Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Downloaded the Mass Effect 3 demo this morning. Looking forward to playing it this weekend. Anyone else downloaded it?

I am this weekend I never really showed any interest in the Mass effect series but I'm going to try number three's demo since I already have a knowledge of the back story of the series and every one is telling me the series is extremely enjoyable

the old republic is not compatible with my PC :(

yeah.. they were STUPID for making it a PC game. I have been playing it for a month or so, and it's a pretty good game, but it would have been at least 10 times better if it were on the PS3. And I really can't understand why they put it on PC.

I have played alot of Bioware's other RPGs on PS3, and they played much better, smoother, had a more intuitive interface, etc. They even all had much better graphics. SWTOR has crappy graphics. And they actually have the nerve to put a decent amount of platforming into the game! I'll tell you, this game has the worst controls I have ever come across in a game.. and they want you to do all of these difficult jumping quests to reach special hidden datacrons.. it's ridiculous.

And I played alot of DCU Online on PS3.. that was a MMORPG too.. and they did everything that SWTOR does, as far as the MMO aspect goes. (in fact, I am rarely doing anything in SWTOR that requires teaming up with people. There are arenas and stuff like that, but I am much more interested in my own player's story.

After I finish playing my story through I think I will cancel my subscription. This game would have been so much more enjoyable on the PS3

oh.. and another thing about the SWTOR being on PC... my computer is not very even all that old, and it was like 750 bucks... and I still have to run SWTOR on the lowest settings for it to run smoothly.

If you want a PC that works with their "recommended" settings, it's gonna cost you like 1500 bucks!

It would be so much better if they just put it on the 300 dollar PS3

so i bought twisted metal this week and its pretty awesome.. havent played any online matches as the computer is hard enough as it is... there are 3 difficulty levels normal, hard and twisted so thats kind of intimidating enough. I was originally planning on playing through the campaign with a friend of mine over the net as said it was going to have online co op. To my dismay there was no option to connect to a friend online for campaign nor was there an option to just have us as a team vs CPU bots like you can for one player.... the only good multiplayer options you can do are all offline couch co op like 4 player splitscreen, 2 player campaign, bots, etc. The only thing me and my friend can do is play team dm with other people and that sucks because my friend is stupid and doesnt like to play with people he doesnt know for some odd reason. So i got to play the campaign alone... which wasnt bad... not bad at all.. i havent had that much adrenaline in a video game in years. Kind of like when i play racing games and im almost at the finish line. Very fun game overall and worth the purchase.. plus i got my favorite twisted metal free even tho i own the hard copy(which is dumb i cant actually just use my hard copy in my ps3) annoying as all hell but whatever, cant do much about that. Not going to go out and spend 600+ on a smaller hdd and bigger ps3 i.e. 60gb just to have backwards compatibility.

so i bought twisted metal this week and its pretty awesome.. havent played any online matches as the computer is hard enough as it is... there are 3 difficulty levels normal, hard and twisted so thats kind of intimidating enough. I was originally planning on playing through the campaign with a friend of mine over the net as said it was going to have online co op. To my dismay there was no option to connect to a friend online for campaign nor was there an option to just have us as a team vs CPU bots like you can for one player.... the only good multiplayer options you can do are all offline couch co op like 4 player splitscreen, 2 player campaign, bots, etc. The only thing me and my friend can do is play team dm with other people and that sucks because my friend is stupid and doesnt like to play with people he doesnt know for some odd reason. So i got to play the campaign alone... which wasnt bad... not bad at all.. i havent had that much adrenaline in a video game in years. Kind of like when i play racing games and im almost at the finish line. Very fun game overall and worth the purchase.. plus i got my favorite twisted metal free even tho i own the hard copy(which is dumb i cant actually just use my hard copy in my ps3) annoying as all hell but whatever, cant do much about that. Not going to go out and spend 600+ on a smaller hdd and bigger ps3 i.e. 60gb just to have backwards compatibility.

what other Twisted Metal did it come with?

Finally got play some this weekend, and by play I mean I've spent about 27 in game hours since Friday, which is INCREDIBLY high for me. Normally I can only play for a few hours before I am burned out, but I was up playing SWTOR till about 5 am yesterday (I had the day off) and then all my time was spent playing when my wife wasnt there. Good fun so far, I like it better then DCUC, which was too much of the same thing over and over (not that SW is that different, but I didn't feel burned out like I do with DC)

It came with Twisted Metal Black. Only the first printing gets codes for the game.

It came with Twisted Metal Black. Only the first printing gets codes for the game.

I was kind of hoping it came with Twisted Metal 4

WHY>?!?!?!?!? why for fuggs sake, why would you want that pos!?!?! have you ever even played black?? it was what twisted metal 3 SHOULD have been. 3 and 4 were abominations that shouldnt even exist. Hell most sites that follow car combat games and twisted metal games dont even mention 3 and 4. It also doesn't help that the original developer of the first 2 didn't make 3 and 4 and both had new game and physics engines that were horrifically bad.

or were you just joking...bc if it was a joke.. that was hilarious. haha :D

Finally got play some this weekend, and by play I mean I've spent about 27 in game hours since Friday, which is INCREDIBLY high for me. Normally I can only play for a few hours before I am burned out, but I was up playing SWTOR till about 5 am yesterday (I had the day off) and then all my time was spent playing when my wife wasnt there. Good fun so far, I like it better then DCUC, which was too much of the same thing over and over (not that SW is that different, but I didn't feel burned out like I do with DC)

what server are you on? What kind of character?

I am playing on something like Master Gnost server or whatever.. on the West Coast. and right now I have a level 29 Jedi Sage.

it is a pretty good game.. and even though it is repetitive, it doesn't really feel like it for some reason yet. I just can't stand the controls and trying to have to jump up pipes and crap to find datacrons

WHY>?!?!?!?!? why for fuggs sake, why would you want that pos!?!?! have you ever even played black?? it was what twisted metal 3 SHOULD have been. 3 and 4 were abominations that shouldnt even exist. Hell most sites that follow car combat games and twisted metal games dont even mention 3 and 4. It also doesn't help that the original developer of the first 2 didn't make 3 and 4 and both had new game and physics engines that were horrifically bad.

or were you just joking...bc if it was a joke.. that was hilarious. haha :D

I was :P I had 4 for ps1 and my friend had Black for PS2 which I used to play at his house I also had a couple of the Twisted Metal games for PSP but sold them when the PSP burnt out on me

I was :P I had 4 for ps1 and my friend had Black for PS2 which I used to play at his house I also had a couple of the Twisted Metal games for PSP but sold them when the PSP burnt out on me

4 was pretty atrocious. Black was pretty stellar. The psp game was made kind of like twisted metal 2s real sequel. They actually made a version of the psp game for the ps2 that had extra stuff like the only finished pieces of the defunct twisted metal black 2. Its a prett solid package for the money and that was a few years ago.

4 was pretty atrocious. Black was pretty stellar. The psp game was made kind of like twisted metal 2s real sequel. They actually made a version of the psp game for the ps2 that had extra stuff like the only finished pieces of the defunct twisted metal black 2. Its a prett solid package for the money and that was a few years ago.

I remember seeing it in EB games but I passed on it since I already had the PSP version