Holy crap, they're building an Aldi in my neighborhood!

MintCondition

This means I may actually get to find Kamakura!

I've been reading on here (and on Hisstank) about how people see Nano Viper and Kamakura at Aldi...I live in Garland, TX and the closest Aldi to me is in Oklahoma...

But a couple of weeks ago I saw them refurbishing a building right across the street from a Wal-Mart. I didn't know what it was, it just said "neighborhood market", but tonight I passed by it and sure enough it was all lit up and had a big Aldi sign right on it! It won't be open until Spring though.

It's weird, but I think this is really cool. Not sure how many people are going to shop there considering it's right across the street from a Wal-Mart (literally I could throw a stone and hit the Wal-Mart from where this Aldi is), but it means I may actually see a Kamakura! Or at least some hard to find Joes...

This means I may actually get to find Kamakura!

I've been reading on here (and on Hisstank) about how people see Nano Viper and Kamakura at Aldi...I live in Garland, TX and the closest Aldi to me is in Oklahoma...

But a couple of weeks ago I saw them refurbishing a building right across the street from a Wal-Mart. I didn't know what it was, it just said "neighborhood market", but tonight I passed by it and sure enough it was all lit up and had a big Aldi sign right on it! It won't be open until Spring though.

It's weird, but I think this is really cool. Not sure how many people are going to shop there considering it's right across the street from a Wal-Mart (literally I could throw a stone and hit the Wal-Mart from where this Aldi is), but it means I may actually see a Kamakura! Or at least some hard to find Joes...

Actually it means you may find stuff there next Xmas season. Oh and Aldi has much better prices than WM. Not to mention I like their generic better than Sam's Choice stuff.

i had one where i used to live, and honestly most of the of their food tasted like garbage, (oddly enough they exception was frozen shrimp) and I can't recall seeing any toys at any point. Not trying to dampen your hopes though. For the next several months you'll have a chance as old product clears away.

do they have those things where you have to put a quarter in the buggy to get it out and then to get the quarter back you have to put the buggy back where it belongs at all the aldis or just the one by me? people still leave the buggies in the parking lot >.<

and by the time that aldis is built you will probably have seen kamakura somewhere else. especially since as far as i know theres not gonna be too much new stuff until the later half of the year.

i had one where i used to live, and honestly most of the of their food tasted like garbage, (oddly enough they exception was frozen shrimp) and I can't recall seeing any toys at any point. Not trying to dampen your hopes though. For the next several months you'll have a chance as old product clears away.

Ha! When is the last time you tried something from there then?

All my Aldis are cleaned out by now. They clearanced everything for $3.69. They only have toys during Xmas.

Yeah people seem to be lazy & not return their carts for 25 cents back. Doesn't matter to me I could always use some change. :D

Ha! When is the last time you tried something from there then?

All my Aldis are cleaned out by now. They clearanced everything for $3.69. They only have toys during Xmas.

Yeah people seem to be lazy & not return their carts for 25 cents back. Doesn't matter to me I could always use some change. :D

be a nice place to be a buggy boy ;)

The only time Aldi's hit is when Mattel released all their MOTU Snakemen figures there but for G.I. Joes... It was like a fluke that they got them and probably won't get them again.

The only time Aldi's hit is when Mattel released all their MOTU Snakemen figures there but for G.I. Joes... It was like a fluke that they got them and probably won't get them again.

I'm pretty sure all it was, was the movie hype which got them there.

Never heard of this chain.

It's originally a discount grocery store from Germany. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldi In the USA, Aldi Nord CEO Theo Albrecht started a family trust that owns the Trader Joe's chain of speciality grocery stores, which is separate from both Aldi corporations. It is not Theo but his brother Karl Albrecht's Aldi South that conducts Aldi's operations in the USA.

They pretty much have an expansion boom going on because of the current economy people want to buy groceries for less.