Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Quake may return to it's roots

http://www.ubergizmo...n-to-its-roots/

hopefully this doesn't happen I want more games with the Strogg not Cthulu monsters

Id prefer its roots as it brought the creepy when FPS's was first starting out. I would just hope that it brings something new and original as there are way too many FPS games out and not alot of them do anything original. Honestly I have to restate, I hated Quake wars... that game pissed on quakes name.... It was also very unoriginal. Strogg are just cyborgs.... But quake in general with its dark tones and NIN soundtrack ... it was just awesome... Altho im thinking by bringing it back its almost impossible to rekindle that awesomeness since its been so long and it needs such an overhaul.

hopefully this doesn't happen I want more games with the Strogg not Cthulu monsters

Id prefer its roots as it brought the creepy when FPS's was first starting out. I would just hope that it brings something new and original as there are way too many FPS games out and not alot of them do anything original. Honestly I have to restate, I hated Quake wars... that game pissed on quakes name.... It was also very unoriginal. Strogg are just cyborgs.... But quake in general with its dark tones and NIN soundtrack ... it was just awesome... Altho im thinking by bringing it back its almost impossible to rekindle that awesomeness since its been so long and it needs such an overhaul.

I actually enjoy Quake wars myself but I see what you mean

I think it would be cool if ID made the new Quake game back to its roots considering that Quake I was completely unrelated game to the other Quake games - Quake 2 was originaly called something something else, but since ID found out that the title name was copyrighted, they decided to rename the game as Quake II. Be swell that they made a proper follow up to Quake I.

what was the video game on breaking bad being played?.. I loved the duck hunt styled gun controller lol

I dont watch the show but I heard that it was "RAGE"..... its coming out soon and its by ID software, same guys that did Quake and Doom series.

In the show he had a gun & was shooting the badguys with it i have since read that was fake though ... also ... you should watch the show it is awesome :) Its too bad that was fake I think a game like that with a gun (duck hunt style ) would be cool to have for a xbox

spoilers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCNSF7lsoSY

In the show he had a gun & was shooting the badguys with it i have since read that was fake though ... also ... you should watch the show it is awesome :) Its too bad that was fake I think a game like that with a gun (duck hunt style ) would be cool to have for a xbox

spoilers

yep that was rage... and its not fake.. We dont know if playstation move/ kinect will work with it or not. And there have been plenty of games like that come out for consoles with guns as controllers.

Alright guys, I know I was gone for a bit, but now I am back. I downloaded the newest map-pack for Call of Duty, so I am now offically up to date with the game on PS3. While I was away I got a chance to play the newest zombies pack, and man, they are fun!

I also picked up my headset for the PS3 too, I havent gotten a chance to use it yet since it's been a busy week so far, but I think I'll be able to play a little bit tonight and tomorrow.

I've played some MK over the weekend too, but I hate playing against my younger brother because he beats me. I am ready to play some games guys, bring it on!

spoilers

Dude I cannot effing wait for this game @bounce@. anyway now that I got that outta me system I'm playing the latest Turok and I gotta say it's dissapointing the weapons are pretty chunky,the controls don't respond right away and I'm pretty sure that if someone sliced a dinosaur's neck blood's gonna spray everywhere not just a little squirt

Hey spystreak, is your tag line pic from Goldeneye? If so, bravo sir!

nah just my go to gun on Modern Warfare 2 I haven't found any Goldeneye onesI could actually use for a signature

nah just my go to gun on Modern Warfare 2 I haven't found any Goldeneye onesI could actually use for a signature

Damn, I thought the txt looked like Goldeneye and maybe it was from the new one released on wii.

Anyone else stoked that Goldeneye is being re-re-released for PS3 and 360? I for one will be sure to pick it up this holiday season!

Damn, I thought the txt looked like Goldeneye and maybe it was from the new one released on wii.

Anyone else stoked that Goldeneye is being re-re-released for PS3 and 360? I for one will be sure to pick it up this holiday season!

I definately am bout time it came to 360

Dude I cannot effing wait for this game @bounce@. anyway now that I got that outta me system I'm playing the latest Turok and I gotta say it's dissapointing the weapons are pretty chunky,the controls don't respond right away and I'm pretty sure that if someone sliced a dinosaur's neck blood's gonna spray everywhere not just a little squirt

I had such high hopes for the latest Turok. They were all stating its got full multiplayer co op and all that. I was so stoked, I loved the first 2 on the N64 back in the day and the idea of a modernized version of it got me excited. Too bad it sucks hard. I never bought it when it first came out, ended up finding it at a bargain bin price of $8 new about a year after its release. The co op multiplayer is weak and shoddy, you only get like 3 levels and they are insanely effing hard. The main game in itself is ridiculously hard even on a normal setting. It seemed awesome from the demo and looked really really damn good. Its a shame. It also reminds me of what they were promising with the game "Blacksite: Area 51" which had promise and they were going to have like 4 player co op and decided to later axe that idea and completely botch the whole game entirely. Its the sad fate of most of todays FPS games where there are so many that come out and most end up total turds.

I had such high hopes for the latest Turok. They were all stating its got full multiplayer co op and all that. I was so stoked, I loved the first 2 on the N64 back in the day and the idea of a modernized version of it got me excited. Too bad it sucks hard. I never bought it when it first came out, ended up finding it at a bargain bin price of $8 new about a year after its release. The co op multiplayer is weak and shoddy, you only get like 3 levels and they are insanely effing hard. The main game in itself is ridiculously hard even on a normal setting. It seemed awesome from the demo and looked really really damn good. Its a shame. It also reminds me of what they were promising with the game "Blacksite: Area 51" which had promise and they were going to have like 4 player co op and decided to later axe that idea and completely botch the whole game entirely. Its the sad fate of most of todays FPS games where there are so many that come out and most end up total turds.

agreed I had several of the original Turoks for 64 and the one for PS2 I can't remember what it was called but the lastest one is just horrible

Still going strong on MK. I think this is the longest I've stayed on one game since I was hooked on WoW. @lol@

I played a little this weekend and grabbed a few more achievements that I didn't have yet. The only ones I have left are the one for 2500 respect points in king of the hill matches (which I will be able to get pretty easily...I have like 1200 now), and the one for mastering all characters...and I don't think I'll ever get that achievement. I have no desire to spend that much time on every character in the game, or leave my xbox on in practice mode for that many hours. @lol@

http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/DarthJoeMT/

I'm surprised I was able to get some of the ranked achievements, like 8 throws during a match, winning by letting time run out, and coming back in a match with only 10% life left...but I was able to find people that were crappy enough at this game to exploit them for the achievements. It didn't really make me feel like I "achieved" anything in completing them, other than making myself feel like an a$$hole for making bad players feel worse about themselves. @lol@

I'm guessing I'll probably be done playing this game in a few weeks, because Gears 3 is coming out. I'm sure I'll be playing that quite a bit. :)

Still going strong on MK. I think this is the longest I've stayed on one game since I was hooked on WoW. @lol@

I played a little this weekend and grabbed a few more achievements that I didn't have yet. The only ones I have left are the one for 2500 respect points in king of the hill matches (which I will be able to get pretty easily...I have like 1200 now), and the one for mastering all characters...and I don't think I'll ever get that achievement. I have no desire to spend that much time on every character in the game, or leave my xbox on in practice mode for that many hours. @lol@

http://www.xboxgamer...rch/DarthJoeMT/

I'm surprised I was able to get some of the ranked achievements, like 8 throws during a match, winning by letting time run out, and coming back in a match with only 10% life left...but I was able to find people that were crappy enough at this game to exploit them for the achievements. It didn't really make me feel like I "achieved" anything in completing them, other than making myself feel like an a$hole for making bad players feel worse about themselves. @lol@

I'm guessing I'll probably be done playing this game in a few weeks, because Gears 3 is coming out. I'm sure I'll be playing that quite a bit. :)

I decided open a quick easy backlog game just to have something new which was Afro Samurai... The game is pretty but repetitive and alittle boring. I m a fan of the movies but this game isnt keeping my attention for very long. Its not a horrible game by anymeans but im very glad i bought this game for under 10 bucks. Ive also been pretty deep in MK and MvC3. Some of the few games I can always keep coming back to and always having fun with them.. I kind of feel like that with just about every fighting game tho but never have i put this much time into them. I recently went back to Soul Calibur 4 after a friend decided to buy it and got a few achievos i hadnt yet got as well.

I also know what you mean about those stupid ass MK ranked achievo/trophies.... they are stupid and make no sense. Achives/trophies should be fun and challenging to do, not be stupid and pointless and make you play like a douche to get them. I never really bother with much rank matches as most people already play like douches on there anyway and do anythign to get the win... even cheat and find infinites/glitches/etc etc.

There is about to be a whole swarm of awesome coming out soon and I cant wait for gears 3... going to be amazing.

Also I decided to add you to xbox live, in case you get/ have any other fighters and gears 3 multi p will be fun as well.

have not played anything lately since i finished singularity ... Not in the mood i guess... Just have to wait for dark souls to hit... hopefully its not pure crap

have not played anything lately since i finished singularity ... Not in the mood i guess... Just have to wait for dark souls to hit... hopefully its not pure crap

I haven't been playing anything either I returned Turok early and just don't feel like playing anything

Still rockin' the Black Ops... just enjoyed the 24/7 Nuketown Double XP weekend... so nice! Honestly I'll stay on this game till Batman comes out, with all the expansions I just feel like Ive invested too much!

haha you have, if youve bought all 4 map packs youve already paid for the game a second time... or rather a second game of it... I like COD but not that much haha.