Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Recently beat Remember Me and finally started playing the copy of the Last of Us from my friend that works at naughty dog. My god this game deserves all the awards its received. Its a pretty intense game and just like the uncharted series the story cutscenes really get you into the game and story. That was one of the only things i really liked about the uncharted series. I wanted to be able to just sit and watch them the whole time. Not too far in the game so far, but it has some pretty freaky and awesome moments. Btw Remember Me wasnt too shabby either. The combat system was pretty good. There were some cheap moments but not too bad. Story was interesting and the moments where you went into a persons memory and changed it was interesting. Completely focusing on memory things as a main story point in the game was a bit strange tho. overall pretty enjoyable tho.

• 2 weeks later...

still playing skyrim my character is level 45 now ... waiting for destiny to come out I want to play that game so badly ...

Skyrim is pretty fun, I have it on PC. I can never seem to dedicate the time to it because i have so many other games to tackle and play around with. I can see playing skyrim solely for a very long time.

Started up Saints Row 4 with a buddy of mine since we found it for a pretty good deal. First game in a while that ive played for a good 6 hours straight and not realizing it. Thankfully that doesnt happen very often anymore but this game is pretty addictive. Feels like Saints Row merged with Crackdown and Prototype. Its definitely very different and original despite how it sounds. I also got further in The Last of Us. Really engrossing game and great story.

Ive also found myself looking into some unique "retro" games for the ps2. I recently bought some games for it ive always wanted: Odin Sphere and Megaman X collection. Im a sucker for MMX games and never got to play 1-3 and 6 as well as the hidden game megaman battle and chase. Havent touched them but its nice to get to add them in.. and brand new even!

the ability to customize your guardian & constantly upgrade armor & things looks amazing for destiny they have out right stated that no two guardians should ever look alike how crazy is that in an online multiplayer game ?.

still playing skyrim my character is level 45 now ... waiting for destiny to come out I want to play that game so badly ...

Skyrim is pretty fun, I have it on PC. I can never seem to dedicate the time to it because i have so many other games to tackle and play around with. I can see playing skyrim solely for a very long time.

Started up Saints Row 4 with a buddy of mine since we found it for a pretty good deal. First game in a while that ive played for a good 6 hours straight and not realizing it. Thankfully that doesnt happen very often anymore but this game is pretty addictive. Feels like Saints Row merged with Crackdown and Prototype. Its definitely very different and original despite how it sounds. I also got further in The Last of Us. Really engrossing game and great story.

Ive also found myself looking into some unique "retro" games for the ps2. I recently bought some games for it ive always wanted: Odin Sphere and Megaman X collection. Im a sucker for MMX games and never got to play 1-3 and 6 as well as the hidden game megaman battle and chase. Havent touched them but its nice to get to add them in.. and brand new even!

I have been wanting to play Skyrim for a while but I'm afraid of how time consuming it is and how much would I be able to dedicate it.

I have been wanting to play Skyrim for a while but I'm afraid of how time consuming it is and how much would I be able to dedicate it.

Its a good game, I would give it a shot and not be intimidated by how much time you can put into it. If you are on a timed schedule, just watch how long you are playing. The game has been fairly cheap on all platforms so its not too hard to obtain.

Its a good game, I would give it a shot and not be intimidated by how much time you can put into it. If you are on a timed schedule, just watch how long you are playing. The game has been fairly cheap on all platforms so its not too hard to obtain.

agreed honestly if you just want to play it & finish it quickly the basic story plot you can get that done in a couple hours ... The only reason my character level is so high is because I want it to be... I'm planning on doing everything with this character & more or less turn him into a god lol ... & by do everything I am literally talking about every single side quest & missions & what not the people you run across send you on So far I've pimped my services out to two gods simply because I find it amusing I plan to do the same with all the gods I come across

agreed honestly if you just want to play it & finish it quickly the basic story plot you can get that done in a couple hours ... The only reason my character level is so high is because I want it to be... I'm planning on doing everything with this character & more or less turn him into a god lol ... & by do everything I am literally talking about every single side quest & missions & what not the people you run across send you on So far I've pimped my services out to two gods simply because I find it amusing I plan to do the same with all the gods I come across

That's the thing with these type of games I'm the kind of person who wants to do it all, all the side quests and leveling up. I'll probably get it and do like Fallout 3 where I kept coming back years later to do things I left unfinished. It's not like I'm in a hurry to go with either the PS4 or XB1.

That's the thing with these type of games I'm the kind of person who wants to do it all, all the side quests and leveling up. I'll probably get it and do like Fallout 3 where I kept coming back years later to do things I left unfinished. It's not like I'm in a hurry to go with either the PS4 or XB1.

I dont know about beating it in a couple hours, the overall world is huge and it requires you to level up in order to fight most things. I find myself wandering the lands and doing random quests, its actually kind of hard to figure out what the main storyline is honestly.. at least IMO. Skyrim is essentially Fallout. It uses the same engine, has the same principles and ideas in gameplay, its just set in a medieval time era and has some improvements from fallout and is just as difficult.

I definitely feel you there with the next gen consoles, I have such a backlog and lack of time, as well as the new systems just dont interest me that much. They screwed up when they made the discs be DRM install discs. What was so wrong with just having them act like the past gens and actually read from there? install some portions as optional and if you wanted to just have it installed buy the downloadable version? The future of games is going to be all digital which saddens me. I enjoy collecting the actual physical games as well as buying downloadable ones. Its nice to have options. When it goes all digital, it will be alot more annoying and less "permanent". Like for instance, say the online support goes away for certain game, so its taken down, you can never play that game again unless you have a digital copy and whose to say that hard drive wont suddenly get corrupted and you be fuuuuu'ed. An instance for me where ive found myself going back to my ps2 and collecting a few games I missed that are nice gems, that will be entirely impossible come the full digital age. Its just such bullshit. A reason I never buy or get attached to games taht are strictly online only i.e. MMOs, online shooters. Most dont last very long and are pulled and some even require online fees even after you buy the damn games and then just drop off the earth 6 months later.. F that.

I dont know about beating it in a couple hours, the overall world is huge and it requires you to level up in order to fight most things. I find myself wandering the lands and doing random quests, its actually kind of hard to figure out what the main storyline is honestly.. at least IMO. Skyrim is essentially Fallout. It uses the same engine, has the same principles and ideas in gameplay, its just set in a medieval time era and has some improvements from fallout and is just as difficult.

I definitely feel you there with the next gen consoles, I have such a backlog and lack of time, as well as the new systems just dont interest me that much. They screwed up when they made the discs be DRM install discs. What was so wrong with just having them act like the past gens and actually read from there? install some portions as optional and if you wanted to just have it installed buy the downloadable version? The future of games is going to be all digital which saddens me. I enjoy collecting the actual physical games as well as buying downloadable ones. Its nice to have options. When it goes all digital, it will be alot more annoying and less "permanent". Like for instance, say the online support goes away for certain game, so its taken down, you can never play that game again unless you have a digital copy and whose to say that hard drive wont suddenly get corrupted and you be fuuuuu'ed. An instance for me where ive found myself going back to my ps2 and collecting a few games I missed that are nice gems, that will be entirely impossible come the full digital age. Its just such bullshit. A reason I never buy or get attached to games taht are strictly online only i.e. MMOs, online shooters. Most dont last very long and are pulled and some even require online fees even after you buy the damn games and then just drop off the earth 6 months later.. F that.

I'm not really looking forward to the next gen consoles, I have seen graphics comparisons and yes they look pretty but other than that I haven't seen much of the new functions and specs that would make me go "wow I really need to get on this, right now". Another thing is the game library save one or two games(I haven't been keeping up much with the releases) most of the games were released for the PS3/Xb360 and less than a year ago people were praising PS3 graphics with The Last of Us game, so I still think the last generation consoles have some steam left I have both. You mentioned digital which is interesting while I have a couple of digital games and could see advantages of it there's some things that still bother me about them, for example price they charged almost or the same amount as the msrp for a hard copy why? You are not indulging in packaging costs or putting the game on the disc that should save you some money also and this is the reason I don't go digital with video games disk space, video games are becoming more and more complex in terms of content so it starts taking larger and larger amounts of disk space when you install them which is the case with digital.

I'm not really looking forward to the next gen consoles, I have seen graphics comparisons and yes they look pretty but other than that I haven't seen much of the new functions and specs that would make me go "wow I really need to get on this, right now". Another thing is the game library save one or two games(I haven't been keeping up much with the releases) most of the games were released for the PS3/Xb360 and less than a year ago people were praising PS3 graphics with The Last of Us game, so I still think the last generation consoles have some steam left I have both. You mentioned digital which is interesting while I have a couple of digital games and could see advantages of it there's some things that still bother me about them, for example price they charged almost or the same amount as the msrp for a hard copy why? You are not indulging in packaging costs or putting the game on the disc that should save you some money also and this is the reason I don't go digital with video games disk space, video games are becoming more and more complex in terms of content so it starts taking larger and larger amounts of disk space when you install them which is the case with digital.

I feel the last of us was a last hurrah for this past console generation. Im seeing games slowly come out for them more and more. Its normal for next gen systems to not have anything great at first and not have alot yet. They are still developing their heavy hitters and still learning the systems. The graphical gap between last gen and next gen isnt as apparent as it was say with playstation 2 to playstation 3 or playstation 1 to dreamcast. The new tech isnt as visually impressive yet compared to what we ve already seen. That isnt to say that we have seen all that the systems can do yet tho.

As regards to digital, I only find myself buying digital when its on sale and at a good price... typically $15 and under. I never buy full price, that would be just stupid. Whats really shitty is that with newer and future consoles that are going digital, they stock the systems with tiny tiny hard drives and restrict you. These new games are very huge, hell our old games like the ps3 games are REALLY huge.. .im pretty sure god of war ascension is 50gbs by itself, i dont even want to think about what last of us is. (uncharted 3 was 30gb) For ps3 generation that is 1/4 of a 120gb standard hdd. Whats nice is i bought a 500gb internal laptop hard drive and installed that into my ps3 so that i can enjoy all the many ps+ games without worrying about space. I believe the new systems will have some option of expanding them as well..(hopefully)

I really hope that we continue to have options for how we get our games, but I feel how the companies handled this next gen, they are wanting to be like steam and go all digital so that they can completely control and monopolize their prices on games and not because of piracy. That is an unfortunate thing because steam is actually quite nice but i think it only works well on the computer for now. Mostly because buying games for pc have been dying out and you can modify your computer to do anything essentially. Consoles arent like that. Its one package deal with no real modifying (beyond what the manufacturer is offering). I also see alot of new ways to play games coming at us... almost too much.. iphones, ipads, amazon(they have a new game thing happening), ouya, pc, wiiu, ds, vita, ps, xb, steam, steambox, etc etc... the gaming market is getting diluted but i guess we do have more options(maybe too many) now.

• 1 month later...

hmmm cant say ive played that game, how is it!? sounds pretty awesome!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've still been playing Destiny on Xbox One, really looking forward to the expansion stuff next week. Trades COD: Advanced Warfare (after beating single player and getting most of the acheivments) for Assassin's Creed Rogue and have been working through that. Asked my wife for Assassin's Creed Unity for Christmas . And I picked up Wolfenstein the New Order for Xbox One last week when some store had it for $20, I'll get to it eventually.

I completely forgot about this forum. I've been playing a lot of Smash Bros for 3DS lately.

alot of people did.. It was the main thread I frequented the most. Its funny right before and after the new systems launched, this thread became a ghost town... and i dont think its because everyone is playing the new systems. Its more with everyone doesnt have as much time to play as they used to. I have been consistently gaming but I only really tackle it on the weekends.

annnnnd got that sweet double post going on... so i ll just put something else here. heres a sweet thing.. STREET FIGHTER V has been announced today for PS4 and PC exclusively! I m excited and disappointed all at once. Im disappointed not because its exclusive to ps4/pc but because it means capcom is no longer taking chances with their properties. They are sticking with what they know/think will sell alot instead of the risks of bringing back older properties like ohhh i dont know rival schools, capcom vs snk, power stone, darkstalkers and all that. So instead they will just keep hashing out more monster hunters, resident evils and street fighters. Dont get me wrong, im a huge fan of the company and their IPs... thats why im so annoyed by this. I want them to revitalize their classic series'. No longer is it the dreamcast era of a new capcom title every other week. They have been realllly losing money on these new IPs (which for the most part are friggin terrible choices to throw out there expecting to make a profit from). With all those being huge hits to their back account, they have become paranoid and watching everything they release more and more. sad.

annnnnd got that sweet double post going on... so i ll just put something else here. heres a sweet thing.. STREET FIGHTER V has been announced today for PS4 and PC exclusively! I m excited and disappointed all at once. Im disappointed not because its exclusive to ps4/pc but because it means capcom is no longer taking chances with their properties. They are sticking with what they know/think will sell alot instead of the risks of bringing back older properties like ohhh i dont know rival schools, capcom vs snk, power stone, darkstalkers and all that. So instead they will just keep hashing out more monster hunters, resident evils and street fighters. Dont get me wrong, im a huge fan of the company and their IPs... thats why im so annoyed by this. I want them to revitalize their classic series'. No longer is it the dreamcast era of a new capcom title every other week. They have been realllly losing money on these new IPs (which for the most part are friggin terrible choices to throw out there expecting to make a profit from). With all those being huge hits to their back account, they have become paranoid and watching everything they release more and more. sad.

I don't mind more MH... Its the only game I play these days...