Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

anyone own a wii ?? Does it have any good zelda/mario or metroid games ?... Its been too long since I've played one ... I wonder if wii price has dropped at all ...

I would look at Twilight Princess & the new Skyward Sword game for Legend of Zelda games. The Metroid Prime series are good as well. I can't vouch for any Mario games, but there are a few that pretty good reviews.

anyone own a wii ?? Does it have any good zelda/mario or metroid games ?... Its been too long since I've played one ... I wonder if wii price has dropped at all ...

The mario galaxy series is immensely fun, reminiscent of Mario 64 but more fun. Then you have your typicals like mario kart and smash brothers which are both excellent.

I have a Wii... it has great games! I don't play it that often anymore because I have so many games for PS3 that are more in my favorite genres... but yeah, the Wii has some excellent Mario and Zelda games. All of the Mario games I played on Wii have been really fun.. you have games like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, MarioCart, the newer Super Mario Bros game, Mario Party, and plenty more lesser known games like Luigi's Mansion. As for Zelda, the only one I think I have played on Wii is Twilight Princess, and that game was excellent as expected. I have the brand new one. Skyward Sword. but I haven't played it yet.

as for the price... the Wii is dirt cheap now. I think you can get the black version with the Super Mario Bros game for 150. I got a new Wii for a steal at Xmas time from Target. It was the black Wii with Super Mario Bros for 129.99... PLUS they had a deal that you got the new Zelda game for FREE with the purchase

I just saw the trailer for Assassin's Creed III and squeeeeed! like a little girl in a Hello Kitty store.

@smilepunch@ I posted that like two pages ago!! @loll@ & yeah I can not wait for more creed!!!! I think it & bioshock & tombraider all come out around the same time its going to be a busy game time

Seems this is the year for disappointment for me in games. Soul Calibur V was a big disappointment for me but seemed to get decent reviews. Twisted Metal was good but overall the single player experience was disappointing and lackluster in its story as well as the fact that they only had a choice of 3 characters to play as. Street Fighter X Tekken is really good but there is alot of disappointments with it compared to previous fighters. One there is a crap ton of DLC that is found on the disc and lack of 2 player local tag being taken online to fight other players, but the game is pretty great overall. The moves are alot harder to perform but the overall experience is pretty damn good. And now it seems Mass Effect 3s ending is piss poor however I have yet to get into the series. Now there are no new games coming out that im looking forward to until the end of the year.

been playing MK9 again my Brother's managed to find a way to avoid Scorpion's Spear thankfully he hasn't perfected it yet so I can still get him occasionally

so i am into mission racoon city right now. the game is ok but it seems to be always the same. pick up some stuff and shoot at things. maybe they should have added a little more story to it. yeah well, the elite team has great looking characters. i am at an early stage stil but we will see how it ends.

the second version you can't buy used games.. I paid $250 for it before I found that out. YOu have to buy the game online and download it to your psp. The new one, I don't know yet.

I'm reading that the new PS might not let you play used games on it. WOW that would suck. For one it would put certain stores out of business, plus I don't buy a whole lot of brand new $60 games. As in...NONE.

maybe thats what makes sales better. a lot of shops closed because they just sold 10bucks games.you have to sell a lot of these games to make a living. as a shop owner i can understand it. as a buyer sure its not so great. i dont buy that much games either because of all these pricehikes. i just buy the ones i really like. no more room to experience something new.

It's sad about new system possibly not allowing used games to work. It's our product, we paid for it, we should be able to do whatever we want with it instead of all the stupid restrictions. It's like when video stores started carrying video games and nintendo went crazy and demanded they all be shut down. They lost in court as they should. All this will mean is I will just have to wait for the stores themselves to price it down to $20, and in the video game industry, it wont take long.

Anyone else here still playing SWTOR?

watching the trailer I think Assassin's creed 3 is going to sell more copies in america than anywhere else @loll@

Its already a popular series if anything its a smart move to pick up new players into the game it also allows them to add a new style of game play elements to it as well such as the running through trees & such

It's sad about new system possibly not allowing used games to work. It's our product, we paid for it, we should be able to do whatever we want with it instead of all the stupid restrictions. It's like when video stores started carrying video games and nintendo went crazy and demanded they all be shut down. They lost in court as they should. All this will mean is I will just have to wait for the stores themselves to price it down to $20, and in the video game industry, it wont take long.

Yeah, I am playing it almost daily. I am at level 41 now, Jedi Sage.

Pretty sweet! I play it often too, infact I have been playing whenever I am home and nobody is around. I usually have to wait till my wife falls asleep though, not because I am not allowed or anything, I just want to give her my attention while she is still awake. A lot of nights I fall asleep with the laptop next to the bed while playing lol. Today is Friday, and that means no work tomorrow, so I'll probably be up till about 2 or 3 tonight.

Can't wait for the 1.2 patch

Pretty sweet! I play it often too, infact I have been playing whenever I am home and nobody is around. I usually have to wait till my wife falls asleep though, not because I am not allowed or anything, I just want to give her my attention while she is still awake. A lot of nights I fall asleep with the laptop next to the bed while playing lol. Today is Friday, and that means no work tomorrow, so I'll probably be up till about 2 or 3 tonight.

dude... I have fallen asleep playing the game too.. not that it's boring.. but alot of the stuff doesn't require your complete attention. Like when I am just running planetary missions, I am usually watching tv more than I am playing because there isn't that much danger of being killed for my character during those missions.

dude... I have fallen asleep playing the game too.. not that it's boring.. but alot of the stuff doesn't require your complete attention. Like when I am just running planetary missions, I am usually watching tv more than I am playing because there isn't that much danger of being killed for my character during those missions.

Yeah its not boring at all, infact I cant think of last time I was so engrossed in something that I didnt want to put it down to sleep. 36 Bounty Hunter for the Empire here! Do you do crew skills at all? Im about 320 armstech and scavenging and like 190 investigation. Ive used a few guns I have made, but nothing really amazing.