Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Just looked this game up...it's the first I had heard about it, and I think this will most likely be a game that I will be buying. It's looks pretty awesome...and this is coming from someone who isn't really a big DC guy...

If I could "like" this response.. i totally would a few times over. Thats awesome. I am buying it on 360 as well as mr Rocktheplank. I believe you are a big 360 person so you should play with us as well. the more the merrier! Im honestly not a huge DC fan either. Marvel is my blood but I love comics and I like DC stuff just not as much as my mahvel. The game looks sick tho and Im hearing alot of great things from fighting game players that got to test it as well as its got a more elaborate and longer story mode than MK as well as challenges that are unique. A good example is you play as catwomans cat Isis and you have to walk through a bank at night and steal a necklace while avoiding lasers and security guards. If its anything in the quality that was MK9, it will surely be a great experience.

since my son has been the born the only gaming time i get his with him in my arms so everything i play needs to be colorful and kid friendly. I did A link to the past first, then paper mario for the 64 and now i'm playing mindcraft, which he doesn't seem to find interesting and fusses through :(

Just got to say, Bioshock Infinite is awesome. Beat it over the weekend and it was phenomenal. If you are a fan of Bioshock you definitely need to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Injustice this week. Pretty good so far. I feel like the story mode is just as long as in MK unlike what they say where its longer. The combat is fun and I feel it helps with casual players along with deep mechanics for hardcores. The character roster is pretty cool as well, fairly diverse despite about 5 or so of them are batman related. Overall Im really enjoying it.

this thread seems to be dead, Ted. I guess no one is playing games lately.. or care to chatter about them. :( seems the only reason I tend to come around TNI much anymore. no new video game figs that interest me lately either, altho the motorized patriot from Bioshock Infinite has my eye, however I saw its pricetag of 30 bucks now kind of makes me not want it. Did they just decide to start upping the price on figs now? I saw arkham city's Solomon Grundy is 80-90 bucks... WTF is that all about? Next we ll be getting Marvel Select figures at a low low price of 30 bucks as a standard.

DC Direct's larger figs seem to be way overpriced. I don't know if their production numbers are just that low, but it's ridiculous.

Just started playing Bioshock, it's a pretty awesome game. I'll be picking up Infinite when it's on discount. I just don't buy games at full price anymore, just way too expensive.

Because of everything getting more expensive, i have to cut back on videogames lately. I can't believe i still haven't got metal gear rising. Since i got some playarts metal gear figs i can't really get the game. I must also think about saving up for castle grayskull by the end of the year. So i have to pause my game habbits for a while :-(

DC Direct's larger figs seem to be way overpriced. I don't know if their production numbers are just that low, but it's ridiculous.

Just started playing Bioshock, it's a pretty awesome game. I'll be picking up Infinite when it's on discount. I just don't buy games at full price anymore, just way too expensive.

I cant believe they want almost a hundo for AC Grundy!!! how effing big is it? im betting its only like 12 inches if that...

The bioshock series is one of my top 5 favorite series of games. Infinite was a pure blast but not as interesting as Rapture was for me. I cant believe you re just now playing it! I guess at least you are ha. I typically dont buy many day one games. The prices go down so quick, im patient and I have a large backlog of games ive bought for cheap that i still need to play. Not enough time like I used to to conquer as many games as I can buy. I also play alot of games that have alot of replayability... i.e. fighting games. Typically if I dont see myself playing for at least 20 hours or so I wont buy it until its at a good discount.

this thread seems to be dead, Ted. I guess no one is playing games lately.. or care to chatter about them. :( seems the only reason I tend to come around TNI much anymore. no new video game figs that interest me lately either, altho the motorized patriot from Bioshock Infinite has my eye, however I saw its pricetag of 30 bucks now kind of makes me not want it. Did they just decide to start upping the price on figs now? I saw arkham city's Solomon Grundy is 80-90 bucks... WTF is that all about? Next we ll be getting Marvel Select figures at a low low price of 30 bucks as a standard.

I've been playing Injustice a lot. So far, I like it quite a bit.

I've been working on the achievements for the game. For some reason, I can't get "Metahuman" (Perform every special move of every character) or "Around and around we go" (Perform every level interaction once) to complete. I've done everything with every character...every normal special move, all of their character powers, every supermove...I just can't get it to complete.

Aside from that, I've been having fun with the STAR lab missions.

I've tried online a bit...enough to get a few of the achievements. This is where my big complaint is. The lag in this game is no worse than MK9, and I played the heck out of that game online, but this game seems...faster. The timing on juggle combos seems a lot stricter, and if you go against someone who is using a character who is projectile heavy (Deathstroke)...forget it. It's also really hard to punish after blocking a string from your opponent online. The lag is really frustrating to deal with if you want to play the game as it should be played...

Oh...the other thing I forgot to mention is that I seem to be mentally handicapped when it comes to blocking in this game. I can't seem to get the hang of using back to block. I've played plenty of fighting games where this is the standard, but for some reason, in this game, I constantly find myself holding RT, trying to block, getting my ass handed to me, because it's enough like MK that my brain has been trained to use the trigger to block. It drives me crazy. @lol@

I used to watch a lot of the MK tournaments on youtube, and these same people were always at the top of the competition. Watching them play, it was obvious that they were some of the best out there, but I never really felt like they were doing things that most good players couldn't do...they were just better at reading their opponent. After watching these same people play injustice, these guys are freaks when it comes to reaction time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbdPwqG5qbU

DJ, Ive noticed you ve been on playing ALOT of injustice haha. I enjoy it very much, I need to play more online. I think a good character that will help counter act the annoyance of deathstroke will be the main man, LOBO.. hes got alot of shotgun moves and he uses his chain hook. hes definitely going to be fun to play as ands hes coming out soon! MAY 7th!.

DJ, Ive noticed you ve been on playing ALOT of injustice haha. I enjoy it very much, I need to play more online. I think a good character that will help counter act the annoyance of deathstroke will be the main man, LOBO.. hes got alot of shotgun moves and he uses his chain hook. hes definitely going to be fun to play as ands hes coming out soon! MAY 7th!.

@lol@ Ya, I have been playing it quite a bit.

I've already bought the season pass, so I can't wait for the DLC characters. :)

I've already bought the season pass, so I can't wait for the DLC characters. :)

haha I have as well, I just got too excited and was saving points in case I liked the characters and just said eff it, if i dont spend it on it now i ll end up buying a random game by the time they release everything.

been thinking of either grabbing tombraider or bioshock ... or maybe that tf game that came out a while ago but I've been waiting for some kind of sale I think the transformers game is still full price lol :S nothing ever goes on sale anymore ... I may have to crack

been thinking of either grabbing tombraider or bioshock ... or maybe that tf game that came out a while ago but I've been waiting for some kind of sale I think the transformers game is still full price lol :S nothing ever goes on sale anymore ... I may have to crack

I bought the new TF game back during black friday online for 30. I havent even opened it yet but i look forward to playing it haha. I would definitely recommend bioshock infinite. Its damn good. I have only played a small smidgeon of tomb raider and from what i played it was really good as well. Being a huge bioshock fan, I have to recommend it. I didnt quite like Columbia as much as Rapture but the city was still really neat and just like rapture, they made it feel believable like a real place that people actually lived in at that time period.

• 2 weeks later...

played bioshock for a few days its pretty fun I've come no where close to finishing it yet though ... I find it annoying when games don't have waypoints most of the time you can hit the button & it will give you an arrow showing you where to go but not always :S

I also like when the game doesnt tell you where to go. Its about figuring out where you need to be on your own. Altho there are certain circumstances where its almost needed when levels are too ridiculous to navigate through.

does anyone know how the save game option works for bioshocks ?... Cause I see little things that pop up that say its saving my progress or what not but if I quit the game it restarts me way way wayyyyyyyyyyyy back & I am tired of doing everything over again? How am i suppose to get anyplace if it won't save properly ?.. @grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@