Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

Is there any way I can play old nintendo games or other older system games on my xbox 360 ?... I'd just love to play some zelda again or metroid :D If not xbox what about on the psp?.. I have one of those for the bluray mainly

Still playing AC2... One more damned feather left to find... I simply don't seem to be gaming much these days... simply not in the mood for it for some reason :S

Is there any way I can play old nintendo games or other older system games on my xbox 360 ?... I'd just love to play some zelda again or metroid :D If not xbox what about on the psp?.. I have one of those for the bluray mainly

Still playing AC2... One more damned feather left to find... I simply don't seem to be gaming much these days... simply not in the mood for it for some reason :S

There is but you have to hack/mod your system. Do you mean psp or ps3? If ps3, some say you can download linux and simply use a videogame emulator on it

Oh dang I can't just copy something onto a usb drive then ? :D Ah well... I don't want to do anything to risk screwing up my system ... How about for the PC then ?.. I know there are roms & such for them but its no fun playing with out a controller ... Would you (doom) or anyone happen to know of a good/cheap controller that I can hook up to the pc & set up to play roms with?

Oh dang I can't just copy something onto a usb drive then ? :D Ah well... I don't want to do anything to risk screwing up my system ... How about for the PC then ?.. I know there are roms & such for them but its no fun playing with out a controller ... Would you (doom) or anyone happen to know of a good/cheap controller that I can hook up to the pc & set up to play roms with?

Actually, If you own a 360 and a battery charge kit, you can hook your 360 controller up to your PC. It uses a USB port.

Also there are TONS of old school emulators out there. Its not hard finding the emulators, its hard finding the Roms that you want due to legal reasons. If you use torrents you ll find them though.

I have a ton of emulators and roms running on my original xbox along with other mods. I also have some emulators running on some portables as well.

Oh yeah just went on a crazy game session of Dantes Inferno. That game was pretty sick I must say. The CG cutscenes were some of the best Ive ever seen, and thats saying alot. I imagine blur or another top studio was outsourced to do them. I dont think Dantes is going to be as good as God of War 3 but it definitely was fun. I finally just got Bioshock 2 in the mail as well so I ll be getting to that eventually as well.

Depends on what system emulator you use. for example, I think this controller is excellent for sega games:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Saturn-SS-USB-Controller-Joypad-for-PC-MAC-GRAY_W0QQitemZ370327347460QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Joysticks_Game_Controllers?hash=item56393ae104

SNES games:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SNES-USB-PC-CONTROLLER-SNES-TO-PC-HOT_W0QQitemZ390161898689QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item5ad7761cc1

Depends on what system emulator you use. for example, I think this controller is excellent for sega games:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Saturn-SS-USB-Controller-Joypad-for-PC-MAC-GRAY_W0QQitemZ370327347460QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Joysticks_Game_Controllers?hash=item56393ae104

SNES games:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SNES-USB-PC-CONTROLLER-SNES-TO-PC-HOT_W0QQitemZ390161898689QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item5ad7761cc1

I would want something that could be used for all EMUs in general... for the most part I'd just be playing old NES games like zeldas :D I wouldn't mind playing some of the newer zeldas & what not though & metroids as well on what ever systems they are on ... Going to start out with NES for sure though :)

Well today I did good & only have two more achievements to go for AC2 ! Got the last of those damned feathers finally! Next up I'm going to try to finish up bioshock I think!

SNES games:

I would want something that could be used for all EMUs in general... for the most part I'd just be playing old NES games like zeldas :D I wouldn't mind playing some of the newer zeldas & what not though & metroids as well on what ever systems they are on ... Going to start out with NES for sure though :)

Well today I did good & only have two more achievements to go for AC2 ! Got the last of those damned feathers finally! Next up I'm going to try to finish up bioshock I think!

The auctions I posted actually work for all emulators

I posted those cause some gamers are purist and would only play games on pads that were design for them.

Got tekken 6 for 18 bucks today

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item56393ae104

SNES games:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item5ad7761cc1

Got tekken 6 for 18 bucks today

hehe got to love amazons gold box deals, also tekken 6 is wicked AWESOME!

Oh yeah just went on a crazy game session of Dantes Inferno. That game was pretty sick I must say. The CG cutscenes were some of the best Ive ever seen, and thats saying alot. I imagine blur or another top studio was outsourced to do them. I dont think Dantes is going to be as good as God of War 3 but it definitely was fun. I finally just got Bioshock 2 in the mail as well so I ll be getting to that eventually as well.

After alot of frustration I beat dantes inferno. For some reason I could not put it down. Could have done without a huge devil dong flailing around during the last boss fight.

Pretty close to beating the first Assassin's Creed. It's been pretty fun, but the missions get repetitive, and I've never seen a game so in love with hearing itself talk. The majority of the time I just tune out and start day-dreaming during the cut scenes...the NPC's just go on and on and ON about nothing. @lol@

Could have done without a huge devil dong flailing around during the last boss fight.

@lol@

I guess the reviews I read were right when they said there were sexual images thrown into the game just for shock value and not because they served any purpose.

I've been thinking about getting Dante's Inferno. Is it worth buying or is it more of a rental?

After alot of frustration I beat dantes inferno. For some reason I could not put it down. Could have done without a huge devil dong flailing around during the last boss fight.

Hahaha thats what im sayin. Too much dong. I didnt have alot of frustration with the game mostly because i played it on easy since there were no achievos for any difficulty, there wasnt a point in making things harder for me. I, like you, couldnt put it down either. It took the wee hours of the morning and alittle alcohol to make me drift away until the next morning. Very good game.

Could have done without a huge devil dong flailing around during the last boss fight.

@lol@

I guess the reviews I read were right when they said there were sexual images thrown into the game just for shock value and not because they served any purpose.

I've been thinking about getting Dante's Inferno. Is it worth buying or is it more of a rental?

Its a good budget price game but after you beat it, you unlock the majority of that achievements/trophies and there is a 50 wave endurance mode that you beat in like 40 mins. There is also some downloadable content if you are into them to extend your time. But other than that there really isnt alot of replay to it. I borrowed my friends and dont really plan on buying it unless i find it for super cheap.

@lol@

Its a good budget price game but after you beat it, you unlock the majority of that achievements/trophies and there is a 50 wave endurance mode that you beat in like 40 mins. There is also some downloadable content if you are into them to extend your time. But other than that there really isnt alot of replay to it. I borrowed my friends and dont really plan on buying it unless i find it for super cheap.

I'll probably just hold off then until it drops in price.

Thanks. :P

@lol@

I see EH already answered, but yeah, its probably a rental, or less than $30 purchase. I think it was the depiction of hell that kept me glued. I just wanted to see how the next circle was going to be portrayed.

The creepiest thing to me was the first time you fight the limbo babies

Pretty close to beating the first Assassin's Creed. It's been pretty fun, but the missions get repetitive, and I've never seen a game so in love with hearing itself talk. The majority of the time I just tune out and start day-dreaming during the cut scenes...the NPC's just go on and on and ON about nothing. @lol@

If you are talking about # 2 on the flying machine mission be sure you kick a guard down or you need to replay the level to get to that point again :S (if you care at all about the achievements :S

Actually, If you own a 360 and a battery charge kit, you can hook your 360 controller up to your PC. It uses a USB port.

Also there are TONS of old school emulators out there. Its not hard finding the emulators, its hard finding the Roms that you want due to legal reasons. If you use torrents you ll find them though.

I have a ton of emulators and roms running on my original xbox along with other mods. I also have some emulators running on some portables as well.

360 controller on the pc? really I must try this. what drivers etc do you need or is it plug and play?

I tried it with zsnes and even though it says my drivers are installed, the 360 controller doesn't seem to actually work :(

360 controller on the pc? really I must try this. what drivers etc do you need or is it plug and play?

I tried it with zsnes and even though it says my drivers are installed, the 360 controller doesn't seem to actually work :(

If I am not mistaken, an infered device is required http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Windows-pc/dp/B000KA5T6A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1269326276&sr=1-1

I haven't heard a 360 wired pad workin on the pc but since the wireless ones are made for the pc, it should work

I read this review and believe that it may help you in your quest to get your wired controller to work

102 Reviews

5 star: (60)

4 star: (19)

3 star: (7)

2 star: (7)

1 star: (9)

Average Customer Review

4.1 out of 5 stars (102 customer reviews)

Share your thoughts with other customers:

Create your own review

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

29 of 29 people found the following review helpful:

5.0 out of 5 stars I Use it for Games, PowerDVD, and General Windows Functionality, July 6, 2008

By R. Arrigo (California) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)

Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)

I've owned the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows device for about a week, and the only thing I am unhappy about is that I waited so long to buy this controller.

Combined with Xpadder, a free program that lets you emulate key presses and mouse movements directly from the controller (google the program), the 360 controller has become a great way to websurf, play games (e.g. Gears of War, Resident Evil 4), and even control media applications such as Cyberlink PowerDVD. If you don't want to bother programming the Xpadder software yourself, you can download predefined profiles for each of your programs and modify them as you see fit. The range of the controller is sufficient for me, but I have a pretty small apartment :-) I do not know how long the batteries will last and I am considering getting some kind of rechargeable setup. I've run this controller on both Windows XP and Windows Vista without any bugs or other problems.

Overall, I rate this product a 4.5/5.0 stars. The only modification I would make to the controller is to disable it's 'auto-off' feature that shuts down the controller automatically after around 10 - 15 minutes of disuse. When you are reading a web page for a long period of time or watching a movie, having to hit the 'on' button on the center of the pad before you can use the controller again is a minor annoyance. However, for most people who will use this controller primarily for gaming, this is not a problem at all and is instead a battery preserving feature, thus the deduction of only 0.5 stars.

SNES games:

You wouldn't know of anything similar I'd be able to just go down to a walmart or something & pick up would you ?..

SNES games:

You wouldn't know of anything similar I'd be able to just go down to a walmart or something & pick up would you ?..

Actually I do. Any pc controller would be fine since the controllers these days mimics the design of the ps2 controllers. If you're one of those ppl who hates anything that somewhat resembles a ps product, you can always buy the microsoft pc controller, which essentally is a 360 controller with a infered device

lol hell I missed this post! I think I do have one of these! JJ got me a little xbox accessory pack one time & It has this in it. .. awesome I'm going to have to mess around with this! Thanks guys! Do I need to install drivers for this or do I just turn the power on the controller ? Edit windows found & installed them... Now which is the best Snes & Nes EMU to use ?.. I'm not really worried about all the legal crap I know where I can find the games & EMUs & I own all the games I intend to play either way :S

Ive never used my 360 controller with my PC but Ive had friends that have. Heres a set up I picked up off the net:

First of all you want to download the software from Microsoft which will allow you to use your wired Xbox 360 controller to play PC games. You can find it at Microsoft Downloads. Just fill in the relevant details, download the file and install it on your PC.

Some versions of Windows will automatically detect the controller when you plug it in and prompt you to update your system with the relevant drivers. You can try this first if you don't want to download the software separately.

Once the software is installed you can plug your Xbox 360 controller into your USB port on your computer. To ensure it is working correctly select Game Controllers in the Control Panel in Windows.

Not all games support the controller; you can check the game manual to see whether your game does.

Read more: http://www.brighthub...x#ixzz0j3YZXFxK

Also if you dont have a play and charge kit or a wired controller, there is a suggestion to buy a wireless pc adapter which they link here:

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000HZFCT2

hope this helps!