Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I feel like #$## I got torn apart in almost every match on BF3 so my skill level is negative 90 and accuracy is 10.00 percent I tried with the controller sensitivity up high but that just made it worse and aim assist does F all whoever said this game was noob friendly should be shot in the face with a .50 cal @grumpy@

man... I have so many games that I will never be able to play..

I just quit DcUniverse Online... it gets really annoying after you get to level 30 (the TOP level) because all of the other players at the same level are better than you because they have poured in hundreds and hundreds of hours into getting better armor than you. So I am over that because there isn't anything else to do except play arena matches over and over against other players.. and that is boring.

I got Zelda for Xmas, haven't played it at all yet.

And I also got Star Wars: the Old Republic . Anyone else playing that? I have never played a serious MMORPG on the PC.. and I am a little scared. I am also afraid that it will completely consume my entire life!

I just quit DcUniverse Online... it gets really annoying after you get to level 30 (the TOP level) because all of the other players at the same level are better than you because they have poured in hundreds and hundreds of hours into getting better armor than you. So I am over that because there isn't anything else to do except play arena matches over and over against other players.. and that is boring.

And I also got Star Wars: the Old Republic . Anyone else playing that? I have never played a serious MMORPG on the PC.. and I am a little scared. I am also afraid that it will completely consume my entire life!

I have about 12 games still in my backlog that are unopened and i wonder if i ll ever get to them. The games ive been currently playing (batman:AC, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, gears 3, and saints row 3) have kept my attention for a while and have too much replay value haha. Youre always going to have those people that have nothing better to do than to play games all day and study the games and be insanely good at them. Its hard when you have a life and other responsibilities that dont allow you the time to put into the games. Theres always going to be a 12 year old that has no job, no bills, no spouse, no real responsibility that spends all their time on that one game. Its the crappy thing about gaming these days. There is always going to be someone else that is better than you, that has more time on their hands than you, and that never leaves their couch.

If you havent played an MMO on the PC before, you are in for a treat. The only thing you have to think about is your responsibilities that have to be done. Dedicate time to the game that you dont have crap to do for a few hours. They arent easy games where you can just get in some gaming for 30 mins at a time. They require certain tasks to be done where you cant just save and exit. Once youre in a mission or such, you cant just leave without losing progress. So just keep that in mind when you start it up. Do it on a day you dont have much going on. Its why most people cant quit those games and screw up everything outside of the game. Just one more level up and im done or after this quest i ll sign off haha. Ive heard some crazy stories about people getting too addicted to them and messing up the world around them. But its not hard to play and still do your daily duties.

I find that MMORPGs require too much of my life to really want to play them anymore. I got into WoW back when it first came out (altho ironically i bought the game merely for its art book which i got the CE version haha) but i played it for about 3 months before my school started getting intensified and later quit due to time and the fact taht my annoying roommate was on my server. But i never looked back.

I have about 12 games still in my backlog that are unopened and i wonder if i ll ever get to them. The games ive been currently playing (batman:AC, ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, gears 3, and saints row 3) have kept my attention for a while and have too much replay value haha. Youre always going to have those people that have nothing better to do than to play games all day and study the games and be insanely good at them. Its hard when you have a life and other responsibilities that dont allow you the time to put into the games. Theres always going to be a 12 year old that has no job, no bills, no spouse, no real responsibility that spends all their time on that one game. Its the crappy thing about gaming these days. There is always going to be someone else that is better than you, that has more time on their hands than you, and that never leaves their couch.

If you havent played an MMO on the PC before, you are in for a treat. The only thing you have to think about is your responsibilities that have to be done. Dedicate time to the game that you dont have crap to do for a few hours. They arent easy games where you can just get in some gaming for 30 mins at a time. They require certain tasks to be done where you cant just save and exit. Once youre in a mission or such, you cant just leave without losing progress. So just keep that in mind when you start it up. Do it on a day you dont have much going on. Its why most people cant quit those games and screw up everything outside of the game. Just one more level up and im done or after this quest i ll sign off haha. Ive heard some crazy stories about people getting too addicted to them and messing up the world around them. But its not hard to play and still do your daily duties.

I find that MMORPGs require too much of my life to really want to play them anymore. I got into WoW back when it first came out (altho ironically i bought the game merely for its art book which i got the CE version haha) but i played it for about 3 months before my school started getting intensified and later quit due to time and the fact taht my annoying roommate was on my server. But i never looked back.

man, I hear that. I have so many games that I haven't even cracked yet... it's overwhelming:

soul calibur iv

ratchet and clank future

resistance 2 (barely started)

final fantasy xiii

metal gear solid 4

dragon age 2

killzone 2

god of war 1,2

god of war 3

uncharted 2

heavy rain

zelda skyward sword

prototype

etc etc etc

and I don't really mind when somebody is BETTER than me.. but DCU ONLINE is rediculous. the other players aren't better... it's just that their gear system is f-ed up. after you get to level 30, there are only 2 tiers of armor left to get. You get the points necessary for tier 1 from fighting other players. I got that suit quick from beatin down fools. but to get the tier 2 suit, you have to repeat the same missions over and over hundreds of times. (like seriously, the suit costs like 800 points.. and you get 1 point per mission. So you would have to do something like beat Catwoman's warehouse mission 800 times just to get a new suit or armor)... and then after you have that done, there isn't much else to do besides play arena matches. BORING. Maybe I will play it again in a year and see if they added new content. It's good for about a month, but then you run out of things to do. Of course, you can always play again with a different hero and have new experiences based on your mentor (Batman, Superman, WW, Lex Luthor, Joker, or Circe) and new powers, or become a hero or villain the next time... meh

I'll probably start up SWTOR soon.. but I can't decide if I want to be a Smuggler, Jedi Knight, or Jedi Consular

i feel like i am finally starting to get someplace on skyrim ... i am confused though i got some guys golden dragon claw back from some people that stole it & gave it back to him how ever it turns out i need it back now again & not sure how to get it with out stealing it :S @loll@ perhaps i was just suppose to keep it till the end of the game ?

man, I hear that. I have so many games that I haven't even cracked yet... it's overwhelming:

soul calibur iv

ratchet and clank future

resistance 2 (barely started)

final fantasy xiii

metal gear solid 4

dragon age 2

killzone 2

god of war 1,2

god of war 3

uncharted 2

heavy rain

zelda skyward sword

prototype

etc etc etc

and I don't really mind when somebody is BETTER than me.. but DCU ONLINE is rediculous. the other players aren't better... it's just that their gear system is f-ed up. after you get to level 30, there are only 2 tiers of armor left to get. You get the points necessary for tier 1 from fighting other players. I got that suit quick from beatin down fools. but to get the tier 2 suit, you have to repeat the same missions over and over hundreds of times. (like seriously, the suit costs like 800 points.. and you get 1 point per mission. So you would have to do something like beat Catwoman's warehouse mission 800 times just to get a new suit or armor)... and then after you have that done, there isn't much else to do besides play arena matches. BORING. Maybe I will play it again in a year and see if they added new content. It's good for about a month, but then you run out of things to do. Of course, you can always play again with a different hero and have new experiences based on your mentor (Batman, Superman, WW, Lex Luthor, Joker, or Circe) and new powers, or become a hero or villain the next time... meh

I'll probably start up SWTOR soon.. but I can't decide if I want to be a Smuggler, Jedi Knight, or Jedi Consular

It seems this is turning out to be the norm with all my friends... the infamous backlog of games. Too many responsibilities, all the want to play, and no time to do it all like we used to when we were younger. The nice thing is I find alot of mine for super cheap and sealed, so its not as mandatory to get at them right away as say a full priced day one title. I have a few of the same titles you have that i need to start up at one point or another. Its kind of nice to have those games on the backburner for times when you cant afford any new games and you want some new experiences and can just bust out one and play and if you like it great, if not, its not like you spent that much money on it.

The whole getting better armor thing by earning a ridiculous amount of coin to get it is common with free to play MMO games. Im betting that you can get better stuff if you paid money in the game. It seems thats the way those operate, make a nice beefy game, allow the player to accumulate enough experience to level 20 or so and then make it harder to proceed further without having to pay but still make it possible to do without paying, just incredibly tedious and time consuming(wasting). Its one reason i tend to avoid iphone games that have in app purchases, alot of them are like that.

I haven't been on here since before Christmas. Got a pretty good haul of games (Rage, Saint's Row 3, & Assassin's Creed: Revelations). I finished Rage Tuesday. It seemed way too short to me. I've been playing Saint's Row 3 since Wednesday. I love the absurdity of this series. Best moment so far is listening to Pierce & the Boss singing to Sublime in one of the early missions.

I haven't been on here since before Christmas. Got a pretty good haul of games (Rage, Saint's Row 3, & Assassin's Creed: Revelations). I finished Rage Tuesday. It seemed way too short to me. I've been playing Saint's Row 3 since Wednesday. I love the absurdity of this series. Best moment so far is listening to Pierce & the Boss singing to Sublime in one of the early missions.

yeah i really love the series alot. I played the crap out of SR2 with a bunch of different friends. There was an achievement/trophy where if you listened to a song alot, eventually your character would start singing with the radio... it was awesome... but i did like that part with pierce and the player character.... the game gets hella crazier and so good. Im about 60% in and ive had it since it came out. Too much fun sh#@ to do in it. Max out your flashbangs and you ll get a little surprise.

soooo i must be addicted to just buy games at insane prices and then never having the time to play them all... I just bought the Uncharted1/2 GOTY edition pack for 8 bucks new. haha

Decided to bust out assassins creed 2 today since i needed a good single player game to play. Ive never played any of the AC games before but i did play all of the prince of persia games by the same developer. I must say i really like this game alot more than i thought i would. I keep wanting to go into a sneak stance ala metal gear solid but there isnt one. I skipped AC1 because i heard too many bad things about it and it pretty much scared me to even try it, plus the age of the title doesnt help.

• Like 1

Decided to bust out assassins creed 2 today since i needed a good single player game to play. Ive never played any of the AC games before but i did play all of the prince of persia games by the same developer. I must say i really like this game alot more than i thought i would. I keep wanting to go into a sneak stance ala metal gear solid but there isnt one. I skipped AC1 because i heard too many bad things about it and it pretty much scared me to even try it, plus the age of the title doesnt help.

Hey I just finished that game, and have to say it is one of the best games I ever played. It was totally fun from start to finish

been playing the new James bond game I don't really feel like a spy on the missions more like a commando or navy seal with a british accent since every mission turns into a blood bath and I'm not sure but I think this game is marketing the Smartphones since every mission I've played so far you have to use the Smartphone to hack computers,identify your contact in a nighr club using the face recognization app and gather intel on an EMP resistant helicopter by taking pictures of it

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday & seen that they had Duke Nukem Forever for $9.99. I know there have been a lot of complaints about this game, but for that price I went ahead & picked it up. I still probably wait until I finished Saint's Row 3 before starting it, tho

I was at Wal-Mart yesterday & seen that they had Duke Nukem Forever for $9.99. I know there have been a lot of complaints about this game, but for that price I went ahead & picked it up. I still probably wait until I finished Saint's Row 3 before starting it, tho

it's not a bad game for the 10 dollar price I was mainly upset because I payed the full price for it

logging a lot of hours in skyrim ... I wonder if xbox keeps track of how many hours you spend in a game ?.. anyone?.. Honestly I don't even bother loading this game up unlsss i got 2 or 3 hours to kill haha!

logging a lot of hours in skyrim ... I wonder if xbox keeps track of how many hours you spend in a game ?.. anyone?.. Honestly I don't even bother loading this game up unlsss i got 2 or 3 hours to kill haha!

They do keep track of your game time. If you join their Xbox Rewards Program they actually tell you your stats monthly of what youve been doing for that past month. Even netflix time. heres a link to that: xbox rewards Also a site called Raptr (www.raptr.com) follows your game play as well but im pretty sure they dont start following your stats until you join.

did alot of gamin this weekend. It was refreshing. Finally decided to tackle batman after the stuff you guys said to do. It was the part where you had to electrify the batarang, i really dont know how i didnt think of doing that. So now im at the next catwoman part which i havent done alot of parts with her but shes pretty fun to play as and its a welcome change in gameplay. Also got further in assassins creed 2. Man im really really digging that game. Im incredibly addicted to finding all the stuff and learning more of the story. and of course got a few matches in of UMvC3. The added free heroes and heralds mode is actually pretty sweet. Both online and offline. Online is kind of a bit intimidating because the ranked players are all over that and ever match i play with a stranger, they just bust out insta-rape. I found a way to match up me and a friend so i play him. (you cant play your friends in this mode typically.)

oh yeah and me and a buddy decided to get drunk and start up the horrible horrible hellboy game... and then stopped playing it and started up gears 3 haha..... seriously that game feels like an n64 era game... and not a good one at that. avoid it even at the 10 dollar price tag i bought it for a year or 2 ago!

got stuck on the campaign for Medal of Honor so I decided to play online and this guy kept sniping me fortunately I got my revenge by flanking his position and Shooting him in the face with the Taliban's AK-74U what bothers me though is I have the limited edition copy that gives the player the M60 in online play yet I cannot access it I mean I got the game for just over 20 dollars so it's not that big of a deal but I would like to tear through Taliban with the M60