Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

so anyone play tombraider yet?

I have on the pc.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& what do you think of it ????..... @smilepunch@ @loll@

so anyone play tombraider yet?

I have on the pc.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& what do you think of it ????..... @smilepunch@ @loll@

I like it better than all the previous TR games. It starts off fast. To clarify, in the previous titles, the players starts off in a "tutorial" area where in the game, Lara is told to practice or do whatever - this area of the game starts off slow. In the new one, she is smacked dabbed in a situation for her survival. While this part of the game is a tutorial to get gamers more familar with the controls and mechanics of the game (instructions pop up on the upper right hand of the screen), it doesn't play like a tutorial level. There are quite a few quick time events however. The tutorials in the game are like the Batman Arkham games.

My brother, who isn't a fan of the Tomb Raider games, really like the new one and has put in 19 hours in it. He plans to beat it.

one of the reasons I'm considering getting a PS4 despite the fact the console won't be compatible with ps2 and ps3 titles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdVdi49V9Y

You know Watchdogs is coming to current gen systems too, right? We havent got to see how much different it will be yet and how much of a difference graphically it will be.

one of the reasons I'm considering getting a PS4 despite the fact the console won't be compatible with ps2 and ps3 titles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGdVdi49V9Y

You know Watchdogs is coming to current gen systems too, right? We havent got to see how much different it will be yet and how much of a difference graphically it will be.

I was not aware that it was coming out for current gen consoles

mine is METAL GEAR RISING! And new dlc packs coming in the following months. yeah! it's true. I'v read about this...

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has received a lot of positive reviews since it was released less than a month ago, but one of the biggest criticisms is that the campaign is too short. Next month, Konami will remedy that with the help of Sam and Bladewolf.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will get two DLC packs this April for the PS3 and the Xbox 360. The packs will allow you to play as the swordsman Sam Rodrigues, aka Jetstream Sam, and the robotic canine LQ-84i or Bladewolf. Each character’s DLC pack...

the rest can be read at http://sgcafe.com/2013/03/play-jetstream-bladewolf-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-dlc/

Picture below is jetstream! Can't wait to use him. gggrrrr! what about you guys? Isn't this exciting?!

Jetstream2-359x500.jpg

Hey guys, havent posted much lately, just havent been much in the mood and been kinda busy. Been playing a ton of games lately, well a ton for me atleast. Work is kind of slow today so I thought I would mention a few games I've been playing recently and what I think of them.

Downloaded the newest map pack for Black Ops 2 (yeah I know nobody here plays it except for maybe Spystreak) and I've been playing the crap out of the new Die Rise zombie map. I love playing CoD Zombies, infact I wish it was it's own full, stand alone game. Just make it Treyarch,.

Rented Tomb Raider a few weeks ago, really a wonderfully rendered game. I was playing on the 360 in my bedroom on an SDTV and even then I thought it looked amazing. The game play was very solid too, I never really got into the series so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was fun.

Got a Windows 8 phone and Im really enjoying it. Mostly because I get achievements from playing games like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja added to my gamertag (yep, finally over 1000). Both those games are tons of fun too, but I think games that involve d-pads just dont work on touch screen. I don't know, but playing Earthworm Jim just didn't feel the same.

Redboxed the new God of War, really a good game, but feels a lot like the third one. Still a fun game, even if I have to explain to my wife why they have to show women's breasts in the game (my defense is always "I didn't design the game" and "It's just pixels") I noticed early on you can spam the grab and throw over and over and you can get through just about anything. Take that for what its worth, good or bad.

The new Gears of War is again, a good game and more of the same. So far a lot of the levels have felt the same, now I am not too deep into it, but it feels like just more and more corpses to grind (and is that really such a bad thing?) Good solid game, definately one to play with your buddies.

Played the new Metal Gear game too, a lot of fun and feels a lot like Ninja Gaiden. Not a bad thing at all, infact when I saw my brother playing it at first I mistook it for Ninja Gaiden, and that is a compliment! Definately a game I would be interested in picking up for myself, I'll just wait for the price to drop.

Now to round it all out, I preordered the new BioShock Infinite and man, I am excited for this one! I love BioShock, I love the environments in the first two and I look forward to the dramatic change from the underwater to the sky. Should be a blast to play and I am hoping for a compelling story.

Final thoughts, I am really looking forward to more and more news about the PS4 and 720. Now I myself won't be getting either when the first come out, but eventually I want to own both. As for the Wii U... I just havent seen anything that makes me want it. Short of a new Zelda title, I don't think I will be getting the Wii U anytime soon.

I am waiting on the next smash brothers to decide if I want it or not... altho it seems im less interested in wii u compared to their previous systems. Altho it is funny to note the only reason i wanted a gamecube/wii was for their smash bros counterparts as well haha. I do enjoy the mario titles as well but with all the hardcoreness of my other systems I tend to lose interest in the nintendo stuff. I surprised they didnt bring that one monster hunter title that was on the jap 360 over to the states. Sounds so perfect for the rest of the consoles to utilize. Maybe nintendo is trying to have monster hunter be a system exclusive considering its potential low sales that would ensure at least that japanese market since MH is VERY popular over there.

I am waiting on the next smash brothers to decide if I want it or not...

EvilHayato is waiting for a fighting game, what a shocker! That's almost as implausible as me waiting on a Call of Duty title! I will admit a new Mario title might be enough for me to get a WiiU also, but I would love a Zelda title much more by far.

EvilHayato is waiting for a fighting game, what a shocker! That's almost as implausible as me waiting on a Call of Duty title! I will admit a new Mario title might be enough for me to get a WiiU also, but I would love a Zelda title much more by far.

Hahaha well it is one of my top favorite crossover titles. I love all the nintendo characters and that game has always been a part of my history and its like a nintendo fans ultimate fan package. A new mario title would also sell me as long as it doesnt look stupid. Loved Galaxy because it felt more like mario64 than sunshine did. There is a zelda title theyve been hinting at that is a more mature take where it looks more realistic.

The is New Super Mario wiiu out - it was the wiiu's launch title. As for Zelda, the wiiu is getting a remake of Wind Waker

really digging the latest Gears Game except for the retro Lancer that gun is garbage

I've been playing Gears Judgement on multiplayer since it came out last Tuesday, and I'm still not really sure what I think. It seems like a completely different game, and in many ways, a step backwards.

They took so many things out of the game that made Gears of War, Gears of War...and gave it a unique feeling:

1 - No DBNO (Down but not out). Now, players just die. No more curb stomping. :(

2 - Only one main weapon and a snub pistol. This has given the game less diversity, as most players just choose the gnasher.

3 - No wall grenades. No more booby-trap fun.

4 - New match scoring has gave the game less of a sense of urgency. There are no longer matches that end with one or two people left on each team, because it's not based on lives left. Now it's just the first team to get 50 kills, so it's always 5 vs 5.

5 - No stopping power. If you are using the lancer, and go against someone with a gnasher, it's more than likely you'll get bull-charged and end up dead.

6 - Melee is now more effective than shooting.

7 - Explosion range seems to have been drastically reduced. You have to be practically standing on a grenade for it to kill you. The Mortar doesn't even seem to work.

8 - The game is no longer about using cover and positioning to win. Something caused this change...I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think it's a combination of the maps being bigger and more open, everyone running with a gnasher, and no stopping power. Very frequently I see entire teams out in the open, dominating maps. This never happened in the other gears games. It makes it feel more like Gears of War with a Halo twist.

9 - No active reloads. Even less strategy.

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting about, but these are the most noticeable to me.

Now, all of this said, I'm still having fun, but the game feels very dumbed-down, and more run and gun.

I've been playing Gears Judgement on multiplayer since it came out last Tuesday, and I'm still not really sure what I think. It seems like a completely different game, and in many ways, a step backwards.

They took so many things out of the game that made Gears of War, Gears of War...and gave it a unique feeling:

1 - No DBNO (Down but not out). Now, players just die. No more curb stomping. :(

2 - Only one main weapon and a snub pistol. This has given the game less diversity, as most players just choose the gnasher.

4 - New match scoring has gave the game less of a sense of urgency. There are no longer matches that end with one or two people left on each team, because it's not based on lives left. Now it's just the first team to get 50 kills, so it's always 5 vs 5.

5 - No stopping power. If you are using the lancer, and go against someone with a gnasher, it's more than likely you'll get bull-charged and end up dead.

7 - Explosion range seems to have been drastically reduced. You have to be practically standing on a grenade for it to kill you. The Mortar doesn't even seem to work.

8 - The game is no longer about using cover and positioning to win. Something caused this change...I'm not sure what it is exactly. I think it's a combination of the maps being bigger and more open, everyone running with a gnasher, and no stopping power. Very frequently I see entire teams out in the open, dominating maps. This never happened in the other gears games. It makes it feel more like Gears of War with a Halo twist.

I'm sure there are other things I'm forgetting about, but these are the most noticeable to me.

Now, all of this said, I'm still having fun, but the game feels very dumbed-down, and more run and gun.

Gotta say i didnt know they changed that much about judgement... i kind of feel its good i skipped it. I will eventually buy it but at a cheap pricetag. Gears has always been a day one buy for me but i felt turned off by judgments existence. I feel its unneeded and just too soon since 3. Also 3s campaign kind of sucked compared to 1 and 2. I didnt feel like they could improve upon the games with a prequel and so soon after 3.

I have to say I am getting super HYPED over MK produced DC fighter Injustice:gods among us. It just looks so badass and fun to play. I cant wait for april 16. yaaay! and yep its a fighting game...

really digging the latest Gears Game except for the retro Lancer that gun is garbage

the lack of Curb stomping was my only real complaint (but if I want to stomp things to death I'll just play any of the deadspace games) I only had it for three days so I never dived into Multiplayer I hardly ever do with rented games

The is New Super Mario wiiu out - it was the wiiu's launch title. As for Zelda, the wiiu is getting a remake of Wind Waker

That would be enough for me to get the wiiu.

When I said a new Mario title, I don't mean the Super Mario Bros games, I mean like Mario Galaxy or something. Ive heard rumblings about a new Zelda, but I would need to see it to believe it. WiiU just feels like its not a big enough step forward. The graphics look like current gen consoles, and they STILL don't play blu rays, can they even play DVD's? I understand some people just don't care about that, but it's annoying that it can't play it on my current Wii. Plus nintendo titles seem to fall flat for me, save for the big inhouse titles, I don't really play Wii.

Been playing more and more Gears, it's been a lot of fun, but I dunno, something about it just feels off. Dunno if anyone here watches 10 For The Win, but they did an episode about the new Gears game. Steve goes "Oh man, I LOVE Gears, I can't wait to play as Marcus Pheonix!" and Larsen says "You don't play as Marcus, you play as Baird" and Steve just replies a dissappointed "Oh..." That summed up exactily how I felt. The game is fine, but it seems to be the exact same thing over and over. Level starts with a bunch of guns and ammo and you can choose to do that extra mode to make it harder, then start the game, survive the wave, and onto the next ammo and gun filled check point. Lather, rinse, and repeat. I will rent it for one more night then I am out of redbox free game rentals.

Anyone else here getting BioShock? I ordered mine from Bestbuy but it wont be here till Thursday.

When I said a new Mario title, I don't mean the Super Mario Bros games, I mean like Mario Galaxy or something. Ive heard rumblings about a new Zelda, but I would need to see it to believe it. WiiU just feels like its not a big enough step forward. The graphics look like current gen consoles, and they STILL don't play blu rays, can they even play DVD's? I understand some people just don't care about that, but it's annoying that it can't play it on my current Wii. Plus nintendo titles seem to fall flat for me, save for the big inhouse titles, I don't really play Wii.

Thats what I meant too, I like any mario title, but the real fun for me was the Galaxy series. It felt more like mario 64 which brought back some nice memories. The new mario bros games are fun but i feel like they are getting played out. They dont do 3d platforming mario that much so it still feels new.

I have to say I am getting super HYPED over MK produced DC fighter Injustice:gods among us. It just looks so badass and fun to play. I cant wait for april 16. yaaay! and yep its a fighting game...

Just looked this game up...it's the first I had heard about it, and I think this will most likely be a game that I will be buying. It's looks pretty awesome...and this is coming from someone who isn't really a big DC guy...