Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I still game I am just picky about my choices but then I always have been... when a game comes out that I want I get into it ... the next ones for me will be destiny & thief & I suppose whatever the latest assassins creeds are ... Still have not brought the pirate one as I am waiting till later on in the year when destiny comes out to buy a new system

Monster Hunter 4 in 2015...

Not sure if this is a joke or if its legit. I havent heard anything about this but i would assume they would be doing a new one. But at the same time youd also assume theyd be doing a new megaman title, new resident evil title, new fighting game in general. I would love a new marvel vs capcom title but that looks like it ll be another 10 years until that happens. I wouldnt even mind a Capcom vs Capcom title, they have so many good fighting games to mash together without the annoyance of marvel telling them what to do and who to cross promote. I would love another power stone, another darkstalkers, another rival schools, another capcom vs snk, another star gladiator/plasma sword, another cyberbots, another tech romancer, etc etc. Supposedly capcom is going to be doing some announcements soon on new games. They also say something about they are going to fully re-establish their place in the fighting game genre. Im excited but not as I dont like the turn of the new generation of consoles and what may be happening. 15gb patch updates?!?! lots and lots of DLC like games? F2P fighting games?? eeesh... so much for getting a full product with what you buy.

Monster Hunter 4 in 2015...

Not sure if this is a joke or if its legit. I havent heard anything about this but i would assume they would be doing a new one. But at the same time youd also assume theyd be doing a new megaman title, new resident evil title, new fighting game in general. I would love a new marvel vs capcom title but that looks like it ll be another 10 years until that happens. I wouldnt even mind a Capcom vs Capcom title, they have so many good fighting games to mash together without the annoyance of marvel telling them what to do and who to cross promote. I would love another power stone, another darkstalkers, another rival schools, another capcom vs snk, another star gladiator/plasma sword, another cyberbots, another tech romancer, etc etc. Supposedly capcom is going to be doing some announcements soon on new games. They also say something about they are going to fully re-establish their place in the fighting game genre. Im excited but not as I dont like the turn of the new generation of consoles and what may be happening. 15gb patch updates?!?! lots and lots of DLC like games? F2P fighting games?? eeesh... so much for getting a full product with what you buy.

Its going to be an updated version of the original game...

If only they would put it on consoles that arent just for nintendo. I know they did or were supposed to do one for xbox 360 only in Japan, but im not sure if it actually came out or not.

What game are you talking about getting an update? Work has that link blocked.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

If only they would put it on consoles that arent just for nintendo. I know they did or were supposed to do one for xbox 360 only in Japan, but im not sure if it actually came out or not.

It did... Monster Hunter Frontier... I hear they will release this game outside of Japan across the board... Hopefully it doesn't require a subscription like it did in Japan...

It did... Monster Hunter Frontier... I hear they will release this game outside of Japan across the board... Hopefully it doesn't require a subscription like it did in Japan...

a subscription on top of a subscription(xbox live)?!?!?!? NOPE... eff that. Im not even a big fan of the games. I like the co op to them but they are the same game over and over again.. I used to play the psp versions and every version since then looks and plays the exact same. I see why people like it and really all they need to do is what they have been doing by adding new environments and monsters but i just couldnt get down with the games. gameplay was just boring. Oddly enough Dragons Dogma and even alittle Lost Planet, both share the same gameplay/controls, moreso with DD tho.

a subscription on top of a subscription(xbox live)?!?!?!? NOPE... eff that. Im not even a big fan of the games. I like the co op to them but they are the same game over and over again.. I used to play the psp versions and every version since then looks and plays the exact same. I see why people like it and really all they need to do is what they have been doing by adding new environments and monsters but i just couldnt get down with the games. gameplay was just boring. Oddly enough Dragons Dogma and even alittle Lost Planet, both share the same gameplay/controls, moreso with DD tho.

I refuse to play any games that charges a subscription... Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the 3DS will still be free...

I refuse to play any games that charges a subscription... Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the 3DS will still be free...

I can understand that. One of the many reasons that deterred me from World of Warcraft and any MMO game. Alot are offering free to play, but I still cant really get into those type of games with the lack of time and the amount of quality games i already have in my repertoire as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone playing anything new lately? Im looking forward to this months ps plus lineup. Really been wanting to play Remember Me and Metro Last Light as well as payday 2. Altho payday 2 feels more of the same and is actually kind of not as good as I was hoping. It feels like it only has about 5 actual missions and very little variety. The AI bots are also quite mindless. So I dodged a bullet with that game. I bought the first one because the concept sounded so good and it was just mediocre. This second one got alot of hype and I actually thought it was going to be different and have the features that the first one was lacking in. not so much. def glad i didnt buy the second round.

Can someone recommend a good Star Wars video game? Doesn't matter how old.

I have Shadows of the Empire, Force Unleashed, and Lego, any others?

The super star wars games on the super nintendo were pretty awesome. A bit mediocre, but I actually kind of liked Jedi Power Battles on PS1. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds for PC was excellent as well as its Clone Campaign expansion. I also enjoyed the Battlefront games also.

Can someone recommend a good Star Wars video game? Doesn't matter how old.

I have Shadows of the Empire, Force Unleashed, and Lego, any others?

The super star wars games on the super nintendo were pretty awesome. A bit mediocre, but I actually kind of liked Jedi Power Battles on PS1. Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds for PC was excellent as well as its Clone Campaign expansion. I also enjoyed the Battlefront games also.

The Super Nintendo Star Wars games were great... Hard as hell though...

started playing skyrim again for xbox thinking of getting the new updates for it though need to decide if I am going to keep on playing or not first i forgot just how big that game world was ... I just escaped the jail & made my way to the new town & now I am all "Now what" lol ...

I just finished Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on Xbox One and like it and am sort of playing Strider. The upgraded graphics were nice, but I'm trading it in to Gamestop to get Thief (also for Xbox One) for $30. Still find myself going back and helping with community challages every week or so on AC: Black Flag. Got my son Lego Marvel a couple weeks ago (for 360) and we've been slowly going through it. I really haven't found the last couple Lego games as fun and the SW and orignal Batman one. Also been picking stuff up on the 360 when it's on sale. Got Alan Wake American Nightmare for $3 (loved the first game and DLC, not sure why I didn't alredy have this) and the Mortal Kombat from a couple years ago for $5. Wish I would have got Skyrim last week, they had it for $5 but didn't know until after the fact.

Played the Titanfall Beta last week and enjoyed it. I'm probably going to buy it, just not at launch. I was hoping it would have a more tradional campaign mode but I keep hearing it pretty much all multiplayer.

I'm looking forward to Destiny and Dying Lightthis fall. And I will probably get Metal Gear Solid V: the Phantom Pain next month.

• 3 weeks later...

So did anyone get Titanfall?? If they did, how is it? Also as a huuuuuuuuge street fighter fan, I totally predicted this character was the 5th mystery character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-Hl33Xqpk Im not exactly happy with their execution of her as a full face mask makes her more ominous and less cloney feeling. I wont pass judgement until I play her tho... and shes a friggin charge character! crraaaaaaaaaaaziness. also i cant seem to just have the dang video showing directly in my post.. i did the media insert.

So did anyone get Titanfall?? If they did, how is it? Also as a huuuuuuuuge street fighter fan, I totally predicted this character was the 5th mystery character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC-Hl33Xqpk Im not exactly happy with their execution of her as a full face mask makes her more ominous and less cloney feeling. I wont pass judgement until I play her tho... and shes a friggin charge character! crraaaaaaaaaaaziness. also i cant seem to just have the dang video showing directly in my post.. i did the media insert.

What happen to the Namco version of Street Fighter X Tekken?...

Thats a question many people in the FGC have been asking for yearsssssss... Supposedly its still happening. Speculation is that the free to play tekken game tekken revolution is the testing ground for how they will handle the game. A new character that they added has ground waves and similar like projectiles. Also speculation is they are debating on what generation they are going to port it to... either last gen or next gen since their announcement was in between development. I'm goign to fathom a guess that its coming next gen only.

Thats a question many people in the FGC have been asking for yearsssssss... Supposedly its still happening. Speculation is that the free to play tekken game tekken revolution is the testing ground for how they will handle the game. A new character that they added has ground waves and similar like projectiles. Also speculation is they are debating on what generation they are going to port it to... either last gen or next gen since their announcement was in between development. I'm goign to fathom a guess that its coming next gen only.

Yeah... I am curious to see how they handle projectile in that type of environment... It has failed miserably in the past...

Yeah... I am curious to see how they handle projectile in that type of environment... It has failed miserably in the past...

I actually didnt mind the Street Fighter EX games.. they were good for the time... .not exactly aged well but the 3d projectile wasnt too bad. However with Tekken nowadays you can sidestep. I think it could easily work, I just dont know exactly how fun it would be. If Capcom can make Tekken characters work well with SFxT, I think Namco can make street fighter characters work well in TxSF.