Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/21/nra-blames-violent-entertainment-for-shootings-eca-responds

Don't ya just love all the finger pointing people do in America? I guess having a scapegoat is easier than telling the truth. Why can't people accept the reality of mental illnesses and the failure of parents in this country?

because most people are rents you think they are going to take the blame them self ?.. heck no lol

No one ever takes responsibility for their own actions and failures... they always point the finger at something/someone else. This is a funny example but look at all the talk shows like Jerry Springer and Maury, where they are getting accused of cheating, impregnating, etc and they always say whateva, whateva, its not mine, i love you baby, and they almost always are found guilty of it. No one wants to say yeah youre right i suck as a parent, how can you help me be a better one? They never ask for help, they ll just keep doing the same sh!t theyve always been doing. Its pretty annoying too. Most people in this country are selfish asshats that only care about themselves over others. The holidays are even worse. There is never any kind of kindness most of the time. People are out for blood to get that elmo! so sad.

No one ever takes responsibility for their own actions and failures... they always point the finger at something/someone else. This is a funny example but look at all the talk shows like Jerry Springer and Maury, where they are getting accused of cheating, impregnating, etc and they always say whateva, whateva, its not mine, i love you baby, and they almost always are found guilty of it. No one wants to say yeah youre right i suck as a parent, how can you help me be a better one? They never ask for help, they ll just keep doing the same sh!t theyve always been doing. Its pretty annoying too. Most people in this country are selfish asshats that only care about themselves over others. The holidays are even worse. There is never any kind of kindness most of the time. People are out for blood to get that elmo! so sad.

Yeah thats exactly how I feel. The talk show example also works another way, and that is when the subject is something like my pre-teen dresses too slutty. How could a parent complain when more than likely they bought those clothes for her in the first place? Since when do pre-teens have a source of income other than their parents? The same logic applies for when parents buy an 8 year old an M-rated game, and then flip out over how violent it is. @hmmm@

Now some Rockerfeller a-hole politicians wants to look into violent video games, he even makes the same old claim that these games are marketed towards children, even though they are not.

R-rated movies on the other hand used to do some marketing for children, but now that is forbidden.

This is awesome.

hahah that was awesome and super huge for that time! It is funny that sometimes M rated titles do end up getting directed towards kids. I always loved mortal kombat and when it first came out i was about 11 or 12 when the first one hit my arcade. I loved the series and even used to draw and reenact fatalities. I even made them into cartoons in clay and had a scorpion hold my clay tools in his chest with cartoon blood all over and him making a "ooooh" face. This was also around the time when I was playing DOOM on my pc. I turned out fine. I knew what the difference was from real life violence and video game violence. Its fun to imagine situations in a sci fi type of way but never in a real life psychotic way. Some people these days just dont understand that. My other point is they did try to market MK towards kids because that was most of their audience at the beginning. There wasnt as many adults playing video games as there is today since we all grew up in the video games prime. They even had a horrible cartoon show i used to watch when i was younger. It was very toned down but even still its humorous to see that these characters, who normally rip each other apart, are now a team fighting bad guys and yelling their key slogans from the games like Jax's "gotcha" and "flawless victory" haha.

Yeah it seems like R rated movies and Mature games would both do some marketing for kids back in the 80's and 90's. Nowadays they both seem to stray away from that. I particularly loved Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage when I was 10. Hell I still love them now.

hahah that was awesome and super huge for that time! It is funny that sometimes M rated titles do end up getting directed towards kids. I always loved mortal kombat and when it first came out i was about 11 or 12 when the first one hit my arcade. I loved the series and even used to draw and reenact fatalities. I even made them into cartoons in clay and had a scorpion hold my clay tools in his chest with cartoon blood all over and him making a "ooooh" face. This was also around the time when I was playing DOOM on my pc. I turned out fine. I knew what the difference was from real life violence and video game violence. Its fun to imagine situations in a sci fi type of way but never in a real life psychotic way. Some people these days just dont understand that. My other point is they did try to market MK towards kids because that was most of their audience at the beginning. There wasnt as many adults playing video games as there is today since we all grew up in the video games prime. They even had a horrible cartoon show i used to watch when i was younger. It was very toned down but even still its humorous to see that these characters, who normally rip each other apart, are now a team fighting bad guys and yelling their key slogans from the games like Jax's "gotcha" and "flawless victory" haha.

Those shows on USA were the best.

I particularly loved Mortal Kombat and Primal Rage when I was 10. Hell I still love them now.

I DO TOO!! I would say I really wish they had continued PR2 but from what Ive seen on the direction they were headed it was alot weirder and less dinosaur oriented. And I feel thats what gave the game its charm. You were hulking beasts fighting each other in a primal arena to the death. PR2 had human avatars that you primarily played as instead dinosaurs however with certain super moves/combos, you could turn into their respective dinosaurs for that animation... which is just dumb. I would love to see a form of PR reboot someday. I want to digitally sculpt Vertigo and possibly redesign her for shits and giggles. Also that new MK was so the bees knees.. bought the MK Kollection just recently on xbox and good god i forgot how merciless the AI can be after the first few fights.. and on easy no less.

Those shows on USA were the best.

They were pretty awful. I actually own the SF series on DVD and since the MK series hasnt been officially released on DVD i have them downloaded on my computer and modded original xbox. I still watch them from time to time when I want to sleep. haha. They did have their moments though but the animation and dialogue were pretty horrendous. I love their intense battles where they hit the enemies once and they are down. There is never a real fight, its literally a one hit attack and done. And Sonya is ever so annoying.... ITS KOMBAT TIME! hahaha ohhh the 90s... I miss your cheesiness.

The best part of that article is that they are still pointing the fingers at the same games they have pointed at for YEARS...Mortal Kombat, GTA. There are more popular games, that depict violence in a much more real way. Just goes to show the people making these accusations really know nothing of the gaming industry, or about games in general, and are just grasping at straws and parroting the same thing we have heard time and time again.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/21/nra-blames-violent-entertainment-for-shootings-eca-responds

Don't ya just love all the finger pointing people do in America? I guess having a scapegoat is easier than telling the truth. Why can't people accept the reality of mental illnesses and the failure of parents in this country?

what a joke the only thing that should be blammed is the shooter I played all the violent games when I was a child Doom,Quake Turok,Mortal Kombat and Duke Nukem 3D and I've never gone out and started shooting people

http://www.ign.com/a...gs-eca-responds

what a joke the only thing that should be blammed is the shooter I played all the violent games when I was a child Doom,Quake Turok,Mortal Kombat and Duke Nukem 3D and I've never gone out and started shooting people

Yeah I think we all did. Yet some people still fail to realize that millions of other gamers exist, and they have not went on shooting sprees.

I think that is their main problem, they dont realize how many people already play and have played many violent video games both past and present. Granted our games growing up werent nearly as realistic as todays but even still we knew the difference between fantasy and reality. We know that we dont have extra lives and once somethings dead its dead.

The only thing I can even fathom that violent video games would be any kind of influence in violent behavior is a few factors. 1) The kid never stops playing them, like we re talking as much time as we take to sleep the kid is playing them and then some (ive been known to do a few long hour game runs from time to time) 2) violent household where the kid has inner anger issues 3) is already mentally unstable and cant control their urges... and even with all that its severely stretching the plausibility of it all.

To hurt/kill another requires no remorse, no self worth, no care about anyone or themselves. Just mindless slaughter and rage. They arent pretending to shoot enemy soldiers or do combo moves. They are just outright gunning people down. There is no influence from games. I remember when I was younger, going outside with friends and pretending I was in the games, but it was all my imagination, never once thought it was real.

http://www.ign.com/a...gs-eca-responds

Yeah I think we all did. Yet some people still fail to realize that millions of other gamers exist, and they have not went on shooting sprees.

they've been blaming videogames for almost all the shootings since columbine there was a case in quebec back in 06 where a goth kid shot several people with a 9mm carbine after being bullied and most of the reporters blamed videogames and marilyn manson's music strangely they didn't blame guns for that one just everything else that wasn't truly responsible

so according to an Xbox achievement I'm a black ops 2 master after beating the game on hardened

But I never see you on multiplayer!

BTW, I got your request on my 360 for joining your youtube something? I really wasnt sure what it said, and I didnt see anything in the messages. WTF does that request you sent mean?

so according to an Xbox achievement I'm a black ops 2 master after beating the game on hardened

But I never see you on multiplayer!

BTW, I got your request on my 360 for joining your youtube something? I really wasnt sure what it said, and I didnt see anything in the messages. WTF does that request you sent mean?

I never sent a request I put up a beacon thing from xbox to my facebook account

I thought the beacons were pretty cool at first but now its got so annoying. Noone ever utilized them when i put them up and then when others put them up it would always pop up and confuse me like as if they sent me a game invite. Now I just turned all of mine off and still have others pop up when I game... never going to be able to get rid of them. oh well.

last one i enjoyed i think was out on snes lol

The one on SNES was a cheap imitation of the arcade game. It was as good as you could get at that time but compared to how good the arcade version was it wasnt up to snuff. I was a fan of the 3DO version and the first one on PC. Both of those you could use either a human with alot of artillery, alien which was mostly melee and could climb on walls, or a predator which had a good mixture of both tech and melee combat as well as sweet visualizers like heat vision. The PC one had deathmatch that was rather interesting but i think was a bit uneven. I thought it was funny that when you started out as the alien in DM you are a facehugger and had to find a human player and take them over in order to be an adult alien. Added alot of skill to play them.

anyone else looking forward to the new aliens game in febuary?

Yes!

Gearbox has a pretty good reputation, and the gameplay looks good. The game also has split-screen which is an important feature to me. Frick Dead Space 3. I'll wait for that game to hit $10.

anyone else looking forward to the new aliens game in febuary?

Yes!

Gearbox has a pretty good reputation, and the gameplay looks good. The game also has split-screen which is an important feature to me. Frick Dead Space 3. I'll wait for that game to hit $10.

I'm skiping Dead space 3 entirely I like the storyline to dead space but I don't care for the gameplay at all