Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

@RockthePlank - Sounds good. Its kind of ironic that the first time using my PS3 in a good few months, and sony gets this network problem that prevents me from getting online. Go figure.

Yeah it always seems to work out that way. A few months ago we turned off our cable and just been streaming netflix, but I finally broke down the other day and signed up for hulu plus. But it wont let me use it now because I cant sign in to the PSN (but I have no problem with netflix)

I preordered it from GameStop and got the DLC Scorpion stuff, but I sold it on ebay (like I normally do most preorder stuff) to help offset the cost of the game. I did it because I am fairly confident that there will be a retro DLC for all those players your stated at some point in the future.

Toasty!

http://www.amazon.ca/Force-Digital-Wireless-Audio-Surround/dp/B002KSPKRS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1303497309&sr=8-3

so does anyone use one of these ?.. Looking at the description it seems like I can use it with both my xbox & pc which is just what I need . Just wondering how well it works

http://www.amazon.ca...03497309&sr=8-3

so does anyone use one of these ?.. Looking at the description it seems like I can use it with both my xbox & pc which is just what I need . Just wondering how well it works

WOW.... for that price they better do more than just sit on my head and allow me to talk... I just use a typical headset controller set up... no reason to go crazy hardcore unless I spend most of my days playing online.

i use wireless headphones all the time with my pc so buying something i can use for both my pc & xbox would be a huge plus for me

Mortal Kombat still $70 dollars @bH@

dude.... what place are you looking at for it to be 10 bucks more than what the retail price is supposed to be? Someone is trying to rip you off. Cant you order online if there isnt a store near you that can offer it?

This PSN problem sucks, I'm on mine all the time and I can't play my new PSN buddies Rocktheplank and EvilHayato @grumpy@ this makes me sad. Whoever is hackin the network please stop haha! I have an Xbox too but hardly ever play it because I refuse to pay for online play when the PS3 offers it for free. :) Oh well I guess I'll go practice by myself with my girls Sonya and Kitana. @luv@

This PSN problem sucks, I'm on mine all the time and I can't play my new PSN buddies Rocktheplank and EvilHayato @grumpy@ this makes me sad. Whoever is hackin the network please stop haha! I have an Xbox too but hardly ever play it because I refuse to pay for online play when the PS3 offers it for free. :) Oh well I guess I'll go practice by myself with my girls Sonya and Kitana. @luv@

Well, the reason PSN sucks is because it's free. ;)

Did anyone get any of the exclusive retro costumes? They have scorpion, sub zero, reptile, ermac, kitana, mileena and jades retro outfits. Some varied on where you pre ordered. Ermac was with all the special editions and jades is available in both the blu ray releases of the mk movies. Scorpion, Sub Zero and Reptile actually came with classic fatalities as well. I got Reptile from Amazon and I must say, he looks badass and well worth it. I want the others too! haha. hopefully future DLC? was hoping they were just pre unlocks in the actual game but it doesnt seem that way. Mileena actually has 4 outfits in total which is insane. was hearing about a 5th one but that may only be rumor.

I got Sub-Zero from the copy I bought at Best Buy.

I also have a Reptile code that Amazon sent to me via email for the copy I pre-ordered from them and sent back. I'm gonna wait until they refund my money, and see if the code still works after that.

Mortal Kombat still $70 dollars @bH@

dude.... what place are you looking at for it to be 10 bucks more than what the retail price is supposed to be? Someone is trying to rip you off. Cant you order online if there isnt a store near you that can offer it?

nope I've been to both my stores here in town and some in Nanaimo nsame @##@@ price Port Alberni sucks when it comes to stuff like this I'm going to have to suck it up and just wait a few months for it to go down in price

So, I've been playing through the story mode in MK again today, and I got to the end of Chapter 11 (or I think that's the chapter...whichever one has you playing Kung Lao).

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD:

I got to where Shao Kahn kills Kung Lao, and you have to fight him as Lui Kang. I've played through the ladder twice on hard, and quit both times once I lost to Shao Kahn over and over again to his cheap tactics. Seems he's even cheaper than in the old MK games...especially the hammer he throws that stuns you...he's done it to me 6 times in a row in one match...and you don't have time to recover before the next one hits you it seems.

So, anyways, after losing a couple of matches, I just kept spamming Lui Kang's low fireball. Kahn seems to be coded to throw his spear anytime a player uses a projectile attack, so he just stood across the screen from me, launching his spear, and occasionally blocking my low fireball. Just did it over and over again until he was dead. Pretty dumb you can beat him like that, and also pretty stupid that they made him so cheap that you're forced to beat him with cheese tactics. Then again, the old MKs were like that too.

Some other random thoughts:

- It was cool seeing Motaro in some of the cut scenes. I'm curious if he's an actual boss later in the story.

- Kintaro looks stupid. His face is too feline looking. He looked a lot meaner/cooler in MK 2.

- Kitana needs to keep her mask on. They made her look like Chyna from the WWE. *shudders*

- It was cool seeing Motaro in some of the cut scenes. I'm curious if he's an actual boss later in the story.

Well, I guess I got the answer to this question. @lol@

I'm about half way through Chapter 15 now...just about done.

Ha Ha DJ you must be a hardcore Xbox guy? Don't get me wrong I like the Xbox but I'm just a Sony guy. :)

Ha Ha DJ you must be a hardcore Xbox guy? Don't get me wrong I like the Xbox but I'm just a Sony guy. :)

@lol@

Nah...I used to be a huge Playstation fan. I just think Xbox has a big advantage over it when it comes to their online stuff.

Just like anything related to technology, if it's free, it's usually not as good as something you have to pay for. Running an online service cost money, and Xbox has a ton of income in that department from the subscriptions that they charge for, and I'm more than happy with what they provide, given that price.

Okay, so I'm stuck on the final fight of the Story Mode between Raiden and Shao Kahn. I've looked at videos for the fight, and everyone seems to be doing what I have been trying...teleport, and large damage attack. Been trying for the last half hour or so to beat this cheap son-of-a-B*TCH...guess you just have to get lucky?

Man, I didn't miss this part of Mortal Kombat...

K...finally beat it...for those of you who get there...remember, teleport/uppercut is your friend. :P

K...finally beat it...for those of you who get there...remember, teleport/uppercut is your friend. :P

you mean Scorpion's hell fire punch or some other move I have yet to find out about?

Man,...I hate fighting SK in story mode with Raiden! It takes too long to beat him down with Raiden. I beat him one match and he cheats the other two. So DJ is this fight the last one in story mode? If it is no wonder he's so hard to beat.

I'll be picking up MK this week just wanted to finish getting 2 achievements in Homefront before trading that horrible game in.

I did play Crysis 2 and have to say that game was amazing, but once again the multi player was so disappointing.

Right now I'm playing Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (with a buddy), Bulletstorm, and finishing up Crysis 2 on the hardest difficulty. Man I love having 3 day weekends to stay locked up in my room, lol.

this is probably the most active thread on TNI, i still have no idea why we do not have a video game forum!

Recently beat DA II. I still view myself as the warden, but that Hawke guy is very cool and the game warmed up on me. Not as good as the original, but the pacing, especially after the first section is better. The first section is the only that drags, and if you do it that right way (as i've learned begining on my second play through) it doens't drag nearly as much.

Man,...I hate fighting SK in story mode with Raiden! It takes too long to beat him down with Raiden. I beat him one match and he cheats the other two. So DJ is this fight the last one in story mode? If it is no wonder he's so hard to beat.

Ya, it's the last one.

Just wait for him to attack, and then teleport/uppercut right away. He'll hit you sometimes, but most of the time you'll get the uppercut off.

Oh...and use your X-Ray whenever it's available, obviously. Just do the same thing...teleport/X-Ray.

you mean Scorpion's hell fire punch or some other move I have yet to find out about?

No...Raiden's teleport. Use the teleport and then uppercut right away.

No...Raiden's teleport. Use the teleport and then uppercut right away.

I'm playing against my brother now I might use this on him as a surprise attack. still trying to figure out the X-ray thing

Yeah, I didn't check to see if it was still down this morning, but I assume it still is. Kinda sucks, but you do get what you pay for. I don't want to get into xbox vs ps3, but I've got both (all three including the wii) and PS3 is by far my favorite. I was never a playstation guy, full on xbox all the way until my 360 broke less then a year out, and I didn't even play it that much to begin with. I bought a PS3 and never looked back. Sure its online isn't as great (this is really the first time I've been inconvienced by it since I got it xmas 09) but I just HATE xbox's "pay for play" "batteries sold seperately" mentality. Prime example, PS3 controllers are rechargeable... xbox you need to either keep buying batteries or plop down more cash for recharging capability.. just crappy is all.

So, anyways, after losing a couple of matches, I just kept spamming Lui Kang's low fireball. Kahn seems to be coded to throw his spear anytime a player uses a projectile attack, so he just stood across the screen from me, launching his spear, and occasionally blocking my low fireball. Just did it over and over again until he was dead. Pretty dumb you can beat him like that, and also pretty stupid that they made him so cheap that you're forced to beat him with cheese tactics. Then again, the old MKs were like that too.

I am exactly here where I fight Kahn as Kang. I was getting a little annoyed with it and it was getting late, so I quit but now that you mention this technique, I will need to try it again. The first time I got to him on the ladder match, I just used Raiden and kept sending out my lighting bolts over and over again. I almost got a flawless victory.

The second time I got to him on the ladder as Raiden, I used this approach the whole time. Again, I almost got a flawless victory. Personally I try not to play like this, it's no fun for the person you are playing against, but since it is a computer I don't feel crappy for using cheap move over and over again. One thing I don't care for is using those moves that block you in a corner or gets you in a trap to use the same thing over and over, that's no fun for anyone.

DarthJoe, I assume you are playing on 360?