Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

So if I want to buy dragon age for xbox what version should I get ?.. ultimate ?..

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/dragon-age-origins-ultimate-edition-xbox-360-english/10156968.aspx?path=59599d4fb02fa309139bcc2bdc771dceen02

Should I even start with #1 or just start with #2 ?.. I've read felicia day has something to do with dragonage 2 does anyone know what ?.. Is she like a playable character or something in the game ?.. I'm also a fan of the guild

So if I want to buy dragon age for xbox what version should I get ?.. ultimate ?..

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/dragon-age-origins-ultimate-edition-xbox-360-english/10156968.aspx?path=59599d4fb02fa309139bcc2bdc771dceen02

Should I even start with #1 or just start with #2 ?.. I've read felicia day has something to do with dragonage 2 does anyone know what ?.. Is she like a playable character or something in the game ?.. I'm also a fan of the guild

I'm not sure about Dragon Age 2, but after playing the first one, I have no interest in the second. It was good, but not good enough to make me want to sit through another 50+ hours of the same mindless combat that the first one offered.

I'm not sure about Dragon Age 2, but after playing the first one, I have no interest in the second. It was good, but not good enough to make me want to sit through another 50+ hours of the same mindless combat that the first one offered.

hmmm good to know ... hmmm ... question though ... how is this different from any other game ?..

hmmm good to know ... hmmm ... question though ... how is this different from any other game ?..

Well, for me, it was kind of like playing WoW by myself, with no incentive in the form of item drops that would actually improve your character. You pretty much need a tank, healer, and two damage classes in your party to play on the harder difficulty levels, and you have to either set up cast rotations for each character, or constantly pause throughout combat and switch from one character to the other to decide what each one will do on their next attack.

Eventually, you get to the point where the item drops are pretty much meaningless, and give little to no improvement on your characters. You're basically just left playing the game for the storyline and role-playing element.

Now, this is great...except it seems like it just keeps dragging on and on and ON, IMO. The game could've been about 20 hours less than it was, and still accomplished the same thing. Much of the game is just there for the sake of making the game longer, and doesn't really add to the main story or help develop your characters in any way. Sure, it helps expand on the world you're playing in, but there's no real attachment to what's being presented, and it ends up being more like a history class of a fantasy world than something you're emotionally invested in.

Even the story itself wasn't all that awesome or epic...it plays out like any other fantasy storyline for the most part. Not really any big plot twists or anything.

If I could have the 50+ hours that I invested into Dragon Age back, I would gladly take it and put it into another game.

Now, I know there are a lot of people out there who love Dragon Age, but if you're looking for something that is more along the lines of instant gratification in a video game, I would skip DA.

Being a fan of both fantasy and sci-fi, I would recommend Mass Effect over Dragon Age. The storyline is a lot better, and much more engaging...including many twists that you don't see coming. It's also a lot more to the point and about 30 hours shorter. ME also takes a lot less micro-managing of your team to be successful. Both had their flaws, but I think ME is WAY better than DA.

Hm ok maybe I will pass on dragon age Specially if its anything at all like ME I couldn't stand that game one bit I put about 2 hours into it and hated every second

I'll be picking up Homefront tomorrow. Unfortunately my hours at work are the same for Game Stop

my uncle picked that up said it was pretty good too bad about the hours man I'm thinking of taking back Medal of Honor and renting Homefront but I want a game that takes place in Vietnam to get me off of Black ops

anyone know a xbox game where you get to run around with a jetpack ?.. I remember seeing a trailer for a game where the focus was on the jetpack & flying you could like jump up to different levels & such ... It was some kind of future based shoot em up type thing

anyone know a xbox game where you get to run around with a jetpack ?.. I remember seeing a trailer for a game where the focus was on the jetpack & flying you could like jump up to different levels & such ... It was some kind of future based shoot em up type thing

You mean Dark Void

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmNsRnbf_gk

• Like 1

just to let you know Synch, Dark Void was horrible and got awful reviews. The price of it went down literally from full price to 10 bucks in about 3 months just to let you know its quality..

man, I cant seem to find/complete any quest in fallout 3..... im roaming all over the place and I can start up a quest, but never find where to go. I also tend to get caught up in other places and getting my rear handed to me and little life packs. Games still fun but man its pretty creepy at times.. the chimera creatures look like something from the movie 'the thing'. good stuff tho..

also got nba jam super cheap and started that up.. just like back in the day except they kind of move around like southpark animation.

Well, for me, it was kind of like playing WoW by myself, with no incentive in the form of item drops that would actually improve your character. You pretty much need a tank, healer, and two damage classes in your party to play on the harder difficulty levels, and you have to either set up cast rotations for each character, or constantly pause throughout combat and switch from one character to the other to decide what each one will do on their next attack.

Eventually, you get to the point where the item drops are pretty much meaningless, and give little to no improvement on your characters. You're basically just left playing the game for the storyline and role-playing element.

Now, this is great...except it seems like it just keeps dragging on and on and ON, IMO. The game could've been about 20 hours less than it was, and still accomplished the same thing. Much of the game is just there for the sake of making the game longer, and doesn't really add to the main story or help develop your characters in any way. Sure, it helps expand on the world you're playing in, but there's no real attachment to what's being presented, and it ends up being more like a history class of a fantasy world than something you're emotionally invested in.

Even the story itself wasn't all that awesome or epic...it plays out like any other fantasy storyline for the most part. Not really any big plot twists or anything.

If I could have the 50+ hours that I invested into Dragon Age back, I would gladly take it and put it into another game.

Now, I know there are a lot of people out there who love Dragon Age, but if you're looking for something that is more along the lines of instant gratification in a video game, I would skip DA.

Being a fan of both fantasy and sci-fi, I would recommend Mass Effect over Dragon Age. The storyline is a lot better, and much more engaging...including many twists that you don't see coming. It's also a lot more to the point and about 30 hours shorter. ME also takes a lot less micro-managing of your team to be successful. Both had their flaws, but I think ME is WAY better than DA.

we are polar opposites aren't we? I couldn't stand ME for the lack of control of your chars. You weren't playing, your button mashing and watching and unfortantly so far DA II is heading that way. I think i need to go back and pick up Elder Srolls: Oblivion.

awe man... I really liked Dragon Age... and I liked most everything about it.. and I put in WAY more than 50 hours. I think I actually played something close to 200 hours maybe lol... I did everything you could do in the game with my rogue Elf, named Namor! :) Some of it was repetitive, but I don't know very many video games that aren't. I think my biggest complaint was the items, or lack of. I kept on expecting to find or earn some kind of awesome legendary weapon, armor, or other gear where I would get a cinematic cut scene and hold up a legendary sword (think Zelda)... but there weren't any. And even when you did find some pretty cool or historic items, they didn't really improve your character that much over some of the cheaper items.

Of course, then again, I might have enjoyed it so much because I played it before, a little during, and immediately after the 5 months I studied hardcore for my Masters Degree... so that might explain why I was always looking forward to diving into the game. I haven't played it for almost a year, but I am actually going to play it again with a different character/race... then I'll pick up DA2 later on when it gets cheap.

oh.. and I might have liked it more than you because I have little experience with RPGs.. I played the KOTOR games, loved them, and all the Zelda games (favorite games of all time)... but never anything like WOW

Wow has it's pros and cons, but i've left it once again. This most recent stint didn't last long and it bioled down to the fact that me and the wife could play an rpg in fantasy setting at the same time together. Now that DA II is out we are playing that. Wife is finishing up Awakening (an amazing game itself) while i play DA II as a Warrior named Avrey Hawk (last name is fixed of course) My Da name was Nasburado! and my wow name is Nazburado.

Dragon Age II so far feels more shallow, more like fable. There are tactics and you can set them up, but they don't really seem to help you, the chars AI seems dumbed down, and even rouges can't properly sense traps, and often walk into them, even when your controlling them rather and have the trap selected rather, they still walk into them 1/2 the time as opposed to disarming them.

I also feel more forced in my roleplaying. You are very slanted pro-mage when one of the main conflicts is mage vs. templar (not really there yet.) There doesn't seem to be a real high ground, only choosing the lesser of two evils. All romances are Bi, and as a male they guys are throwing themselves at me (not my cup of tea) and the women i can choose from are a blood mage (deals with demons) or a woman pirate who has been around the blocks way too many times (including potentially your PARTY in DA: Origins) She also carries around a pron story (with pics she says) of Andraste, who is very clear their Jesus. So my Hawk is very lonely :(

I'm curious if at some point it is worth going back and playing Knights of the Old Republic since i missed out on that gen of gaming. Anybody a big fan? did it age well? i always hear amazing things about it.

I just recently started up Demon's Soul and damn it is one tough game. At any point if you die you start at the beginning of the level and every enemy respawns. If you get back to your body you can retrieve all your lost souls (currency), but if not you lose it all. And with 5 boards and multiple parts and bosses to each, but no linear reasoning for which levels to do (besides lack of equipment to proceed.)

I've probably lost over 50k + in the game currency, and can't remember being this frustrated in a game in a long time. But, for some reason I keep turning it back on and playing it. Any one else play and/or beat this one?

we are polar opposites aren't we?

Nah, it's not that I disliked it, it just could've been much, MUCH shorter, and the main story itself should have been developed better.

I couldn't stand ME for the lack of control of your chars.

Well, once you get farther into the game, you have to play it more like DA...bringing up the menu to select certain actions for each character to get past the harder fights. But, ME is more of a shooter with RPG elements than DA. Personally, I liked the combat in ME better, because of it's shooter feel.

ME also has a much better story, and throws quite a few twists in that you don't see coming...and it accomplishes it in about 15-20 hours versus the 50+ that it takes to hardly evolve the storyline in DA. Everything in DA is "go to this town to get help with the blight...once you get there, the town is having it's own crisis...do quests that help them solve their crisis before they will help you...rinse, repeat." That same thing happens over and over again in the game for about 2/3's of the storyline, and the main story itself evolves very little during all of this. I could care less that the dwarves were in turmoil over who would become their king, or that the elves were being attacked by werewolves...I wanted the main story to keep unfolding and getting better.

I guess the thing with Dragon Age is that it's the same fantasy story we've all seen before...Hordes of bad guys are ravaging the world, enter small group of heroes chosen to save the world, said heroes save the world. It's the same thing as Lord of the Rings and the Dragonlance novels, with less interesting characters, back stories, and plot.

awe man... I really liked Dragon Age... and I liked most everything about it.. and I put in WAY more than 50 hours. I think I actually played something close to 200 hours maybe lol...

Ya, there's no way I could invest that much time into DA without losing my mind out of boredom. @lol@