Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

I have an xbox question, how do I install games to my harddrive? and is it worth it? i know i can but i have never really looked into it, but i was reading something online that says even if you install it you still have to put in the disc, every time? just curious and at work and can't look up gaming stuff (thankful they don't block this website)

I installed Modern Warfare 2 into my hard drive you have to go to the game Library and select your most recently played game or the one in the disk drive (aka the one you wish to install) and underneath play game it says install game and then a loading bar will appear and that's basically it. you also need to have the disk of the installed game in the machine in order to play it

I have an xbox question, how do I install games to my harddrive? and is it worth it? i know i can but i have never really looked into it, but i was reading something online that says even if you install it you still have to put in the disc, every time? just curious and at work and can't look up gaming stuff (thankful they don't block this website)

I installed Modern Warfare 2 into my hard drive you have to go to the game Library and select your most recently played game or the one in the disk drive (aka the one you wish to install) and underneath play game it says install game and then a loading bar will appear and that's basically it. you also need to have the disk of the installed game in the machine in order to play it

The shortcut way is where it shows the game in the disc tray you push "Y" and it goes to a menu where install is an option. :D

Why do you guys want MvC2 retreads? I'd rather have new characters than old characters that I can play with in MvC2.

Its not so much retreads as favorite characters. I in particular have a fondness for venom and some of the other vets that were left out and wont ever see a return. Thats kind of like saying why do you want scorpion in mortal kombat? hes just the same old guy as before, why not have a new character in a spot for him? or hell if you want to go ahead and say scorpion is too iconic a character to not have in the games, how about why have sektor or any other character back in the games? Its a sequel for a reason, MvC2 had EVERYONE from the past VS games iterations and then some! Im thinking most people want to have that as well as new characters. Its a bit harder to ask these days as the game is in 3d and on a totally different game engine and its also 10 years older. They cant do the things they used to. Marvel has more of a command nowadays and they have the final say so and they look at the games now as a promotion to other characters that they want to push. I love the game so Im honestly happy with what is there and whats going to be there. Most people just want MUGEN and that will never be possible.

Sorry for the double post, i didnt realise until after i replied to spystreak that i wanted to reply to bigbot as well. :/

I don't think you can compare it to Mortal Kombat since Marvel isn't a fighting game property. If they had left out Guile, Blanka, and Dhalsim from Street Fighter IV it'd be the same thing.

I'd say each of the characters Marvel chose for UMvC3 are definitely more relevant than Venom now. Venom's been tossed around the Marvel Universe for years now, and as it is Eddie Brock isn't even Venom anymore. I just don't like all the hate the new character roster has been getting. I see the same complaints over at Gamefaqs (about people wanting the 90's characters in MvC2) and it's generally a lack of knowledge of the comic characters Marvel chose.

I don't think you can compare it to Mortal Kombat since Marvel isn't a fighting game property. If they had left out Guile, Blanka, and Dhalsim from Street Fighter IV it'd be the same thing.

I'd say each of the characters Marvel chose for UMvC3 are definitely more relevant than Venom now. Venom's been tossed around the Marvel Universe for years now, and as it is Eddie Brock isn't even Venom anymore. I just don't like all the hate the new character roster has been getting. I see the same complaints over at Gamefaqs (about people wanting the 90's characters in MvC2) and it's generally a lack of knowledge of the comic characters Marvel chose.

I can see your point but i understand theirs as well. Its funny alot of people hated the original MvC3 cast and look how they are now. I didnt liked the idea of having she hulk instead of a more "interesting" character but once i played her she became a favorite to use. With Venom he just happens to be a favorite of mine. I dont like that they have to have characters that are happening now and whats actively happening in the marvel universe but at the same time i have been out of comics for a few years now so alot of the new stuff is over my head anymore. MvC2 came at a peak for me, I was more familiar with them. When you mention people that have the lack of knowledge of the characters it reminds me of when Tatsunok vs Capcom was coming out. I knew all of the capcom cast but only a few of the tatsunoko side. I went and netlfixed and downloaded the relevant tatsunoko shows and wiki'd the hell out of the rest to familiarize myself with who they all were. It made the games experience alot more enjoyable. I honestly think the new marvel side is phenomenal and am very excited about them. The new cast for the capcom side is alot more disappointing..

On the Marvel side I would have liked Juggernaut,Venom,Songbird,Psylocke,Ms.Marvel,Blade,Black Widow and maybe Cyclops or Gambit.

As for Capcom I think they need more villians. Sigma and M.Bison would be pretty cool and Juri would be a nice addition. Vergil just doesn't do it for me since he is just a Dante clone. I would have rather had Lady if they really wanted another DMC character. She would have been much more unique.

The shortcut way is where it shows the game in the disc tray you push "Y" and it goes to a menu where install is an option. :D

I think I may try that

I think I may try that

The purpose is to cut down loading times in which it does quite a bit... It also limits the XBox from sounding like its about to explode...

I think I may try that

The purpose is to cut down loading times in which it does quite a bit... It also limits the XBox from sounding like its about to explode...

LOL mine does sound like it's about to blast one off wile loading stuff even though it's supposed to be an XBOX Elite and that's why I'm trying to get an Xtra hard drive and transfer my Data incase it explodes or gets the dreaded red ring

Hey guys, I've been thinking, would anyone here be interested in straight up trading games with each other? There are a few people on here I trust, and some well known people. We trade and sell figures, anyone ever interested in trading some games?

Been playing Bulletstorm on the PS3 for the last week. And, usually, I'm not a FPS kind of fella, but this one has been fun. I'm mostly finished with the single player trophies (just sucked it up and played on Very Hard the first time through) and am thinking about setting my sites on the Multiplayer aspect.

Anybody playing or played this game and have any idea of the difficulty on the multiplayer aspect? 3 trophies in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer kept me from a platinum. Wondering if this will be any different?

Been playing Bulletstorm on the PS3 for the last week. And, usually, I'm not a FPS kind of fella, but this one has been fun. I'm mostly finished with the single player trophies (just sucked it up and played on Very Hard the first time through) and am thinking about setting my sites on the Multiplayer aspect.

Anybody playing or played this game and have any idea of the difficulty on the multiplayer aspect? 3 trophies in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer kept me from a platinum. Wondering if this will be any different?

I EFFING hate multiplayer stuff :S especially ones where you have to use team work to get them unless you are playing with friends or or other people who want them as well you can forget it ...

Still been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat.

I've started maining Jade. At first, I thought she was a pretty weak character, but once you learn the timing and distance on her moves, she's probably one of the strongest characters in the game. I spent quite a bit of time getting my butt handed to me before I really got a feel for her, and now I'm pretty much mopping the floor with her.

I almost got the achievement for winning 10 ranked games in a row last night...I was up to 9 in a row, and then got destroyed by a guy using Johnny Cage.

Still been playing a lot of Mortal Kombat.

I've started maining Jade. At first, I thought she was a pretty weak character, but once you learn the timing and distance on her moves, she's probably one of the strongest characters in the game. I spent quite a bit of time getting my butt handed to me before I really got a feel for her, and now I'm pretty much mopping the floor with her.

I almost got the achievement for winning 10 ranked games in a row last night...I was up to 9 in a row, and then got destroyed by a guy using Johnny Cage.

She is one of my favorites as well. I main too many damn characters when I play fighting games. I cant seem to just stick with one. I also feel like why stick with just one? that is kind of like using only 2% of the game you bought but alot of people tend to transition to others after awhile. I like switching it up but mk has my first real main that i like using more consistently and thats sektor. he was my main in mk3 so makes sense. I havent really gone on ranked so much, not a big fan of it. Most people on there want to be cheap and just in it for the win ratio so they do anything to win as well as you have those that study and memorize combo strings like its their job. I like having good fights that are close but i play alot of my friends and most of them cant do much with me. Most of the time its like 20-2. Have you played any of the DLC characters yet?? I love the hell out of skarlet and rain. Kenshi is good too but he takes alot more practice to get his stuff down. Not a fan of freddy when he comes out but i am looking forward to playing unmasked mk3 sub zero and most likely mk3 scorpion though.

I am also still consistently playing MvC3. That game is such a good game and alot of people are griping about Ultimate MvC3 saying that they paid for a $60 beta and UMvC3 is what it shouldve been all along. Now I will agree that some things capcom said that they couldnt do or wouldnt do in MvC3 i.e. spectator mode, strider not fitting, etc was a bunch of BS if they were able to do it less than 5 months out of release. I dont feel like MvC3 is so bad its considered a beta. I have spent over 60 hours on the game alone, so pretty sure it doesnt suck... at least IMO. I think people just want to whine just to whine. I only feel bad because all the whiners after MvC3 released were right (about capcom releasing an uber version) and that it seems too soon to release yet another disc. However with capcoms pricing on dlc for the game, pretty sure we are getting a better package than what they couldve done.

It may be too soon, but knowing it's coming out either way, would you want it in November, or in February of next year?

believe me I definitely want it sooner than later and it comes at a perfect time, 2 days after my birthday haha! I think most people are sore and burned by it since they now have the "inferior" version and with less time on it. I dont know why they are bitching tho, the game is good. I need to stop going and reading comments on sites like eventhubs. All they do is whine about amazing things. There are already talks about dlc for umvc3 and only one was mentioned about having unlimited super bar and people #@$#@ that they arent getting it if it costs something also saying you can do that same thing in training... its just a bicker fest and its annoying. I think i read them in hopes of something interesting.

Have you played any of the DLC characters yet??

Ya, I've DL'd Kenshi and Rain. I spent some time playing Kenshi, but felt like I was being cheap when I was playing him. You can pretty much lock down your opponent with nothing but his specials, and he has some pretty long, high damage juggle combos. Rain seems pretty solid, but haven't spent much time playing him yet.

I still need to get around to downloading Skarlet.

I know I am 10 years late, but I beat God of War 1, it was pretty easy actually, especially the final fight against Ares. I need to beat Killzone 2 and Uncharted before I start on GoW 2

Make sure you remember the key points of GOW1 because the later games revisit key moments and makes you feel like you're part of an epic movie. GOW is soooooo AWESOME!!!!

I know I am 10 years late, but I beat God of War 1, it was pretty easy actually, especially the final fight against Ares. I need to beat Killzone 2 and Uncharted before I start on GoW 2

Make sure you remember the key points of GOW1 because the later games revisit key moments and makes you feel like you're part of an epic movie. GOW is soooooo AWESOME!!!!

Totally agree. Can't wait for part 3

you know whats funny is whenever anyone says GOW its never clear because there are 2 really big GOW games out there.. i know its stated as God of War in the previous post but I just find it funny because even when I see the acronym GOW i think both gears of war and god of war especially now that they both are now trilogies.... well gears is about to be.