Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

downloaded a demo for the Battle LA game I played it for about five minutes and the level just freezes and it tells me I have to unlock the full game the demo stops in the middle of a firefight what the crap?

Another weekend gone, and more of the Joker's henchmen lay on the ground by Batmans feet! You guess it, played more Arkham this weekend, it's such a fun game and I love doing side missions, I find myself roaming the streets sometimes, just looking for some fist fights. I am probably the last person who owns this game to find out, but I bought a can of NOS energy drink and downloaded the Batman Beyond skin. Pretty cool looking and it wasn't a terrible drink, so it was worth it!

Also played some DCU and I about doubled my play time. I changed the font size and changed the screen so it would fit on my SD TV, but it is still hard to read txt. Been a great game, though switching between the games, I keep pressing wrong buttons on both sides of fence.

so if you buy a NOS drink it'll give you a code for a BBY skin?

Yup! There was nothing on the can about it, just a code that it said to go and input to their website and it game me a "point" that I could buy a skin with, they gave me a code, and boom, download complete on the ps3! Go buy yourself a can, I think the offer is ending soon. Its ok to drink, but AMP is better

Another weekend gone, and more of the Joker's henchmen lay on the ground by Batmans feet! You guess it, played more Arkham this weekend, it's such a fun game and I love doing side missions, I find myself roaming the streets sometimes, just looking for some fist fights. I am probably the last person who owns this game to find out, but I bought a can of NOS energy drink and downloaded the Batman Beyond skin. Pretty cool looking and it wasn't a terrible drink, so it was worth it!

Also played some DCU and I about doubled my play time. I changed the font size and changed the screen so it would fit on my SD TV, but it is still hard to read txt. Been a great game, though switching between the games, I keep pressing wrong buttons on both sides of fence.

so if you buy a NOS drink it'll give you a code for a BBY skin?

Yup! There was nothing on the can about it, just a code that it said to go and input to their website and it game me a "point" that I could buy a skin with, they gave me a code, and boom, download complete on the ps3! Go buy yourself a can, I think the offer is ending soon. Its ok to drink, but AMP is better

Hmmm,...thanks for the info. :)

Man I just ordered a crap ton of good games for the price of a brand new title, including the new batman.. cant wait til i get them! still loving saints row 3 and UMvC3. so good.

downloade some new vegas DLC packs unfortunately the Honest Hearts add on hasn't activated yet which is a shame because it's the only add on that gives you a colt M1911

Man I just ordered a crap ton of good games for the price of a brand new title, including the new batman.. cant wait til i get them! still loving saints row 3 and UMvC3. so good.

I tried grabbing the new Batman and Madden off of Amazon on Friday, but there was a wait list within seconds of them going on sale. :(

I tried grabbing the new Batman and Madden off of Amazon on Friday, but there was a wait list within seconds of them going on sale. :(

Yeah I know what you mean, they actually had Batman on there at 2 different times, I missed it the first time and it got snagged up like you said, in seconds. The second time i was ready for it and kept refreshing it. The funny thing is I did it through my phone. I tried alot of the deals but missed pretty much all of them and got lucky with batman and assassins creed 2. However I did that one so fast that i didnt choose the free shipping and got normal shipping which cost 5 bucks when the sale price was 10 and the regular 20. So essentially i got it for only 15 which wasnt worth it to me since ive never even played the series. 10 bucks was perfect for me to try the series out to see if i liked it or not. easier risk.

Sounds like people took advantage of the BF deals, good for you guys! As for me, well there really weren't any games I wanted too badly. I'm a one game at a time kind of guy, but I was able to pick up God of War 3 new from game stop for 10 bucks with my trade in and the sale, so that is a plus! I figure that will give me till Christmas to beat Batman (almost done) and then beat God of War 2 (never finished it).

Still playing DCU, but there are times when it feels very repetitive so I can only play for an hour or so before I am bored again. I can't really read everything that is displayed on the screen either since I have an SDTV, so that may play into it as well.

It's funny, I used to play non-stop COD Black Ops, but since Batman I haven't touched it at all.

Sounds like people took advantage of the BF deals, good for you guys! As for me, well there really weren't any games I wanted too badly. I'm a one game at a time kind of guy, but I was able to pick up God of War 3 new from game stop for 10 bucks with my trade in and the sale, so that is a plus! I figure that will give me till Christmas to beat Batman (almost done) and then beat God of War 2 (never finished it).

Still playing DCU, but there are times when it feels very repetitive so I can only play for an hour or so before I am bored again. I can't really read everything that is displayed on the screen either since I have an SDTV, so that may play into it as well.

It's funny, I used to play non-stop COD Black Ops, but since Batman I haven't touched it at all.

man you guys love the arkham series I couldn't figure the first one out and ended up getting extremely frustrated

man you guys love the arkham series I couldn't figure the first one out and ended up getting extremely frustrated

Honestly man, I think you missed out if you gave up. Both games were overwhelming at first, but it's such a fun game! It's as close to being Batman as you can get. All the gadgets and riddles makes you feel like a lot has been thrown at you, but once you get into the game and understand how the game mechanics flow, it all weaves together. I'm not saying it's the greatest game ever, but it's for sure the best adventure super hero based game out there.

I hear you about it being repetitive sometimes... but you have to mix it up.. there is SO much to do in that game. first, you do have to do all the little missions for the heroes (or villains) to just get yourself leveled up and get some decent gear. But you should also be taking advantage of all of the "ON DUTY" games. You get some nice levelling up and gear there too, and you get to mix it up with the opposing players in the arenas. Also, they get you the other forms of currency like Influence, Marks of Conquest, etc.. that will be important later in the game when you want to buy upgraded gear. You have to also make sure to switch between Gotham and Metropolis when you get bored.. and you might also want to experiment with different powers from your power tree or skills. If you aren't happy with the way you have spent your points on powers and skills, you can undo it all for 500 bucks in the main base. I don't know where it is in the Hall of Doom

and if you haven't yet, I definitely recommend switching to the PvP servers.. it makes it so much more fun. There is nothing like coming up to a villain or hero and beating them down in the middle of town... that keeps the game really fun.

anyhow, sorry you aren't enjoying it as much as me.. I am currently addicted to it pretty hard.

Honestly man, I think you missed out if you gave up. Both games were overwhelming at first, but it's such a fun game! It's as close to being Batman as you can get. All the gadgets and riddles makes you feel like a lot has been thrown at you, but once you get into the game and understand how the game mechanics flow, it all weaves together. I'm not saying it's the greatest game ever, but it's for sure the best adventure super hero based game out there.

sounds like I should give it another try

I hear you about it being repetitive sometimes... but you have to mix it up.. there is SO much to do in that game. first, you do have to do all the little missions for the heroes (or villains) to just get yourself leveled up and get some decent gear. But you should also be taking advantage of all of the "ON DUTY" games. You get some nice levelling up and gear there too, and you get to mix it up with the opposing players in the arenas. Also, they get you the other forms of currency like Influence, Marks of Conquest, etc.. that will be important later in the game when you want to buy upgraded gear. You have to also make sure to switch between Gotham and Metropolis when you get bored.. and you might also want to experiment with different powers from your power tree or skills. If you aren't happy with the way you have spent your points on powers and skills, you can undo it all for 500 bucks in the main base. I don't know where it is in the Hall of Doom

and if you haven't yet, I definitely recommend switching to the PvP servers.. it makes it so much more fun. There is nothing like coming up to a villain or hero and beating them down in the middle of town... that keeps the game really fun.

anyhow, sorry you aren't enjoying it as much as me.. I am currently addicted to it pretty hard.

Yeah my cousin is lvling like crazy and he is really enjoying the game. Again, because of the SD TV, it cuts off the corners of the screens, like I can read part of the chats, but half of it is missing. I really need to upgrade my TV is the root of the problem! I will admit I had a lot of fun beating up Bizarro! It's a fun game, but I think the problems are on my end.

Yeah for sure! I bet you can pick up Arkham Asylum for pretty cheap, it's pretty much the same game (but City is for sure the winner!) My cousin played the new one while vising not too long ago, he's a huge batman fan and I was surprised he had never played either game. After playing up here for a half hour or so, he went back home and bought Aslyum and is hooked!

Hey Plank, I just finished Arkham City for the second time and Freeze and a few other spots were a b*tch to get through. I'm 70% so far so now I'm gonna take care of all the side missions now and I agree with you totally great game! You Are Batman when you play this game. If you can't think like the Batman you might as well put it down. haha

I bought UMvsC and I like having the characters and new game modes but it feels like somethings missing from the first one. The first one was more polished I feel like this one was rushed a bit.. I miss the cool movies at the beginning and other little things. Overall I can live with it but I still want more characters. They need to just make a Marvel game because I don't really care about the Capcom characters.

Yeah my cousin is lvling like crazy and he is really enjoying the game. Again, because of the SD TV, it cuts off the corners of the screens, like I can read part of the chats, but half of it is missing. I really need to upgrade my TV is the root of the problem! I will admit I had a lot of fun beating up Bizarro! It's a fun game, but I think the problems are on my end.

I have no idea how youve enjoyed the current gen gaming with an SDTV... Even first year games on current systems were almost impossible to play on sdtvs bc of the fact that you couldnt read the text... i.e. dead rising... that game was horrendous to play on an sdtv. How and why have you not upgraded yet? I know they were expensive before but they are way down from then, plus of all times to look and buy one it would be now. I just bought a 51' for a decent price as ive been borrowing my mother's guest room 17' tv for the past year. You will find that once you upgrade to an HDTV and replay all your games that they feel and look sooooooooooooooooo much different. You think batman looks good now on a standard def tv? good god your mind will literally be blown out of your skull when you see it in super hi def. Go. go now and buy one. you need this. you want this. also same with MK and any other game... im still boggled youve been playing on an sdtv for this long. hahah.DO IT

I bought UMvsC and I like having the characters and new game modes but it feels like somethings missing from the first one. The first one was more polished I feel like this one was rushed a bit.. I miss the cool movies at the beginning and other little things. Overall I can live with it but I still want more characters. They need to just make a Marvel game because I don't really care about the Capcom characters.

You know I really like the new cast. I wasnt sure how I was going to handle them, but they all are very unique and play so different but at the same time all of them are really fun. I do feel like the game is more of the same, in a good way and a bad way. Its not so much different enough that the game warrants a sequel but the added extra fighters do help alot and hopefully they release the heroes and heralds free dlc mode soon so it gives us a nice unique mode to play. All the other modes in ultimate are all your usual fair of stuff. At least with MK they handed you alot of unique single player things to do. I do however love the Vs game series and this one is still pretty top.

Ever since MvC2 came out, we have always wanted more characters. I dont think it will ever stop. We got a bit spoiled on that. Nowadays capcom is focusing on balance over quantity. MvC2 was overly unbalanced but had a crap ton of fighters, MvC3 was fairly balanced but lacked quantity. ... Ultimate is just trying to merge those ideas into one game, but that takes more time than what they did with MvC2. That was just oh hey lets grab every character we ve ever made with marvel, add about 10 new characters and put it all in a game with no real tweaking since all the characters movesets are already established. Ive been awaiting the inevitable DLC characters for some time now. Im really surprised that capcom hasnt done that since the MvC series just beckons to be nickel and dimed with dlc characters. Im thinking its marvel thats preventing them from doing that since they're so picky about their selections this time around. those bastards.

EDIT: one thing i can easily tell you that i hate about Ultimate..... that stupid ass life bar set up... it messes me up everytime i tag out... i cant get used to it, its too asinine. why have your third player ABOVE your current one? if you were going to have one above you why not be the second character? but at the same time why make such a stupid set up choice to begin with.

E.H. I agree with you about the balance over quantity part and yes they could easily nickle and dime us to death with DLC's. I guess I want another MvsC2 where we could pick from 1000 characters it seemed like haha.

I wish they would do a Marvel vs DC so bad! I think if they made a game like that they could price it a $100 a pop and it would still fly off the shelves! Could you imagine playing with your favs from DC and Marvel!? I'm getting excited just thinking about it. haha

I agree with the lifebar comment. It really confused me at first.

I gotta say, I love the new characters, most noteably Phoenix Wright. He's really awesome once you get him in Turnabout mode, and I love his lvl 3 Hyper Combo.

I too love playing as Phoenix Wright. I cant believe I would. I hated the idea of his inclusion in the game. I wanted an actual fighter character instead of a joke character but honestly for a joke character he is pretty beast. Usually when they bring in joke characters they are worthless and just use up a character slot that couldve gone to someone better. PW's lvl 3 is amazingly beast and unblockable but its the build up that gets fun. His overall moves are very unorthodox until you realize how to play him. Using mayas assists to keep your opponent at bay as you search for clues and then goin into his 2nd mode and start using the evidence moves on your opponent until you build up a lvl 3 bar and go into his final 3rd mode and OBJECTION!.... theyre dead.... that right there shows how much thought and uniqueness they put into their characters for this game. Cant say that about alot of fighters these days although it seems to be catching on with them all.

E.H. I agree with you about the balance over quantity part and yes they could easily nickle and dime us to death with DLC's. I guess I want another MvsC2 where we could pick from 1000 characters it seemed like haha.

I wish they would do a Marvel vs DC so bad! I think if they made a game like that they could price it a $100 a pop and it would still fly off the shelves! Could you imagine playing with your favs from DC and Marvel!? I'm getting excited just thinking about it. haha

Yeah but if you think about it, UMvC3's roster is only 6 characters away from MvC2's original roster. Thats not too bad, its just ashame they didnt do that the first time.

Concerning the idea of Marvel vs DC, that would be awesome but you know how marvel is picky about their character selection and id imagine DC would follow suit, you would most likely have a hard time being able to play as your favorite marvel and dc characters.... that is unless you are a fan of the heavy hitters and the soon to be released in new movies/comic series'/promotions.... then youd be set.

Yeah for sure! I bet you can pick up Arkham Asylum for pretty cheap, it's pretty much the same game (but City is for sure the winner!) My cousin played the new one while vising not too long ago, he's a huge batman fan and I was surprised he had never played either game. After playing up here for a half hour or so, he went back home and bought Aslyum and is hooked!

I played Ayslum for PS3 I;m planning on renting it if I have enough cash it couldn't hurt for me to play something other than a first person shooter

Yeah man, I am guilty as charged for still having an SDTV! Honestly now that I think about it, I am the only person I know that doesn't have one already! It's kinda funny, I have a kick ass sound system setup in our bedroom, dolby 5.1 surround with a nice sub. The sounds from the game are great, when I play COD, the room is nothing up gun fire and being able to hear what direction it comes from sure does help at times too!

Maybe I will get one with my income tax refund next year...

finally plaed some more Black Ops and got my ass handed to me my Kill death Ratio is apparently 0.58% @grumpy@

I've been getting back into black ops as well, but I am having the opposite happen to me. First game I played since getting Batman I was 40 and 8, giving me a 5 ratio, then the next game I was 20 and 2, giving me a 10. Im an ok player, but I dont get scores like that. I figure a lot of people moved on to MW3, so honestly Ive feel like there are a lot less experienced people on Black Ops now, but that is just my opinion.

Actually I came home from work the other day and my wife was playing online in a match with her brother (he just got a ps3) and I was really surprised since she never wants to play with me! Then last night that is all we did from the time I got home till about 2am, even then I was the person saying I was tired and she kept saying "one more game, one more game!" Her best match she was 5 and 8, I was so proud!

Oh, and I am pretty sure I have been able to talk her into the big screen, I just kept saying "imagine how cool this would be on a bigger, sharper screen!"

finally plaed some more Black Ops and got my ass handed to me my Kill death Ratio is apparently 0.58% @grumpy@

I've been getting back into black ops as well, but I am having the opposite happen to me. First game I played since getting Batman I was 40 and 8, giving me a 5 ratio, then the next game I was 20 and 2, giving me a 10. Im an ok player, but I dont get scores like that. I figure a lot of people moved on to MW3, so honestly Ive feel like there are a lot less experienced people on Black Ops now, but that is just my opinion.

Actually I came home from work the other day and my wife was playing online in a match with her brother (he just got a ps3) and I was really surprised since she never wants to play with me! Then last night that is all we did from the time I got home till about 2am, even then I was the person saying I was tired and she kept saying "one more game, one more game!" Her best match she was 5 and 8, I was so proud!

Oh, and I am pretty sure I have been able to talk her into the big screen, I just kept saying "imagine how cool this would be on a bigger, sharper screen!"

it's also on PS3 I'm on Xbox and I'm also only level 19since I mostly play offline 1 on 1 matches with my brother

Just started up Arkham City on ps3... good god there are way more things to do and find compared to AA. Its almost overwhelming but not too bad. Riddlers stuff is alot more complex since you do some with catwoman as well. Really really loving it. I love the little nuances and nods to older characters and some re-imaginings of past characters that they do in the series.

I finally got my new HDTV and have been playing games all weekend.(im also sick so that helps give me an excuse haha) But going from a borrowed 17 inch to a 51 inch is amazing. Playing fighting games looks so crazy now with the size of everything. And now I can use HDMI on my ps3( i cant seem to find an hdmi slot on my 360 but i think they left that out of the older models) The 17 inch only hit up to 720 but honestly ive always read that you cant really see a whole lot of difference between 720 and 1080 and really i cant tell that much at all. It does look great overall tho.