Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Wow... Leisure Suit Larry and King's Quest... talk about awesome old school PCgames, I looooved the Sierra "quest" games

King's Quest was rebooted last year, though in episodic format. That said, the fourth chapter came out a few days ago with one more set to come out in 2 to 3 months. Leisure Suit Larry had a remake three years ago, but with the way Al Lowe, Josh Mandel, and a transgendered employee were treated by the owner of the company that spearheaded the remake, the remake is likely the last Larry title we would ever get with Al Lowe's involvement:

Here's a trailer for the new King's Quest game. While not completely ignoring the previous series, the game soft reboots the franchise by making the classic games as embellished stories spread by others. That said, the stories, told via episodic format, are told by old Graham himself (voiced by Christopher Lloyd of Back to the Future fame) who also embellishes them to his granddaughter Gwendolyn:

The King's Quest game plays more like the Walking Dead adventure game because Activision wanted the new series to be more console friendly. Because of that, the game has dialogue trees, quick time events, and platforming action. The first chapter is free, so check it out.

If you still like adventure games, you should play Life is Strange. The game almost won "Game of the Year" even though it was a game that people had no idea how well it would do:

Like the new King's Quest game, chapter 1 of Life is Strange is free. With the series gaining popular, a tv series is being developed by Legendary films for digital release.

Play the game since it is very good. Do not let episode 1 fool you as the game isn't a highschool drama title for teens.

Anyone else here playing Overwatch at all? I've always been a Blizzard fan, but I don't think I've ever played a game that feels so frustrating. lol

From time to time, though that is because I put my full focus on Heroes of the Storm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soooo its been a super super hot minute since ive been on here. It was pretty inactive for a while last time i was on but its nice to see you guys are still active on here. Ive been playing alot of pc MKX now that it finally got its XL update. Also Killer Instinct, overwatch, rocket league, sometimes heroes of the storm among the constants. And of course as always I occasionally hit up games in my backlog from time to time. I really want to get Titanfall 2.. i really loved the first one.. and Dishonored 2.. also loved the first one. but I can wait for a sale. :D

Anyone else here playing Overwatch at all? I've always been a Blizzard fan, but I don't think I've ever played a game that feels so frustrating. lol

From time to time, though that is because I put my full focus on Heroes of the Storm.

Btw, Doom whats your Battle.net ID? that overwatch halloween event was awesome. They kind of did a heroes event but not really.. thankfully it wasnt a limited time like overwatchs'.

• 1 month later...

So this page is dead again.. profound sadness... well those that are alive in here I did get Titanfall 2 and man is is awesome. Heres hoping steam winter sale is as good as autumn, I just may bite on Fallout 4 and Doom if it hits 20(and below) again.

Also MARVEL VS CAPCOM (4) INFINITE WAS ANNOUNCED AHHHHHH!! AND ITS COMING TO PC AHHH!H!!!

also ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 ANNOUNCED FOR STEAM TOO!! AHHHHH im so happy. Man I love PC gaming so much. and Tekken 7 coming to Steam next year too.. its going to be a good year for me.

I need a gaming PC. Don't want to have to buy consoles anymore.

You know what the best thing about PC gaming is? aside from full customization, you dont have to pay to play your games online. no PS+ or Xbox Gold crap. I dont miss that.

• 1 year later...

No one ever seems to visit this once vibrant thread anymore. :( makes me sad.. time for a necro post! :D If there is anyone out there, WHATCHYA PLAYIN?! 

Just GTA 5. I get on and play once a day if I can. Sometimes just to do Daily Objectives.

I really want to get back into the Witcher 3. I barely scratched the surface on that but really liked what I did play of it.

Looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 3.

I guess not alot of members game or even know about this thread. Redemption 2 looks awesome. I wish I had a console to play it on, if only it would hit PC. Im hoping they do a port like they did with GTA5 but they didnt with Redemption 1 but they did port GTA4 which was before that so I dont know. Up in the air I suppose. I also need to get back into the Witcher 3. I played a bit of it but stopped playing probably due to other games coming out at the time and I wasnt as engrossed in it as everyone else was.

I have way too many games to get back to actually. And here I am wanting to get Soul Calibur 6 and Fallout 76. For now Im playing alot of random games and Dragonball Fighterz got new updates and dlc so Ive been deep in that for the time being. 

• 2 weeks later...

Red Dead 2 should be out soon..I can't wait but Battlefield V is coming out in Nov, they should keep me busy for a while....Red Dead looks awesome...

I've been playing Battlefield 1on Xbone since it released. While the gameplay is not completely true to history they do provide a lot historical knowledge. One of the special Melee weapons they suit you up with is the Totokia. Its a club that strongly resembles the Sandpeople's weapon of choice...needless to say it is rather fun to club enemies into the ground with & more times than not you have to give the Sandpeople's War Cry....& sometimes that overzealousness gets one killed as well lol....

toto.jpg

Totokia-war-club-Fiji-Star-Wars.png

• 1 year later...

@tim4134 Which game? I personally haven’t played a Zelda game sense ocarina of time but I have seen my nephews playing a new game and it looks awesome. I don’t get a lot of time to play now but I have been enjoying the outer worlds. Real fun game 

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I picked up Super Mario Wonder the other day, so good! I'd say the best Mario game since Super Mario 64 as far as new game content, mechanics, creativity and just overall fun.  So awesome!! Ranks right up there with Super Mario World and Super Mario 64.