Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Well right now I'm playing bullet storm, and spider-man: shattered dimensions trying to finish them up in the next week or two cause I will finally get Mortal Kombat this week.

hw is Shattered Dimensions? I haven't had a chance to play it yet

Honestly it's probably the best Marvel game to date. Really enjoying it

Well right now I'm playing bullet storm, and spider-man: shattered dimensions trying to finish them up in the next week or two cause I will finally get Mortal Kombat this week.

hw is Shattered Dimensions? I haven't had a chance to play it yet

Honestly it's probably the best Marvel game to date. Really enjoying it

I'mgoing to have to try it. on another note when are we going to see a video game adaption of Guyver

I forgot all about Shattered Dimensions! Should be cheap by now, maybe Ill get that for my birthday instead of Marvel vs Capcom...

Sony... get your sh!t together, I need some online Mortal Kombat play

I would suggest renting shattered dimensions. Once you beat it after like 8 hours, theres not much else to do besides go back and get all the achievements/trophies for it. MvC3 is a far better marvel game in the sense of replay. It doesnt have alot of modes but if you are a fighting game fan like myself, that wont matter as much. It is somewhat of a problem but the game is spectacular. Dont get me wrong, SD is good, but like all adventure games, once its done, its pretty much done.

fable 2taking up most of my spare time I like it :) anyone here play it ? already starting to watch for fable 3 sale @loll@ I will buy it on a sale even if I do get sick of playing fables 2 by the time I am done I can always play f3 at a latter date :D

I've played thru it & #3 awhile back. Very good games.

Finished playing thru ME2 The Arrival this morning. Can't wait to see what they're gonna do in ME3

would you remember how the spell thing works ?.. Seems if I have more than one spell I can't build up a charge it just switches up to whatever the first spell i buy is

If I remember correctly you should be able to cycle thru the different spells while you're charging a spell with the analog stick. I'm not 100% sure since it's been a few months since I lat played it

rented Spider-man shattered Dimensions yesterday freaking awesome Hammerhead's giving me some trouble but I took out Hobgoblin, Kraven and electro pretty easily. hoping we'll see some legends figures based of the gameI would love to have a legends figure of Hobgoblin 2099 in my collection with highly possible nano-fiber wings

I would suggest renting shattered dimensions. Once you beat it after like 8 hours, theres not much else to do besides go back and get all the achievements/trophies for it. MvC3 is a far better marvel game in the sense of replay. It doesnt have alot of modes but if you are a fighting game fan like myself, that wont matter as much. It is somewhat of a problem but the game is spectacular. Dont get me wrong, SD is good, but like all adventure games, once its done, its pretty much done.

rented Spider-man shattered Dimensions yesterday freaking awesome Hammerhead's giving me some trouble but I took out Hobgoblin, Kraven and electro pretty easily. hoping we'll see some legends figures based of the gameI would love to have a legends figure of Hobgoblin 2099 in my collection with highly possible nano-fiber wings

Damn you guys! Now I'll have to rent it! All the blockbusters here closed. Maybe I will sign up for Gamefly again and get it. I used to have gamefly, but to get anything that was remotely popular you have to wait at least 6 months afterwards.

So I started up some Fable 2 again after Synch started talking about it. I never got into the fable games but when i got fable 2 for free I tried it and got into it alot more. Its a fun loner game.

I also have been playing some more MK9. I just bought everything in the Krypt and Im now at 180 on challenge tower and Ive beaten arcade mode with about 12 characters. Got to say Shao Kahn is a piece of @#$@. I feel like a wuss when I play through it on easy but only because he is such a pain in the ass to beat with most characters. Never get stuck in the corner, he will rape you until you die there. Almost everytime i get stuck there he just keeps hitting me, then stunning then hitting me then i get up and he hits me again. I dont think I am digging using the PS3 controller, I think im too used to the 360. I always typically switch between analog and digital pads but i cant really utilize the ps3s analog stick as its kind of ass backwards from how i use the 360. I like having the stick where my thumb should be and the dpad as an option.

Also in MK news, they have leaked new costumes for cyrax and sektor. Its their mk3 renditions and they look amazing. The DLC should be coming out soon as well but I have no hope since PSN is down for probably another 2 weeks if not longer.

Damn you guys! Now I'll have to rent it! All the blockbusters here closed. Maybe I will sign up for Gamefly again and get it. I used to have gamefly, but to get anything that was remotely popular you have to wait at least 6 months afterwards.

or you could get Blockbuster on demand apparently they have better deals than gamefly and if you live near a blockbuster the games would come in faster

blockbuster on demand lets you order games? like game fly?

I'm pretty sure it does though I might have gotten the names mixed up it's something simmilar to Gamefly I pretty sure it called Blockbluster on demand plus games I'd ask your local Blockbuster about it. I don't have a membership at my local Blockbuster anymore so I can't vouch for how good it is.

yeah Blockbuster sends out dvds/games to compete with netflix and gamefly. I havent rented anything in years but for some reason I know of this. You should check out their website and see if they offer it on there, that is most likely where you would set it up anyway.

...Im now at 180 on challenge tower...

I haven't tried the tower in well over a week (actually haven't played the game since last Friday), but how did you get past #64, Glitch In The System? It's the one where you have to fight as Cyrax against Liu Kang, and every attack you do reduces your damage by 2%.

Every time I tried it, I ended up running out of time because I was barely doing enough damage to hurt Kang.

I haven't tried the tower in well over a week (actually haven't played the game since last Friday), but how did you get past #64, Glitch In The System? It's the one where you have to fight as Cyrax against Liu Kang, and every attack you do reduces your damage by 2%.

Every time I tried it, I ended up running out of time because I was barely doing enough damage to hurt Kang.

I vaguely remember it, I dont think I had that much trouble. What I typically do tho is combo the hell out of my opponent. Uppercuts help since they do a crap ton of damage so like say netting him, then shooting out a short range bomb and a long range and then uppercutting him helps do a niiiiice amount of damage. That was an old combo I used to do back in mk3 days and worked very nicely. I also do a few regular attack combos as well, with a jump in punch typically.

There have been some really unique floors in challenge tower, one lets you play as goro and you have to defeat 5 guys, another has you play as sub zero and fight scorpion both in your retro outfits. Those are some of my favorites so far.

Also heres a video of the leaked mk3 costumes for cyrax and sektor, definitely going to get them whenever PSN is up and when they become available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aJhhDovO_Q

I vaguely remember it, I dont think I had that much trouble. What I typically do tho is combo the hell out of my opponent. Uppercuts help since they do a crap ton of damage so like say netting him, then shooting out a short range bomb and a long range and then uppercutting him helps do a niiiiice amount of damage. That was an old combo I used to do back in mk3 days and worked very nicely. I also do a few regular attack combos as well, with a jump in punch typically.

Beat this one today. All I did was stay crouched down blocking, and he kept jumping into me, and I would just uppercut. Beat him pretty easily this way.

I've been playing through the challenge tower for the last five hours or so now, and got up to 185. You have to fight Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro using Baraka with one life bar (it replenishes a small bit of health after you defeat Sheeva and Goro). I just about had it at one point...had Kintaro down to around 15% health, and I was about 25% and he cheaped out and X-Ray'd me. @lol@

I'm gonna have to practice with Baraka a bit and figure out a few high damage combos for him.

Maybe it's just me, but Baraka seems like one of the worst characters in the game.

Beat this one today. All I did was stay crouched down blocking, and he kept jumping into me, and I would just uppercut. Beat him pretty easily this way.

I've been playing through the challenge tower for the last five hours or so now, and got up to 185. You have to fight Sheeva, Goro and Kintaro using Baraka with one life bar (it replenishes a small bit of health after you defeat Sheeva and Goro). I just about had it at one point...had Kintaro down to around 15% health, and I was about 25% and he cheaped out and X-Ray'd me. @lol@

I'm gonna have to practice with Baraka a bit and figure out a few high damage combos for him.

Maybe it's just me, but Baraka seems like one of the worst characters in the game.

I m at 199 right now. I havent been on it too often lately. I like to just put it on here and there and do a few challenges when I want to waste alittle time. The Baraka challenges were pretty fun I thought. Also funny you should say that he seems like one of the worst characters in the game. I actually think hes improved since the last few incarnations of MK he was in. He was always an interesting character but was never all that fun to play as. In this game hes actually alot more fun and a bit more interesting. Plus his Xray is essentially a form of his old fatalities sooo you can t go wrong with that.

Ok I think I am at the 130's or so, it's been a lot of fun too. Some have been frustrating, others have been super easy, a good mix for the most part. Can't wait to take on all three of the four-armed freaks! I never have too much trouble with them, and I love a challenge!

Also signed up for a two week trial of blockbuster on demand and Ive got spiderman en route. The service is a little pricey, espeically when it says you cant rent new titles till like 9 months after they are released.

Thor's game tie in is at Wal-mart for $50 I didn't end up getting it because I want to try it out first unfortunately my go to movie store doesn't have it in yet more crappy news I didn't win the Super Nintendo at auction at my local Salvation army got a kickass Diver's knife though.

I m at 199 right now. I havent been on it too often lately. I like to just put it on here and there and do a few challenges when I want to waste alittle time. The Baraka challenges were pretty fun I thought. Also funny you should say that he seems like one of the worst characters in the game. I actually think hes improved since the last few incarnations of MK he was in. He was always an interesting character but was never all that fun to play as. In this game hes actually alot more fun and a bit more interesting. Plus his Xray is essentially a form of his old fatalities sooo you can t go wrong with that.

I guess he just doesn't seem as versatile as many of the other characters. He doesn't have any aerial moves (no air throws or air projectiles), no teleport, no snares (like Scorpion's Spear or Cyrax's Net), and nothing to really set up nice large juggle combos with him.

He doesn't seem fast enough to be aggressive with, with nothing to help move him into an aggressive position. He also doesn't have enough moves to zone properly outside of his spin and chop move for opponents jumping into him. Pretty much anything he can do, a couple of other characters can do much better.

I ended up getting to 250 last night, and quit because you have to use Shang Tsung to fight Shao Kahn, and I suck with Tsung.

I spent some time learning a few combos with Tsung tonight, and beat Kahn after about half an hour, only to find out the next challenge is fighting Baraka/Sindel/Shao Kahn in one fight...so besides having to beat him again, you have to fight two scrubs before him. @lol@

Needless to say, I skipped that one...first challenge that I have skipped. Got up to 265 and quit for the night.

took Spiderman Shattered dimensions back getting to frustrated with the Noir level

Damn for real. I got a little frustrated with it, but what level did you have trouble with.

the first Noir level where you're supposed to take down Hammerhead when he's oon the Gatling gun I continously used the shadows but the moment I go to snag him with a web the turret turns around and blasts me to piececs

I guess he just doesn't seem as versatile as many of the other characters. He doesn't have any aerial moves (no air throws or air projectiles), no teleport, no snares (like Scorpion's Spear or Cyrax's Net), and nothing to really set up nice large juggle combos with him.

He doesn't seem fast enough to be aggressive with, with nothing to help move him into an aggressive position. He also doesn't have enough moves to zone properly outside of his spin and chop move for opponents jumping into him. Pretty much anything he can do, a couple of other characters can do much better.

Hes definitely not the best character and nowhere near a top tier fighter, but he can be played fairly successful. Hes a good character to play aggressive with actually as well as some good defensive maneuvers. The spin and chop is especially good for baiting your opponents to jump in at you and get caught in their trap. Hes got alot of good close combos with his punch and then snikt combo along with his chop for a good ender. I can terrorize pretty good with him... hes much better than the past so at least hes getting better.

I ended up getting to 250 last night, and quit because you have to use Shang Tsung to fight Shao Kahn, and I suck with Tsung.

I spent some time learning a few combos with Tsung tonight, and beat Kahn after about half an hour, only to find out the next challenge is fighting Baraka/Sindel/Shao Kahn in one fight...so besides having to beat him again, you have to fight two scrubs before him. @lol@

Needless to say, I skipped that one...first challenge that I have skipped. Got up to 265 and quit for the night.

I have yet to skip any missions at all but from what youre saying i may end up skipping that one as well. Shao Kahn is hella cheap and is very annoying to fight against. Im also wondering what the difficulty level is at that point.

the first Noir level where you're supposed to take down Hammerhead when he's oon the Gatling gun I continously used the shadows but the moment I go to snag him with a web the turret turns around and blasts me to piececs

The Noir levels are all basic stealth. I found those levels fun but not incredibly difficult. There were some later noir levels that got annoying because the stealth wasnt exactly correct... like they would see me at the most ridiculous areas out of nowhere.

I can't wait to hear one of your guys say you finally beat the challenge tower! As for me, I got to work a little bit on it last night, Im at about 155 or so, so slowly but surely I'll get there.

I'm expecting SpiderMan SD today or possibly tomorrow, since it's my wife's birthday tomorrow, I doubt I will have a chance to play it for a few days, no big deal, weekends are when I can really tear into games.