Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Soooooooo tomorrow is the big playstation announcement... that is obviously going to be the next playstation.... ala PS4... anyone stoked about it? Looking forward to it? I personally am not ready for the next generation systems. This Gen has been incredibly accommodative to my needs and im still working on my backlog games for both systems. I also dont feel the need to shell out another 4 hundo on new hardware. One thing that irks me about this current gen is they dont think about the backwards compatibility. Sure they want to charge for the same games you already own but if they allowed for disc based BC it would allow an easier push to upgrade to their next gen hardware. I fear the current trend of charging for past gen games is the only way they are going to go. If they can make money off it they see no need to change it. I personally dont like having a billion different generation systems laying around. I like keeping it all in one place on one or two systems. I am excited to see what they have to offer but I feel like it wont be enough to convince me to get it(them) right away. I like to wait a year after launches anyways to allow them to get their kinks out.. i.e. red ring/bulky ps3s were messing up I forget what tho.

just like you, i am ok withmy ps3 right now. cant wait to see the new ps4 though. well it all depends what game comes out with it. i try not to jump on it right away because a year later it is less expensive. then again i cant behave my self and will get it anyway. maybe my girlfriend and i will buy for us for christmas depending the price also.

i started dead space 3 and its ok for now. great views like always but the creatures seem freaking fast. am i out of touch and reflexes or are they really faster than before? lol

i started dead space 3 and its ok for now. great views like always but the creatures seem freaking fast. am i out of touch and reflexes or are they really faster than before? lol

Id imagine they are faster because they are approaching the game as if you are playign with a second player so it has to be more frantic instead of oh theres one randomly .... 5 mins later oh theres another one.. Its a co op shooter now.. no longer pure survival horror.. plenty of ammo and such.

There is alot of things that could go wrong with this next generation of consoles. One being lack of transferring our current set of games and downloadable titles to the new systems. Another would be lack of a physical disc drive where it requires a good net connection and download only games. I am a fan of phsyical copies with a touch of downloadables... I dont want a clusterf@#k of downloadables sitting on my HDD taking up much needed space for others.. thats severely limiting and would most likely mean i would have to delete and possibly redownload games to make up for space for new stuff. There is alot that could go wrong with this next gen stuff. It damn well better not disappoint.

This was only a reveal conference. Everything is still very much WIP and very tentative in what will be final products. Im sure Sony hasnt even figured out what its going to look like yet. What bothers me is I just found out that its not going to be backwards compatible with any previous systems including anything you bought on PSN right now, YET the cloud will allow you to REBUY them and use them....>??? how the hell does that make any sense? There is a disc drive but its only good for ps4 games? so stupid. I like having the option to unify my system and play past generation favorite games instead of having to bust out multiple older systems just to play them. What drives me more insane is the fact that even the digital titles, some I even REBOUGHT that I had the originals on previous systems, I will have to rebuy in order to "unify" my stuff to play on ps4. Now if this rumor about the next XBOX being always connected to the internet is true, I am going to have a tough time deciding if I want to buy ANY of these systems for this generation. They are literally shitting on their customers/fans.

As long as the next Xbox is fully backwards compatible with 360, and that includes the gamertags and downloaded games then I'm on board. It also needs to be able to play used games. If it doesn't do those things then I'm holding out for Dreamcast 2. biggrin.gif

I am right there with you Rockzilla. I really really really really hope that the next Xbox has BC and allows me to play my downloaded titles and I will have my system. There is a rumor that the new Xbox will be always online.... which im not a fan of if thats true. I would be alittle more ok with it if they keep the system BC. I hope the new xbox allows you to still play your marketplace purchases as I have a lot more downloaded games on my 360 than my ps3.

Apparently the PS4 will allow you to play used games. They seriously act like used games are almost as bad if not worse than pirating games. I understand they dont like other companies getting revenue for their stuff, but they could go about it a better way then just say nope thats your copy and thats it. Some people dont care about their games after they beat them and allowing to sell them back (however little they get) still goes back to the companies when they use it to buy a new system or games. Sony/Microsoft could make a program where you can send in your games for money or hell credit to go towards a new game, etc. But you know that costs too much money... you know not the millions of dollars that gamestop got solely for their trading and selling of used games.

I would love a Dreamcast 2 with all of todays fixens. Ashame the market today isnt like it was during the DC time. Companies like Capcom were able to experiment and make new IPs without feeling like they failed if the game didnt meet the sales expectations. It was like the experiment console where they just put out any and all games and they ended up being amazing. Nowadays if a game doesnt sell, it shuts the whole studio down. I have a feeling the Ouya will be similar to the dreamcast in that regard. Cheap and affordable with indie and major devs on board.

This was only a reveal conference. Everything is still very much WIP and very tentative in what will be final products. Im sure Sony hasnt even figured out what its going to look like yet. What bothers me is I just found out that its not going to be backwards compatible with any previous systems including anything you bought on PSN right now, YET the cloud will allow you to REBUY them and use them....>??? how the hell does that make any sense? There is a disc drive but its only good for ps4 games? so stupid. I like having the option to unify my system and play past generation favorite games instead of having to bust out multiple older systems just to play them. What drives me more insane is the fact that even the digital titles, some I even REBOUGHT that I had the originals on previous systems, I will have to rebuy in order to "unify" my stuff to play on ps4. Now if this rumor about the next XBOX being always connected to the internet is true, I am going to have a tough time deciding if I want to buy ANY of these systems for this generation. They are literally shitting on their customers/fans.

damn,.. really? that is one thing I was hoping for.. that the PS4 would play PS3 games and PSN games that I have purchased.

didn't Sony realize that tons of folks loved the backwards compatibility of the first PS3 and still pay a little extra for them on ebay?

As long as the next Xbox is fully backwards compatible with 360, and that includes the gamertags and downloaded games then I'm on board. It also needs to be able to play used games. If it doesn't do those things then I'm holding out for Dreamcast 2. biggrin.gif

Dreamcast 2 I like the sound of that

damn,.. really? that is one thing I was hoping for.. that the PS4 would play PS3 games and PSN games that I have purchased.

didn't Sony realize that tons of folks loved the backwards compatibility of the first PS3 and still pay a little extra for them on ebay?

A reason they took out the PS2 BC function in earlier models of PS3s... they wanted to profit off of it. They like to say that it was just too expensive to produce buuuuut then they go ahead and start selling digital PS2 games like its a new thing and as if what they said never happened. Its pretty ironic. What do you know you for this next gen that nothing is BC with the PS4 not even peripherals. YET it looks like you can buy all of that again using the cloud service. People like to say the microsoft likes to nickel and dime you, but sony does it way worse, people just dont realize it for some reason. Also if you didnt know(because ive actually had to tell friends this and they had NO idea bc sony doesnt make it well known) you can play original PS1 discs on any PS3. It works very well and you can even pseudo enhance them like you could on PS2.

This whole lack of BC doesnt fully affect me as Ive used my 360 as my primary console but I do have some PSN titles and favorite games on my PS3 that I wouldve liked to have transferred over if the PS4 was BC but now it seems I probably wont be getting it. At least not for a while. Heres really really really hoping that the next xbox doesnt let me down and allows BC of at least the downloadable games.

alright I defended the aliens colonoial marines I could handle the last gen graphics and piss poor lip syncing for the characters but that ending ruined it for me it wasn't just poorly done it contradicts the film series one of the biggest wastes of time and money I've ever put in my 360 I'm just glad I didn't pay more to get the collector's edition

alright I defended the aliens colonoial marines I could handle the last gen graphics and piss poor lip syncing for the characters but that ending ruined it for me it wasn't just poorly done it contradicts the film series one of the biggest wastes of time and money I've ever put in my 360 I'm just glad I didn't pay more to get the collector's edition

You had been warned by just about everyone in the world at how terribad it was. Even fanboy ignorance cant argue with that. :P

You had been warned by just about everyone in the world at how terribad it was. Even fanboy ignorance cant argue with that. :P

think I've learned my lesson now no matter how long I wait for it a vaporware game being picked up by gearbox studios will never be a good investment

think I've learned my lesson now no matter how long I wait for it a vaporware game being picked up by gearbox studios will never be a good investment

I dont know about never, Gearbox is an awesome developer just as long as its not already 6 years or so in development BEFORE they get ahold of it as well as as long as they are the ONLY studio developing the titles. As long are the sole developrs, things are good. haha. Altho I didnt take you saying "being picked up" as finishing what another dev started. I took it as they getting a property they dont own such as Aliens, Ninja Turtles, Robocop, etc etc. If what you mean is the first part then yeahhhhh I would be weary but wouldnt rule out just yet. They have 2 strikes so far.. let it go for a third before they are out. haha.

I dont know about never, Gearbox is an awesome developer just as long as its not already 6 years or so in development BEFORE they get ahold of it as well as as long as they are the ONLY studio developing the titles. As long are the sole developrs, things are good. haha. Altho I didnt take you saying "being picked up" as finishing what another dev started. I took it as they getting a property they dont own such as Aliens, Ninja Turtles, Robocop, etc etc. If what you mean is the first part then yeahhhhh I would be weary but wouldnt rule out just yet. They have 2 strikes so far.. let it go for a third before they are out. haha.

I meant when they pick up titles from other developers I haven't really played any of their original games yet but I do have Borderlands somewhere in my game collection

Well I have a PSP vita now. I thought I'd never buy another Sony product again after PS2. I'm really enjoying it so far. I bought it just for Persona 4 Golden, but I'm really enjoying old downlodable games like Megaman Maverick Hunter X. I never had the original PSP so MMMHX is new to me.

Maverick Hunter was one of the better Megaman titles... along with megaman powered up that came out around the same time on the psp... an excellent mm title where you could play as the bosses as well as make your own levels.