Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

does dragon age 2 have good multiplayer ?

nope, it's a single player rpg. lol i just facebooked you because I knew you had deadspace 2. Dragon Age one is possibly my favorite game of all time (Chrono trigger probably wins out between the two.) So if your into fantasy stuff i'd recomend it. The sequel makes me a little nervous but i loved the first one so much i pre-ordered this next one and am hoping to dig up an armor code so I can feel like i have the complete package.

Dead Space looks cool and maybe eventually i'll grab the first one and start from there, but no time soon, between WOW and DA II what little game time i have will be eaten up. I still intend to play some multiplayer with you and Juan sometime. I just never seem to be on when you guys are. My work Scheduale has sucked. This work i'm working 52 hours and have 2 classes to juggle :(

Chrono Trigger and Final Fanatasy III are the best RPG of all time...

Man Ive put a crap ton of time into MvC3.... that game is just too damn good. If anyone has it and is up for some matches, hit me up, my gamertag is obviously in my sig. Also decided to open up the Bionic Commando remake and give it a whirl. Its not as bad as people like to think it is, but its starting to feel monotonous even in these early levels. It also doesnt feel like the level ever ends. Whats great is I have BC:Rearmed and when you beat that game it gives you a code to enter so you can make the main dude look like the original guy. No more dread head!

Edit: and now the gamercard server site is dead... XBL: Evil Hayato

played Killzone 3 for a few hours it's simply amazing the controls are very nice and easy to figure out especially for me who hasn't played PS3 in awhile, nice difficulty and some sweet ass guns. I kept laughing at Stahl insulting Orlock with every sentence hopefully I'll be able to beat it tommorow I'm on the helghan jungle level and it's giving me a bit of trouble

best game of 2011 so far Killzone 3 absolutely incredible hell I even sat through the credits without eyes drifting away from the screen. Battlefield 3 looks like it could beat it though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3WU9vvDrBg

Been trying out some of my backlog titles. Ive been wanting to find a good action adventure game that makes me feel like im progressing. I love the hell out of MvC3 but its just like with a sports title, you keep playing the same thing, with no real progression. Its still super fun and Ive already put in a crap ton of hours into it. I just like to switch off alittle. I tried to get into Bionic Commando, but it just felt kind of meh. Sweet graphics for a good 3 year old title, but the lackluster gunplay and the never ending feel of the levels bored the crap out of me.

I decided Id start up the new Castlevania Lords of Shadow, which is a pretty fun game, but so far Ive noticed they give you very little places to get life, and it saves the status of your life bar. Basically I mean when your life bar is low and it saves, when you start back up you have just as little as you had before, even after you finish a level! Im having some hard and annoying times because they throw all kinds of crap at you and with little life areas, you are stuck with barely getting by if at all. Its definitely a good title, but again I seem to feel unfulfilled. Ive never had that before, where just about every game is boring me. (with exceptions to Super Street Fighter 4 and MvC3 which dont bore me) Maybe Im just in a mood, I dont know.

does dragon age 2 have good multiplayer ?

nope, it's a single player rpg. lol i just facebooked you because I knew you had deadspace 2. Dragon Age one is possibly my favorite game of all time (Chrono trigger probably wins out between the two.) So if your into fantasy stuff i'd recomend it. The sequel makes me a little nervous but i loved the first one so much i pre-ordered this next one and am hoping to dig up an armor code so I can feel like i have the complete package.

Dead Space looks cool and maybe eventually i'll grab the first one and start from there, but no time soon, between WOW and DA II what little game time i have will be eaten up. I still intend to play some multiplayer with you and Juan sometime. I just never seem to be on when you guys are. My work Scheduale has sucked. This work i'm working 52 hours and have 2 classes to juggle :(

Chrono Trigger and Final Fanatasy III are the best RPG of all time...

those were my tops, in till I romanced Lelliana and Morrigan. Those chars, and getting buddy buddy with Allistair made me feel like i was really in the game. Hawke might change things for me, because with a voice, and a name it may override my personality a little more. It already seems nonsensical to distrust mages, when my sister is one, at least Morrigan could grow on my templar friendly char.

Rev you changed your name back :D I had to do a double take lol & wonder if I have been talking to the wrong person all this time :S

Yeap, I changed back, even though that was the old name, most know me as Rev now.

Bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a bit over a week ago and finished up all the single player trophies last night. A really fun game and definitely improved on AC: 2 - except that it was much shorter.

Started the multiplayer last night and it's a lot of fun. Just wish I didn't need all of the trophies to get a platinum.

Been trying out some of my backlog titles. Ive been wanting to find a good action adventure game that makes me feel like im progressing. I love the hell out of MvC3 but its just like with a sports title, you keep playing the same thing, with no real progression. Its still super fun and Ive already put in a crap ton of hours into it. I just like to switch off alittle. I tried to get into Bionic Commando, but it just felt kind of meh. Sweet graphics for a good 3 year old title, but the lackluster gunplay and the never ending feel of the levels bored the crap out of me.

I decided Id start up the new Castlevania Lords of Shadow, which is a pretty fun game, but so far Ive noticed they give you very little places to get life, and it saves the status of your life bar. Basically I mean when your life bar is low and it saves, when you start back up you have just as little as you had before, even after you finish a level! Im having some hard and annoying times because they throw all kinds of crap at you and with little life areas, you are stuck with barely getting by if at all. Its definitely a good title, but again I seem to feel unfulfilled. Ive never had that before, where just about every game is boring me. (with exceptions to Super Street Fighter 4 and MvC3 which dont bore me) Maybe Im just in a mood, I dont know.

Get a Wii and play some Monster Hunter... LOL

I logged in more than 200 hours and thats only playing on the weekend...

Haha I have a Wii, I just dont use it nearly as much as my 360, atlhough it gets more attention than my ps3. I still need to open up mario galaxy 2 and other m. I just try to stay on one game at a time, however as of late I have been opening one and then hating it and then opening another and having the same issues. The new Castlevania game isnt horrible, its just hard as @#$@ even on the earlier levels and thats annoying when im playing on normal and it has 2 higher difficulties. It should be leisurely and fun, not frustrating and annoying.

Bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood a bit over a week ago and finished up all the single player trophies last night. A really fun game and definitely improved on AC: 2 - except that it was much shorter.

Started the multiplayer last night and it's a lot of fun. Just wish I didn't need all of the trophies to get a platinum.

whats platinum. ?.. Some kind of weird psp thing ?

Platinum = 1000 a game on 360

The PS3 goes by trophies ranging from bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Each represent a certain difficulty of achievement. Like bronze would be like a 5 or 10 gamerscore whereas silver could be a 30-50 and gold 60- 100 essentially.

Trophies are a way for Sony to compete with Microsoft in acquiring bragging rights over games.

A platinum trophy is given when all other trophies (achievements) are acquired. In other words I'm an anal completest and like to complete all trophies on games, but some games don't make you get the multi-player trophies.

But, to be honest, sometimes I don't understand the ranking system on some of the trophies on PS3 games. Beating a random game on any difficult is a silver, but hunting down 100 random hidden objects is a bronze? Bwha?

A platinum trophy is given when all other trophies (achievements) are acquired. In other words I'm an anal completest and like to complete all trophies on games, but some games don't make you get the multi-player trophies.

But, to be honest, sometimes I don't understand the ranking system on some of the trophies on PS3 games. Beating a random game on any difficult is a silver, but hunting down 100 random hidden objects is a bronze? Bwha?

hm I don't think xbox does anything like that they just have the achievements. Though some are worth more points than others ... I my self don't really careabout that I just like getting them :D I only need two more for my multiplayer on BH my self lol!

hm I don't think xbox does anything like that they just have the achievements. Though some are worth more points than others ... I my self don't really careabout that I just like getting them :D I only need two more for my multiplayer on BH my self lol!

Well almost 24 hours into AC: BH multiplayer and I've picked up most of the trophies. I just need the Abstergo Employee of the Month (all bonuses at least once), Strong Closer (take the lead 10 seconds before end), the one needing all co-op bonuses in one session of manhunt, and, of course, reaching lvl 50. And apparently the new DLC will be coming out soon. I have new trophies popping up for the Da Vinci Disappearance.

Still playin some MVC3.... The costume DLC is pretty sweet.

I'm glad to see Megaman X is a highly requested character. Venom is highly requested on the Marvel side. I just hope they can put in the Eddie Brock Venom and not that lame new Flash Thompson crap.

It really sucks that Megaman EXE and Bass EXE are even on the poll. The Battle Network Series was a cheap pokemon knockoff and those characters stink. They should save those characters for Nintendo Vs. Capcom along with Phoenix Wright.

I'm glad to see Megaman X is a highly requested character. Venom is highly requested on the Marvel side. I just hope they can put in the Eddie Brock Venom and not that lame new Flash Thompson crap.

It really sucks that Megaman EXE and Bass EXE are even on the poll. The Battle Network Series was a cheap pokemon knockoff and those characters stink. They should save those characters for Nintendo Vs. Capcom along with Phoenix Wright.

Haha glad you are liking it as well. Ive been playing the living crap out of it, so much so that I have stopped for a bit and started playing some Super IV again. Im guessing you went on Capcom Unitys Character Poll? Ive never heard of the Flash Thompson Venom but I have with the Mac Gargan one, which isnt horrible, but Im primarily a fan of the original Brock one. I hope to god they bring in some Venom goodness, hell id even settle for Carnage(which is also another top 20 character people want.

Im pretty much annoyed with people that keep requesting the .EXE characters. That series was awful and is even stupid to call it megaman. Plus it was like megaman for toddlers, prolly why they loved their pokemon so much. Im also annoyed that Phoenix Wright is so damn demanded. Hes not a cool character, hes not a good character as a fighter and they just want him in as a damn joke. He would take up a slot that otherwise would be used for a GOOD fighter. I definitely wont pay $5 for him. Alot of people also want Gambit which is awesome but doubtful he ll return.

Did you buy the new costume pack? It looks cool but most of the characters I use of the group I dont like their outfits and the ones I dont use, I like. Alot of people on this fighting game forum I go to are bitching about how the costume pack doesnt have multiple colors per costume ala Street Fighter IV which is pretty stupid considering that Marvel has most of the say in the matter and the costumes are pretty damn specific and would look odd if they were altered in color. They also state a concern as to if you are playing with another player that owns the pack and is using the same costume, would it be whoever gets it first? or would it be shown on each's screen as if they have it on and the other a default.

Haha I have a Wii, I just dont use it nearly as much as my 360, atlhough it gets more attention than my ps3. I still need to open up mario galaxy 2 and other m. I just try to stay on one game at a time, however as of late I have been opening one and then hating it and then opening another and having the same issues. The new Castlevania game isnt horrible, its just hard as @#$@ even on the earlier levels and thats annoying when im playing on normal and it has 2 higher difficulties. It should be leisurely and fun, not frustrating and annoying.

LOL... My Mario Galaxy 2 is still in wrapper as well...

FYI... You should play Monster Hunter Tri if you planning on playing it... We dont know how long Capcom is keeping the servers up and a lot of the gear and some monsters are only online...

Haha glad you are liking it as well. Ive been playing the living crap out of it, so much so that I have stopped for a bit and started playing some Super IV again. Im guessing you went on Capcom Unitys Character Poll? Ive never heard of the Flash Thompson Venom but I have with the Mac Gargan one, which isnt horrible, but Im primarily a fan of the original Brock one. I hope to god they bring in some Venom goodness, hell id even settle for Carnage(which is also another top 20 character people want.

Im pretty much annoyed with people that keep requesting the .EXE characters. That series was awful and is even stupid to call it megaman. Plus it was like megaman for toddlers, prolly why they loved their pokemon so much. Im also annoyed that Phoenix Wright is so damn demanded. Hes not a cool character, hes not a good character as a fighter and they just want him in as a damn joke. He would take up a slot that otherwise would be used for a GOOD fighter. I definitely wont pay $5 for him. Alot of people also want Gambit which is awesome but doubtful he ll return.

Did you buy the new costume pack? It looks cool but most of the characters I use of the group I dont like their outfits and the ones I dont use, I like. Alot of people on this fighting game forum I go to are bitching about how the costume pack doesnt have multiple colors per costume ala Street Fighter IV which is pretty stupid considering that Marvel has most of the say in the matter and the costumes are pretty damn specific and would look odd if they were altered in color. They also state a concern as to if you are playing with another player that owns the pack and is using the same costume, would it be whoever gets it first? or would it be shown on each's screen as if they have it on and the other a default.

Yeah I bought the costume pack yesterday. I didn't really care about alternate colors per costume so it wasn't a dealbreaker for me. Although I would have preferred to have the Bleeding edge armor for Iron Man and The DMC 1 outfit for Dante.

I like monster hunter alright but not that much. I would actually think more about it if it was on a better network like xbox live where I can fully chat with my friends and such. Ive played the psp titles and something about the games I just dont like that much. Its a cool concept but its hard to get better at it. I found the psp titles to be especially hard, even with 2 other friends playing.

Yeah I bought the costume pack yesterday. I didn't really care about alternate colors per costume so it wasn't a dealbreaker for me. Although I would have preferred to have the Bleeding edge armor for Iron Man and The DMC 1 outfit for Dante.

Yeah Id rather have a DMC1 Dante and the modular armor (the armor used in all the past capcom marvel games) for Ironman. I was also hoping for an evil Ryu costume and hell they couldve done a beta ray bill for Thor. So many better possibilities that they didnt do.

I like monster hunter alright but not that much. I would actually think more about it if it was on a better network like xbox live where I can fully chat with my friends and such. Ive played the psp titles and something about the games I just dont like that much. Its a cool concept but its hard to get better at it. I found the psp titles to be especially hard, even with 2 other friends playing.

Yeah Id rather have a DMC1 Dante and the modular armor (the armor used in all the past capcom marvel games) for Ironman. I was also hoping for an evil Ryu costume and hell they couldve done a beta ray bill for Thor. So many better possibilities that they didnt do.

I know what you mean... I was a noob to MH before Tri... Its a tough game...

The online communication is a bit lacking for the Wii but sometimes that is a blessing... I use a keyboard and that is good enough for me...