Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

bought modern warfare 3 at zellers since it was on their going out of buisness sale but the woman there was a well I can't repeat the word here but it starts with an upper case C and ends with a T! before I take the game to the till I'm checking out the microsoft cards since theres some map packs I need to get for MW3 I ask her do you guys have any of the 1400 microsoft cards and then with the most vicious pitbull growly voice she says we don't have any microsoft cards. and so I turn their display and point to the microsoft cards and say then what are these? and she goes well we have Xbox cards so I take a deep breath before I start yelling something out and ask her politely if she had any of the ones priced at the 20 dollar mark and she goes that's all we got in a snarky voice and at this point the vain in my neck is throbbing and I'm starting to grind my teeth so before I go crazy and get sent to jail for decapitating someone with a karate chop @twisted@ I pay for it and get the hell out of there but damn man they should have an extra this employee treated me like crap 50% discount like my life isn't crappy enough without some half woman half bulldog talking down to me <_<

soooo just beat all of RE6s campaigns except for Adas... and i must say they werent that good. I am not giving out any spoilers so dont worry about that. Chris' last chapter was obnoxious as hell to beat. The whole climbing mechanic in the game where you re hitting left trigger and right trigger in general is ridiculous but is especially bad in Jakes last chapter where it didnt seem to ever work right. Alot of this game is predictable and extremely overly dramatic which saddens me alittle. Def not digging it. I miss the days of surviving the horror and having actual puzzles to figure out and to be able to actually PAUSE the game to change my inventory and mix herbs. Why for f@#ks sake would they ever think not being able to check your inventory and pause the action/pause the game in general was a good idea to have? It gets quite annoying when fighting a boss that is on your ass and you have no life left and herbs that need to be mixed. Sorry if my ranting is annoying and all.. but i feel this is the best place for me to vent my frustrations. I dont get this very often with games.

soooo just beat all of RE6s campaigns except for Adas... and i must say they werent that good. I am not giving out any spoilers so dont worry about that. Chris' last chapter was obnoxious as hell to beat. The whole climbing mechanic in the game where you re hitting left trigger and right trigger in general is ridiculous but is especially bad in Jakes last chapter where it didnt seem to ever work right. Alot of this game is predictable and extremely overly dramatic which saddens me alittle. Def not digging it. I miss the days of surviving the horror and having actual puzzles to figure out and to be able to actually PAUSE the game to change my inventory and mix herbs. Why for f@#ks sake would they ever think not being able to check your inventory and pause the action/pause the game in general was a good idea to have? It gets quite annoying when fighting a boss that is on your ass and you have no life left and herbs that need to be mixed. Sorry if my ranting is annoying and all.. but i feel this is the best place for me to vent my frustrations. I dont get this very often with games.

dont worry, i am in the same boat. usually i play resident evil from the first day till the end. part 4 i kept going all night and finished it in 2 days. part 5 i finished in two days also and played the gold edition 3 times. as for part 6 i havent touched it since i have to beat the final boss with a knife. thats how interested i am in it. same thing happend with mission racoon city. started it and mehh. not my thing anymore. i dont know how often i died with chris when you had to run from the final boss at the end and suddenly the camera changed from back to front. chris just went anywhere just not where i wanted him to go, lol. yeah well i guess when part 7 comes then i buy it on discount.

dont worry, i am in the same boat. usually i play resident evil from the first day till the end. part 4 i kept going all night and finished it in 2 days. part 5 i finished in two days also and played the gold edition 3 times. as for part 6 i havent touched it since i have to beat the final boss with a knife. thats how interested i am in it. same thing happend with mission racoon city. started it and mehh. not my thing anymore. i dont know how often i died with chris when you had to run from the final boss at the end and suddenly the camera changed from back to front. chris just went anywhere just not where i wanted him to go, lol. yeah well i guess when part 7 comes then i buy it on discount.

Yeah that whole running scene in chris' last chapter was some of the worst design flaws of the game. I died so many times from cheap deaths and with the camera changing positions which then changed the control so as im running towards the camera holding down it changes to behind me and i end up running backwards while being chased... and die. worst designed boss fight ever. They are also about the comebacks in this game... nothing ever dies unless its been 'killed' at least 3 or more times... and then youre lucky if its dead. Normally thats totally cool, i love boss fights, but when it happens with everyones bosses it gets a bit monotonous and a little tedious. I actually thought of a drinking game for this game. you take a shot whenever there is a narrow miss, take a double shot everytime they crash something and do a car bomb whenever a boss comes back from the grave. That happens so much Id be wasted by chapter 3 of anyones campaign.

Yeah that whole running scene in chris' last chapter was some of the worst design flaws of the game. I died so many times from cheap deaths and with the camera changing positions which then changed the control so as im running towards the camera holding down it changes to behind me and i end up running backwards while being chased... and die.

Sorry but LOL this made me laugh so hard its not even funny :)

So I finished Ada's campaign in RE6 today. I was putting it off because supposedly this update will add co-op to her campaign, but I wanted to unlock her and Carla for Mercenaries quick. Overall I really enjoy RE6. I liked the Chris campaign, but its final boss was the weakest of all. The QTE with the knife sucked. Ada had a similarly bad QTE in chapter 3 against that chainsaw beast. QTEs utilizing the analog stick just SUCK. Those are the only teeth grinding moments I had with the game. The vehicle parts were a breeze for me and actually pretty fun, unlike the vehicle portions in Gears. guitar.gif

So I finished Ada's campaign in RE6 today. I was putting it off because supposedly this update will add co-op to her campaign, but I wanted to unlock her and Carla for Mercenaries quick. Overall I really enjoy RE6. I liked the Chris campaign, but its final boss was the weakest of all. The QTE with the knife sucked. Ada had a similarly bad QTE in chapter 3 against that chainsaw beast. QTEs utilizing the analog stick just SUCK. Those are the only teeth grinding moments I had with the game. The vehicle parts were a breeze for me and actually pretty fun, unlike the vehicle portions in Gears. guitar.gif

Alot of what you said surprises me. The things you say were annoying to you were actually nothing to me but the things you liked i hated with a passion. The Chris boss fight was complete and utter fail imo. The part with the knife QTE wasnt horrible after you figured out how to do it and the actual QTE wasnt hard. The camera change controls in the beginning of the fight is a very weak design flaw that has never happened to me in current gen games. QTE with analog stick is easy because you can use both sticks at the same time. Ive never had a problem with those. The type i hate are the ones that literally show up for a second and if you miss you die. I thought most of the vehicles parts were horrible, especially jakes part with the bike. They werent the worst ive played by any means but they were bad.

Glad i dont give a f@#k about mercenaries because they really chinsed that mode up. 3 levels at default, 2 of which are unlockable as you progress through the campaign and 3 of them are preorder dlc. They had 8 maps for RE5 and a few DLC ones. Thats just insane. Honestly im surprised mercenaries isnt just DLC in itself this time around. I must say tho, Agent Hunt sounds like a pretty interesting idea. Havent tried it out yet but it sounds kind of cool. Hopefully there is a choice where you can join friends games.

This game is weird when it comes to playing it single and co operative. There are parts that i can see being extremely annoying if played in co op and some parts i see being incredibly annoying playing solo. Its funny when Im playing with my buddy and he dies half the time it gives me the death credit instead of him which i never understood.

Im awaiting the co op DLC for Adas campaign before I progress any further but overall I really dont dig it compared to the past games. What disappoints me the most is the lack of wanting to play it over again, to want to upgrade my guns, and unlock other guns because that feature is completely non existent.

I think the analog stick on my controller is fucked up, so that might be why I had such trouble with those particular QTES. My brother also had trouble when we switched characters. He just played the last chapter of Chris with an old friend from middle school, and that guy somehow got passed the knife scene in one try, and this friend is usually pretty bad at games. Luckily I have all the mercenaries stages. I pre-ordered from Amazon and then I bought the other two stages from a seller in the UK for cheap. I think most people don't realize Xbox 360 dlc codes are usually region free.

a friend of mine will come tonight maybe we will play re6 a little. i want to see his opinion on it because he plays a lot of games.

the vehicule parts were lame compared to resident evil 5. when i was in the plane with chris i didnt even know what i had to shoot at. you just do it and you pass. shooting at that huge troll monster was easy to figure out but it wasnt really hard. in part 5 you had to shoot on specific regions. you had some trucks coming from left and right and a lot of bikes were also coming from everywhere. when you faced a troll you had to shoot his face then the tentacles on his back and so on not just shoot at his back a few times and done. it was a real battle in the previous one while it is just a walk in the park here. i like having vehicule moments in this game but they should be way more developed.

a friend of mine will come tonight maybe we will play re6 a little. i want to see his opinion on it because he plays a lot of games.

the vehicule parts were lame compared to resident evil 5. when i was in the plane with chris i didnt even know what i had to shoot at. you just do it and you pass. shooting at that huge troll monster was easy to figure out but it wasnt really hard. in part 5 you had to shoot on specific regions. you had some trucks coming from left and right and a lot of bikes were also coming from everywhere. when you faced a troll you had to shoot his face then the tentacles on his back and so on not just shoot at his back a few times and done. it was a real battle in the previous one while it is just a walk in the park here. i like having vehicule moments in this game but they should be way more developed.

oh yeah i forgot the biggest mindfuck for this game... the last chapter i believe of Leons you actually play over most of the first friggin chapter of the game... like the same damn thing over again... i was playing with my friend and was like... uhhh didnt we already do this? did the game mess up? wouldnt surprise me that this was planned considering all the other annoying design choices... .sure enough it was the last chapter because we ended up playing a boss we never played before... i mean cmon now. Alot felt more like filler to make the game seem extra long than it did to have real fun and substance. The other thing that was like this was playing over the other characters section of the same thing you did with the previous characters so that their stories tied together.. i dont want to play the same crap over again thats just stupid. Sorry im really ranting about this game.. so much of it pisses me off.

anyone play skylanders ?.. I am so impressed with that system not only do you have to buy the game but you can buy little action figures that you can plug into the game to play ... simply brilliant keeps them spending on the same game!

sooo my buddy and i managed to kill the last boss in the chris redfield chapter. it was ok but everything is like it was. no mention of jill or sheva for that matter. its like he is a loner with some soldiers. talks about retiring and then all of a sudden he still goes on?? yeah well. my friend wasnt so pleased with it either. he didnt even cared to start the jake chapter. just like me he has all the games at home but he wont get resident 6 until the price goes down a lot. he asked how to update weapons and when i said that he cant, he said whats the point of playing it a second time? i said none, lol. since the story is so undiffcult to remember you dont even need to play it again to understand it. as i said game itself is ok but i am in no need to play again. maybe i will try to start the jake chapter this week. well cant wait for dead space 3. allthough i read that they changed the formula also........... lame.

sooo my buddy and i managed to kill the last boss in the chris redfield chapter. it was ok but everything is like it was. no mention of jill or sheva for that matter. its like he is a loner with some soldiers. talks about retiring and then all of a sudden he still goes on?? yeah well. my friend wasnt so pleased with it either. he didnt even cared to start the jake chapter. just like me he has all the games at home but he wont get resident 6 until the price goes down a lot. he asked how to update weapons and when i said that he cant, he said whats the point of playing it a second time? i said none, lol. since the story is so undiffcult to remember you dont even need to play it again to understand it. as i said game itself is ok but i am in no need to play again. maybe i will try to start the jake chapter this week. well cant wait for dead space 3. allthough i read that they changed the formula also........... lame.

I completely agree with all of that. You should at least beat the game though before fully deciding what you think despite how there are alot of horrible RE moments in the game. Jakes campaign wasnt bad.

I dont think you ll be disappointed in DS3. They have more action but the co op is drop in and drop out meaning there wont be a dumb AI bot running around with you supposedly.

really loving Counterstrike Global offensive on 360 however I'm sure I'd be more accurate with a mouse and keyboard instead of my wireless controller @rambo@ @pun@

anyone else playing ac3 ?.. so far so good :) only thing I don't like about the game is the natives don't speak english during parts of the game so you have to turn on sub titles in order to understand what they are saying ... honestly I'd rather just have an option to have them speak english cause subtitles in the game are small tiny & annoying to read while you are playing

I don't have any intention of getting the Wii U even though Bayonetta 2 is coming out on it. That's one sequel that could sway me, but I'll need to see another must buy game before I buy the Wii U for that.

Yeah I feel the same way, I really like Bayonetta. I thought maybe The port of Tekken Tag 2 could also sway me, but I already bought arcade sticks for 360 and the Wii U port isn't going to be native 1080p like some suggested. Ninja Gaiden 3 Razer's Edge might be good if it is on par with 1 and 2.

Hmmm, not sure if I will get a Wii U. I hardly play the wii as it is, I can't really imagine anything, short of another Zelda game, to sway me to get one. Infact I haven't even thought about it till you posed the question, so unless it was super cheap, its a pass for me until I see something to change my mind.

Haven't played Halo 4 yet, I don't even think I touch Halo 3, so I'll wait for it on redbox.

BUT NEXT WEEK IS BLACK OPS 2! OHHHHHH YEEEEEEAHHHHHH!!!!! I had originally taken the day off of work so I could play it all day, but I had to switch days since my wife just had surgery and I needed to be there for that. Still, I am pumped and excited for it! Zombies! Oh yeah!

Anyone else here getting Black Ops 2? If so what system?

BUT NEXT WEEK IS BLACK OPS 2! OHHHHHH YEEEEEEAHHHHHH!!!!! I had originally taken the day off of work so I could play it all day, but I had to switch days since my wife just had surgery and I needed to be there for that. Still, I am pumped and excited for it! Zombies! Oh yeah!

Anyone else here getting Black Ops 2? If so what system?

getting it for 360