Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

after hes done banging zelda at the end of snes ? @loll@

SNES Zelda and Link are rumored to be siblings..,

Link Awakening was originally set after the SNES title. However, because there is more than one chronoological timeline, some believe that LA is after Majora's Mask.

Hm I figured that the order of the story line was the order the games came out ... I never really thought of it ... In nes zelda 2 link & zelda bang at the end lol

Before talkig about spoiler stuff, it is said that the minish cap is the first game, the n64 titles the second, and nobody outside of Nintendo knows where the NES, SNES, and GB games fit into

So if you want to play in order of game timeline, play minish cap after you play the gamebody Zelda titles.

-------------Spoiler if you haven't played Oracle of Time------------------

At the end of Oracle of time, Link is sent to the past to live out his childhood. As a result of this, two separate timelines are created: Timeline Hyrule A, where the events of Oracle of Time takes place in, and Timeline B, where Oracle never happened because Link, who is now a child, told the elders about Ganon's plan.

Because Link went back to live out his youth, he disappeared in Hyrule A. After 100 years of Link's disappearance, the wind waker occurs. This Link is also in the Phantom Hourglass. A 100 years after that game, another Link sets out in Spirit Tracks.

In timeline B, Link from the first 64 game helps a village in Majora's Mask. After Majora's MAsk, it is said that Link then goes on to sea, which is where Link's Awakening might come in.

100 years after the events of Oracle of Time, a new Link fights Ganon in timeline B. Twilight Princess occurs the same time as Windwaker but at a different timeline.

------------------------Spoilers end------------------

The Zelda timeline is one of most confusing timelines ever created

I am confused just from reading that :S I'm not sure how much farther I will go with playing the zelda games with out a controller its just not as much fun :S Since I can't get my xbox controller to work I'm not going to go out & buy some other POS who knows if it will work either

Hm I figured that the order of the story line was the order the games came out ... I never really thought of it ... In nes zelda 2 link & zelda bang at the end lol

Before talkig about spoiler stuff, it is said that the minish cap is the first game, the n64 titles the second, and nobody outside of Nintendo knows where the NES, SNES, and GB games fit into

So if you want to play in order of game timeline, play minish cap after you play the gamebody Zelda titles.

At the end of Oracle of time, Link is sent to the past to live out his childhood. As a result of this, two separate timelines are created: Timeline Hyrule A, where the events of Oracle of Time takes place in, and Timeline B, where Oracle never happened because Link, who is now a child, told the elders about Ganon's plan.

Because Link went back to live out his youth, he disappeared in Hyrule A. After 100 years of Link's disappearance, the wind waker occurs. This Link is also in the Phantom Hourglass. A 100 years after that game, another Link sets out in Spirit Tracks.

In timeline B, Link from the first 64 game helps a village in Majora's Mask. After Majora's MAsk, it is said that Link then goes on to sea, which is where Link's Awakening might come in.

100 years after the events of Oracle of Time, a new Link fights Ganon in timeline B. Twilight Princess occurs the same time as Windwaker but at a different timeline.

I think you mean "Ocarina of Time", not "Oracle of Time."

Oh man one more week until Super Street Fighter IV comes out... I is so eh-cited! whooo whoo! anyone else plan on buying it?

Oh man one more week until Super Street Fighter IV comes out... I is so eh-cited! whooo whoo! anyone else plan on buying it?

I haven't been into SF since back in the Super Nintendo/Genesis days. Once Mortal Kombat came out, I pretty much lost all interest in it, and from there went onto games like Tekken and Soul Calibur. :(

Hey! #@$#@ ! We are talking about zelda here you can't go and change the topic like that!!!!!! @loll@ @smilepunch@ @loll@ Anyways I tease if you can not tell :P LOL That one is a pass for me ... I've never really been a fan of that type of fighting game... Pressing buttons a xobyz all in blank order to do this move ...

not really my idea of fun @loll@ Guess I am more of a shoot em up guy ! Press a & blow this guys brains out! :P

I think you mean "Ocarina of Time", not "Oracle of Time."

Yeah, I meant Ocarina and knew Oracle wasn't right. I didn't felt like checking google for the right title

Hell yeah... Which system?... I am getting it for the PS3...

Damn! well I preordered the dojo edition for the 360 but I just got a ps3. I dont have a mic for it and i havent really liked the online interaction with friends on there so far So I went with what is more familiar.

Hell yeah... Which system?... I am getting it for the PS3...

Damn! well I preordered the dojo edition for the 360 but I just got a ps3. I dont have a mic for it and i havent really liked the online interaction with friends on there so far So I went with what is more familiar.

I never got used to playing with the XBox controller... That sucks... I was looking forward to some matches... If you have a bluetooth headset for your phone you can use it...

I never liked the idea of the Legend of Zelda having continuity. I liked that each game was its own separate entity. Another reason why I really don't like Wind Waker.

The Legend of Zelda games had continuity back in the NES days. If I am not mistaken, the old chronological order was SNES Zelda, Link's awakening, Legend of Zelda, and Link's adventure; in the manual, it mentioned that Link in Link to the past is NES Link's great grand father. Link's awakening Zelda is the original Zelda and because she had a spell put on her, all the princesses in Hyrule were given the name "Zelda" to honor her memory. Ocarnia of Time screw up the timeline. Since there is a lot of zelda games with similar characters, I think people began to treat each of the Zelda games as their own separate entities despite being loosely connected. It is perfecly fine to treat the games as separate entity, but I don't think Wind Waker should take all the blame since continuity exist when the 2nd Zelda was developed.

I believe another problem to the whole chronological issue is Nintendo themselves. They only release little to no additional info of continuity in the game even though if you look closely in the game's dialogue, there are some but are very subtle. After Windwaker, Nintendo started to confirm which current Zelda games go there. For instance, Nintendo confirmed that Twilight Princess comes after Majora's Mask and occurs at the same time, but in a parallel universe to Wind Waker. There are subtle dialgoue that supports this theory in the game whereas Ganon, who has never tried to rule over Hyrule in this timeline, escapes from prison after being put there by young Link in Ocarnia. Ganon appears in a few of the Zelda games because of continuity

Here is a video that talks about the history in Zelda in great detail. The retrospective is fun to watch, but a lot of the info can be wrong since it is outdated and the palcement of the NES games are spectulation.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/zelda-retrospective-the-legend/15194

The placement of Twilight Princess is wrong in that vid. It was confirmed by the game developer that Twilight exist in the timeline with young Link reliving his life after Ocarina. Also, Legend of Zelda could be after Spirit Tracks seeing as how Hyrule is located in the upper left in both games; because of the drought, Hyrule risen from the upper left in Spirit Tracks.

When MVC2 came out for XBL/PSN I knew that a 3rd game would be made. Capcom had to have renewed the rights.

Now on to speculation about MVC3.

I wonder which Megaman they will use? Personally I hope its X.

I really hope they don't put in any new marvel/ dark reign junk.