Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I rented Assasin's creed 2 today and I honestly don't see why it's so popular the controls are weird and there's so much running

I thought the same thing. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I just didn't get into it really. There are a few franchises out there like that

I rented Assasin's creed 2 today and I honestly don't see why it's so popular the controls are weird and there's so much running

I thought the same thing. Maybe I didn't give it enough time, but I just didn't get into it really. There are a few franchises out there like that

I've barely played it myself but everytime I find myself just bored the moment I start it up was kinda good for a laugh when I got the acheivement for the baby steps I was thinking Enzio's father was going to throw his baby out of the window if he didn't move like the movie 300.

Finally got some funds and want to splurge on some gameage. Really really want to play dead island and a friend of mine is waiting on me to join him and its $46 on amazon right now. I also want to grab me some gears 3.... trying to find a deal where i can get both.... may end up just hitting gears and then get di on amazon. such a debacle....

So i found a pretty good deal on dead island and gears 3. I get a $25 gift card when i buy DI and I can use it on Gears 3. Crappy thing is I have to wait 6 hours before i can even use it. I ve been playing DI today for alittle over 2 hours and Ive been thoroughly enjoying it. I havent experienced any glitches or anything yet but i believe they actually fixed alot of things recently. I only played it single player which made it feel very eery and very tense. Im looking forward to playing with my buddy tonight to see how what the co op is like but Id highly suggest the game if you liked or even remotely liked Left 4 Dead series. Its alot llike that but provides alot more. Story, RPG elements, etc.

creed is not your normal shoot em up type game which is something a lot of people are not use to & may be a reason for the dislike .... also you are jumping in with number ?2 ? 2 & half ?.. so its like jumping in half way through to a random page on a book you are not invested into the story of it either

New longer trailer! This trailer also has a audio script by ezio rather than music this time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1Il4JynSY&feature=player_embedded

creed is not your normal shoot em up type game which is something a lot of people are not use to & may be a reason for the dislike .... also you are jumping in with number ?2 ? 2 & half ?.. so its like jumping in half way through to a random page on a book you are not invested into the story of it either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH1Il4JynSY&feature=player_embedded

wel I heard the first one sucked and my video-store Video Network may have the best movie selection on Vancouver island but they're somewhat lacking in games

Personally, I liked the first Assassin's Creed, but I could see why some people may not like it.

I still need to get around to playing AC2...I've had it since last Christmas but still haven't opened it. @lol@

I still need to get around to playing AC2...I've had it since last Christmas but still haven't opened it. @lol@

Thats how Ive been with Mass Effect 2.... altho i never played the first one, which i hear Im not missing alot and ME2 improves upon ME1s formula so much better. Im not one for starting in between a series of games, especially when they have a vast amount of story but Ive heard so many mixed feelings with ME1 and I just lack the interest compared to the amount of people that cant stop playing or talking about how good ME2 is. With AssCreed, I always wanted to get into the series as i love stealth games, but heard so many bad things that plagued the first one and how they have greatly improved upon the series with every sequel it only makes me want to try those more. And since you play a different character in 2 and beyond it makes no sense to me to take up Altairs quest when Ezio is in the rest of them after that. Why should I care about Altair at all if they are going to have Ezio in the rest.... its like if they made the first God of War feature his brother Deimos as the main character and story and then the rest of the GOW games have Kratos star in them.

Personally, I liked the first Assassin's Creed, but I could see why some people may not like it.

Finish one first if you have not :) Whatever AC may be it has a total of 4 games so far & its only cult following already so it must be doing something right :)

Thats how Ive been with Mass Effect 2.... altho i never played the first one, which i hear Im not missing alot and ME2 improves upon ME1s formula so much better. Im not one for starting in between a series of games, especially when they have a vast amount of story but Ive heard so many mixed feelings with ME1 and I just lack the interest compared to the amount of people that cant stop playing or talking about how good ME2 is.

If you skip straight to ME2, I would at least read about the story online, or I have a feeling you'll be pretty lost when you start ME2.

Honestly, what made ME1 so great for me wasn't the gameplay itself...because it had a LOT of issues...but the story was so engrossing that I couldn't put it down, and I had to keep playing to see what happened next. I've never played a game that had so much depth in a story...they really put a lot of work into the background information, the alien races, etc, etc.

Never did get matches in with Rock and TS together.... we need to do that sometime, although that sounds almost impossible now with the biggest game season already starting and all these blockbusters hitting. but we should try sometime soon.. like all at the same time haha. Ive already played TS and I havent played MK in forever.

Assassins Creed is my favorite franchise right now. The idea of using your DNA to relive your ancestors lives is cool. The historical aspect is fun. And the story is just epic. Especially if you're doing all the side missions like the Subject 16 parts. Can't wait for Revelations in Nov.

Right now I'm playing JustCause2. That's quite fun as well. I never played the first one.

• Like 1

Assassins Creed is my favorite franchise right now. The idea of using your DNA to relive your ancestors lives is cool. The historical aspect is fun. And the story is just epic. Especially if you're doing all the side missions like the Subject 16 parts. Can't wait for Revelations in Nov.

Right now I'm playing JustCause2. That's quite fun as well. I never played the first one.

what version are you getting ?.. I'd get the gamestop version for the extra stuff but I am in canada ... @twisted@ damn it ... lol

Man I m really really still digging Dead Island... this game got such a bad rep. I havent had any glitches where it hindered gameplay or messed up and corrupted my game. Ive been playing with a buddy of mine through the whole thing and its is a blast. Its really fun torturing the zombies and severing off limbs, shocking them, blowing them up and all that. Great game for being their studios first production title. Ive actually been neglecting gears 3 because of DI... what the hell is wrong with me?? its that good.

Never did get matches in with Rock and TS together.... we need to do that sometime, although that sounds almost impossible now with the biggest game season already starting and all these blockbusters hitting. but we should try sometime soon.. like all at the same time haha. Ive already played TS and I havent played MK in forever.

Yeah we never did get it popping with all three of us at the same time, but I am still game if yall are! I havent played MK in a while though, I've been addicted to COD. Im almost at my 5th prestige, I just want to get to 12 so I can get the golden guns!

Jeez I'm still addicted to Red Dead Redemption, still have yet to play Undead Nightmare. I may have beat it 8 or more times(lost count), I've played the good guy angle only disarming & tying them up while I've played the bad guy shooting most people just for saying hello to me (depends on mah mood). The hunting is just fun and guilt free, while I love going to Thieves Landing and shooting first and shooting with no queztions later.....I may have a problem.....And just waiting for the bad guys to run under or near a gas-lamp so I can set them on fire after shooting it is just magic......even more so shooting the dynamite in the miners caverns is kewl.....yup I do have problems.....I do know that tossing dynamite at the bears doesn't do anything to them but make them mad.....