Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Man i cant wait for Diablo 3.... my days are going to be filled with that game... which is awesome and crazy all at once. I got my brothers into playing diablo 2 for 13 hours straight back in the day and they dont even play video games. I played the "beta" and it ensured me that its just like the past games just revised and updated for today.

It best be good with how long it took em to get it out lol I am unsure if I am going to get it right away or not ... I guess I may as well not like it will go on sale anytime soon @loll@

so many annoying kids on Xbox live it's so bad I don't even want to play the games online anymore I miss the days when Videogames were for geeks like me instead of being so main stream like they are now

• Like 1

whats annoying is half them shouldn't be playing the type of games they are playing to start with ... duno what the parents are thinking with this stuff

does diablo 3 not have a save game feature ?.. Really wondering whats going to happen when i exit the game lol ... I guess I will assume it will simply save everything on its on and start at some sort of check point

does diablo 3 not have a save game feature ?.. Really wondering whats going to happen when i exit the game lol ... I guess I will assume it will simply save everything on its on and start at some sort of check point

It saves automatically, much like the WOW and the previous Diablo games.

Diablo 3 is worth it, too damn good, bringing back awesome memories and adding some new ones... altho at first i didnt like the idea of HAVING to be online at all times to play, it really doesnt matter considering that A) the game is worth every penny, and B) Im always always on the internet anyway so why does it matter if im playing a single player game on the internet haha.

• Like 1

man I got so close to beating Doom 2 I killed the spider demons and was on the last part I had the invinciblity power up, both shotguns,the plasma gun,a rocket launcher and the pistol with a large amount of ammunition but I got caught between several imps and Hell Knights and ended up dying from radiation after being trapped with no way off of the irradiated ground @grumpy@

Diablo 3 is worth it, too damn good, bringing back awesome memories and adding some new ones... altho at first i didnt like the idea of HAVING to be online at all times to play, it really doesnt matter considering that A) the game is worth every penny, and B) Im always always on the internet anyway so why does it matter if im playing a single player game on the internet haha.

I am sure it has to do with being able to sell items for real money in game... Is that up and running yet?... I am curious how that works...

I duno I find it annoying you have to finish some quests for the game to save your progress & if you have to stop playing for whatever reason half way through the levels it will just restart you someplace else but yeah its fun :) I've yet to try multiplayer aspect of it ... How is the chatting is it anything like xbox ?

I duno I find it annoying you have to finish some quests for the game to save your progress & if you have to stop playing for whatever reason half way through the levels it will just restart you someplace else but yeah its fun :) I've yet to try multiplayer aspect of it ... How is the chatting is it anything like xbox ?

You dont have to finish the quests for it to save.. there are a crap ton of checkpoints throughout the game. I dont think there is any chat function aside from text chat in the game. I just use skype with my friends. The multiplayer is fun as you get better drops, harder enemies and you can res each other if you die. The game now has 4 difficulty levels instead of 3 but you cant change them, you have to beat each one in succession to unlock them. Normal was pretty easy, this weekend im going to go on nightmare and check it out. The game has alot of replay value, for the loot alone... great time.

• Like 1

since you have beat the game already what happens to your character when you do ?.. Do you get to save it & play it on harder levels ?... Right now I am a level 29?? something monk .... For items I normally only use them if they have good magical abilities! I use two spike things on my hands which do about 27 dmg each my character pretty much goes around punching everything to death @loll@

Oh another question ... I'm at the keep & I've upgraded the blacksmith & the other guy to where they need pages to get upgraded more ... expect it does not give me any information about where i am suppose to go to get said pages ...

since you have beat the game already what happens to your character when you do ?.. Do you get to save it & play it on harder levels ?... Right now I am a level 29?? something monk .... For items I normally only use them if they have good magical abilities! I use two spike things on my hands which do about 27 dmg each my character pretty much goes around punching everything to death @loll@

Oh another question ... I'm at the keep & I've upgraded the blacksmith & the other guy to where they need pages to get upgraded more ... expect it does not give me any information about where i am suppose to go to get said pages ...

Yeah just like all games like this, you get to save your character and continue to level on harder difficulties.. once you beat them that is... beat normal - go to nightmare, beat nightmare- go to hell, beat hell- go to inferno. They made the game so that you would have to at least beat the game twice. I dont know if you noticed but you cant get all your skills by getting to level 30(by the time you hit around level 30 is around the first time you beat the game unless you are doing some serious level boosting)

And yeah going for magic items exclusively is the way to be... get some rares in there too and pimp out your blacksmith, eventually he makes rare items. Yeah i think the pages are rare drops and you have to play through the game on harder difficulties to obtain them from monster drops. Same goes for the hidden level which consists of alot of random drops and places to look. Its a pretty complex process, im going to attempt to do it this weekend with a buddy of mine.

• Like 1

Yeah just like all games like this, you get to save your character and continue to level on harder difficulties.. once you beat them that is... beat normal - go to nightmare, beat nightmare- go to hell, beat hell- go to inferno. They made the game so that you would have to at least beat the game twice. I dont know if you noticed but you cant get all your skills by getting to level 30(by the time you hit around level 30 is around the first time you beat the game unless you are doing some serious level boosting)

And yeah going for magic items exclusively is the way to be... get some rares in there too and pimp out your blacksmith, eventually he makes rare items. Yeah i think the pages are rare drops and you have to play through the game on harder difficulties to obtain them from monster drops. Same goes for the hidden level which consists of alot of random drops and places to look. Its a pretty complex process, im going to attempt to do it this weekend with a buddy of mine.

uhg how annoying ... lol oddly enough I am at level 30 I was around act 29 by act 3 or so I don't know ... I was not leveling up just to level up I was simply playing the game when I play I like to explore & do everything & kill anything I see :) There was one guy I could not kill though in the game & then I couldn't find that area again when I died @grumpy@ it was some cellar & you go near it the guy inside would say something like "welcome blood" I noticed he had the same type of abilities as me & his health would start going up again when he hit me just like me @loll@ not sure how i was suppose to beat him... Maybe I will next game! I just trapped the guy in the gem spoiler... I expected betrayal but for some reason not really death ... hope she comes back some how! Since she died I guess my question is where is her soul now .... I wonder if we will bump into it considering where we are lol ...

Oh I just figured out how to use the gem maker last night haha I combined a bunch of gems I had... Made one perfect red, & green & yellow gem maybe two perfect yelllow jems ... I pimped my guy out with them... badass :)

uhg how annoying ... lol oddly enough I am at level 30 I was around act 29 by act 3 or so I don't know ... I was not leveling up just to level up I was simply playing the game when I play I like to explore & do everything & kill anything I see :) There was one guy I could not kill though in the game & then I couldn't find that area again when I died @grumpy@ it was some cellar & you go near it the guy inside would say something like "welcome blood" I noticed he had the same type of abilities as me & his health would start going up again when he hit me just like me @loll@ not sure how i was suppose to beat him... Maybe I will next game! I just trapped the guy in the gem spoiler... I expected betrayal but for some reason not really death ... hope she comes back some how! Since she died I guess my question is where is her soul now .... I wonder if we will bump into it considering where we are lol ...

Oh I just figured out how to use the gem maker last night haha I combined a bunch of gems I had... Made one perfect red, & green & yellow gem maybe two perfect yelllow jems ... I pimped my guy out with them... badass :)

One thing about any diablo game, they are much more fun when you play with others that can help provide support, only character that can really go solo with absolutely no problem has been the barbarian. I remember blasting through d2 with one and never having a ounce of trouble. That character you fought was most likely a random occurence. Not only are there random encounters but the dungeons and everything are randomly generated so you may not play the same area twice.

I was playing with my level 15 wizard last night and mannnnn was that a struggle and then i realised i could hire a templar or a scoundrel and it made it easier but still not as fun. I beat the butcher solo which was a fun accomplishment as well.

considering the methods they use its not really surprising that type of thing happens with a lot of stuff ... & the steps they give to help prevent it make sense ... no linking CC & having an email just for it ... I can see it ...

Wow.... i have too many friends on diablo 3 that are level 60 and in inferno difficulty... wtf. I have a life so i cant exactly play every hour of the day. I only get to play on the weekends and even then i dont JUST play d3.. Altho i do have a level 40 witch doctor now so i am gettin up there whoop whoop! but only in nightmare and not even half in. put in about 40 hours total in the game with 2 other characters besides my WD.