Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Just got done playing a game of Madden. I gotta say, IMO, Madden 11 is still not on par with NFL 2K5. Madden is a very broken football game on a ton of levels. But I had some of those moments where I thought my guy had come down in bounds with a catch, and it was called out. I challenged it, and from every angle, it was obvious that he was out. So, what does the ref do? Call reversed. I won the challenge. Then later on in another challenge, it was obvious that my guy had landed in bounds. They said I made the catch. Was challenged. Refs overturned it saying I was out. The refs on that game are far worse than anything in real life. And why have fumbles become a button masher's dream? I'm no masher. Even when my guy is clearly the first one on the ball, it's lost to someone that can mash 1000/sec. This game is officially on my no play list. I tried to avoid playing 2011 this entire year, and I got sucked into a tournament with some friends because they needed someone to fill a spot. That will be the last time I play that game. It's obvious to me now why EA lost the NBA battle. They continue to try and live off of their name without ever trying to make a better game. Eventually this crappy product that they put out year after year is going to catch up to them once their exclusive license runs out.

rant over.

Man don't even get me started on the Madden franchise! If it wasn't for updated rosters, there would be no reason to rebuy this game every year! I stopped buying them when they threw QB vision at us, what a joke! And the whole "challenging" issue? Really? How about the refs just always make the right calls, it's a computer! I wish someone, anyone else could use the NFL in their games, anyone! Madden has warn out his welcome in video games.

Man don't even get me started on the Madden franchise! If it wasn't for updated rosters, there would be no reason to rebuy this game every year! I stopped buying them when they threw QB vision at us, what a joke! And the whole "challenging" issue? Really? How about the refs just always make the right calls, it's a computer! I wish someone, anyone else could use the NFL in their games, anyone! Madden has warn out his welcome in video games.

I remember back when Gameday was kicking Madden's ass as far as football games went back in the late 90's. I remember playing the hell out of gameday '99 with my good friend at the time. We used to sit up in his loft bedroom, get baked, and play that game for hours.

I remember back when Gameday was kicking Madden's ass as far as football games went back in the late 90's. I remember playing the hell out of gameday '99 with my good friend at the time. We used to sit up in his loft bedroom, get baked, and play that game for hours.

MAN! gameday was the shiiiiiiiiiiit. I dont play many sports games.... actually hardly any unless they are more fun and less simulator. The only sports games I enjoyed that were a good bit of both arcade and simulator was the early versions of gameday and all the dreamcast sports titles i.e. NBA2k, NFL2k, etc etc. One of my other all time favorite sports games was NFL blitz... I used to play that game for hours and even do seasons in it. I cant say that about alot of others ive played. Also just about every iteration of NBA jam was also quite awesome.

MAN! gameday was the shiiiiiiiiiiit. I dont play many sports games.... actually hardly any unless they are more fun and less simulator. The only sports games I enjoyed that were a good bit of both arcade and simulator was the early versions of gameday and all the dreamcast sports titles i.e. NBA2k, NFL2k, etc etc. One of my other all time favorite sports games was NFL blitz... I used to play that game for hours and even do seasons in it. I cant say that about alot of others ive played. Also just about every iteration of NBA jam was also quite awesome.

I used to love NFL2K on Dreamcast! I loved my Dreamcast period, but it never quite took off (wish I still had it) I started to play Madden on the 64, but then when we got Dreamcast I switch to 2K and didn't look back! I would play as the Vikings and Randy Moss could catch anything! Such a fun game, I had more good times playing those games in that short of time then I have the entire stretch of playing Madden. I was just telling a friend the other night how annoying it is that Madden holds the NFL rights, and how an NFL Blitz now would be awesome! Yeah it's got a hyper-reality to it, but it's so much fun!

And yes, getting baked is the best way to enjoy games!

singularity is fun ... but hard ... also kind of annoying because people keep yelling at you in gibberish ... ah i mean Russian @loll@

i tried playing a game on facebook &suddenly it was asking me for my credit card numbers so i could upgrade stuff in the game with my $$$ my real$$$ not game $$$ :S @grumpy@ @grumpy@ ask me if I have ever touched a facebook game after that @loll@

i tried playing a game on facebook &suddenly it was asking me for my credit card numbers so i could upgrade stuff in the game with my $$ my real$$ not game $$ :S @grumpy@ @grumpy@ ask me if I have ever touched a facebook game after that @loll@

Yeah I can pay cash for extra upgrades too, that or wait a while till I can afford it with in game money. No way am I trading away real money for fake!

Ahem... allow me to help with the baiting @firedevil@

Toysniper and EvilHayato! Where were you guys! I was playing some MK tonight and thought yall might be around... guess your scared!

:o

RockthePlank --> @poke2@ <-- them other guys

RockthePlank --> @PContest@ <-- them other guys

Toysniper and EvilHayato! Where were you guys! I was playing some MK tonight and thought yall might be around... guess your scared!

hah i was on at one point but i was getting drunk with a buddy of mine and didnt realize. I didnt know we were going to be playing tonight otherwise i would totally be there.. Im good for tomorrow night if you are down... btw did you get a mic yet>?>?? if not you should get one on the double..... fo reallllllll

hah i was on at one point but i was getting drunk with a buddy of mine and didnt realize. I didnt know we were going to be playing tonight otherwise i would totally be there.. Im good for tomorrow night if you are down... btw did you get a mic yet>?>?? if not you should get one on the double..... fo reallllllll

Lol, no we didnt have an official game set to play, but I was just on anyways. I will probably be down for a little action tonight though!

Lol, no we didnt have an official game set to play, but I was just on anyways. I will probably be down for a little action tonight though!

cool... actually its funny, whenever I see you on, I automatically assume you are on netflix/hulu etc etc... I dont really ever see you on playing a game haha.

I wish the game companies would do a better job of distributing games more evenly throughout the year. There hasn't been anything good that's been released over the last three or four months. I mean, I understand why they do it...releasing games before the holidays, and during the winter months when they can drive sales more...but I hate how from late spring to late fall there are no new games, and then we get bombarded with about ten to fifteen great games from October to March.

The only game that's come out recently that has piqued my interest is this game:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1182264p1.html

Was curious if anyone here has played it or knows anything about it?

I wish the game companies would do a better job of distributing games more evenly throughout the year. There hasn't been anything good that's been released over the last three or four months. I mean, I understand why they do it...releasing games before the holidays, and during the winter months when they can drive sales more...but I hate how from late spring to late fall there are no new games, and then we get bombarded with about ten to fifteen great games from October to March.

The only game that's come out recently that has piqued my interest is this game:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1182264p1.html

i don't mind... by the time i finish one the others are normally on sale .... finish the second one i got on sale & the others are even cheaper @loll@ but ya... you think someone could clean up $$$ wise putting a good game out in a lul

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1182264p1.html

havent played it, reviews were good and there is a demo version fo the game out.... at least on live there is not sure if PSN does but id imagine.

cool... actually its funny, whenever I see you on, I automatically assume you are on netflix/hulu etc etc... I dont really ever see you on playing a game haha.

Yeah since theres no cable, if we want to watch anything that is what I need to do. Do you have a headset also?

I was able to finally meet up with Toysniper again, this time in my area, COD! Good games man, do you ever play the zombie levels? I think I will probably get a headset so I can talk back, I usually mute everyone, but now I can see the benefit of having one, maybe next time I got to best buy. We'll have to play again sometime, normally I just play FFA, still havent played alot of the new maps past the first expansion, but I'd love to play again sometime.

Yeah since theres no cable, if we want to watch anything that is what I need to do. Do you have a headset also?

I was able to finally meet up with Toysniper again, this time in my area, COD! Good games man, do you ever play the zombie levels? I think I will probably get a headset so I can talk back, I usually mute everyone, but now I can see the benefit of having one, maybe next time I got to best buy. We'll have to play again sometime, normally I just play FFA, still havent played alot of the new maps past the first expansion, but I'd love to play again sometime.

Yeah I have a headset. I ended up getting into some character modeling stuff tonight so I didnt get a chance to get online however I do have a program thats like aim for online gaming that hooks up to my xbox/ps3 friends lists and I can see when they are online and what they are playing. The only thing ive noticed that ive seen you playing is netflix otherwise I wouldve popped online to get in some matches.

Yeah I have a headset. I ended up getting into some character modeling stuff tonight so I didnt get a chance to get online however I do have a program thats like aim for online gaming that hooks up to my xbox/ps3 friends lists and I can see when they are online and what they are playing. The only thing ive noticed that ive seen you playing is netflix otherwise I wouldve popped online to get in some matches.

yeah I played for a few hours today, now we are just netflixing, maybe that thing doesn't refresh or something, no biggie, Id love to run a zombie level with you guys, I havent been able to really play with anyone online, talking is crucial. My wife is working tomorrow night, so Ill probably be playing from about 3-9 or so. Hit me up! Same goes for you TS, or anyone else that has PS3 and want's to play, Polar3000! You'll learn to curse that name (or laugh at it)

yeah I played for a few hours today, now we are just netflixing, maybe that thing doesn't refresh or something, no biggie, Id love to run a zombie level with you guys, I havent been able to really play with anyone online, talking is crucial. My wife is working tomorrow night, so Ill probably be playing from about 3-9 or so. Hit me up! Same goes for you TS, or anyone else that has PS3 and want's to play, Polar3000! You'll learn to curse that name (or laugh at it)

I only have COD for 360 :( i only have a few ps3 games and only mk and war for cybertron are multiplayer.

I love the time travel aspect of singularity I can't wait to see how this game ends .... Anyone know anyother games with time travel related plots ??