Video Game Thread.

Doom Saber

EvilHayato - Do you own the fighting stick?... I cant for the life of me play fighting games on the XBox controller...

Actually I do have a fight stick, the Hori fight stick that came with the Tekken Collectors Edition. Its decent but it doesnt have a port to put the headset in but it is wireless! But I ironically enough, I use the xbox controller primarily. I always tend to just adapt to whatever controls I get. For Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom I just use the Wii-mote :D.

I havent even turned on my PS3 for months so nothing happen to my system... But did anyone get affected by the PS3 Network glitch?... I heard it crashes your system... Sony really needs to step up...

It was a clock related bug that only affect some of the ps3 phat owners. Fournately for me and you, we haven't turned on our console for a long time.

The bug is fixed and the bug only occured on march 1st. It doesn't crash all systems, but only a few though I have heard that the bug also deletes trophys and other stuff.

I got one of the TE fightsticks shortly after SFIV came out, and I can not go back to using a 360 controller. To me, it made that much of a difference. I also bought a fightpad for a friend of mine since he didn't have the cash to buy a fightstick, and he still sometimes does a cannon spike on accident.

I got one of the TE fightsticks shortly after SFIV came out, and I can not go back to using a 360 controller. To me, it made that much of a difference. I also bought a fightpad for a friend of mine since he didn't have the cash to buy a fightstick, and he still sometimes does a cannon spike on accident.

I have a friend who claims that he has gotten use to the xbox dpad for SF4. However, he only uses Balrog (the charge moves are easy to do on a xbox pad, imo) is a total xbox360 fanboy, so I am not sure if what he says is true

I use the Xbox controller and I wouldnt consider myself an "xbox360 fanboy". I just switch between the analog and digital pads on the controller. I never had a problem doing moves and such.

I dont think I am turning on my PS3 until God of War 3 comes out...

I dont think im buying a ps3 until god of war 3 comes out... :D lol... which I bought god of war 3 ultimate edition before i even have a ps3. double lol.

I'm playing through Mass Effect right now.

I think this game is WAY overhyped. The story and character interaction are awesome, but the combat is severely lacking. I can never seem to get my squad members to do what I want them to do, and fighting from the vehicle (the Mako, or whatever it's called) is mind-numbingly boring. I often find myself wishing the combat sections would just end so I can get to the next part of the storyline. @lol@

I don't see how this game got such high reviews as it did. I would've given it a 7.5/10 at best, due to the sometimes buggy/boring combat.

With all of you guys talking about fighting games, I haven't seen anyone mention Soul Calibur 4 yet. I bought that when it first came out and played for a few weeks, and then got hooked on WoW again, and stop playing it. I need to get back into it again. Soul Calibur is probably my favorite fighting title. I played the heck out of Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast back in the day.

I think this game is WAY overhyped. The story and character interaction are awesome, but the combat is severely lacking. I can never seem to get my squad members to do what I want them to do, and fighting from the vehicle (the Mako, or whatever it's called) is mind-numbingly boring. I often find myself wishing the combat sections would just end so I can get to the next part of the storyline. @lol@

I don't see how this game got such high reviews as it did. I would've given it a 7.5/10 at best, due to the sometimes buggy/boring combat.

With all of you guys talking about fighting games, I haven't seen anyone mention Soul Calibur 4 yet. I bought that when it first came out and played for a few weeks, and then got hooked on WoW again, and stop playing it. I need to get back into it again. Soul Calibur is probably my favorite fighting title. I played the heck out of Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast back in the day.

I was never good at 3D fighting games... SC was fun though... The Dreamcast was awesome... Poor thing never stood a chance.. It was hacked before it was even officially released...

I was never good at 3D fighting games... SC was fun though... The Dreamcast was awesome... Poor thing never stood a chance.. It was hacked before it was even officially released...

The Dreamcast was AWESOME! as well as its port of Soul Calibur. I played the hell out of that game. The Soul Calibur series IMO has kind of dropped in its quality and fun in each installment. SC4 was fun, I loved it, I love the series, but I dont think i put nearly as much time in playing it as i did Soul Blade and Soul Calibur 1. I still love every new character they introduce and the gameplay is still there, just some reason they seem to get alittle less interesting. Maybe it was because SC4 didnt have any real edge master mode or a real indepth 1 player mode.

DarthJoe, have you played any other Bioware titles? They all have what would be considered to some "boring combat". They are RPGs to their core. Mass Effect is just a shiny RPG with shooting elements. It wouldnt get compared to games like gears of war or lost planet. All their games are very similar in structure. You either love them or hate them. Most people I know love the hell out of them. Im kind of in between. I respect them, curious about some of their titles but dont really play them.

It was hacked a year after it was released in the US. Someone released a developer's boot cd out to the public. IF that cd wasn't released, I do not think the system would fail as fast

It was hacked a year after it was released in the US. Someone released a developer's boot cd out to the public. IF that cd wasn't released, I do not think the system would fail as fast

This is also true as they wouldn't have later made those ripped games self booting. I miss the dreamcast and at the time of its existence, I didn't have alot of money and was one of those kids that would download and burn games for it. I was young and would've done differently now. Even though it allowed me to play games I would have otherwise never had been exposed to or even been able to(imports). I remember playing the import of Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and it wasn't even out in America for another few months. That felt great and when the US version eventually came out I was still there day one buying it.

I remember getting a boot disk the same time I got the system... But its been a long time so most likely I am wrong... Anyways Ikaruga is the best shooter ever... I didnt know this game existed until a friend told about me about it just recently... I believe a DL version was released but I rather play it on the Dreamcast... Had to boot the old boy back up...

soul blade one ps1 was my favorite game for that system!! I remember renting the dreamcast and soul calibur just to see what they were like. haven't tried the newest one yet

right now i'm liking Toy soldiers from the XBL arcade and Army of two... even if you can put an ak47 barrel on an m4 :rolleyes:

did anyone else have a modded ps1? you had to buy one of those things to plug into the back and use a spring or something to hold the top open and you could play all the burned video games you wanted lol!

soul blade one ps1 was my favorite game for that system!! I remember renting the dreamcast and soul calibur just to see what they were like. haven't tried the newest one yet

right now i'm liking Toy soldiers from the XBL arcade and Army of two... even if you can put an ak47 barrel on an m4 :rolleyes:

did anyone else have a modded ps1? you had to buy one of those things to plug into the back and use a spring or something to hold the top open and you could play all the burned video games you wanted lol!

Soul Blade has the best intro in a game ever. Even better than the sequels

The ps mod cards were awsome since it was an efficient way to play japanese imports. We should stray away from talking about burnt games though

I couldn't agree more. The combat system on that game blows.

Soul Blade has the best intro in a game ever. Even better than the sequels

The ps mod cards were awsome since it was an efficient way to play japanese imports. We should stray away from talking about burnt games though

I would very much agree, it was the first to introduce such an epic cast of characters and ridiculously fun sword/weapons play. One thing Im glad they took out that was in the first game was the weapon break system.

The intro to Soul Blade/Edge still to this day is very epic especially for how old it is. Just recently I started to download the soundtracks to all the "Soul" games and that intro song has always been my favorite. So good.

DarthJoe, have you played any other Bioware titles? They all have what would be considered to some "boring combat". They are RPGs to their core. Mass Effect is just a shiny RPG with shooting elements. It wouldnt get compared to games like gears of war or lost planet. All their games are very similar in structure. You either love them or hate them. Most people I know love the hell out of them. Im kind of in between. I respect them, curious about some of their titles but dont really play them.

Nah, this is the first game I've played that's done by Bioware.

I'm all for RPG action, but Mass Effect is just lacking something in their combat system. I just finished it today, and like I said before, the story line in ME is awesome, but that's the only thing that kept me playing. The fighting and questing is just tedious.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was the amount of times I died due to my squad members doing stupid $h*t like standing out in the open, their skills not working properly, or pinning me against a wall so I couldn't move. Almost every time I died was the fault of the AI squad members.

I didn't go into it expecting it to be like GoW or similar shooters, but I didn't expect the action element of the game to suck as bad as it did considering the reviews it got.

I'm about to start Dead Space...anyone else played this yet?

If anyone wants free mass effect 2 codes for the dr pepper promotions,lmk

I goofed and bought the codes for $1.00 on ebay (they closed the auction shortly after) and later noticed a site that were giving away the same codes for free.

The codes work more than once.

still haven't played mass effect, i'm sure i will eventually. I'm currently playing Dragon age in between MW2 battles. I like it so far, not sure how the combat system compares. I have to say there are unnecessary difficulty spikes. I had to tone it down to hard, cause nightmare was just impossible for certain fights.