Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Just curious if anyone is getting excited about Dead Space 2 yet?

I've noticed IGN has a bunch of stuff up about it, and the demo is available for download on Xbox Live.

I've noticed IGN has a bunch of stuff up about it, and the demo is available for download on Xbox Live.

Yes! I didn't play the original till a few months ago, but I was blown away. Definitely cannot wait to play it. And I really enjoyed the Demo.

Im looking forward to it but definitely wont be buying it for a while. I still have to beat the original. I hadnt even played the series up until sometime last year. I thought it was really amazing and think this new one will be spectacular.. I just dont have the funds after buying too much stuff and marvel vs capcom 3..

So deadspace two is suppose to have multiplayer ?! Werid!

Yeah alot of games are starting to do that nowadays... kind of cool kind of stupid. in DS2's case it looks pretty sweet and shows some promise. You can even play as the necromorphs.

Yeah alot of games are starting to do that nowadays... kind of cool kind of stupid. in DS2's case it looks pretty sweet and shows some promise. You can even play as the necromorphs.

I know I hate how they give achievements for freaking multilayer crap :(

Depending on the game I hate it. Multiplayer is particularly bad on some XBLA titles so you pretty much have to have a boosting partner for some of those.

Depending on the game I hate it. Multiplayer is particularly bad on some XBLA titles so you pretty much have to have a boosting partner for some of those.

I agree.

What bugs me just as much is games like COD: MW2 that have much of their fame because of the online play, and they have NO online achievements. I've never once played through the campaign on that game, but have logged a few hundred hours of online play and don't have an achievement to show for it.

I agree.

What bugs me just as much is games like COD: MW2 that have much of their fame because of the online play, and they have NO online achievements. I've never once played through the campaign on that game, but have logged a few hundred hours of online play and don't have an achievement to show for it.

Yeah, you really should get on that. All of CODs campaigns are epic as hell. I mean seriously good stuff. If you only play COD for the multiplayer aspect, you are seriously missing out on some of the best the game provides. I look at COD as kind of like a restaurant; you come for the single player campaign, but stay for the multiplayer.

I can't stand the cut scenes in CoD. I couldn't get through the campaign of CoD4 or MW2 because of the constant hand holding. What ever happened to just letting you loose like Doom?

Ha! theyve been doing that since COD1, buuuuuuuuuttt.. If you play on the harder difficulties it gets to the point of near impossible but luckily for the checkpoints its makes it remotely bearable.

I dont know if anyones noticed on the xbox dashboard, but EA has a bunch of their arcade titles and pretty much every dlc for dragon age for 50% off. I nabbed deathspank thongs of virtue for 600pts since i had the dlc for free when it released. Its a pretty fun and funny hack and slash rpg.

I agree.

Yeah, you really should get on that. All of CODs campaigns are epic as hell. I mean seriously good stuff. If you only play COD for the multiplayer aspect, you are seriously missing out on some of the best the game provides. I look at COD as kind of like a restaurant; you come for the single player campaign, but stay for the multiplayer.

Ya, I know.

I was the same way with Gears of War. I only played about 15 minutes into the campaign, and said screw it and went right to the multiplayer...and stayed there for quite a few months, multiple nights a week. I never did finish the campaign, and I still consider it one of my favorite shooter games. At least GoW had online achievements though.

I just have a hard time staying interested in the campaigns in those types of games, when I know so much random/unpredictable fun can be had in multiplayer modes.

haha my wonderfull girlfriend grab me some dead space 2 for my ps3. i cant wait to go home. i want to close my shop early just to go and play some dead space2 but i wont do it. so its gonna be a long night fellas. see ya in the morning. i will be so tired tomorow, guitar.gif.

dead space 2 is awesome guys. i played until 2 in the morning but i was tired and had to sleep. i guess i am getting oldguitar.gif. the game follows the first one. once again you can see some related stuff from the alien movies. i dont wanna spoil it for everyone with what happens but this game rocks and is way darker then the first one. sometimes you are in total dark even. just with a little light. so awesome. cant wait to go back tonight.

So I'm playing deadspace demo... Thinking ok this is pretty fun... & then I get stuck in a room with a little spinny thing & 4 buttons on the wall ... I removed the panel & hacked the machine but now I am suck in the room &clueless as to what to do ... @loll@ Man I am thinking this is a demo what are they even doing putting this in here lol People don't want to get stuck in rooms in demos they want to shoot #$## & blow stuff up with guns! @loll@

Finally finished Ghostbusters. It's a great game! really loved it all the way through and hope for a full fledged sequel at some point. It felt not only continued but very naturally flowing from the first two movies.

Now... I don't play wow w/o the wife (to limit the addiction effect) , and I just can't get into mass effect. What should I play next? I'm very tempted to download Allen wake for 30$ and start playing now. or maybe deadspace, although i was like synch and couldn't get anywhere in the demo. Batman Arkam Aslym comes to mind as well. Mmmm... or I could be productive... nah.

I figured it out a little bit after words but this only proves my point making people get stuck in a demo only hurts game sales @loll@ There are some panels above ths spinning thing & you aim & hit the y (grab/pulll) button & Pull the things down all around & then you are good to go! Rev we need to play some GB multiplayer!!!! :) Also I suggest you try deadspace 1 before #2 its a great game really!

Or you could try assassins creed 2 love that series as well ...

PS Wake is only $20 online.... See if someplace will price match :)

http://www.amazon.com/Alan-Wake-Xbox-360/dp/B0010AYJXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296107722&sr=8-1

I figured it out a little bit after words but this only proves my point making people get stuck in a demo only hurts game sales @loll@ There are some panels above ths spinning thing & you aim & hit the y (grab/pulll) button & Pull the things down all around & then you are good to go! Rev we need to play some GB multiplayer!!!! :) Also I suggest you try deadspace 1 before #2 its a great game really!

Or you could try assassins creed 2 love that series as well ...

PS Wake is only $20 online.... See if someplace will price match :)

http://www.amazon.co...96107722&sr=8-1

i think it is a good thing that people get stuck. now they know that they have to bring a little more then just fire skills. i am at chapter 6 right now. the game is realy dark. you have a lot more necromorphs and different monsters as in the first one. i cant wait to go back tonight again. i try to do 3 chapters a day. so i wont finish it to fast. i have the second costume now. it is more blue. there are some velociraptor type necros and they are fast as hell. i love this game.

Finally finished Ghostbusters. It's a great game! really loved it all the way through and hope for a full fledged sequel at some point. It felt not only continued but very naturally flowing from the first two movies.

Now... I don't play wow w/o the wife (to limit the addiction effect) , and I just can't get into mass effect. What should I play next? I'm very tempted to download Allen wake for 30$ and start playing now. or maybe deadspace, although i was like synch and couldn't get anywhere in the demo. Batman Arkam Aslym comes to mind as well. Mmmm... or I could be productive... nah.

I say go for Batman AA...

I recommend Monster Hunter Tri if you have a Wii...

Im playing me some Deathspank TOV and about to go back to rapture in bioshock 2 for minervas den now that its 50% off. Ive been waiting for that thing to go down in price and 5 bucks sounds pretty reasonable for a good 5 or so hour single player extension. The multiplayer is fun but not fun enough to buy any of the other multiplayer dlc. It takes forever to even get a game going.

Im only biding my time until Marvel Vs Capcom 3 comes out... which is in about 3 weeks... it cant come soon enough.

Im playing me some Deathspank TOV and about to go back to rapture in bioshock 2 for minervas den now that its 50% off. Ive been waiting for that thing to go down in price and 5 bucks sounds pretty reasonable for a good 5 or so hour single player extension. The multiplayer is fun but not fun enough to buy any of the other multiplayer dlc. It takes forever to even get a game going.

Im only biding my time until Marvel Vs Capcom 3 comes out... which is in about 3 weeks... it cant come soon enough.

hey thanks I don't have that one yet either ! 50% off sounds good to me! Still have quite a few achivements for bioshock 2 I wonder if people still play multiplayer on it lol .... Maybe I will finish off that one after I am done with wake ...

I say go for Batman AA...

Arkham Asylum and Alan Wake are both good. Both have great stories and gameplay, so I guess it depends on if you're in the mood for a survival horror type game, or a more action based game.