Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Ok I downloaded DC Universe on my lunch break, it was actually pretty quick, I would say from looking in the store to being able to start a game after the patch, maybe 30 min? I was worried about the 16 gig thing, but I guess it's only to play it because the game was like 300 MB or something. I will probably play some Batman tonight but will start playing DCU sometime either after the wife falls asleep, or this weekend.

BTW, is there some sort of friends list? Just wondering if us TNI guys can create a team or something.

yeah, the initial download from the PSN store is only a few hundred MB... but then once you launch the game itself you have to download 17 gigs of stuff inside of the start screen.

It took me a long time to download the game, split over 2 sessions.. maybe 12-14 hours. I don't know if its because I have the very first PS3 model or my DSL connection isn't lightning fast, but it always takes me hella long to download from the PSN.

but it was well worth it. I am addicted to this game now. It's frickin awesome and I haven't even visited Gotham City yet.

When you get your character up and going let me know. I know there are more of us playing this game, but I don't have anybody on my friends list yet. I am currently playing as IMPERIUSREX

on a semi-related note that is one huge problem i have with the PS3, downloads take forever compared to my 360, so I know it's not my net connection. The size of ps downloads are bigger, and their updates are more frequent. If i want to play a game new to me, but that has been out for a bit, I know i am going to leave it downloading a whole night before I get to play! (looking at you Heavy Rain and 3-D dot game heroes!)

on a semi-related note that is one huge problem i have with the PS3, downloads take forever compared to my 360, so I know it's not my net connection. The size of ps downloads are bigger, and their updates are more frequent. If i want to play a game new to me, but that has been out for a bit, I know i am going to leave it downloading a whole night before I get to play! (looking at you Heavy Rain and 3-D dot game heroes!)

Well before it used to be even worse. Every game required a mandatory install... some even took 20 minutes JUST to install. i.e. MGS4 which was the worst.

This past three day weekend was my brothers wedding, and I was the best man, so I didn't have a ton of time with all of that going on, but I was able to spend a few hours playing games.

First up I played some more Batman, this time I didn't delete my game! I almost to where I was last time, though I havent gotten nearly as many side items and missions done as before. It's such a good game, I honestly can't say enough about it. It the best superhero game to date, hands down.

Secondly I also played some more DCU, what a great game that has been so far! My only complaint, its made for a widescreen HDTV, which I do not have. Some of the txt has been tough to read, but Ive been doing well with it. Now doing raids and the higher level stuff will be tough, but the solo stuff hasnt been too bad. I really missed playing these types of games, glad I can play one for free!

Secondly I also played some more DCU, what a great game that has been so far! My only complaint, its made for a widescreen HDTV, which I do not have. Some of the txt has been tough to read, but Ive been doing well with it. Now doing raids and the higher level stuff will be tough, but the solo stuff hasnt been too bad. I really missed playing these types of games, glad I can play one for free!

my "IMPERIUSREX" character just reached level 19 and I am still getting beat down by most other players that I duel with. And it sucks because most of the time I am winning the fight and just before I defeat them they use all of their healing soda and beat me up... lol.. totally ghey tactic there. The system shouldn't allow the healing soda during duels.

As for the screen issue, I have a widescreen HDTV and I had issues with the text thing and the map getting cut off on the edges too. But you can go inside the settings menu and shrink down the user interface and fix that.

my "IMPERIUSREX" character just reached level 19 and I am still getting beat down by most other players that I duel with. And it sucks because most of the time I am winning the fight and just before I defeat them they use all of their healing soda and beat me up... lol.. totally ghey tactic there. The system shouldn't allow the healing soda during duels.

As for the screen issue, I have a widescreen HDTV and I had issues with the text thing and the map getting cut off on the edges too. But you can go inside the settings menu and shrink down the user interface and fix that.

Thanks for the tip! are you doing PvP? I had to go the other route, PvP is too hardcore for me, I'll admit it! I take it you went the hero route? I am all villian baby! Give me a shout, my character is DarkPolarIce, my PSN name is Polar3000. I think I am only a lvl 4 or something, pretty low lol

I started playing the campeign in MW3 (mainly since i started getting my rear handed to me every match i played) and it's suprisingly addicting and good so far. I look forward to finishing it up soon. I beat uncharted 3 as well. I personally think it's worth a play and it's a great game. It is admittedly no where near the level that 2 was, or even 1. If you don't already have a connection to the characters, it won't work, where as you could possibly skip 1 and still enjoy 2.

I started playing the campeign in MW3 (mainly since i started getting my rear handed to me every match i played)

join the club I got kiled so many times I'm only like level 9 online after three days of gameplay

Thanks for the tip! are you doing PvP? I had to go the other route, PvP is too hardcore for me, I'll admit it! I take it you went the hero route? I am all villian baby! Give me a shout, my character is DarkPolarIce, my PSN name is Polar3000. I think I am only a lvl 4 or something, pretty low lol

well, IMPERIUSREX is a hero on the PvE server because I was brand new and didn't know how the game worked and I didn't want to get killed all day while trying to do missions and stuff. But it get's a little old because there are times you want to fight somebody and they might now have any interest.lol... and there are some feats where you are supposed to kill 5 villains etc, and it is really hard to find them.

So I just decided to make a Villain on the PvP server. His name is DocD00M and yeah, he looks like Dr.Doom. I just started playing him (only level 4) and have already been killed twice by hero players while just minding my own business lol.

well, IMPERIUSREX is a hero on the PvE server because I was brand new and didn't know how the game worked and I didn't want to get killed all day while trying to do missions and stuff. But it get's a little old because there are times you want to fight somebody and they might now have any interest.lol... and there are some feats where you are supposed to kill 5 villains etc, and it is really hard to find them.

So I just decided to make a Villain on the PvP server. His name is DocD00M and yeah, he looks like Dr.Doom. I just started playing him (only level 4) and have already been killed twice by hero players while just minding my own business lol.

Yeah I am on the PvE server, Im going to be playing this kinda casually, so a PvE server more suites how often I am gonna play. Im only at lvl 5, last night it said it started downloading a patch, so it was moving along at about 80% my internet stopped working. So I checked this morning and internet was back up, but it made me start the download again! My wife will want to just the PS3, so I'll have to wait till tonight to try it again.

Does it need to download patches alot? Feels like Ive spent more time downloading stuff then actually playing.

Yeah I am on the PvE server, Im going to be playing this kinda casually, so a PvE server more suites how often I am gonna play. Im only at lvl 5, last night it said it started downloading a patch, so it was moving along at about 80% my internet stopped working. So I checked this morning and internet was back up, but it made me start the download again! My wife will want to just the PS3, so I'll have to wait till tonight to try it again.

Does it need to download patches alot? Feels like Ive spent more time downloading stuff then actually playing.

I had to download the new patch yesterday too.. so I didn't get to play until last night. It's the first big download since I have been playing... so I don't know if there are a lot of patches.

I just switched IMPERIUSREX over to the PvP server. You can change whatever server you are on in the big base.. Legion of Doom for the villains, Watchtower for the heroes. Look for the big yellow beam reactor looking thing. I think PvP is alot more fun, much more action... but it might be best until you have leveled up a bit and collected some useful gear

It's funny I started to redownload the patch yesterday while I was at home on my lunch break, then when I got home, it had finished and signed me in, I picked up the controller and within 30 seconds of being home I was in. I got my cousin to DL it and play but we must be on two different PvE servers because we were in the same spot but didnt see each other. I think tonight we will try switching to a PvP and hopefully meeting up with each other.

I hope there arent tons of patches all the time, that is one thing I do NOT miss about WoW

anyone else play the Halo anniversary game yet? I like how you can switch between old graphics and new graphics that actually caught me by suprise

That sounds pretty cool. I honestly haven't touched my 360 in over a year, but this and Gears of War 3 make me want to wipe the dust off of it.

I started playing the campeign in MW3 (mainly since i started getting my rear handed to me every match i played)

join the club I got kiled so many times I'm only like level 9 online after three days of gameplay

It's funny when I first started I was doing okay to pretty good. I think my problem came when with more unlocks, and trying too many new things. Sometimes you need to stick to what you know to win or have a good k/d ratio.(although you won't get as many challenges done and thus level slower)

Yesterday I went to sign on and the PSN was down, for a few minutes I started to worry that it would be down for a month like last time. So I spent some more time at Arkham City, such a good game. Challenging but not so much so that I want to quit and move on. The boss battles are kinda easy too, but its a good story all together.

Didn't get a chance to play and DCU, though I am hoping to switch to the pvp server soon.

It's funny when I first started I was doing okay to pretty good. I think my problem came when with more unlocks, and trying too many new things. Sometimes you need to stick to what you know to win or have a good k/d ratio.(although you won't get as many challenges done and thus level slower)

I found that I was doing better with the default classes in multiplayer but I just can't get the hang of the maps I'm more of a long range fighter using the M-16 but there's to much cover for enemies to hide behind and the maps just seem to crowded with stuff like debris or broken vehicles

Another weekend gone, and more of the Joker's henchmen lay on the ground by Batmans feet! You guess it, played more Arkham this weekend, it's such a fun game and I love doing side missions, I find myself roaming the streets sometimes, just looking for some fist fights. I am probably the last person who owns this game to find out, but I bought a can of NOS energy drink and downloaded the Batman Beyond skin. Pretty cool looking and it wasn't a terrible drink, so it was worth it!

Also played some DCU and I about doubled my play time. I changed the font size and changed the screen so it would fit on my SD TV, but it is still hard to read txt. Been a great game, though switching between the games, I keep pressing wrong buttons on both sides of fence.

Played a crap ton of Saints Row 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 this weekend. Man those games are too fun. I put in alot of time on both series' of games and these are even better! There are some things that i dont like that they left out in SR3 that was in SR2 and i have a few nitpicks for marvel 3 but aside from the small gripes they are still quite excellent. All the newly added characters in UMvC3 are amazingly fun... I cant believe im enjoying playing as phoenix wright like i am. Hes got an amazing lvl 3 unblockable super that is just rediculously awesome.... takes alot to get it tho.

I gotta take the Halo anniversary back on wednesday but I think I'll return it tommorow as I just haven't been in the mood for videogames lately plus it's kinda lame playing online when I've only got one friend on there

Another weekend gone, and more of the Joker's henchmen lay on the ground by Batmans feet! You guess it, played more Arkham this weekend, it's such a fun game and I love doing side missions, I find myself roaming the streets sometimes, just looking for some fist fights. I am probably the last person who owns this game to find out, but I bought a can of NOS energy drink and downloaded the Batman Beyond skin. Pretty cool looking and it wasn't a terrible drink, so it was worth it!

Also played some DCU and I about doubled my play time. I changed the font size and changed the screen so it would fit on my SD TV, but it is still hard to read txt. Been a great game, though switching between the games, I keep pressing wrong buttons on both sides of fence.

so if you buy a NOS drink it'll give you a code for a BBY skin?