Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

It's sad about new system possibly not allowing used games to work. It's our product, we paid for it, we should be able to do whatever we want with it instead of all the stupid restrictions. It's like when video stores started carrying video games and nintendo went crazy and demanded they all be shut down. They lost in court as they should. All this will mean is I will just have to wait for the stores themselves to price it down to $20, and in the video game industry, it wont take long.

Anyone else here still playing SWTOR?

I just got the ce version the other day. I prefer it over dc online because the latter feels generic - I feel as if I am a tourist in a giant, virtual amusement park. Swrot feels like I am actually in the Sw expanded universe. I guess part of the problem with dco is that it is a du Ethel games where ppl create their own superheroes. I think if Sony went with the SWTOR or WOW route where your character is more restrictive to those in the DC universe (like having a hawk man race and a lantern class), it would feel more like a dc game, IMO.

As for SWTOR, I like it. My character is a lvl 17, cyborg commando trooper.

It's sad about new system possibly not allowing used games to work. It's our product, we paid for it, we should be able to do whatever we want with it instead of all the stupid restrictions. It's like when video stores started carrying video games and nintendo went crazy and demanded they all be shut down. They lost in court as they should. All this will mean is I will just have to wait for the stores themselves to price it down to $20, and in the video game industry, it wont take long.

Anyone else here still playing SWTOR?

Yeah, I am playing it almost daily. I am at level 41 now, Jedi Sage.

Pretty sweet! I play it often too, infact I have been playing whenever I am home and nobody is around. I usually have to wait till my wife falls asleep though, not because I am not allowed or anything, I just want to give her my attention while she is still awake. A lot of nights I fall asleep with the laptop next to the bed while playing lol. Today is Friday, and that means no work tomorrow, so I'll probably be up till about 2 or 3 tonight.

Can't wait for the 1.2 patch

dude... I have fallen asleep playing the game too.. not that it's boring.. but alot of the stuff doesn't require your complete attention. Like when I am just running planetary missions, I am usually watching tv more than I am playing because there isn't that much danger of being killed for my character during those missions.

Yeah its not boring at all, infact I cant think of last time I was so engrossed in something that I didnt want to put it down to sleep. 36 Bounty Hunter for the Empire here! Do you do crew skills at all? Im about 320 armstech and scavenging and like 190 investigation. Ive used a few guns I have made, but nothing really amazing.

yeah, I do crew skills. I am like at 330 Artifice, 250ish on both Treasure Hunting and Archeology. I can make crystals for lightsabers and guns, enhancements, lightsaber hilts, shields, generators, and offhand power-ups. I send my guys on missions to find power crystals, artifacts, gems, lockboxes, etc. Then I can use those parts to build stuff.. but it's so dang expensive to send them on the high-level missions.

So far, I really haven't made anything useful to me. I make stuff that I sell sometimes. But most of the time I actually just disassemble the crap I make so I can get some of the parts back. Then I can reuse them to make other things as I try to gain more skill level. I think I have use a few shields for my companion character, and maybe some enhancements... but so far the crew skills thing has been pretty useless. I am sure that I have spent way more on crew missions than I have made back from selling stuff.

they should have had that pay off more with items that you can't buy or whatever.

Usually, whenever I want some item mods, I just get them from the galactic market. But that is pissing me off too.. I will spend all kinds of cash getting the best mods I can at my level, and then I will find a bunch of gear that is better than what I have modded for myself. (well, that doesn't happen anymore because my character's level is higher than my planet's level. Right now I am level 41, and all the stuff I get from beating enemies is like level 33-34.

Man Street Fighter X Tekken is so broken but for some reason it keeps drawing me back in and making me want to play more..... uggh... online battles are horrid, plagued with lag, sound problems and horrible infinite combos and other exploits that only the people online abuse and play so cheaply... its annoying.. hopefully most of that is fixed from the patch coming out this tuesday....

I will have to check out this SWTOR...is it an online game or I have to buy something? @hmmm@

No its an online game like Warcraft, so you have to buy the game and pay the membership fees to play.

Doomsaber- Yeah I for sure like it alot more then DCU, I mean DCU was fun, but it gets old really quickly. What you were saying about having a hawk race or a latern race may have worked better. I mean its not a bad game, but I played it on my PS3 and it was.. ok for a free game.

CLAM-What planet are you on? Im on Hoth but I cant wait to leave. I maybe used one or two of the guns I made, but I have made more weapons and stuff for my crew then for myself. I do the same thing with builing like 30 scopes then I take them back apart to get some of the mats back. I am hoping the crew skills will pay off down the road, right now, the stuff that drops is better then what can be made.

I will have to check out this SWTOR...is it an online game or I have to buy something? @hmmm@

No its an online game like Warcraft, so you have to buy the game and pay the membership fees to play.

Doomsaber- Yeah I for sure like it alot more then DCU, I mean DCU was fun, but it gets old really quickly. What you were saying about having a hawk race or a latern race may have worked better. I mean its not a bad game, but I played it on my PS3 and it was.. ok for a free game.

CLAM-What planet are you on? Im on Hoth but I cant wait to leave. I maybe used one or two of the guns I made, but I have made more weapons and stuff for my crew then for myself. I do the same thing with builing like 30 scopes then I take them back apart to get some of the mats back. I am hoping the crew skills will pay off down the road, right now, the stuff that drops is better then what can be made.

yeah, crew skills is a bummer. I too am hoping that in the end you get to actually make something worth using

right now I am on Balmorra, which is several levels below my character level. Like I said, I am at 41 and a half, and everything that drops is level 33-34.. and all of the enemies are level 34 or lower. It's almost like I can't die unless I go into a heroic area by myself. But I just got my 3rd companion on the planet, so that's cool. I don't think I have to go to Hoth for a little while either. It's not my next planet. But I have been there just hopping around and seeing what's up. At the time I was like level 33 or something and I was getting killed by Wampas! lol.. so cool

yeah, crew skills is a bummer. I too am hoping that in the end you get to actually make something worth using

right now I am on Balmorra, which is several levels below my character level. Like I said, I am at 41 and a half, and everything that drops is level 33-34.. and all of the enemies are level 34 or lower. It's almost like I can't die unless I go into a heroic area by myself. But I just got my 3rd companion on the planet, so that's cool. I don't think I have to go to Hoth for a little while either. It's not my next planet. But I have been there just hopping around and seeing what's up. At the time I was like level 33 or something and I was getting killed by Wampas! lol.. so cool

Man I don't know how you do it! I hate being in lower lvl areas, if anything I always try to do my missions when they are still red/orange, if I havent completed it by the time it turns green, I stop tracking it. Same goes for the Heroic Area's, I dont even go to those, I just untrack as soon as I get them. Hoth is for lvls 37-40 I think, so it should be there! Have you not been doing your class missions? That would explain why you are stuck on a low lvl planet

Man I don't know how you do it! I hate being in lower lvl areas, if anything I always try to do my missions when they are still red/orange, if I havent completed it by the time it turns green, I stop tracking it. Same goes for the Heroic Area's, I dont even go to those, I just untrack as soon as I get them. Hoth is for lvls 37-40 I think, so it should be there! Have you not been doing your class missions? That would explain why you are stuck on a low lvl planet

of course I have been doing my class missions lol

I just do EVERYTHING on a planet before I leave. I never turn down a mission. Sometimes I want to, but it's the Jedi way :) I gotta help everyone!

of course I have been doing my class missions lol

I just do EVERYTHING on a planet before I leave. I never turn down a mission. Sometimes I want to, but it's the Jedi way :) I gotta help everyone!

Oh man that is insane! I wouldnt have the time to do all that, I would get bored too quickly! That is the way of the Empire, do what you want, and forget about everything else!

anyone own a wii ?? Does it have any good zelda/mario or metroid games ?... Its been too long since I've played one ... I wonder if wii price has dropped at all ...

I have a Wii... it has great games! I don't play it that often anymore because I have so many games for PS3 that are more in my favorite genres... but yeah, the Wii has some excellent Mario and Zelda games. All of the Mario games I played on Wii have been really fun.. you have games like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, MarioCart, the newer Super Mario Bros game, Mario Party, and plenty more lesser known games like Luigi's Mansion. As for Zelda, the only one I think I have played on Wii is Twilight Princess, and that game was excellent as expected. I have the brand new one. Skyward Sword. but I haven't played it yet.

as for the price... the Wii is dirt cheap now. I think you can get the black version with the Super Mario Bros game for 150. I got a new Wii for a steal at Xmas time from Target. It was the black Wii with Super Mario Bros for 129.99... PLUS they had a deal that you got the new Zelda game for FREE with the purchase

I remember I got my wii free from Comcast. They were doing a promotion if you signed up for their Triple Play you get a wii. Thing is we already had the triple play so we canceled it in my wife's name and opened it up in my name. So the guy came out unhooked it then rehooked it up and we got ourselves a wii free.

• Like 1

Beause of the cheesy storyline (where the citizens are infected by bugs from an alternate dimension, thus giving them superpowers) and the class system DCO feels too generic, imo. Replace the DC Superhero/Supervillain mentors with non-branded Superheroes/Supervillains, and you have yourself a City of Heroes game. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that DCO uses the same engine as City of Heroes. I think if Sony Online made the class system more like SWTOR or WOW, where your character is an actual class in the game's universe, the game would feel less generic. I feel as if the DCO storyline was simply shoehorned into the DC Universe to explain why they are so many unheard Superheroes all of a sudden. It makes me feel like I am participating in one of those interactive rides at Universal or Disneyland.

I think having more specific classes would be better, but harder to pull off. It would make the introduction cities or planets more fun to play. Imagine being a Green Lantern or a Yellow Lantern being trained on some alien planet or a new Metahuman Justice League member actually being trained (rather than just appearing at Gotham City and being given orders by Batman) by a leaguer. Although some people might be upset that they can't create their own unique superheroes with custom colors, I think it would have a more DC feel to it.

Beause of the cheesy storyline (where the citizens are infected by bugs from an alternate dimension, thus giving them superpowers) and the class system DCO feels too generic, imo. Replace the DC Superhero/Supervillain mentors with non-branded Superheroes/Supervillains, and you have yourself a City of Heroes game. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that DCO uses the same engine as City of Heroes. I think if Sony Online made the class system more like SWTOR or WOW, where your character is an actual class in the game's universe, the game would feel less generic. I feel as if the DCO storyline was simply shoehorned into the DC Universe to explain why they are so many unheard Superheroes all of a sudden. It makes me feel like I am participating in one of those interactive rides at Universal or Disneyland.

I think having more specific classes would be better, but harder to pull off. It would make the introduction cities or planets more fun to play. Imagine being a Green Lantern or a Yellow Lantern being trained on some alien planet or a new Metahuman Justice League member actually being trained (rather than just appearing at Gotham City and being given orders by Batman) by a leaguer. Although some people might be upset that they can't create their own unique superheroes with custom colors, I think it would have a more DC feel to it.

I remember when it first announced this is what I thought it was going to be like, with a Green Lantern race being pretty much a given. Infact it was the main motivating force behind me getting a PS3 way back when I did. Also,and I may be wrong here, but the controls didn't feel right. It's probably too hard to do a game like that real justice with a controller, it is too limited.

SWTOR is the first computer game I've really gotten into since my WoW days like 7 years ago. It's good stuff!

I remember when it first announced this is what I thought it was going to be like, with a Green Lantern race being pretty much a given. Infact it was the main motivating force behind me getting a PS3 way back when I did. Also,and I may be wrong here, but the controls didn't feel right. It's probably too hard to do a game like that real justice with a controller, it is too limited.

SWTOR is the first computer game I've really gotten into since my WoW days like 7 years ago. It's good stuff!

Now that you mentioned it, I think the controls for DCO is odd even on the Pc.

Setup my Legacy over the weekend for SWTOR. I don't have any ALT's, but I went ahead and created one, a female sith inquisitor. I know it's lame, but I named her Tima (my wifes name, short for Fatima, surprised it wasnt taken) and went ahead and made our characters married. Lame I know, but like I told her, I couldnt think of anyone else Id wanna be married to.

Im almost lvl 40 on my main, this game is alot of fun! I have only needed help once, other then that I pretty much solo everything.

Setup my Legacy over the weekend for SWTOR. I don't have any ALT's, but I went ahead and created one, a female sith inquisitor. I know it's lame, but I named her Tima (my wifes name, short for Fatima, surprised it wasnt taken) and went ahead and made our characters married. Lame I know, but like I told her, I couldnt think of anyone else Id wanna be married to.

Im almost lvl 40 on my main, this game is alot of fun! I have only needed help once, other then that I pretty much solo everything.

haha that's cool. I have a Legacy too, but I only have the one character still. Made it to level 43 the other day. But leveling is getting sooooo slow.

I read on the SWTOR website that if you have a level 50 character by the 25th, you get a free month of play time!

i turned on my xbox for the f irst time in ... ages they updated again & I don't like it... again lol ... anyways I played starwars force unleashed 2 for about 3 hours or so fun stuff :)

haha that's cool. I have a Legacy too, but I only have the one character still. Made it to level 43 the other day. But leveling is getting sooooo slow.

I read on the SWTOR website that if you have a level 50 character by the 25th, you get a free month of play time!

damn really? lol, I should use that as an excuse with my wife to play all weekend. What did you pick for your legacy name? I went with Venkman, so it's Polar Venkman! Oh yeah!

damn really? lol, I should use that as an excuse with my wife to play all weekend. What did you pick for your legacy name? I went with Venkman, so it's Polar Venkman! Oh yeah!

ah... my legacy name is Imperius'Rex lol

I still haven't opened my Mass 2 for 360, i gots the 3 ring of fire...

what model of Xbox do you have?

I didn't even know there where different ones. The one I have is 5 yrs old....