Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I still haven't opened my Mass 2 for 360, i gots the 3 ring of fire...

what model of Xbox do you have?

I didn't even know there where different ones. The one I have is 5 yrs old....

the earlier white models Xbox 360 core and Arcade are the ones that are more susceptible to the red rings. this page on Wikipedia should be able to help you identify what model you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Discontinued_models

I still haven't opened my Mass 2 for 360, i gots the 3 ring of fire...

what model of Xbox do you have?

I didn't even know there where different ones. The one I have is 5 yrs old....

the earlier white models Xbox 360 core and Arcade are the ones that are more susceptible to the red rings. this page on Wikipedia should be able to help you identify what model you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Discontinued_models

Ya, you're right. The early models were really bad for this. I had it happen with one that I bought back in 2006. Luckily, Microsoft fixed it free of charge. Haven't had any problems with it since. I have another 360 that I bought two years ago, and I've never had any problems with that one.

first xbox i got stopped working properly it just wouldn't shut down lol lights would go off but i could still hear something running ... they tried to explain to me that its all fine & good & just the fan shutting down ... lol

first xbox i got stopped working properly it just wouldn't shut down lol lights would go off but i could still hear something running ... they tried to explain to me that its all fine & good & just the fan shutting down ... lol

did you have a play and charge kit attached? the wire that you can plug into your system and attach to your controller to make it wired and charge as you play? everytime i have that thing plugged in and i turn my system off it turns off but stays on and the fan is still going and wont stop unless i unplug the charge cord.

nope nothing like that just a regular old wireless controller & yes I had to unplug mine as well to shut it down completely ... that thing was messed up! I had to explain it to them that you shouldn't have to pull the plug out on a lamp in order to turn it off before they finally agreed to send me a new one they kept trying to talk me out of it at first for some reason lol

Yeah Im not here to jump on the 360 bashing band wagon, but I got mine a few years ago, didn't play it much, but I still played it and watched DVD's on it. Within that first year, that trey and door to input games had broken. I press the open button, I can hear the mechanisms inside trying to open it, but it wouldn't open. I had to take the faceplate off and pry it open. Now if there is already a disc in there, it opens no problem. My brother went through about 3 or 4 360's to finally get the one he has now (he kept getting the red rings). Talk about customer loyalty! I wouldn't put up with that many bad systems.

So I bought a PS3 the next year and have never had a problem. I use my ps3 for EVERYTHING! I run hulu and netflix off of there, and if I am not watching either of those, then I am using the blu ray player. I can't say enough good things about the PS3!

I love both my ps3 and my xbox360, but i primarily use my 360 for most games. I dont really like the interface with the ps3, mainly the store area. I used to like the 360s interface until their recent fall update which makes it more annoying to find things like the ps3 is. The other gripe is when im on the ps3 hardly anyone is ever on it so it feels like im in a dark cave whereas on my 360 i have at least 10-15 friends online to play with. The cross game chat functionality is also a huge plus where i can mingle with my friends without having to stay in the same game like the ps3 has it set up.. (which is incredibly dumb and archaic if you ask me) Its exclusive to games instead of being made in the system, so if some game doesnt support voice chat, you cant talk to your friends while playing, whereas on the 360 it doesnt matter, the voicechat is through the system entirely. One thing that sucks for my 360 is i have an older model and it doesnt support hdmi which my ps3 does which makes for nicer visuals. I wish i had more friends that played on the ps3 and as frequently as i would buy more games on there to play with them.

One thing i find annoying about the ps is that you have to be connected to the internet to use it ... didn't have ours plugged in for a few months so it didn't get "updates" It wouldn't let me watch a legally owned bluray movie with out these said updates ... even though they have nothing to do with the movie it self ... I plugged in my old bluray player & watched the movie in it it played just fine ...

yup.. I am a PS3 supporter. I got the first version on launch day and have never had an issue. We now have 2 of the newer slim PS3s as well. We have 2 360s in the house also, but one of them died.

I don't do much social gaming, so I don't care about that aspect.

To me, the PS3 is just hands down better.

I'd like to use my PS3 more, but multi-console games are more often than not superior on the 360. Truth be told I only use my PS3 as a BluRay/Media/Netflix machine nowadays.

I feel the opposite is true. Unless it is a multi-player internet thing, I think that games are almost always better on the PS3

PS3 VS XBOX360 WAR!!!!! LETS DO THIS!!! hahaha i have no loyalties to either system. They both have pros and cons for me which ive mostly stated above.

on a side note.... THEY ARE PORTING MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2 TO THE IPHONE!!!! I kind of did something in my pants when i first heard this but then i thought about the controls and now im wondering how horrible they are going to be and that price tag. With how Capcom redid-release of Megaman X, which was a friggin super nes game that couldnt be truly ported over and with its $7 price tag it makes me wonder the price of MVC2i. I mean this time marvel is involved which they ll want an ass ton of money for their involvement as well. and with soul calibur 1 being on the phone and trying to sell it at $15 bones as opposed to the superior xbox version which is only $10. I guess i ll find out when its released tomorrow haha.

The sole reason I am loyal to Xbox is because of Xbox Live. Like other people have said, Live is far superior to anything the PS3 has to offer when it comes to online capabilities.

The sole reason I am loyal to Xbox is because of Xbox Live. Like other people have said, Live is far superior to anything the PS3 has to offer when it comes to online capabilities.

I understand that, and can't deny it. I don't play much online games. DCUC online for the PS3 and now SWTOR are the most I have ever played online. I really don't ever play online multiplayer games... I prefer solo titles with long storylines much more.

I don't have any friends :(

Yeah it all comes down to preference really. I like the fact that I don't have to pay for my PS3 to go online, yeah I may not get the same social gaming aspect, but I've used my browser to watch a lot of youtube videos on my big screen through the PS (it stuns me that 360 does not have an internet browser) I'm also not a huge fan of how the 360 does business, like the fact that the controllers don't come rechargeable, or that you would have to buy a hard drive if you didn't already have one, it feels very much like a "batteries sold separately" kind of situation. Also, and this may just be me, but I feel like there is a lag between when I press the button and how quickly the screen responds. I could be wrong, but I believe the blutooth tech used for PS3 is quicker then the wireless tech used for the 360. Just feel too much like I am being nickle and dimed.

One final thought, personally I believe Sony delivers the best tech for the right price. I've always been a fan of Sony, my TV in my room is Sony, the sound system receiver is Sony, the speakers and subwolfer, all Sony. Sony is engineered to give the optimal performance when used with other Sony products, so that is where I stand. This is all just my personal opinion! A lot of my friends and family all use 360's, and I'm not about bashing one system (well, maybe the dreamcast) so as long as we all can play the same games, I am happy!

Competition is great for consumers!

Yeah it all comes down to preference really. I like the fact that I don't have to pay for my PS3 to go online, yeah I may not get the same social gaming aspect, but I've used my browser to watch a lot of youtube videos on my big screen through the PS (it stuns me that 360 does not have an internet browser) I'm also not a huge fan of how the 360 does business, like the fact that the controllers don't come rechargeable, or that you would have to buy a hard drive if you didn't already have one, it feels very much like a "batteries sold separately" kind of situation. Also, and this may just be me, but I feel like there is a lag between when I press the button and how quickly the screen responds. I could be wrong, but I believe the blutooth tech used for PS3 is quicker then the wireless tech used for the 360. Just feel too much like I am being nickle and dimed.

One final thought, personally I believe Sony delivers the best tech for the right price. I've always been a fan of Sony, my TV in my room is Sony, the sound system receiver is Sony, the speakers and subwolfer, all Sony. Sony is engineered to give the optimal performance when used with other Sony products, so that is where I stand. This is all just my personal opinion! A lot of my friends and family all use 360's, and I'm not about bashing one system (well, maybe the dreamcast) so as long as we all can play the same games, I am happy!

wait.... you HATE the dreamcast??? sacrilege! i dont think we can be friends anymore.

The reason I believe ppl get into the console wars because of insecurity. The 360 came out first and was the cheaper of the two. Because most ppl bought the 360 first (kids and man-childs), they feel their cheated if the ps3 comes out better so they bash. It is similar to Ps3 fanboys whereas they bash the 360 for fear that they bought an expensive systems that turns out to be weaker than the 360. In reality, the ps3 is a more powerful system than the 360, but because the cell is hard for developers to program and most games that are multi-platform are developed with the 360 in mind, the 360 version tends to look slightly better, that is if you play your games on a 40x zoom. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

you are absolutely correct about the bang for your buck. Microsoft tries to nickle and dime you to death with their Xbox crap. I couldn't believe how much it DIDN't come with that my PS3 had.

the craziest thing I ever heard is how XBOX put some kind of software in it that limits the size of a thumbdrive you can use because they don't want you using thumbdrives to store game data. They want you to buy their proprietary thumbdrive or a hard drive.... and a 4gb hard drive on the cheap models, really?

wait.... you HATE the dreamcast??? sacrilege! i dont think we can be friends anymore.

yo, dreamcast was awesome! I remember when it came out, I thought it was hands down the best system ever.

it's really too bad that they didn't include a DVD player in it... we might be playing on a Dreamcast3 right now if they did.

yo, dreamcast was awesome! I remember when it came out, I thought it was hands down the best system ever.

it's really too bad that they didn't include a DVD player in it... we might be playing on a Dreamcast3 right now if they did.

The DVD came out shortly after Sega pulled the plug on the DC in the US. I know that they were games after its demise in Japan because Capcom vs SNK 2 2001 came out for it. What killed the Dreamcast is how easy it was to pirate games on it. All you needed was to download a game online and play -older games required a boot cd.

I'd like to use my PS3 more, but multi-console games are more often than not superior on the 360. Truth be told I only use my PS3 as a BluRay/Media/Netflix machine nowadays.

I disagree with that statement just because the early 360 games slightly has better anti-aliasing, which make games look better. However, you really have to have the game zoomed in 40x just to see the difference. There are games like Bayonetta that runs better on the 360, but that is because the game was made with the 360 hardware in mind - the ps3 version was ported over by another company. Nowadays, the PS3 games are superior because Sony is now going the exclusive route with extra content in their games, something that MS used to do during the 360 early days.

For example, Mortal Kombat and SFxT has exclusive characters in it.

What the 360 has over the ps3 is timed exclusives. They also tend to have better downloadable games. This is important for ppl like myself who have both systems. I ended up buying a 360 just for the game "Guardian Heroes."

I personally think the PS3 vs Xbox 360 fanboy war idioitic. I remember asking advice on whether or not I should buy a refurbish Ps3 online, and someone instantly told me to get a 360 to satisfy his ego.

lol are you sure they were just not answering your question or ?..