Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

hey thanks I don't have that one yet either ! 50% off sounds good to me! Still have quite a few achivements for bioshock 2 I wonder if people still play multiplayer on it lol .... Maybe I will finish off that one after I am done with wake ...

I really really liked the multiplayer for Bio 2, its annoying that you have to have at least 5 other players in order to play though. With all these multiplayer shooters out there, the only people playing bio2 is the hardcore fans like me. Also all the multiplayer stuff is 50% off as well which means there might be some ppl playing for once. Im not sure if you have to have the same content as them in order to play with them tho.

Got all the Fallout 3 add ons for under $1o dollars I already had the original version so I rented the Game of the year version for 4 dollars and the add ons saved into my 360 so I can access them with my old platinum version isn't life grand

Finally finished Ghostbusters. It's a great game! really loved it all the way through and hope for a full fledged sequel at some point. It felt not only continued but very naturally flowing from the first two movies.

Now... I don't play wow w/o the wife (to limit the addiction effect) , and I just can't get into mass effect. What should I play next? I'm very tempted to download Allen wake for 30$ and start playing now. or maybe deadspace, although i was like synch and couldn't get anywhere in the demo. Batman Arkam Aslym comes to mind as well. Mmmm... or I could be productive... nah.

Batman:AA is a fun game, but it is VERY short. When it came out in 2009 I played it on my XBox 360 and when I bought my PS3 at the Wal-Mart Black Friday sale in '09 I got B: AA for the PS3 and just recently decided to play it again. I was able to achieve a platinum on the game in under a week and I didn't play at all on Friday or Saturday.

2 more weeks until marvel vs capcom 3!!! damnit i cant wait! At least I have the new bioshock 2 dlc to hold me over... as well as red dead and saints row 2 never disappoint in curing my boredom.

Man...I haven't even played anything in quite a few weeks, and I still have so many great games that I need to get to...Dead Space, ME2, Dead Rising 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed 2, BioShock 2...I need more than 2 days off a week. @lol@

Man...I haven't even played anything in quite a few weeks, and I still have so many great games that I need to get to...Dead Space, ME2, Dead Rising 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin's Creed 2, BioShock 2...I need more than 2 days off a week. @lol@

get on that joe! you have some real winners in that bunch! I have a bunch still in mine as well.. but i dont want to get into something crazy before MvC3 hits because that will be all i play for a while.

black ops dlc is downloading....

finished dead space 2. the whole game is awesome but the end boss is not as great as the one in the first one. i played the normal version first and i started with the hard version now. cant wait to beat it one more time until i rest.

you are crazy for playing 8 hours in a row lol @loll@ that is hardcore! I'd hate toplay a game that much I personally like mine to last me as long as they can so it makes it worth the $ @loll@ Playing an hour or two perday also gives me a nice little treat to look forward to as well everyday @loll@

finished dead space 2. the whole game is awesome but the end boss is not as great as the one in the first one. i played the normal version first and i started with the hard version now. cant wait to beat it one more time until i rest.

you are crazy for playing 8 hours in a row lol @loll@ that is hardcore! I'd hate toplay a game that much I personally like mine to last me as long as they can so it makes it worth the $ @loll@ Playing an hour or two perday also gives me a nice little treat to look forward to as well everyday @loll@

Play Dragon Age then, it seems like it's never gonna end. @smilepunch@

If you only played an hour or two each day, it would take you until the end of this year to finish. ;)

Play Dragon Age then, it seems like it's never gonna end. @smilepunch@

If you only played an hour or two each day, it would take you until the end of this year to finish. ;)

Just curious did you play fallout 3 darthjoe? I can't remember if i brought that up or not when we talked about dragon age. I never did make myself finish the DLC for it. Fall out 3 really drags on... of course that s cause i was trying to complete to many quests.

Still haven't grabbed anything new. I did download the trail for Briad and Batman AA. Both amazing, I really need to buy them, but still can't get Batman for cheap enough for it's real value. Especially since you guys are saying its so short. Tried playing some mass effect again, maybe i should have started it on easy rather than medium? I've picked up 2 aliens and am stuck shooting up crap in a bar.

Just curious did you play fallout 3 darthjoe? I can't remember if i brought that up or not when we talked about dragon age. I never did make myself finish the DLC for it. Fall out 3 really drags on... of course that s cause i was trying to complete to many quests.

No, I never played it.

I watched some reviews for it, and just based on that, I realized it wasn't going to be a game I would enjoy. I'm more about instant gratification in video games, and Fallout 3 looked like you have to put a lot of time into it to make it pay off.

Tried playing some mass effect again, maybe i should have started it on easy rather than medium? I've picked up 2 aliens and am stuck shooting up crap in a bar.

Make sure you're using the pause button (I think it's the right bumper) and selecting abilities/targets for each of your characters. I had to do that on a few of the harder parts of the game very regularly...pausing almost constantly and selecting actions for my character and my teammates. There are a few tough sections in the game where you can't play it like a shooter, and pretty much have to treat it like a turn-based RPG to get through them.

So, I started playing through Dead Space tonight. Is it just me or is the stomp ability completely broken in this game? If I dismember a Necromorph and then try to finish them off with a stomp to conserve ammo, it misses about half the time, even when I'm right on top of them. I end up taking more damage than it's worth in health packs. It's more cost efficient to just blast the hell out of them with the Plasma Cutter and be done with it.

Other than that, it's pretty fun so far.

I never had the stomping problem on dead space 1... I always stomped the $h!t out of them to get the dismemberment achievement haha. But I m also playing on easy(which I never do)

Guys we all have ghost busters lets get some ghost busting going on here! Someone set a day & time :) between us all its 4 players @loll@

Guys we all have ghost busters lets get some ghost busting going on here! Someone set a day & time :) between us all its 4 players @loll@

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my off days. I miss playing with folks online, I would make some time. This week we are moving to a bigger place, but after that let me know.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my off days. I miss playing with folks online, I would make some time. This week we are moving to a bigger place, but after that let me know.

I am good any time but sunday I just need to know in advance from you all when to be on to play :D