Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Most games aren't worth the $60 retail price. Nothing wrong waiting til they hit that sweet spot of $20.

Yeah there are only a handful of games I have bought at retail price, and mostly I resell my games to help offset what I spent on them. $20 is more the right price, but honestly it the most fun you can have with $20 these days...

Another weekend has passed, and that means my PS3 has gotten a work out, unlike my actual body. Friday was a work night, so lets just glaze over that. Saturday I got home from work at about 730am, and since my wife had the day off, I figured I would only get a few hours sleep before she or something woke me up, and sure enough, her sister called at noon to ask if we wanted to play her and her brothers in some COD. We say sure and log in and wait and wait and wait, finally we call and they say their internet is down. So we just played COD for a while, went to my brothers and drank and played COD MW3 and went to best buy. Yeah, so shopping at best buy drunk I ended up buying a few dvd's, some CD's, Resident Evil 5, Midnight Club something, and Super Street Fighter. We had lots of fun playing Midnight Club and SSF, all game were her choice too so I didn't feel SO guilty about getting them. I have already beaten RE5, but she really wants to play that one.

Some day I will actually buy NEW games versus old games that are new to me!

haha sounds like a sweet weekend. Got to love those crazy impulse buys. I really loved RE5 when it came out, I played and beat it with like 4 different friends. I couldnt seem to get enough of it. The DLC episodes were pretty damn hard tho but unique. One was RE5 action gameplay and the other was RE1 survival horror.... it showed to me that they can still make you scared shitless even if you have another friend along for the ride.

Also good choice on Super 4.... an amazing game. Ashame you only have a ps3 as it would be cool to do up some matches... which reminds me that we never did up any MK ones haha. I havent played it in a while but still love the hell out of that game. Ive been mostly deep into ultimate marvel 3 lately.

Also nowadays youd be surprised how fast games prices drop and how fast you can find that game you wanted when it came out a year ago, for 10 bucks NEW. I have too many damn games in my backlog due to this very thing. and they arent games i happen to buy just because they are cheap, but ones that are AA and AAA titles. because lets face it, no one wants to play bomberman zero just because it was $5.

Another weekend has passed, and that means my PS3 has gotten a work out, unlike my actual body. Friday was a work night, so lets just glaze over that. Saturday I got home from work at about 730am, and since my wife had the day off, I figured I would only get a few hours sleep before she or something woke me up, and sure enough, her sister called at noon to ask if we wanted to play her and her brothers in some COD. We say sure and log in and wait and wait and wait, finally we call and they say their internet is down. So we just played COD for a while, went to my brothers and drank and played COD MW3 and went to best buy. Yeah, so shopping at best buy drunk I ended up buying a few dvd's, some CD's, Resident Evil 5, Midnight Club something, and Super Street Fighter. We had lots of fun playing Midnight Club and SSF, all game were her choice too so I didn't feel SO guilty about getting them. I have already beaten RE5, but she really wants to play that one.

Some day I will actually buy NEW games versus old games that are new to me!

lucky you I can't get drunk till I stop having to take antibiotics for my abcess tooth :P hell I haven't been able to focus on videogames from the pain

played some World at war online I gotta say it's more enjoyable than black ops and there's tanks online unfortunately I got automatically booted after two matches by Xbox live itself because I didn't have the downloaded maps

Was playing some more WAW had a shitty @##@@ time everyone but me was using hacks so they could fly in the air and take more damage from gun fire snot nosed little bastards can't play without bloody hacks you know I'm not a good player but atleast I have the honor to play without having to hack the game

Man, I've been so busy with holiday stuff and working, I haven't had any time at all to play anything! My brother in law got a PS3 earlier this month, and he has been staying on COD Black Ops ever since. I drew his name for the family gift exchange so I picked him up a PS3 headset. Now I was going to get him the same one I have, but I would have had to wait a week to get it and it would only be arriving right before Christmas, so I just threw in an extra $10 and got him a different one so we could play this weekend.(I got it from best buy so I am doing in store pick-up)

When it comes to giving gifts with my brothers, we tell each other what to get, and we exchange it as soon as we both have them, no waiting, no wrapping, that's how brothers handle it, so I told my wife Im giving her brother the choice to play by her familys rules, or if he wants the brother treatment... who could say no to getting early gifts? Needless to say he'll be enjoying his headset right after I get after work.

Time for another weekend video game round up! This week we had a new comer to the PS3, but I'll get to it in a second. My youngest brother and I had decided to get each other Workaholics on DVD for Christmas (and I also got him a TMNT Raph RC car) but we told each other to go to Best Buy and pick it up Friday. So I got there and got my gift, turns out it was a fake out and he got me COD MW3! What a punk! Now Workaholics and the Raph car comes out to almost $40 ($25 being my original limit) but he upped it so now I am gonna get him a slamming B-day gift come January.

Anyhow, my wife and I loved MW3, I forgot how different (yet the same) the COD titles are. We kept switching to Black Ops though so we could play with her brother since I got him a headset for the PS3 for Christmas. Unfortunately all this COD has got me not playing Batman at all! I can't juggle two games at once, not my style.

It's funny, I feel like a lot of the year, I only play a handful of titles, having two games I need to play and beat is kind of a foreign concept. Now this year I'm getting God of War 3, Zelda, and I already got MW3, add on top of that the games I bought a week ago, Street Fighter, Midnight Club, and Resident Evil 5, AND I still need to beat Batman! I go on vacation on Friday and will be out till next year, so I think I will be doing some heavy duty gaming!

What about you guys? Who here is getting a game or two this year? Did you pick it out? Are you playing it already?

Was playing some more WAW had a shitty @##@@ time everyone but me was using hacks so they could fly in the air and take more damage from gun fire snot nosed little bastards can't play without bloody hacks you know I'm not a good player but atleast I have the honor to play without having to hack the game

HOnestly I think hackers should be able to be reported , have it looked it & then banned from there account for the remaining year lol! I've not encountered many cheaters on xbox (that I know of...) but I do remember running into a few on when playing left 4 dead .... Honestly I just don't understand the fun & or point of it ... why bother playing at all if you are just going to cheat

Time for another weekend video game round up! This week we had a new comer to the PS3, but I'll get to it in a second. My youngest brother and I had decided to get each other Workaholics on DVD for Christmas (and I also got him a TMNT Raph RC car) but we told each other to go to Best Buy and pick it up Friday. So I got there and got my gift, turns out it was a fake out and he got me COD MW3! What a punk! Now Workaholics and the Raph car comes out to almost $40 ($25 being my original limit) but he upped it so now I am gonna get him a slamming B-day gift come January.

Anyhow, my wife and I loved MW3, I forgot how different (yet the same) the COD titles are. We kept switching to Black Ops though so we could play with her brother since I got him a headset for the PS3 for Christmas. Unfortunately all this COD has got me not playing Batman at all! I can't juggle two games at once, not my style.

It's funny, I feel like a lot of the year, I only play a handful of titles, having two games I need to play and beat is kind of a foreign concept. Now this year I'm getting God of War 3, Zelda, and I already got MW3, add on top of that the games I bought a week ago, Street Fighter, Midnight Club, and Resident Evil 5, AND I still need to beat Batman! I go on vacation on Friday and will be out till next year, so I think I will be doing some heavy duty gaming!

What about you guys? Who here is getting a game or two this year? Did you pick it out? Are you playing it already?

I probably wont be getting any games for christmas but Ive got a crap ton in my backlog and recently expanded that backlog with enslaved, assassins creeed 2, batman Arkham City, Bulletstorm, and i have force unleashed 2 and vanquish in process. On top of that im still playing gears of war 3, ultimate mvc3 (which got a sweet new update today) and saints row 3. Im playing batman on my ps3. I have a few action/adv games on my ps3 waiting but i couldnt let batman AC sit. So far that game is way too good. Almost too much but at the same time i cant stop sometimes. It definitely feels longer and beefier than the first game.

HOnestly I think hackers should be able to be reported , have it looked it & then banned from there account for the remaining year lol! I've not encountered many cheaters on xbox (that I know of...) but I do remember running into a few on when playing left 4 dead .... Honestly I just don't understand the fun & or point of it ... why bother playing at all if you are just going to cheat

Those arent the worst, the worst are the ones that HACK YOUR account and take it over. Ive had a few friends get their accounts hacked into and they cant use it even offline for about a month while microsoft remedies the problem. They actually ban COD hackers for 9999 days which is hilarious and awesome.

I probably wont be getting any games for christmas but Ive got a crap ton in my backlog and recently expanded that backlog with enslaved, assassins creeed 2, batman Arkham City, Bulletstorm, and i have force unleashed 2 and vanquish in process. On top of that im still playing gears of war 3, ultimate mvc3 (which got a sweet new update today) and saints row 3. Im playing batman on my ps3. I have a few action/adv games on my ps3 waiting but i couldnt let batman AC sit. So far that game is way too good. Almost too much but at the same time i cant stop sometimes. It definitely feels longer and beefier than the first game.

Those arent the worst, the worst are the ones that HACK YOUR account and take it over. Ive had a few friends get their accounts hacked into and they cant use it even offline for about a month while microsoft remedies the problem. They actually ban COD hackers for 9999 days which is hilarious and awesome.

I'd hate for that to happen to me after all I have spent thousands of dollars on my XBOX last thing I want is for some cyber monkey to hijack my account I just wish these people would just stop being douche bags and play fair

Skyrim is eating my soul!

I am having a ton of fun and despite really digging MW3's multiplayer, I've been spending all my gaming time in Skyrim, and wife has started a game as well. That always attracts me a title, even if we can't play at the same time, if my wife can enjoy it there is more value.

hey is there a lot of stuff you can find underwater in this game ?.. My lcs owner said in the other games there was always a lot of hidden underwater stuff you could find so this game he picked something that could breath underwater lol just wondering if i should do the same when i get it

can't connect to EA online so I can't play Battlefield 1943 WTF? I basically payed 800 microsoft points for a game I can't effing play this day has been a terrible day first I step in Dog #$##,I skinned 40 percent of my little toe and now I can't play a game I like which cost me 800 freaking microsoft points which I could have spent on a game that actually works @grumpy@

Battlefield 3 is pretty fun online while also being a major pain in the ass with Helicopters blowing up my tankl or people planting C4 on our tank so I guess you could call it Schrodinger's video game it's in an indeterminate state between incredibly good to terrible it all depends on how well your doing LOL

Anyone played Zelda skyward Sword? Anyone know if it's any good?

I got it for Christmas (today actually) so I haven't had a chance to play it. I don't have the motion plus either so I will need to get that first. My brother has it as says its amazint and addicting. I've always had great love for the series so I am looking forward to sinking my teeth into it probably next week sometime.

Meanwhile my wife and I have been playing the crap out of MW3, we are about lvl 71 and we have been getting alot of MT Dew for the double XP, glad its over tomorrow!

Ok So I just got skyrim yesterday as a gift for xmas ... I open it up... when I do the instruction manual & the whatever you call it ... paper that is normally inside the plastic to make the green case look pretty ... dustjacket... fall out ... the plastic is still there but the paper is on the out side & the instruction book is on the outside ... the game it self is still sealed ... The instruction book also contains no english in it what so ever... My question to you guys is ... is this normal for skyrim?.. & will there be a english instruction book on the inside ?..

Picture030-1.jpg

Ok So I just got skyrim yesterday as a gift for xmas ... I open it up... when I do the instruction manual & the whatever you call it ... paper that is normally inside the plastic to make the green case look pretty ... dustjacket... fall out ... the plastic is still there but the paper is on the out side & the instruction book is on the outside ... the game it self is still sealed ... The instruction book also contains no english in it what so ever... My question to you guys is ... is this normal for skyrim?.. & will there be a english instruction book on the inside ?..

Picture030-1.jpg

Oblivion came like that as well and yes don't worry there is an english instruction book on the inside unless the factory made a mistake

My kids got Skylanders and Zelda for Xmas.

I got AC Revelations and Arkham City. I literally flipped a coin to see which one I would open to play first and AC won.

My kids and I beat Skylanders in 4 days.

Maybe I'm just used to the better graphics of the XBox now, but the Zelda graphics looked awful. I much preferred the look of Windwaker and Twilight to the new game.

My kids got Skylanders and Zelda for Xmas.

I got AC Revelations and Arkham City. I literally flipped a coin to see which one I would open to play first and AC won.

My kids and I beat Skylanders in 4 days.

Maybe I'm just used to the better graphics of the XBox now, but the Zelda graphics looked awful. I much preferred the look of Windwaker and Twilight to the new game.

the new Wii coming out after march is supposed to have 1080p high definition graphics for their games but honestly I'd rather my old nintendo64 system with goldeneye and Turok

Picture030-1.jpg

Oblivion came like that as well and yes don't worry there is an english instruction book on the inside unless the factory made a mistake

Awesome yeah :) I just went backup to futureshop & all the games were like that! I guess its because the dustjacket is reversible ... @loll@ english version was inside as well like ya said I opened it up right in front of em at the store just to double check ... I was worried i was going to get screwed though on an exchange since I already took it out of the shrink wrap ....

been playing skyrim for the past couple days & only done a couple basic missions ... this game is freaking huge... HUGE i say! Oh I was on some golden dragon claw quest & I think I learned how to speak some dragon in it ... not sure what to do about it though or how i use that power ... guess i should look in the book again