Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I recently got SMB Wii (i know i'm slow) to play with my wife. We are loving it and i'm looking forward to playing it after i get off work this morning. I do hate that they have turned "toad" into a race and we get generic blue and yellow toads with no personality, the lack of online play would be unforgivable... if it wasn't mario!

I recently got SMB Wii (i know i'm slow) to play with my wife. We are loving it and i'm looking forward to playing it after i get off work this morning. I do hate that they have turned "toad" into a race and we get generic blue and yellow toads with no personality, the lack of online play would be unforgivable... if it wasn't mario!

I cant understand why Nintendo is so against online gaming...

On the side note... Isnt it great having a spouse/gf that plays games?...

n the side note... Isnt it great having a spouse/gf that plays games?...

I wish I could get my wife interested in video games...I've tried many times and she's just not into them.

My best friend's brother's wife plays Xbox games with us all the time. Pretty much any game we've played online like Gears of War, Rock Band, CODMW2, etc.

I don't want to admit it, but she's quite a bit better than me at COD too. She pretty consistently gets 15+ kills and less than 5 deaths. Last I checked, her kill to death ratio was around 1.5. I think mine is at .85 or something. @lol@

karen plays her DS and games like kingdom hearts and mario on the consoles

Castlevania Harmony of Despair... I just heard of this...

No Belmont, no sale for me. I know they're adding Julius in a DLC later, but that's not right. I'd rather pay $20 for a disc game that comes with everything already.

They announced a few things for the DLC.. one is the map is in an Egyptian pyramid, the other is they are releasing two more characters and one was specified as a Belmont but nothing further than that. I have the game and its fun, just dont expect to have fun alone. Also it kind of hurts when you only have 6 castles and all are speed runs with a time limit.

I didnt realize this until alittle later on but there is only 5 characters to choose from and 6 players to allow play, so basically there is always going to be a double character. Im pretty sure konami made this game as a cookie cutter game that they can give you a part of the pie and then charge for the rest. If it werent for my friends wanting me to get it to play with them, I probably wouldnt have bought it. Dont get me wrong, its fun and all, I just would rather have more bang for my buck (since it is the more expensive price tag of $15 instead of the once usual $10)

• 2 weeks later...

Scott Pilgrim VS The World. back to lurking

Reminds me of old classics like River City Ransom... Looks more enjoyable than the movie...

The game is SO GOOOD. I liked river city ransom back in the day. This is definitely a modern take on it. And the soundtrack (Anamanaguchi for those familiar) is awesome as well. The 360 version comes out this wednesday so definitely check it out. I hope they add online co op as i played it on a friends ps3 with only local co op available.

And of course, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 will be a day 1 purchase for me. Same with alot of the fighters that will be coming out in the next 2 years.

I just finished War for Cybertron. That game is definitely the best transformers game ever made. I enjoyed it alot, however the gameplay did get alittle monotonous at times. The love for the characters kept me going and the boss battles were pretty epic.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World. back to lurking

Reminds me of old classics like River City Ransom... Looks more enjoyable than the movie...

The game is SO GOOOD. I liked river city ransom back in the day. This is definitely a modern take on it. And the soundtrack (Anamanaguchi for those familiar) is awesome as well. The 360 version comes out this wednesday so definitely check it out. I hope they add online co op as i played it on a friends ps3 with only local co op available.

I think that was the only major knock on this game... No online co-op is just inexcusable nowadays...

I think that was the only major knock on this game... No online co-op is just inexcusable nowadays...

Yeah it would only make sense to add it to the 360 version since most xbox games are very multiplayer centric. Also its alittle odd that xbox has a month time exclusive to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light yet the online multiplayer co op part is missing UNTIL both PC and PS3 versions come out at the end of next month. That to me is VERY INEXCUSABLE. The game is top of the line, however I wont buy it until the co op part is released. Its fun but the game is made and from what i hear, more fun to play in co op.

if you do [ youtube ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8DoXaIxrE [ /youtube] around the link it will display the video on screen here ;) just move the [ ] brackets so they are right beside the words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8DoXaIxrE

okay let's try this[ youtube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFupigyIN8] /youtube]

if you do [ youtube ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8DoXaIxrE [ /youtube] around the link it will display the video on screen here ;) just move the [ ] brackets so they are right beside the words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H8DoXaIxrE

okay let's try this[ youtube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epFupigyIN8] /youtube]

#$##!

awww man Shank comes out tomorrow for 360!! hopefully it turns out good.. i played the demo for the new lara croft game and its incredibly fun, but man i think ill wait on it until next month when it gets full online co op.

Video review of Shank by IGN...

Shank is pretty fun but i can see it getting alittle monotinous with the little bit you can do. All the reviews i read said it was wicked short as well. The production value is amazing but if im going to spend $15 on an arcade game, it damn well better keep me occupied for a while.

I was debating on either getting shank or lara croft. I wanted to see which would be better and last longer. I played the demo for lara croft and loved the hell out of it, even with just being single player. I read reviews that the game takes about 10 hours to beat, alot of unlockables and challenges, and 5 more dlc packs, the first being free for 1 month. All that enticed me more than shanks 3 hour single campaign and 1 hour co op (local play ONLY) and multiple costumes to unlock. I was hard pressed earlier about buying it(LCatGoL) until they release the multiplayer patch, but it actually plays different playing it single and multi so i said eff it, more bang for my buck. I must say its pretty damn good.

hopefully someday shank will be part of the deal of the week and i can eventually snag it then, tho as it is really amazing as well.