Doom Saber

Video Game Thread.

Thanks for the input guys... I am probably going to pick it up while I wait for Super Street Fighter 4 to comes out...

tatsunoko vs capcom on the wii and revisiting crackdown to complete all of the achievements and to get me pumped for its sequel!

Is that game any good?... The only one I recognize from the anime side is Tekkaman Blade...

I can easily give you a resounding HELL YES! ... Its definitely the best fighter on the Wii for certain and could easily give other console fighters a run for their money. When I first found out about the game, I had only had heard of a few of the characters on the Tatsunoko side and kind of researched, watched some of their shows/movies and got familiar with them. And interestingly enough, the I find myself having alot more fun with the Tatsunoko characters than most of the capcom characters. Aside from Tekkaman Blade, you will probably only be familiar with the Battle for the Planets characters: Joe the condor, Ken the eagle and June the swan and possibly the character Casshern.

If you are a fighting game fan, a capcom fanatic, or like me all of the above, you will definitely love this game. Another thing thats really great about it, is there are about 5 different ways to play the game. With a wii-mote, a wii-mote+nunchuk combo, a wii classic controller, a gamecube controller, and a fight stick.

To sum up... its AWESOME.

The tatsunoko chars are definately more fun to play. My favorites are Gen-san from Yatterman and Jun the Swan. Have you played the japanese original version?

Yes I have, to sum up its just as fun but with less characters and non english menu titles.

tatsunoko vs capcom on the wii and revisiting crackdown to complete all of the achievements and to get me pumped for its sequel!

Is that game any good?... The only one I recognize from the anime side is Tekkaman Blade...

I know the question is for EvilHayato, but it doesn't hurt to have another opinion..

Imo, it is pretty good. It is like the sequel to MVC2 since it is so similar. The anime characters aren't bad and should not be the deal breaker in not playing the game since the gameplay really matters; it is like how most gamers did not know the non x-men the lesser known chars in MVC 1-2.

As for the game being a sequel to marvel vs capcom 2, it has the same feel to it unlike MVC2 is to CvS or Capcom Fighting evolution

It is also better than the previous japanese only version of TVC,despite having anime cutscenes, and *gasp* SF4

haha Because you are my friend and a fighting fan I'll let it slide this time :D

I would definitely not compare it all to the tripe that was Capcom Fighting Evolution.. I cant believe I said a capcom fighting game was tripe, but it really was that... a cookie cutter piece of $#!t.... but anyways onto your other statement. I would definitely not compare it to SF4 either... to me at least. IMO SF4 is a different monster albeit a capcom fighting game. SF4 is alot less splashy and frantic and has alot deeper mechanic, HOWEVER, TvC as well as all other VS games can be deep but overall its based more on the intense action and extreme super combos and team up moves. Both are awesome and both are must haves for fighting game fans.

CFE is indeed crap. I only mention that game since it is a vs game despite having a completely different gameplay than MVC2 and TVC. The only thing I don't like about SF4 is the art and the ability to block or counter with a move automatically, depending on what the other guy does (a term I can't remember at the moment)

It is said that if this title does well in the US and Japan, Capcom will make a sequel. By then, Capcom could probably work on getting the license for Speed Racer and Robotech (they cannot get the Macross license probably cause of Harmony Gold) and work out the s.moves for Phoenix Wright

I can't believe that he almost made it into the game but was axed because the developers did not know how to go on about w/ his objection move. The problem they were facin' was that objection in JP is four characters whereas in english, it is nine letters; Phoenix was goin to shout the letters/characters out as a chain combo; each char/letter equal to one damage. You can see why it would be a problem when translating the game from Japanese to English

There are even concept images of Phoenix made for Tatsunoko vs Capcom

and yeah I figured you knew that CFE was poo I just didnt know where you were going with it. I never really thought of it as a VS game but I see now where you were going with it.

I actually think that the Focus Attack in SF4 is actually pretty intuitive in how it functions. For one it takes a while to charge up, so timing is key, but it also allows for only one attack to be countered and adds a certain amount of life back to your bar on the first intial hit as long as you dont get a second hit within its recharge time. But if you fail and the opponent attacks multiple times or has a guard breaking move, it breaks the block and does a great deal of damage. So its not exactly an exploitable move. I wasn't sure how I felt about the FA move at first either, but really I use it only here and there and its not a necessity move or a move that could easily eff you up.

And I did hear about Phoenix Wright originally being thought up to be released on TvC. And yeah they said the whole deal was they couldnt come up with good enough moves and the ones they did wouldn't work right between continents like you said. Im not exactly sure how well TvC sold here in the US.. I would think it sold extremely well considering its really the first official VS game in about 8 years. Plus after going to SDCC last year, I saw that there is an even greater following for capcoms fighting games then I ever imagined.. Plus look how well MvC2's re-release for XBLA and PSN did. It was in the top 10 best downloadable titles and made a crap ton of money. That damn well better mean that Capcom goes after marvel to snatch that license up and bring out MvC3. They have far too many new IPs NOT to make another with fresh new faces. Unfortunately that means with their new style they wont have awesomely drawn 2D sprites. On the bright side I LOVE TvC so if thats any inkling of what to expect, count me in for some 3D with 2D background MvC3!

I know the question is for EvilHayato, but it doesn't hurt to have another opinion..

Imo, it is pretty good. It is like the sequel to MVC2 since it is so similar. The anime characters aren't bad and should not be the deal breaker in not playing the game since the gameplay really matters; it is like how most gamers did not know the non x-men the lesser known chars in MVC 1-2.

As for the game being a sequel to marvel vs capcom 2, it has the same feel to it unlike MVC2 is to CvS or Capcom Fighting evolution

It is also better than the previous japanese only version of TVC,despite having anime cutscenes, and *gasp* SF4

haha Because you are my friend and a fighting fan I'll let it slide this time :D

I would definitely not compare it all to the tripe that was Capcom Fighting Evolution.. I cant believe I said a capcom fighting game was tripe, but it really was that... a cookie cutter piece of $#!t.... but anyways onto your other statement. I would definitely not compare it to SF4 either... to me at least. IMO SF4 is a different monster albeit a capcom fighting game. SF4 is alot less splashy and frantic and has alot deeper mechanic, HOWEVER, TvC as well as all other VS games can be deep but overall its based more on the intense action and extreme super combos and team up moves. Both are awesome and both are must haves for fighting game fans.

CFE is indeed crap. I only mention that game since it is a vs game despite having a completely different gameplay than MVC2 and TVC. The only thing I don't like about SF4 is the art and the ability to block or counter with a move automatically, depending on what the other guy does (a term I can't remember at the moment)

It is said that if this title does well in the US and Japan, Capcom will make a sequel. By then, Capcom could probably work on getting the license for Speed Racer and Robotech (they cannot get the Macross license probably cause of Harmony Gold) and work out the s.moves for Phoenix Wright

I can't believe that he almost made it into the game but was axed because the developers did not know how to go on about w/ his objection move. The problem they were facin' was that objection in JP is four characters whereas in english, it is nine letters; Phoenix was goin to shout the letters/characters out as a chain combo; each char/letter equal to one damage. You can see why it would be a problem when translating the game from Japanese to English

There are even concept images of Phoenix made for Tatsunoko vs Capcom

and yeah I figured you knew that CFE was poo I just didnt know where you were going with it. I never really thought of it as a VS game but I see now where you were going with it.

I actually think that the Focus Attack in SF4 is actually pretty intuitive in how it functions. For one it takes a while to charge up, so timing is key, but it also allows for only one attack to be countered and adds a certain amount of life back to your bar on the first intial hit as long as you dont get a second hit within its recharge time. But if you fail and the opponent attacks multiple times or has a guard breaking move, it breaks the block and does a great deal of damage. So its not exactly an exploitable move. I wasn't sure how I felt about the FA move at first either, but really I use it only here and there and its not a necessity move or a move that could easily eff you up.

And I did hear about Phoenix Wright originally being thought up to be released on TvC. And yeah they said the whole deal was they couldnt come up with good enough moves and the ones they did wouldn't work right between continents like you said. Im not exactly sure how well TvC sold here in the US.. I would think it sold extremely well considering its really the first official VS game in about 8 years. Plus after going to SDCC last year, I saw that there is an even greater following for capcoms fighting games then I ever imagined.. Plus look how well MvC2's re-release for XBLA and PSN did. It was in the top 10 best downloadable titles and made a crap ton of money. That damn well better mean that Capcom goes after marvel to snatch that license up and bring out MvC3. They have far too many new IPs NOT to make another with fresh new faces. Unfortunately that means with their new style they wont have awesomely drawn 2D sprites. On the bright side I LOVE TvC so if thats any inkling of what to expect, count me in for some 3D with 2D background MvC3!

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't talking about Focus attacks, but option select, which is an exploit move. Here is a video I found on ebay tgat talks more about option select:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzpKOD1v1I

Did anyone see screen shots of SF4 on the iPod Touch?... It actually looks pretty good...

Did anyone see screen shots of SF4 on the iPod Touch?... It actually looks pretty good...

l have. lf l am not mistaken, there are v8 or 10 chars

Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't talking about Focus attacks, but option select, which is an exploit move. Here is a video I found on ebay tgat talks more about option select:

Hmmm thats interesting and definitely the first I've heard of these type of exploits. I wouldn't consider the game broken over these though. There were alot of exploits in the beginning with Zangief in particular. You could Lariat through anyone and anything. Im not sure if they fixed that or not. And there arent any infinite combos (that im aware of). Those can break the fun of playing ppl online.

And yeah I saw a video and some screenshots of SF4 on iphone. They look pretty decent for an iphone game and there are 8 characters in all. The roster is Ryu, Ken, Guile, Blanka, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, M. Bison and Abel.

Hmmm thats interesting and definitely the first I've heard of these type of exploits. I wouldn't consider the game broken over these though. There were alot of exploits in the beginning with Zangief in particular. You could Lariat through anyone and anything. Im not sure if they fixed that or not. And there arent any infinite combos (that im aware of). Those can break the fun of playing ppl online.

And yeah I saw a video and some screenshots of SF4 on iphone. They look pretty decent for an iphone game and there are 8 characters in all. The roster is Ryu, Ken, Guile, Blanka, Chun-Li, Dhalsim, M. Bison and Abel.

I guess it depends on who you play since the advance players exploit the heck out of these. The OPtion select is an exploit used for all characters. I heard there is an infinite exploit using the option select with Ryu's Dragon Punch. However, since Option select is not known to the more casual players, it might not be considered "broken" yet but it is gettin' there; that is why most ppl moved on from SF4 to TVC

As for any infinite combos, Chunli had such a move in the original ver of TVC

However, Capcom went around this in the US ver of TVC by having Chun-li's mutliple kick move push the character away when it hits; it is still possible to loop the combo, but with every loop, the opponent gets pushed awayy more or so I have heard.

Here isd a jun/chun-li infinite though I doubt this is the one I have heard of

I checked youtube and there appears to be infinite combo for chuynli that works on a few characters in sf4

Chun-li:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJaVgkLyPIc

There is an abel one but one of the post says that they fixed it.

LOL at the chunners infinite thats pretty funny and interesting. Id like to see the video in a match though instead of in training. I remember when SF4 first came out that Abel was way more exploitable and more powerful than he is now so i wouldnt doubt that he has/had an infinite. I didn't know of the infinites in TvC either, but i dont even play that game really online so that doesnt really matter to me. Id like to be able to talk to people when i play against them and online with the wii doesnt really allow that. As for SF4 I like playing that online when I first got it, but now I just play against friends. Theres alot of trash talking tool bags that play that nowadays and its really a rarity to find anyone that is respectable and just want to have fun. They just like talking crap and heightening ther "rep". I'm no casual when it comes to SF4 but I definitely don't come across alot of exploits at all due to my lack of alot of online play with strangers.

LOL at the chunners infinite thats pretty funny and interesting. Id like to see the video in a match though instead of in training. I remember when SF4 first came out that Abel was way more exploitable and more powerful than he is now so i wouldnt doubt that he has/had an infinite. I didn't know of the infinites in TvC either, but i dont even play that game really online so that doesnt really matter to me. Id like to be able to talk to people when i play against them and online with the wii doesnt really allow that. As for SF4 I like playing that online when I first got it, but now I just play against friends. Theres alot of trash talking tool bags that play that nowadays and its really a rarity to find anyone that is respectable and just want to have fun. They just like talking crap and heightening ther "rep". I'm no casual when it comes to SF4 but I definitely don't come across alot of exploits at all due to my lack of alot of online play with strangers.

Most of the time by little douchebag kids... I stopped playing random online cause they annoyed the hell out of me... If they going to be talking all that crap... Dont be crying like a little #@$#@ when they lose... I agree... Playing with friends is the best way to go... I saw a new mode on SSF4 that allows you to take turns with a group of buddies kind of like the old days at the arcades...

I have been beating Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 to death

Its awesome

Love the Marvel Utlimate Alliance games for Xbox360

wish they would spilt and make an X-men Legends for 360

so the MUA game would have more heroes I like

Cosmic Characters would be a plus

Started Fable 2 I like it don't love it but I like it

Just finished Arkham Asylum and The Saboteur - both were really entertaining. I was a little bit let down with the ending of both though. Going back and playing Bioshock atm.

Most of the time by little douchebag kids... I stopped playing random online cause they annoyed the hell out of me... If they going to be talking all that crap... Dont be crying like a little #@$#@ when they lose... I agree... Playing with friends is the best way to go... I saw a new mode on SSF4 that allows you to take turns with a group of buddies kind of like the old days at the arcades...

Because of kids talkin and complainin on their microphone, I usually play matches on mute

I remember this one guy talkin #$## the whole time in this one fighter and he got pissed off when I said "My bad" after he was bitching on a combo I did on him. He called me a wanker. LOL

One of the things I hate when playin SF4 when it was first released was when people justifing Abel's exploit saying it is part of the game. Ironic because these very people would complain about Ken and ryu spammers. I remember people on gamefaqs also told me that I was in the wrong in turning off my machine and that I should have taken the lost while fighting a blanka who spammed the lightning attack. The match was not rated. If the match was rated, I would take the lost; I have taken spam defeats before when they were rated.

I was frustrated since I was using Balrog and he does not have any projetile moves that can overcome Blanka's shock; I was winning but the guy decided to spam blanka and since Barlog's charge punch can be 1:2 ratio in gettin a successful hit, I just got frustrated and turned it off.

What is the $&*in point of playing and taking a defeat in a non rated game that is not fun? It doesn't make me better if I let the guy beat me, imo. Sometimes, I do not understand the hyptocritical logic found in gamefaqs. I mean, I am sure most of the people there would do the same thing as me.

One of the things I hate when playin SF4 when it was first released was when people justifing Abel's exploit saying it is part of the game. Ironic because these very people would complain about Ken and ryu spammers. I remember people on gamefaqs also told me that I was in the wrong in turning off my machine and that I should have taken the lost while fighting a blanka who spammed the lightning attack. The match was not rated. If the match was rated, I would take the lost; I have taken spam defeats before when they were rated.

I was frustrated since I was using Balrog and he does not have any projetile moves that can overcome Blanka's shock; I was winning but the guy decided to spam blanka and since Barlog's charge punch can be 1:2 ratio in gettin a successful hit, I just got frustrated and turned it off.

What is the $&*in point of playing and taking a defeat in a non rated game that is not fun? It doesn't make me better if I let the guy beat me, imo. Sometimes, I do not understand the hyptocritical logic found in gamefaqs. I mean, I am sure most of the people there would do the same thing as me.

I would stay away from gamefaqs... The place where whiners gather...

What is the {:content:}amp;*in point of playing and taking a defeat in a non rated game that is not fun? It doesn't make me better if I let the guy beat me, imo. Sometimes, I do not understand the hyptocritical logic found in gamefaqs. I mean, I am sure most of the people there would do the same thing as me.

Definitely don't hang around Gamefaqs too much, I wouldnt take anything they say as a good idea. I would just play it how you would in everyday life. I really hate spammers and exploitists but its the roulette you take when playing online with random people you dont know. You could get a really awesome new fighting buddy or you could find a whiny annoying kid that spams and crys because his bah-bah is too cold. Its the unfortunate truth of playing online with people. BTW if any of you guys are on live, feel free to add me. I would more than love to play you guys in some fightin. and dont worry I wont spam you.... much... lol.. :)

I have been beating Mass Effect 2 for Xbox 360 to death

Its awesome

Love the Marvel Utlimate Alliance games for Xbox360

wish they would spilt and make an X-men Legends for 360

so the MUA game would have more heroes I like

Cosmic Characters would be a plus

Started Fable 2 I like it don't love it but I like it

I wouldnt count on another marvel alliance or legends game. I m pretty sure Activision has officially lost the Marvel license. Reason I say this is they released downloadable characters for MUA2 in november and since have dropped them from the online services... That would not normally make me question it, but the DLC for MUA1 is also dropped which makes me think that they had to cease any new profits from the games. I could also be wrong and if so then void anything ive said.

seems i'm out of my rut already... ty MWF2 :) there are so many games out there i want to play but don't have the cash for right now :(

Mass effect 2

Bioshock 2

Borderlands

Prototype

... just to name a few

mwf2 ? - what do you get when you prestige besides another slot to customize weapons and titles/emblems? I'm thinking its not worth it. I like my hard earned attachments and camo!

What is the {:content:}amp;*in point of playing and taking a defeat in a non rated game that is not fun? It doesn't make me better if I let the guy beat me, imo. Sometimes, I do not understand the hyptocritical logic found in gamefaqs. I mean, I am sure most of the people there would do the same thing as me.

Definitely don't hang around Gamefaqs too much, I wouldnt take anything they say as a good idea. I would just play it how you would in everyday life. I really hate spammers and exploitists but its the roulette you take when playing online with random people you dont know. You could get a really awesome new fighting buddy or you could find a whiny annoying kid that spams and crys because his bah-bah is too cold. Its the unfortunate truth of playing online with people. BTW if any of you guys are on live, feel free to add me. I would more than love to play you guys in some fightin. and dont worry I wont spam you.... much... lol.. :)

Definitely when SSF4 comes out... Spamming is fine with me... I dont really care about records and stuff... Who do you main?... My best is Cammny and that new chick looks interesting...

I have always been a fan of akuma, but I like to switch my characters since im a fan of all of them. For SF4 I tend to use Cammy, Akuma, Dan, Rose, and Sagat to name some of my more favorites I use. I also like to use Balrog, Sakura, Zangief and Chunners. Im not a big fan of the new cast however I dont mind Gouken.

I own a playstation iii so I can't play w/ you two

I actually play fighting games on the PS3... The Xbox is only good for everything else... I send you an invite when SSF4 comes out... Hopefully I can make some time for it...

I actually play fighting games on the PS3... The Xbox is only good for everything else... I send you an invite when SSF4 comes out... Hopefully I can make some time for it...

Cool. I thought you guys were talkin about SSF4 for the 360. My bad

Cool. I thought you guys were talkin about SSF4 for the 360. My bad

We were and we weren't. I was talking about SSF4 in general but also initiated to send me an invite via xbox live since its all I got aside from my wii. I would say to add me on my wii as well but it sucks to play online with it when you cant talk to the other person you are playing. I cant reallly justify buying a ps3 yet because it would get neglected or be too much more of a distraction than i already have. However I am very tempted to buy god of war 3 ultimate edition and then buy a ps3 like 2 months later after i have my $#!t together.

EvilHayato - Do you own the fighting stick?... I cant for the life of me play fighting games on the XBox controller...