If you were remaking the Original Trilogy today

revsears

The only thing I would change about the originals is Yoda looking like a muppet and sounding like Miss Piggy and the ewoks. God I hated those stupid things. Reminded me of a really bad Burt Reynold movie from the 70's that had little monkey looking things in them and I think he feel in love with one or something.

A Burt Reynolds movie from the '70s, filled with monkey creatures, one of which he...falls in love with?! I just gotta see that... (lol)

I tend to be a purist when it comes to Star Wars. The movies are what they are. Any remake might be interesting, but it'd be alot like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; real pretty to look at, and kinda fun to watch maybe, but nowhere near as good as the original film, with nowhere near as much heart and soul. (Sorry Mr. Depp.)

I'm tellin' ya guys; my gut instinct is that Lucas has been working on the sequels to the original trilogy, Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, when he's been letting everyone think he's working on a tv show the last few years. That's my theory anyway. I may be way off, but wouldn't that be cool? I just wish if he did, he'd turn over the directing reins to somebody else, like he did with Empire and Jedi. He should have with the prequels, although I really like how he handled ROTS overall.

• Like 1

The reboot will happen one day, if society lasts that long. Lucas will die, new movies will wrestle away the kids and whoever owns the rights will want more Cash$

For those of you who said we should reboot the prequels, I wholeheartedly agree, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. I also wouldn't want the OT to be edited to better match the the PT, the Pt is what i have the most problems with!

I think if we were honest we would admit if those movies (the ot) came out today it wouldn't wow the kids in the same way.

The only thing I would change about the originals is Yoda looking like a muppet and sounding like Miss Piggy and the ewoks. God I hated those stupid things. Reminded me of a really bad Burt Reynold movie from the 70's that had little monkey looking things in them and I think he feel in love with one or something.

A Burt Reynolds movie from the '70s, filled with monkey creatures, one of which he...falls in love with?! I just gotta see that... (lol)

I tend to be a purist when it comes to Star Wars. The movies are what they are. Any remake might be interesting, but it'd be alot like Charley and the Chocolate Factory; real pretty to look at, and kinda fun to watch maybe, but nowhere near as good as the original film, with nowhere near as much heart and soul. (Sorry Mr. Depp.)

I'm tellin' ya guys; my gut instinct is that Lucas has been working on the sequels to the original trilogy, Episodes VII, VIII, and IX, when he's been letting everyone think he's working on a tv show the last few years. That's my theory anyway. I may be way off, but wouldn't that be cool? I just wish if he did, he'd turn over the directing reins to somebody else, like he did with Empire and Jedi. He should have with the prequels, although I really like how he handled ROTS overall.

I think Lucas should have had somone else direct the prequals as well.Not knocking Star Wars a New Hope but ESB was very dark and for a 6 year old at the time(which I was)it was very intense.Han being frozen,Vader cutting off Luke's hand and reveiling he is Luke's father.The thing I would have changed with the prequels.Instead of the Battledroids I would have liked the Mandalorians being the main bad guys.I was really disappointed with they made Boba Fett into a kid same with Anakin for TPM,both shoule have been a bit older then they were.I thought Fett had a big role in the Clone Wars.Myself I liked the Ewoks but I didn't really like the Gunguns very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather have a live action tv series to cover the events of what would be episode 7,8, and 9 >.< Really though, how does a franchise as large as star wars not have live action tv show??? 6 movies in a series is enough already. move it along to tv.

I wouldn't change anything from the original trilogy either. I wouldn't want to. It is what it is. I even like all the stuff they added to it, well except that annoying musical number in return of the jedi.

I wouldn't mind a redo of 1-3 though I actually liked episode one the best. Take away all the contradictions it made with the OT and you have a pretty good sci fi action flick set in the star wars world. (you just have to skip the 9 hour long pod race scene...) I was already sick of the battle droids by the end of episode 1 so I hated them in 2 and 3. Hayden Christensen played an awful Anakin, especially in episode 3. He just couldn't do angry an hateful very well. I wasn't too keen on Portman's performance n episode 3 either... perhaps we can chalk both of those last two complaints up to poor directing?

I'd rather have a live action tv series to cover the events of what would be episode 7,8, and 9 >.< Really though, how does a franchise as large as star wars not have live action tv show??? 6 movies in a series is enough already. move it along to tv.

I wouldn't change anything from the original trilogy either. I wouldn't want to. It is what it is. I even like all the stuff they added to it, well except that annoying musical number in return of the jedi.

I wouldn't mind a redo of 1-3 though I actually liked episode one the best. Take away all the contradictions it made with the OT and you have a pretty good sci fi action flick set in the star wars world. (you just have to skip the 9 hour long pod race scene...) I was already sick of the battle droids by the end of episode 1 so I hated them in 2 and 3. Hayden Christensen played an awful Anakin, especially in episode 3. He just couldn't do angry an hateful very well. I wasn't too keen on Portman's performance n episode 3 either... perhaps we can chalk both of those last two complaints up to poor directing?

I have to agree with you on the whole "Battle Droid" thing. I already didn't like them when Episode I came out. But at least they sounded like robots in Episode I. Why did George Lucas have to change the way they sound in II and III? They sounded really lame in the last 2 episodes of the trilogy and on with the new cartoon as well. They're robots! Why make them sound like they have feelings? They don't! They're machines for goodness sake. To me, at least they sounded a little more intimidating in Episode I originally.

I have to agree with you on the whole "Battle Droid" thing. I already didn't like them when Episode I came out. But at least they sounded like robots in Episode I. Why did George Lucas have to change the way they sound in II and III? They sounded really lame in the last 2 episodes of the trilogy and on with the new cartoon as well. They're robots! Why make them sound like they have feelings? They don't! They're machines for goodness sake. To me, at least they sounded a little more intimidating in Episode I originally.

Well, one could hypothesize that as the Separatists relied more and more heavily upon droids to perform every possible task and utilized battle droids in numerous niches outside of actual combat they began to program in some rudimentary ai that would make them seem a little more "alive" when it comes to communication.

Its called "Skullduggery", stars Burt Reynolds, Susan Clark and Roger C. Carmel.

I'd expect it to be tough to find on DVD.

Well, one could hypothesize that as the Separatists relied more and more heavily upon droids to perform every possible task and utilized battle droids in numerous niches outside of actual combat they began to program in some rudimentary ai that would make them seem a little more "alive" when it comes to communication.

True but the Mandalorians in Clone Wars looked so damn cool though. @loll@

Yeah, that's one of the little changes that drove me crazy, but I only remember the change in Episode III. I agree totally though; it just made the scenes they were in seem so silly and I hated it. I much prefer the cold, monotone voice they had in Episode I.

Its too bad the Mandeloreans weren't the clones

I once heard back in the early 90's that the Mandeloreans were going to be the evil clones taking on the Jedi instead of the battle droids

I remember hearing something about the JEDI were the ones being cloned. "Obi-Wan" was the phonetic pronunciation of "OB-1" and meant "Original Ben 1".

Now, bear in mind, I heard this a LONG time ago, and at the time it made since since is he "Ben Kenobi" or "Obi-Wan Kenobi". Know what I mean?

I once heard back in the early 90's that the Mandeloreans were going to be the evil clones taking on the Jedi instead of the battle droids

I remember hearing something about the JEDI were the ones being cloned. "Obi-Wan" was the phonetic pronunciation of "OB-1" and meant "Original Ben 1".

Now, bear in mind, I heard this a LONG time ago, and at the time it made since since is he "Ben Kenobi" or "Obi-Wan Kenobi". Know what I mean?

On one of the early scripts for ROTS there was a scene where Obi Wan referd to Cody as Ben.I heard this before the movie came out and thought thats how he went with the name Ben on Tatooine.Unless Ben was his given name and when he changed it as a padawan to a Jedi name.

Sounds odd, but much neater than what we got. MOanerloreans would have been fine to. Part of my problem witht he clones is that it lead me to believe that the stormtroopers were clones. If so why the name change?

• 2 weeks later...

They should have never made the pre-quels and they should never change the originals. The scenes added to the originals, via Special edition, or update due to Prequels, pissed me off. I only liked the addition of the windows in Bespin from Empire, and the ending celebration from Jedi. Other than that, I thought the additions just didnt cut it.

I don't want to put down the idea of 'What changes you want.....' but this line of thought led Lucas to committing heresy, in the form a menacing Phantom, a bunch of attacking clones, and a Vengeful Sith.

Heh.............oh man, have you taken me back.

You have just surfaced a deliberately planted rumour by a friend/colleague of mine, Chris Bell, who created this one back in 1997 when the Special Editions and Prequels were just being started.

He wanted to see how far it would go because, as you said, it sounded logical.