go strictly PC gaming. PC gaming IMO is more intricate and its also easier to mod and hack games, but at the same time customize to your every whim. I think PC gaming is too technical for most people hence why consoles are stated as casual. Most people use their PCs for everything but gaming and leave the gaming to the consoles.

I actually havent used my PC for gaming in quite a long time... that ll change once Diablo 3 hits though. :D

If it ever hits ... for **** sake that game has been taking for ever its insane how the guys making it are still getting paid if you ask me lol I am at the point now where I honestly don't even believe it will ever come out ...

Plus TV's has gotten so big and badass... Why would you want to play on a monitor?...

Well TVs and Monitors are pretty much the same nowadays in the sense that they can both be used. Ive known people use TVs for the PC monitor and vice versa. Most TVs these days have the same inputs as monitors do with all the HD components. Basically TVs are now catching up to what monitors have been doing for years.

Plus TV's has gotten so big and badass... Why would you want to play on a monitor?...

Well TVs and Monitors are pretty much the same nowadays in the sense that they can both be used. Ive known people use TVs for the PC monitor and vice versa. Most TVs these days have the same inputs as monitors do with all the HD components. Basically TVs are now catching up to what monitors have been doing for years.

Yeah... Thats why people like me rather play on a 55 inch HD TV... Even if the game is not the superior version...

rented Medal of Honor(2010) since Marvel vs capcom wasn't in again

you are certainly getting the short end of the stick there sir. I ve only heard horrible things about the newest MOH and I can vouch that MvC3 is amazing...(as long as you like fighting games)

Also to note, the new DLC characters for MvC3, are pretty good. Jill takes alot of getting used to and figuring her out, and Shuma Gorath is as awesome as he always was, now with a new super to go along with all of his original moves. He also looks pretty entertaining in motion.

I just recently found out about this, and it's already coming out next month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbJUQsakPYE

This is a must have for me. Looks just like an updated version of old school Mortal Kombat. I played the hell out of Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3 back in the day...and spent a ton of money in the arcades on behalf of those games.

I just recently found out about this, and it's already coming out next month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbJUQsakPYE

This is a must have for me. Looks just like an updated version of old school Mortal Kombat. I played the hell out of Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3 back in the day...and spent a ton of money in the arcades on behalf of those games.

The demo just came out on PS3 for regular users and last week for PS Plus users. I really love the demo, I was kind of feeling a bit cheated after thinking back at the previous versions. MK v DC suuuuuucked, as well as MK armageddon and even deception and deadly alliance were kind of bad... mk 4 was meh as well. This game plays alot like mk2 in the sense of its combat system. No more auto and button mashing combos. Its all about juggles and utilizing your special moves. The new Xray move is pretty awesome and is essentially the super move equivalent for MK. They also borrow the idea of 'EX'ing your specials like in street fighter/darkstalker series'. (meaning you can beef up and sometimes even change the qualities of your special moves. i.e. sub zeros ice ball + EX = ICE BEAM, etc.) So far the majority of cast and stages are all taken from mk2 and mk3, the prime of the series. Also the god of war himself, Kratos, will be playable for the PS3 version(no xbox exclusive character has been announced and looks like there wont be one) I am pumped for the this as well if you cant tell. If you have a ps3, hit up the demo, its pretty damn awesome.

rented Medal of Honor(2010) since Marvel vs capcom wasn't in again

you are certainly getting the short end of the stick there sir. I ve only heard horrible things about the newest MOH and I can vouch that MvC3 is amazing...(as long as you like fighting games)

Also to note, the new DLC characters for MvC3, are pretty good. Jill takes alot of getting used to and figuring her out, and Shuma Gorath is as awesome as he always was, now with a new super to go along with all of his original moves. He also looks pretty entertaining in motion.

yeah I beat the first part in a matter of minutes the enemies go down way to easily. the graphics are pretty good but I could care less about graphics I really wish they would have made the game about the Vietnam or Korean War instead of the middle east I really don't like games set during modern warfare times except call of Duty's modern warfare series I prefer my games set in the cold war or World war 2