Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Yeah dude I've seen you've been on that game like crazy, it looks like fun! I recently downloaded a few older games on my systems. I just DL Megaman 2 and StarFox on my Wii, both classics! Also downloaded Max Payne 1 on xbox (turns out you need a hardrive to play that, my memory stick isn't good enough even though it has already been downloaded) so that was a let down, but I did download Sonic Adventures and DigDug, so I've been busy with those.

Yeah dude I've seen you've been on that game like crazy, it looks like fun! I recently downloaded a few older games on my systems. I just DL Megaman 2 and StarFox on my Wii, both classics! Also downloaded Max Payne 1 on xbox (turns out you need a hardrive to play that, my memory stick isn't good enough even though it has already been downloaded) so that was a let down, but I did download Sonic Adventures and DigDug, so I've been busy with those.

why you gotta be game stalking me for bro? haha yeah its pretty intense... think call of dutys campaign mode mixed with multiplayers level up aspects with guns and kills and whatnot mixed with diablos(or any good action rpgs) quests and skill trees and you essentially have borderlands 1 and 2 for the most part.

MM2 is the sheezzee.. my favorite mm aside from the X series games and the first i ever played back on the nes. you need to buy a bigger stick or actual hdd. i think you can actually use an external HDD instead of a thumbdrive as well but dont quote me on that. SA was also a favorite of mine back when i first got my dreamcast... great memories but i remember the control being sh!t. also never been a fan of max payne.. always felt like a generic gimmick shooter to me where it relied too much on the bullet time and not much else was fun.

just about ranked second in BF3 just by repairing my buddie's helicopter while he takes on tanks and enemy choppers then some ya hoo manages to get over 6000 points while camping so it bumped me down to third and then I get annihilated on Operation metro no matter what I use shotguns,Machine guns,rifles everytime some punk is hiding in a train with a shotgun loaded with frag rounds or they come up behind me with a machine gun while I'm lying prone so my movements atre restricted and just unload the gun into my skull

why you gotta be game stalking me for bro? haha yeah its pretty intense... think call of dutys campaign mode mixed with multiplayers level up aspects with guns and kills and whatnot mixed with diablos(or any good action rpgs) quests and skill trees and you essentially have borderlands 1 and 2 for the most part.

MM2 is the sheezzee.. my favorite mm aside from the X series games and the first i ever played back on the nes. you need to buy a bigger stick or actual hdd. i think you can actually use an external HDD instead of a thumbdrive as well but dont quote me on that. SA was also a favorite of mine back when i first got my dreamcast... great memories but i remember the control being sh!t. also never been a fan of max payne.. always felt like a generic gimmick shooter to me where it relied too much on the bullet time and not much else was fun.

I could see getting borderlands 2, I want to rent it first on redbox though before I buy it, $60 is too much for a game I might think sucks. It's not the size of my memory stick that is a problem, it just said specifically if I want to play xbox games I need and xbox 360 harddrive. No big deal, I can buy one pretty cheap online, its just annoying is all. SA has been fun, but I can see where the game hasn't aged as well. Tonight I will be on for sure, maybe we can try and get some MK going...

just about ranked second in BF3 just by repairing my buddie's helicopter while he takes on tanks and enemy choppers then some ya hoo manages to get over 6000 points while camping so it bumped me down to third and then I get annihilated on Operation metro no matter what I use shotguns,Machine guns,rifles everytime some punk is hiding in a train with a shotgun loaded with frag rounds or they come up behind me with a machine gun while I'm lying prone so my movements atre restricted and just unload the gun into my skull

I've never played BF3, but I've heard good things. Whenever I play those kinda games, I find myself always wishing it were more like COD. I know, Im lame.

I could see getting borderlands 2, I want to rent it first on redbox though before I buy it, $60 is too much for a game I might think sucks. It's not the size of my memory stick that is a problem, it just said specifically if I want to play xbox games I need and xbox 360 harddrive. No big deal, I can buy one pretty cheap online, its just annoying is all. SA has been fun, but I can see where the game hasn't aged as well. Tonight I will be on for sure, maybe we can try and get some MK going...

I've never played BF3, but I've heard good things. Whenever I play those kinda games, I find myself always wishing it were more like COD. I know, Im lame.

nah I agree sometimes I wish it were more like COD and I wish COD was more like Battlefield alot of the time especially when I'm using a shotgun and it only reaches out like 2 feet where in real life a 12 guage has the range of around 500 meters

responses to both posts.

Response to First Paragraph : The many many many amazing reviews will tell you otherwise with thinking it sucks... i will tell you this, if you try it solo you arent really trying the game at its full potential and what it was made for. You really should have an xbox harddrive if you want to play downloadable games and want to be able to install games on your hdd to help with load times and such. They arent expensive. If you bought the base model xbox that doesnt come with a hdd, you arent spending a crap ton more for a standard hdd. most xbox models come with hdd.. the really cheap xbox's are the only ones that dont. we may be able to get mk going.. .but currently im into bl2 alot hah... but we def will again.

Response to Second: When i got BF3 for ps3 i was excited... i m a vet of BF2 and loved the hell out of that game... that was before COD had any kind of command and was just another WW2 FPS... after the many years of COD since, I actually dont like BF3 AT ALL... at least on the consoles. Its pretty awful. campaign is a travesty and at the time i couldnt connect to servers to play online. I actually bought BF3 INSTEAD of CODMW3 because i was getting so sick of COD and felt it was about time for BF to rise again and conquer COD.... i was wrong. The whole time playing it i wanted it to be COD. I think maybe the pc version is the version it was meant to be on bc the console one felt rough as hell.

Ok I grabbed BL2 at redbox, so lets give this a whirl

you may want to play alittle on your own as i have a few characters that are 10+. As long as you are 5 levels behind or above you wont have a problem. i have a level 16 commando and a level 11 siren.

Ok I grabbed BL2 at redbox, so lets give this a whirl

you may want to play alittle on your own as i have a few characters that are 10+. As long as you are 5 levels behind or above you wont have a problem. i have a level 16 commando and a level 11 siren.

Im lvl three, Im that big guy with the guns, Im still getting used to the RPG aspect of it, so I will probably hold it for two days before I return it monday night. So far so good!

downloaded the resident evil 6 demo 2 days ago. some things i loved and some i didnt. is it just me or is this game dar. really dark. i cant even see the zombies coming at you. i hope i can change that with official release. i love that they can run and run fast. well cant wait to get the real deal.

Im lvl three, Im that big guy with the guns, Im still getting used to the RPG aspect of it, so I will probably hold it for two days before I return it monday night. So far so good!

We may have to get in some and/or some mk tonight.. if you see me on hit me up on either system.

downloaded the resident evil 6 demo 2 days ago. some things i loved and some i didnt. is it just me or is this game dar. really dark. i cant even see the zombies coming at you. i hope i can change that with official release. i love that they can run and run fast. well cant wait to get the real deal.

I liked that there was 3 campaigns in the demo, i just hope that doesnt mean we get 3 really small campaigns as the full package.. and yes the game was extremely dark, i could barely see enemies and i was thinking it was my tv setup, so good to hear it wasnt just me. The game was fun but it felt like they zoomed in more behind the character so the characters model takes up most of your viewpoint and gets in the way of seeing everything. Was quite annoying. It didnt control as well as RE5 or even 4 did.

I bought a lot of games lately. Borderlands II, Sleeping Dogs, Telltale's The Walking Dead, etc..

I also pledged money for a kickerstarter for Broken Sword 5. Even though the series has been out for years, I had never played it until the first game was ported over the IOS. I love it. I can't wait for the new one.

I liked that there was 3 campaigns in the demo, i just hope that doesnt mean we get 3 really small campaigns as the full package.. and yes the game was extremely dark, i could barely see enemies and i was thinking it was my tv setup, so good to hear it wasnt just me. The game was fun but it felt like they zoomed in more behind the character so the characters model takes up most of your viewpoint and gets in the way of seeing everything. Was quite annoying. It didnt control as well as RE5 or even 4 did.

[/quo

you are not alone. a friend of mine and a local reviewer told me the same about it being really dark. you can change it in the options but it doesnt help that much. i was also having a hard time looking around. when i played the chris part at the end i barely saw anything. didnt even knew where these zombies "or whatever they are right now" shoot from. since i am more the rambo kind of player (shoot first, ask questions later) maybe i had more trouble with this, lol. i have no patience to look around. i played it a couple more times and in time you get used to it but its true that the character takes a lot of space on the screen.

downloaded the trial for CS GO but before I really dive into it I'm going back and getting acheivements for some of my other older games like Aliens Vs Predator and Black ops

So apparently Resident Evil 6 is getting horrid reviews as a majority. There are some that like it and give it decent scores but it seems rare. I have my copy on the way to me in the mail and should arrive tomorrow. I personally hated the demo but i love the series. I even liked when it did a transition from strictly survival horror to action horror. Now it seems this new one is a mix of both but alot of RE purists seem to hate this one the most due to its excessive action focus. Now I understand that they dont like that aspect, but to hate on the game because its not RE1 incarnate is no reason to hate the game completely. There are still creepy crawlies coming after you which is odd to not be alittle "scared" at. They have the most grotesque set of creatures gallery in just about any game ive seen in its genre(s). The demo wasnt horrible, it showed me what was to expect to a degree. It had huge monsters, and zombies/plagas, as well as shitty controls and cameras... none of the RE games.. i mean NONE have ever had superb camera or controls... so lets be honest thats nothing new. Oh cool we can now shoot AND run at the same time, all the whiners about that can now be happy, however i found that having that feature wasnt necessary. I enjoy having precise aiming as opposed to running and gunning, that leads to more ACTION if im running and shooting. It takes away any kind of suspense or tact or even just skill in general. Either way Im anticipating it but im expecting huge flaws so that I enjoy the good that potentially shines out of it. Also its supposed to be wicked long... 30+ hours from what most reviews are saying.

So apparently Resident Evil 6 is getting horrid reviews as a majority. There are some that like it and give it decent scores but it seems rare. I have my copy on the way to me in the mail and should arrive tomorrow. I personally hated the demo but i love the series. I even liked when it did a transition from strictly survival horror to action horror. Now it seems this new one is a mix of both but alot of RE purists seem to hate this one the most due to its excessive action focus. Now I understand that they dont like that aspect, but to hate on the game because its not RE1 incarnate is no reason to hate the game completely. There are still creepy crawlies coming after you which is odd to not be alittle "scared" at. They have the most grotesque set of creatures gallery in just about any game ive seen in its genre(s). The demo wasnt horrible, it showed me what was to expect to a degree. It had huge monsters, and zombies/plagas, as well as shitty controls and cameras... none of the RE games.. i mean NONE have ever had superb camera or controls... so lets be honest thats nothing new. Oh cool we can now shoot AND run at the same time, all the whiners about that can now be happy, however i found that having that feature wasnt necessary. I enjoy having precise aiming as opposed to running and gunning, that leads to more ACTION if im running and shooting. It takes away any kind of suspense or tact or even just skill in general. Either way Im anticipating it but im expecting huge flaws so that I enjoy the good that potentially shines out of it. Also its supposed to be wicked long... 30+ hours from what most reviews are saying.

i got my copy over the weekend and it isnt great. the gameplay and everything doesnt really change much and is way better then the demo. finished the leon part. i guess what i hate most about it is that the story doesnt really evolve. its always the same. hey chris should loose his memory??? why??? leon isnt any better. guess what we still dont know whats up with ada wong..... it goes on forever if they go like this. the game itself is just like the others but everything seemed to go so fast while even in the part 4+5 you had to look around to find some treasures or weapons. in residen evil 6 everything is in front of your nose. what i really miss is that you cant update your weapons. resident evil becomes so simple that somehow it becomes uninteresting. the monsters and characters are still some of the best ever. maybe by the end of the week i will end the chris part and i will see if more is revealed. then the c-virus?? soon we have a whole alphabet of virus. lol.

i got my copy over the weekend and it isnt great. the gameplay and everything doesnt really change much and is way better then the demo. finished the leon part. i guess what i hate most about it is that the story doesnt really evolve. its always the same. hey chris should loose his memory??? why??? leon isnt any better. guess what we still dont know whats up with ada wong..... it goes on forever if they go like this. the game itself is just like the others but everything seemed to go so fast while even in the part 4+5 you had to look around to find some treasures or weapons. in residen evil 6 everything is in front of your nose. what i really miss is that you cant update your weapons. resident evil becomes so simple that somehow it becomes uninteresting. the monsters and characters are still some of the best ever. maybe by the end of the week i will end the chris part and i will see if more is revealed. then the c-virus?? soon we have a whole alphabet of virus. lol.

I got mine on wednesday and played the first chapter of Leons campaign with a buddy of mine. I have to stress this even more with this game than any other, its essential to have a friend to play with. Its bland and boring if you play with a dumba$ AI bot. It may add to the horror but not in the way youd want. I am enjoying it for the most part. There are alot of cheap deaths where you have no way of knowing to avoid and others where youre just cornered and cant do anything. Im not a fan of not being able to stop the pace like with the inventory menus. You cant prepare for a battle or heal yourself unless its at a spot where everythings been cleared. So you have to have everything all ready going in and hope to god its good enough. The game is especially linear so far as well so it leads little to no real exploration. What drives me nuts is they have made all these elaborate 3d sets that look like you can interact or even move around in and half of them all have virtual forcefield perimeters where you cant move any closer to look around in. It feels almost like how the older pre rendered RE games were. I knew alot of what im experiencing going into it from all the reviews. I wasnt expecting an amazing story out of it. I know and feel that RE6 was kind of a cash in and shouldnt have necessarily been made. Its kind of like the show LOST in its last season. Its like they just kept making crap up to try to make sense and stretch the story out even tho it shouldve ended seasons ago. Kind of forced character introductions that shouldnt be and less interesting than the last. I enjoyed the living hell out of 5 with at least 4 seperate full playthroughs. This one I feel wont be like that but I am still enjoying the experience of it. Im playing it like i watch the movies. Not thinking exactly like its a RE experience but get excited when RE moments pop up. (also not a fan of the new way to establish skills that dont seem to be that great to begin with and are worth a crap ton of pts to get)

They are running out of ideas and diluting the ones they already have done. I feel like maybe RE needs a full reboot. btw its sold 4.5 million copies, which i hope doesnt give us a RE7 and gives us a new fresh RE game.

I loved the RE6 demo. So I pre-ordered it on Amazon, and I got a free mercenaries stage plus $10 credit. So far I have been loving the real game. I'm playing split-screen with my brother just like we did in RE5,

I used the $10 credit on two DOA5 fightsticks. cool.gif

Played a few more chapters of each campaign and its been pretty good. There are some severe design flaws ive run into in level design. Beware the snow level for jakes campaign... awful.. and extremely long. horrible.

well i have some more issues then before. story seems to be like always but then again its gas. its in the air and leon tries to run away from it? yeah well. i am at the final boss in the chris part and i have no ammo left. since i cant buy ammo i have to fight that beast with a knife???? are you kidding me??? ahhh finally a box and whats in it?? points..... i need ammo and no points.... no this game isnt good to me. its ok but nothing more. i will try to finish the chris part today and then i will take jake for a spin. i hope that in the end the story holds something special.

well i have some more issues then before. story seems to be like always but then again its gas. its in the air and leon tries to run away from it? yeah well. i am at the final boss in the chris part and i have no ammo left. since i cant buy ammo i have to fight that beast with a knife???? are you kidding me??? ahhh finally a box and whats in it?? points..... i need ammo and no points.... no this game isnt good to me. its ok but nothing more. i will try to finish the chris part today and then i will take jake for a spin. i hope that in the end the story holds something special.

Its not a horrible game but it has a crap ton of horrible flaws in its design. There are too many times where I die and with no indication as to avoid it. Ive had so many cheap deaths because there was no clue or indication to avoid it or do a certain thing during it. Ive had times where I was supposed to run and it didnt tell me what i was supposed to do. With so many people on the RE6 team, how is it that no one noticed these huge flaws? Why change up a good thing that they had with RE4/5 with getting guns and leveling them up? I feel this will be the first game I have that I will sell the instant that I beat it. There is no feeling of replay or reason to. In 5 I kept playing to level up my guns and max everything out all while beating it on the hardest difficulty. I never do that with any games let alone a RE title. Like I said tho, the game isnt bad but jesus it has alot of flaws. If this game was say a brand new IP where I had no expectations and no comparisons to previous prequels I would say this is an enjoyable ACTION title... with flaws. But since its RE its the worst in the series(or at least close to it.

• Like 1

I don't want to sound like a blind fanboy, but I haven't run in to any of these flaws. Honestly I like this game a lot more than RE5. Zombies are back and Leon's campaign particularly feels reminiscent of the old days. The set pieces in RE5 were bland, and looked like something from COD. Chris even has more depth as a character in this game. He was only interesting with Wesker in RE5. The Gameplay mechanics are so much better than 5 too. The only thing I miss is quick turn, but it isn't really a deal breaker for me.

I feel like most RE fanboys these days must be as bad as Sonic fans. Seriously what is wrong with a little change? We had 7 games with the same gameplay and formula. Yep that is right 7.

Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica, RE Outbreak, RE Outbreak file 2. I played those games to death. I have no desire to go back to tank controls and that formula though.

I don't want to sound like a blind fanboy, but I haven't run in to any of these flaws. Honestly I like this game a lot more than RE5. Zombies are back and Leon's campaign particularly feels reminiscent of the old days. The set pieces in RE5 were bland, and looked like something from COD. Chris even has more depth as a character in this game. He was only interesting with Wesker in RE5. The Gameplay mechanics are so much better than 5 too. The only thing I miss is quick turn, but it isn't really a deal breaker for me.

I feel like most RE fanboys these days must be as bad as Sonic fans. Seriously what is wrong with a little change? We had 7 games with the same gameplay and formula. Yep that is right 7.

Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil Code Veronica, RE Outbreak, RE Outbreak file 2. I played those games to death. I have no desire to go back to tank controls and that formula though.

to me the controlls are good. way better then in the past. i so hated that i couldnt walk and shoot at the same time. running around was awesome to. most of the time i just had to pass by everything. its just that game looses a lot of my interest because so much is gone. specially upgrades. the upgrades in part 6 arent really there. with or without them i manage to finish most parts. i dont have the feeling something changed when you upgrade anything. i know in the end its just a matter of opinion but i doubt i will play it twice. i played part 5 at least 5 times. what i miss the most is the searching for treasures and such. the game feels like a line. you have to go from a to b and thats it. its really just run and shoot while others were more looking around and get some awesome finds like new weapons. i was always so happy when i found the magnum. now they even show you the way where it is? to me they try to please to manny people and they should stop with having so much characters in it. they could even close some chapters with certain characters like ada wong. ok she is cool but lets face it how manny games do we have to play until we know whats up with her? when will she stop running and join leon. this story becomes boring very fast.

to me the controlls are good. way better then in the past. i so hated that i couldnt walk and shoot at the same time. running around was awesome to. most of the time i just had to pass by everything. its just that game looses a lot of my interest because so much is gone. specially upgrades. the upgrades in part 6 arent really there. with or without them i manage to finish most parts. i dont have the feeling something changed when you upgrade anything. i know in the end its just a matter of opinion but i doubt i will play it twice. i played part 5 at least 5 times. what i miss the most is the searching for treasures and such. the game feels like a line. you have to go from a to b and thats it. its really just run and shoot while others were more looking around and get some awesome finds like new weapons. i was always so happy when i found the magnum. now they even show you the way where it is? to me they try to please to manny people and they should stop with having so much characters in it. they could even close some chapters with certain characters like ada wong. ok she is cool but lets face it how manny games do we have to play until we know whats up with her? when will she stop running and join leon. this story becomes boring very fast.

I feel the same way. I dont mind the controls, I didnt even care about walking and shooting. I missed having a reason to want to play more like the upgrade system. I feel the skills you can acquire do little to nothing to change anything. There is no real need to want or use them because they dont really change anything unlike in 4 and 5 where skills actually meant alot. I felt weak in the beginning of 5 but after I had all the good weapons and had them maxed out I felt like a god with one touch a boss was dead. It made replaying the game feel worth it and was super fun. Alot of this game I dont feel I want to revisit even if I did have a reason to.

Im a pretty big Resident Evil fan boy but I dont like something just to like it and not be blinded by its flaws. All the RE games have had alot of flaws. None were incredibly perfect, however 4 and 5 had it right with the control and a few other things. This feels like a mishmash of ideas in one. I dont like having to replay the same mission or task that i just did in a previous characters mission because the set of characters Im playing now were a part of the same scene from the previous set of characters. That was pretty annoying. I understand why but at the same time as a game its kind of stupid and redundant. It makes having 4 separate stories and gameplay for the characters feel odd. I find it funny that Leon conveniently only fights zombie type characters even when he crosses story and scenery with characters that have only been fighting J'ago. Maybe its because I like RE so much that I question so much because Im not usually this critical about games or even their stories. Theres just alot of things that irk me with this one in particular. Ive had a few cheap deaths because either there were no context clues to avoid it or the stupid QTE buttons(which im fine with QTE but there is just WAY too much of that in this as well) wouldnt show up until just before possible death. Also playing it co op I realize there are an INSANE amount of 'bro doors' to open up. Like I had an instant where we opened up a door to get a tiny cinematic and then after the cinematic we are right in front of another bro door. seriously?

Im on the last chapters for all 3 of the main characters and very curious how this game is going to end. Im also wondering how they are going to turn Adas campaign into co op.. who would be the second character? would it be like halo 2 and other games where you both are the same character?

Also in regards to RE5. I thought the shanty towns actually kept a good creepy vibe to them, similarly to how the port town and environments were in RE4. The only difference was you were in a vibrant hot and well lit daytime but that felt legitimate to where we were. The set pieces in 6 feel very claustrophobic despite their immense attention to detail, detail you cant really interact with for the most part. I agree that chris does feel more fleshed out. He seems more agitated, angry and his mind is in disarray from past events but it almost feels like its a stereotypical start of an action movie namely the bar scene. Most of the plot and characters scenes feel overly dramaticized and all about narrow misses and action. Way more so than 5 ever had. I dont mind alittle action in my RE but it seems like they do it every other second and have this mindf@#k of scenarios that just seem like RE: apocalypse's ridiculous motorcycle going up the wall with no one on it and then shooting it to kill a licker scene. It just distorts any form of reality (despite the concept of having zombies and other such creations existing that is)