Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I recently got a Wii u. I mostly pre-ordered it for the exclusive Sonic Lost World. Yeah I'm such a whore for Sega/ Sonic. Anywho I've been enjoying it. So far I have Rayman Legends,Injustice,Zombi-U, Need For Speed Most Wanted U, and Batman Arkham Origins for it. Need for Speed is really impressive and looks much better than 360 graphics.

Try Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate...

I might give it a shot, is it turn based? I'm not really big on those kinda games, but their are some exceptions.

I'm really enjoying the Wii u though. NFS uses the pc textures and easily blows the 360/ps3 version out of the water.

As for the Xbone and PS4, I'm still not sold on either one. Maybe next year when the game library is more enticing I'll consider buying one.

I recently got a Wii u. I mostly pre-ordered it for the exclusive Sonic Lost World. Yeah I'm such a whore for Sega/ Sonic. Anywho I've been enjoying it. So far I have Rayman Legends,Injustice,Zombi-U, Need For Speed Most Wanted U, and Batman Arkham Origins for it. Need for Speed is really impressive and looks much better than 360 graphics.

Try Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate...

I might give it a shot, is it turn based? I'm not really big on those kinda games, but their are some exceptions.

I'm really enjoying the Wii u though. NFS uses the pc textures and easily blows the 360/ps3 version out of the water.

As for the Xbone and PS4, I'm still not sold on either one. Maybe next year when the game library is more enticing I'll consider buying one.

They have a demo that you can download and try first... Its a loot farming action game...

I started playing Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen since it was on ps+. Game is really fun. Reminds me alot of dark souls and a little monster hunter-ish vibe with the huge bosses so frequent. Really fun game. I like the ability to climb on the monsters ala shadow of the colossus and stab them. Its not a feature in any of the MH games ive played and it really should. It would make the combat a whole lot more interesting. I also enjoy the pawn system where you have ai companions with you on your journey. Up to 3 with you at a time, with one being your personal customized pawn and the other 2 are ones you download from the network. Another neat feature is you can actually download your friends' pawns and have them fight beside you. I never could get into Dark Souls like everyone else does, probably due to its insane difficulty. I like monster hunter but I never have friends to play with and of course the limitations of it not being on a console I own. (psp ones were fun when people actually still owned them and they were new) The only MH I play anymore is the one on my iphone.

I started playing Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen since it was on ps+. Game is really fun. Reminds me alot of dark souls and a little monster hunter-ish vibe with the huge bosses so frequent. Really fun game. I like the ability to climb on the monsters ala shadow of the colossus and stab them. Its not a feature in any of the MH games ive played and it really should. It would make the combat a whole lot more interesting. I also enjoy the pawn system where you have ai companions with you on your journey. Up to 3 with you at a time, with one being your personal customized pawn and the other 2 are ones you download from the network. Another neat feature is you can actually download your friends' pawns and have them fight beside you. I never could get into Dark Souls like everyone else does, probably due to its insane difficulty. I like monster hunter but I never have friends to play with and of course the limitations of it not being on a console I own. (psp ones were fun when people actually still owned them and they were new) The only MH I play anymore is the one on my iphone.

I was on the fence about DD when it first came out... It seems like my type of game based upon what you stated...

I was on the fence about DD when it first came out... It seems like my type of game based upon what you stated...

I definitely recommend it especially if you like fun and expansive action RPGs.

took the plunge & snagged up Gta5....still more of the same but I don't mind....my favorite is throwing grenades under the armored vans....in the country-fied areas robbing the stores and making an getaway while driving up the side of a mountain or just using them for shortcuts to other roads.....lots of space to run & gun, dig the silencer on the shotgun, it makes my inner "Anton Chigurh" happy....haven't been eaten by a shark yet but a cougar nearly had me a few times after I crashed my plane into the side of a mountain......too bad you can skin the animals like Red Dead.....dig some of the radio stations but I must be old, I don't get half the tune choices.....

• 2 weeks later...

So who got the new systems? I know the one drops tonight at midnight? Why did they have to bring back one of my favorite fighting game series after 20 years and use it as a downloadable launch title for a system im not really that into?! although honestly all the new systems are kind of meh to me at the moment. nothing special, just them trying to give a reason to upgrade.

So who got the new systems? I know the one drops tonight at midnight? Why did they have to bring back one of my favorite fighting game series after 20 years and use it as a downloadable launch title for a system im not really that into?! although honestly all the new systems are kind of meh to me at the moment. nothing special, just them trying to give a reason to upgrade.

I think I am good waiting for the first price drop...

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting for a sale as well also RE transformers game i finally finished it & I got to say though I enjoyed it highly I feel kind of screwed for the following reasons ...

1 it would have been nice to be able to choose what character you wanted to play

2 I didn't like the entire flippy back & forth way between autobot & decepticon missions I would have preferred they simply let you play a full run of each...

3 if they had done the above we would have had a wider range of characters to play as well or at least we could have ... I mean really we only got to play two of the 3 combiner characters in the game not counting bruticus & lets face it you have combiners do a mission where you are the leader & have the rest of the team around you blowing stuff up...

My brother who works at TRU put an Xbox One on layaway. Been playing it for a few days to make sure it doesn't have any early console bugs. So far it's been good and fun. Forza 5 looks friggin gorgeous, I thought NFS Most wanted on Wii looked amazing until I played this. Killer Instinct is also a blast.

Th drm policy being reversed was enough for me to still side with Microsoft. I was just never a Sony guy, and I have always hated the dual shock controllers.

• 3 weeks later...

You got to love all these holiday and winter deals everywhere. Also it probably helps that new consoles are out so older systems games are going cheaper than ever. God of war Ascension is down to a super low 10 bucks digital... however its like 36gbs. I just installed a 500gb hard drive into my ps3 so it doesnt affect me... also i had got it on disc recently for 15. It did help when I got Ni No Kuni for 10 bucks digital and its a pretty hefty download as well. So any of you all get any good deals lately? Steams got its winter sale up and running now too but nothing for me just yet... of course its still very early.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Dead Rising 3 is very awesome. I was worried when the original E3 trailer hit that the game was going to be too dark and serious. Luckily the game is very much in line with the first two games. The graphics style is nowhere near as dark and boring as the E3 video. Psychopaths are in the game, and they are just as comical and messed up as the first two.

The difficulty has been toned done compared to the first two, but it isn't really a dealbreaker.

So it would seem that Marvel/Disney has taken down ALOT of their games off of digital distribution venues like XBL, PSN and steam. To name a few Xmen arcade, wolverine origins, xmen movie game, deadpool (which just came out about 6 friggin months ago!), marvel vs capcom 2 and 3, etc etc. Ive noticed one common theme with all of them tho: they all have xmen characters in them. Im not sure if maybe just the companies marvel licenses just happen to all be up at the same time or if disney-marvel are just buying them back to use for other games, idk.

Doesn't that just stink though? Honestly I don't care if Activision loses the rights to make Marvel games though. It's not like they have done anything really worthwhile with the license these past 10 years. I think with Spider-man they have milked him about as bad as the Tony Hawk series.

I finished the campaign to Dead Rising 3. To sum it up I can say it's a fun game, but the ending was pretty mediocre. It is the weakest of the 3 though IMO, I haven't played Off The Record but that was just a DR2 rehash.

Dead Rising 3 does wrap up the storyline, so if Capcom decides to make another game it will take place before these events ala Devil May Cry and Street Fighter.

Doesn't that just stink though? Honestly I don't care if Activision loses the rights to make Marvel games though. It's not like they have done anything really worthwhile with the license these past 10 years. I think with Spider-man they have milked him about as bad as the Tony Hawk series.

I finished the campaign to Dead Rising 3. To sum it up I can say it's a fun game, but the ending was pretty mediocre. It is the weakest of the 3 though IMO, I haven't played Off The Record but that was just a DR2 rehash.

Dead Rising 3 does wrap up the storyline, so if Capcom decides to make another game it will take place before these events ala Devil May Cry and Street Fighter.

Its true they havent done much with the license in a while. They did have some great titles over the years tho. The Xmen Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance titles, were pretty great. I also enjoyed the Spiderman Shattered Dimensions, but the second I never played because it seemed like it was half as good with the least interesting characters. Web of Shadows wasnt bad either for what it was. I also hear Wolverine origins was good which is why i yoinked it when i saw it on sale on xboxs' digital sale. I just hope that if its true that Disney/Marvel are buying back their licenses to fully control their games and make their own in house, that they are quality and not just a reason to monetize their characters and trademarks with constant in game purchases and a shitton of dlc.

I guess it makes sense that DR3 didnt end strongly since they already have plans for a DLC thats actually story driven in 4 chunks. Im guessing they will all be extensions to the main story. Hopefully some diverse side stories as well. Ive played Off the Record. Its not bad but its alot more of the same.(which isnt a bad thing, its not like it was revolutionary) Its exactly what they made it out to be, the Super Turbo of Dead Rising 2. It adds some new stuff, changes the story around a bit and keeps most of everything else. I got it for 3 bucks digital so im not complaining. The best part is playing with my friend. We both played the crap out of DR2 and its been so long since we played that we were itching for it again. OTR helped quench that and add new stuff that we had never seen.

Im sure Capcom will find some way to keep DR going. Its a great overall series, I just dont want to see it go the way of Resident Evil and essentially kill itself. RE6 was just an utter shitturd.

I'm still going to have to play Off The Record sometime. I miss Frank West, he didn't get a real cameo in DR3 like others did. Yeah they potentially could continue without going back to the past, but I'm not sure how interesting they could make it. Also we would most likely have Nick again, and he was kinda bland compared to Chuck and Frank. I don't want to spoil too much about DR3, but it wouldn't make sense to make a game taking place after DR3 without Nick.

I'm still going to have to play Off The Record sometime. I miss Frank West, he didn't get a real cameo in DR3 like others did. Yeah they potentially could continue without going back to the past, but I'm not sure how interesting they could make it. Also we would most likely have Nick again, and he was kinda bland compared to Chuck and Frank. I don't want to spoil too much about DR3, but it wouldn't make sense to make a game taking place after DR3 without Nick.

I didnt like Frank West as much as I liked Chuck Greene. Mostly because Frank is kind of a doof and Chuck was more macho and badass but as badass as Frank in gameplay. I think its due to the fact that I like my zombie movies serious and not wacky but I know DR is known to be wacky but in overall tone its serious. Kind of like Shaun of the Dead. Its a comedy with a serious story and vibe. Frank tended to annoy me and I was bummed there was no Chuck Greene Alt for Frank in UMVC3... They could always do a REEEEEEEEEEEEEMIXXXX version... That was me saying it like a true playa. haha. Be like alt universe DR3 where chuck and frank say hello to nick and dick. maybe it ll have a 4 player mode. damn im already setting up capcom, they are going to steal my ideas. super dead rising 3: Welcome To Funtown.... :D

Yeah I prefer Chuck as well. Spoiler he does appear in DR3 as an older more grizzled version. The game takes place 10 years after DR2 so it makes sense. Even being older he was still more likeable than Nick. :P

You can't hate Nick but he doesn't really do much to make you like him either.

Yeah I prefer Chuck as well. Spoiler he does appear in DR3 as an older more grizzled version. The game takes place 10 years after DR2 so it makes sense. Even being older he was still more likeable than Nick. :P

You can't hate Nick but he doesn't really do much to make you like him either.

ha! that was a lovely nonchalant way to do a spoiler. Look over there your dead. ha. I kind of figured one of them at least made an appearance from what of your previous posts. Didnt want to know who, but figured it was Chuck from you stating you missed him. I like that it kept continuity tho. They could've just as easily just started its own new story as if any of the events in Fortune City or even Willamette ever happened. From what Ive seen so far from online, Nick doesnt seem that interesting. Neither goofball like Frank nor hardcore badass like Chuck. Just kind of.... that stereotypical 20-30 something white, brown haired protagonist.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody play anything new lately? I finally started up Fall of Cybertron. So far its pretty good, basically the same game as the first with some new things. A buddy of mine that used to work for High Moon told me they were on a tight schedule when the studio was working on FoC and couldnt implement Co op like they did in WfC. I was pretty bummed because that was a fun part of the first one. I also liked having a choice of switching between which side to play as. This one its just seemless and I have yet to play on the side of the Decepitcons. Im only on chapter 3/4 so maybe they switch halfway in, i dont know.

Its been a while for me... I wonder if my hardcore gaming days are coming to an end...

Well it kind of makes sense, with us getting older we have more responsibilities and less time to be able to do any kind of recreational time. And typically when we do, we dont feel like doing anything but lounging around watching tv instead of gaming. I still love my fighting games, will never stop playing them. They are an easy pick up and play and the put down after a few rounds, or play all night if I wanted to. I have so many backlog games still on this past generation that it will be a while until I even think of getting any of the new systems (which im quite unimpressed with at the moment).