Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

what all is coming out ?..

dead space 3

tombraider

??...

BIOSHOCK INFINITE... thats all you need.

I got tired of beating up on the thugs of Arkham City, so I was hungry for the Old Days.....I was feening for some Shining Force or Phantasy Star from my Sega Days of long ago....Sadly at first I heard that you could only access those games online through Xbox Live but times have changed, thank god. I had no idea that Sega released their multi-game pack that had about 25 games on it, most of which are horribly bad compared to nowadays, sooo after one quick round of Altered Beast (sucktastic) and at least to stage 2 on Streets of Rage 2, very cool it held up well, I always wanted to be a shirtless mayor of a uncontrollable big city who uses a large pipe to smack some sense back into wilding thugs.....anewayyys So I finally started Shining Force my gf wasn't impressed w/the game itself and I laughed, I told her how much time I spent playing it the summer it came out, many hours lost building up my levels on my guys, it had such a weird hodgepodge of characters for the lineup......I'm into the 2nd chapter now and loving it all over again. I'm taking my time and perfecting the art of coaching my team.....can't wait to plug into Phantasy Star series next....

Hasn't Gears always had a two weapon limit? Not including your pistol and grenades.

yeah you essentially have 2 main guns a pistol and grenades in Gears 1-3. So this limit doesnt sound any different, if at all a big change if you have 2 instead of 3, which IMO most of the pistols sucked and were worthless except for the boltok pistol, which i love getting headshots with.

Hasn't Gears always had a two weapon limit? Not including your pistol and grenades.

Pretty much, but now you can't hold a pistol anymore. You have to drop your rifle or shotty if you want a boltak,gorgon or snub. Although I think the Gorgon has been removed because the Gears 1 Hammerburst is back. AFAIK grenades can be quick fired now, I'm not sure if you can aim em like the old days. The gameplay videos also make the rifles look overpowered. I prefer running and gunning with the gnasher.

I was pretty disappointed in Gears 3 Campaign compared to 1 and 2s campaigns. It felt kind of boring and for the first half of it all you fought were kamikaze imulsion induced enemies. That was extremely annoying and killed alot of the fun of the combat. The Deathmatch modes have always been pretty stellar though since they get their roots from unreal tournament which always had amazing DM options. Its pretty awesome to see that there is still one game that allows you to play MP with bots. Thats something no other game does, not even halo.

Gears of War Judgement should be coming out in March. Honestly I'm not all that hyped for it. A two weapon limit has been put on this game like COD. They took locusts out of all muli-player modes but Overrun, so it will be red vs. blue Bairds.

I can see why there's a two weapon limit in games like call of duty or medal of honor since it's trying to be an accurate modern warfare type of game and soldiers in the field reportedly don't carry three or four guns at at a time due to weight & ammo concerns but a two weapon limit doesn't have a reason to be in a sci fi type game where your fighting aliens,robots,demons or cyborgs that take several bursts from an automtic weapon to bring them down.

Gears of War Judgement should be coming out in March. Honestly I'm not all that hyped for it. A two weapon limit has been put on this game like COD. They took locusts out of all muli-player modes but Overrun, so it will be red vs. blue Bairds.

I can see why there's a two weapon limit in games like call of duty or medal of honor since it's trying to be an accurate modern warfare type of game and soldiers in the field reportedly don't carry three or four guns at at a time due to weight & ammo concerns but a two weapon limit doesn't have a reason to be in a sci fi type game where your fighting aliens,robots,demons or cyborgs that take several bursts from an automtic weapon to bring them down.

Theyve been doing it in HALO since the beginning. I guess its just to keep things interesting and constantly have to grab ammo or change up your weapon layout.

Anyone here try out Marvel: War of Heroes for iPhone or Android? It can get addicting, but the freemium model makes it so you don't advance as much as you'd like. If anyone is interested in trying it out, use my invite code #bqb553475. Once you've completed the tutorial you can enter that code and get a free Jean Grey rare card.

Theyve been doing it in HALO since the beginning. I guess its just to keep things interesting and constantly have to grab ammo or change up your weapon layout.

true but I'm the kind of player who likes to have three weapons one for long range another for armored targets and then a handgun for close up

true but I'm the kind of player who likes to have three weapons one for long range another for armored targets and then a handgun for close up

Then you wouldnt like Halo. haha.

Then you wouldnt like Halo. haha.

that's the only thing I don't like about halo well that and the lack of iron sights on the guns

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this thread slowly dying? Its one of the only threads that tends to entertain me. Most figs lately are either too expensive, arent that good, or just not that interesting to me and its usually the latter. So all I have to fall back on is video games and video game figs. There havent been that big of releases lately so I guess that could be it. I saw a 11 min intro to the new lara croft game. Looks like they are makign the game more of a stealthy platformer shooter. Less tomb raidy and more solid snakey. Still looks fun, just not what you would expect. Not like what Uncharted does at least.

A side note: if anyone has an iphone or an ipod touch and doesn't have infinity blade, it is currently free for a few days so I would highly suggest downloading it. It is only compatible with 4 and above though.

apparently Aliens colonial marines is getting bad reviews personally I don't care I'm a big fan of the aliens movie except that rubbish Prometheus so I'll end up liking the game

apparently Aliens colonial marines is getting bad reviews personally I don't care I'm a big fan of the aliens movie except that rubbish Prometheus so I'll end up liking the game

Its had some seriously bad development problems. Its been in development for 6 years and has been passed around and reconfigured by a few different devs. Gearbox worked on it for a while and did some excellent things and then sent it to Time Gate to finish it so that GB could focus on Borderlands 2. The amazing gameplay video that we all saw a while ago was what Gearbox did. Timegate decided to take all of the assets GB did and redo everything from scratch. The stuff Timegate did ended up being awful and in all sorts of directions. TG later sent what they did to GB and GB kept having the games due date be prolonged due to their problems with TG and Colonial Mariens development problems. Sega started to get mad with it being behind schedule. GB knew that the final product that TG gave them was poo but with lack of time to fix it and a risk of going to court from SEGA, they had to ship the poo knowing that they couldn't do anything about it. From everything I've read the game is a bunch of cookie cutter ideas that is utterly unbearable to play. The game that GB had in mind actually had a well thought out campaign structure and bosses. What TG did took all the good parts out and made their own craptacular ingredients. Its kind of Duke Nukem Forever all over again for them. That was a similar story. at least borderlands 2 was a monster hit for them. :/

Colonial marines is dog $hit. I was going to ignore the critics like I usually do, but they were actually right this time. I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever and RE6 which critics both hated, but those games didn't have major bugs and god awful enemy ai like Aliens CM does. The graphics in Colonial marines is terrible, I usually don't complain about graphics, but since Gearbox showed off those awesome looking demos I will complain this time. This game looks like a Wii game at best. The Xenomorphs are the inbreds from AVPR, that is how dumb and weak they are in this game.

F*ck Gearbox I hope SEGA sues their asses.

Colonial marines is dog $hit. I was going to ignore the critics like I usually do, but they were actually right this time. I enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever and RE6 which critics both hated, but those games didn't have major bugs and god awful enemy ai like Aliens CM does. The graphics in Colonial marines is terrible, I usually don't complain about graphics, but since Gearbox showed off those awesome looking demos I will complain this time. This game looks like a Wii game at best. The Xenomorphs are the inbreds from AVPR, that is how dumb and weak they are in this game.

F*ck Gearbox I hope SEGA sues their asses.

Complain to Timegate for the graphics, they are the ones that redid the awesomeness that you originally saw with the turd you eventually played. They should never have put it off to Timegate and allow them full control of development. Section 8 series of games are horrible turds.. that shouldve been a big hint to GB and not give them something as awesome as the aliens license.

I wanted to get aliens. I had it in my hands but then again i thought that the last time i played a good alien game was on the psone. So i put it back. Came home and watched some reviews and a lot of people said it was lame. I made the right choice. Once the prices drop i will sure get it. I got dead space for valentines day. I havent played it yet since i am a little sick and weak right now but next week. I'll be back to kick some necro's :-D