Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I don't mind more MH... Its the only game I play these days...

you know, when i typed that, i knew you were going to say something like that... how about that street fighter 5!?! and its exclusivity to PS4/PC?! hopefully the pc version is on par with the ps4 version if not enhanced alittle with the hardware.

you know, when i typed that, i knew you were going to say something like that... how about that street fighter 5!?! and its exclusivity to PS4/PC?! hopefully the pc version is on par with the ps4 version if not enhanced alittle with the hardware.

That was a surprising move...

I was really looking forward to Tekken X Street Fighter but haven't heard anything for a while...

That was a surprising move...

I was really looking forward to Tekken X Street Fighter but haven't heard anything for a while...

Well thats not on capcoms side to work on. Its been in development for forever but Namco and Harada seem to give it less priority then other things. Also with the announcement of Tekken 7 now coming out next year, I dont see us getting a TxSF anytime soon. I was looking forward to it as well. With Tekken 7 now being made with the Unreal engine instead of their in house more sony based engine, we can expect tekken to finally come to pc. This also means that if and when TxSF comes out, it too will be on pc and possibly even be developed quicker.

SF5 not free to play... WTH...

I hope you are joking in thinking that it would be. That would be TERRIBLE.. I want to just pay for a game that has all its features instead of having it all laced in micro payments. I dont mind dlc as long its done right and the original purchase provided all the features and gameplay that was worth the purchase price. With fighting games, I dont mind dlc thats cosmetic like levels and costumes. With characters Id rather it be either a few of them or an "expansion" like ultra sf4/arcade edition or like the seasons for killer instinct.

Ughh I'm not happy about SF5 being on PS4/PC only. SF4 had a massive community on 360. What the hell Capcom?? Oh well maybe I'll get the PC version. I really don't care for Sony and they have never had any exclusives that really made me want to buy their systems.

Ughh I'm not happy about SF5 being on PS4/PC only. SF4 had a massive community on 360. What the hell Capcom?? Oh well maybe I'll get the PC version. I really don't care for Sony and they have never had any exclusives that really made me want to buy their systems.

Capcom has been in financial woes for a while now. Alot of their titles havent been meeting up to their expectations in sales. A reason why they havent brought out new sequels to fan favorite series like Rival Schools, Darkstalkers, and Power Stone to name a few. A bunch of series that they put alot of money into didnt sell very well like the shittacular Resident Evil 6. So they are pulling their hail mary and bringing out the only series they know/think will sell alot of copies to get them back up there again. They didnt have the finances to back it up so they went to sony for help. I m sure they went to MS but MS probably didnt propose enough or didnt care enough. MS has been known to be more focused on shooters to care about fighters.

Yes the 360 fighting game community is very large (im part of that and primarily play fighters on that system) but MS just thinks fighters are small niche community. Sony however has supported fighting games ALOT. They have a tonnnn of fighting game exclusives like Chaos Code, Guilty Gear Xrd, Aquapazza, Arcana Heart, PS All stars, etc. They have also paid money for exclusives like Kratos in Mortal Kombat 9 and 5 extra characters in Street Fighter x Tekken. MS has never lifted a finger to get any exclusives except randomly and FINALLY releasing Killer Instinct... as a downloadable beta... err i mean game. That is very telling of where they stand with fighting games.

I dont own a PS4 nor a xbone, so just having the option to have this without getting any of the new consoles is great. Its a nice reason to not rush in and buy new systems day one and just wait it out until that gaming library builds up. Also rumor has it that the company thats in charge of the new KI is thinking of porting it to PC as well.. so WIN for me as well.

On a side note, this will only help unify the community, ESPECIALLY when the game is going to have cross platform play.. meaning everyone that owns SF5 will be able to play everyone else that has it no matter if they are on pc or ps4. That to me, is amazing. (also a rumor that ki devs are looking to do the same with ki)

SF5 not free to play... WTH...

I hope you are joking in thinking that it would be. That would be TERRIBLE.. I want to just pay for a game that has all its features instead of having it all laced in micro payments. I dont mind dlc as long its done right and the original purchase provided all the features and gameplay that was worth the purchase price. With fighting games, I dont mind dlc thats cosmetic like levels and costumes. With characters Id rather it be either a few of them or an "expansion" like ultra sf4/arcade edition or like the seasons for killer instinct.

I was referring to online play... I think they going with that model...

Did you get a chance to check out the live demo?...

Not sure what model you mean unless you are talking about what the standard has been for consoles for the past 7-9 years. Buuuuut its free on dat PC!! soooo still free to play haha. I watched it yeah... extremely staged but it did show some more things... one word.. NOODLES! hopefully they change it so it doesn't stay the whole round. Also those different EX meters... very interesting.. I m excited about the game, but im very cautious of their changes.

Not sure what model you mean unless you are talking about what the standard has been for consoles for the past 7-9 years. Buuuuut its free on dat PC!! soooo still free to play haha. I watched it yeah... extremely staged but it did show some more things... one word.. NOODLES! hopefully they change it so it doesn't stay the whole round. Also those different EX meters... very interesting.. I m excited about the game, but im very cautious of their changes.

I mean paying monthly subscription like WoW... That is what the producer is implying...

I mean paying monthly subscription like WoW... That is what the producer is implying...

If you are referring to Yoshinori Ono, hes only referring to it being pay ONE lump sum to play like most games and NOT like killer instinct 2013 where its a free to play game and you can pay microtransactions to get the whole game/seasons. Alot of people were scared about this because back around like a year or so ago, Ono was asking about how people felt about free to play models and was playing with the idea to possibly use it in a capcom fighting game. Most of the FGC want full complete games and want to pay ONE payment to get that full complete game. Costumes, stages and even characters (if done in a cost efficient way and are not like a bunch as dlc) are all fine. Just give us a good set roster and a full game with all its features and we are good.

You will however still have to pay a subscription to ps plus to play online if you own it on PS4... but PC online is always free.

If you are referring to Yoshinori Ono, hes only referring to it being pay ONE lump sum to play like most games and NOT like killer instinct 2013 where its a free to play game and you can pay microtransactions to get the whole game/seasons. Alot of people were scared about this because back around like a year or so ago, Ono was asking about how people felt about free to play models and was playing with the idea to possibly use it in a capcom fighting game. Most of the FGC want full complete games and want to pay ONE payment to get that full complete game. Costumes, stages and even characters (if done in a cost efficient way and are not like a bunch as dlc) are all fine. Just give us a good set roster and a full game with all its features and we are good.

You will however still have to pay a subscription to ps plus to play online if you own it on PS4... but PC online is always free.

Ono cleared things up... There wont be pay to play... I got it mixed up... It was the president of Capcom that was talking about considering it...

Ono cleared things up... There wont be pay to play... I got it mixed up... It was the president of Capcom that was talking about considering it...

Well a while ago, Ono did mention he was looking into a possible free to play model, but instead decided against it. Alot of speculation after he even mentioned it got alot of gamers afraid of whats to come with the new SF. Only recently after the announcement of SF5 did he actually say there will be no free to play model and it will be a paid game.

Target has the WiiU marked down to $249 this week so I decided to buy one for Smash. Best Buy has a buy one get one 40% off sale on WiiU and 3DS games so I got Smash and Bayonetta 2. Anyone have any other recommendations for the WiiU?

Definitely Mario Kart 8... I dont have a WiiU but I played the crap out of that on my friends. Its probably the best mario kart game ive ever played. Also wait for the new Zelda game to come out, it looks so sick. The Zelda dynasty warriors game Hyrule Warriors looks pretty slick too, but youd have to like zelda characters/dynasty warriors gameplay to like it.

When I went to Best Buy originally I wanted to get Smash and MK8, but they didn't have MK. I had realy liked the first Bayonetta so I decided to pick up the sequel since it was there. I'll probably go back and get Mario Kart and Hyrule Warriors at a different one. I enjoyed some of the DW series on the PS2, and I liked Hokuto no Musuo too.

Has anyone played with the Amiibos?... The concept sounds interesting...

On a side note... Its perfect for a game like Monster Hunter... Capcom better have something planned...

I have not but its just like the Disney Infinity game(s?). collect expensive figures to "transport" them into the game with stats etc and bring them around to friends houses to have them do battle. Its a very 80s-90s concept which is interesting. It would definitely fit in a game like monster hunter where you level up your hunter and its type.

Has anyone played with the Amiibos?... The concept sounds interesting...

On a side note... Its perfect for a game like Monster Hunter... Capcom better have something planned...

I have. It is a gimmick since it is basically a modern Digimon toy where you use the amiibos to config and level up your characters to be used at a friends place or anywhere else. For instance, if you have a Mario amiibo, he can be leveled up by putting in your game via scanning. The more times you play with him, the more he collect items such as power up or trophies. You can use the power on him or any other amiibo toys you have. You can even give them a name just like the old digimon toys (before Digimon became something more than keychain pets)

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get anything good for Christmas? hehe Ive found some of the sales across the platforms to be fairly lackluster but I have been able to obtain a few gems for cheap. So far on xbox live I got Titanfall with its season pass for $13.50 which is a steal as I am seriously loving the game. I m not one for buying games that are strictly essentially only playable online only but its really damn fun. I also picked up tekken tag tournament 2 for 6.79. I have the disc version on PS3 but the game is far too good and thats a good price for such an amazing fighting game. On steam I picked up Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box, Payday 2 (along with some dlc), The wolf among us, and how to survive with all its dlc (as well as a second copy for a friend of mine) for about 26 dollars total. May end up picking up dont starve for 4 bucks as well. Not too bad of a game haul for a cheap ass like myself. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I guess no one got anything... so sad.. its sadder that this is one of the only threads i really peruse and it has less life in it than the batteries in my controller... (hint: they are dead)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

so it seems like no one is playing any games anymore? and this forum feels like its slowing down too.. or is just me?