DCUC on sale @ Target

darthfoley

For those of you who have said your Target doesn't have the sale, be sure to double check using the price scanner. Neither of my Targets had the sale price listed under or near the figs, but at each store, they came up as $7.99 on the scanner.

Even still?

I stopped at 2 targets today.

The first had:

2x Cyborg

1x Ares

Captain Cold

Big Barda

Booster

OW Aquaman

GH Captain Marvel

The second had:

2x Cyborg

Silver Banshee

Are the Public Enemies on sale too?

For those of you who have said your Target doesn't have the sale, be sure to double check using the price scanner. Neither of my Targets had the sale price listed under or near the figs, but at each store, they came up as $7.99 on the scanner.

Even still?

I stopped at 2 targets today.

The first had:

2x Cyborg

1x Ares

Captain Cold

Big Barda

Booster

OW Aquaman

GH Captain Marvel

The second had:

2x Cyborg

Silver Banshee

Are the Public Enemies on sale too?

Don't know if they are still on sale. That was as of Saturday.

I don't think PEs are on sale.

Thats the dept mgrs fault they should of checked this out and put up the temporary price cut signs which are yellow

Now that you mention it, they were marked down at the first store I went to...at $11.99. I was like F that, but decided to check to see if they had any in the stock room. And of course, when I scanned one it came up as 7.99.

Dang dude! Now I know where all the DCUC figures are going in the ATL area! I've been searching mightily in GA for the DCUC 9 figures during this clearance, haven't found any yet...

Any Wave 9 that I find is always at Targets in small towns pretty far outside of the Atlanta metro area. If they did get shipped to those Targets in the ATL metro area, collectors or scalpers grabbed them fast. I have found a Black Canary or Green Arrow here or there and left them on the shelves. Most of those Targets are stocked up with Wave 7, as you probably know. Alot of them have a random Wave 8 Vigilante on the shelf, and if you see this, that means they had a shipment of Wave 9 and all of it sold but the Vig. Anyways, if I run into any Targets in the ATL metro area that actually have Wave 9, I will let you know asap. I know how frustrating it can be to not find what you are looking for when a sale like this goes on. I hunted today at Targets and the sale is still on, so maybe we have another week.

As far as my findings today, I was not nearly as lucky as I was when I posted before, but I only went to 3 Targets. What I found was a Big Barda variant, which I had yet to find even before this sale. I also stopped off at a random comic store I just happened to see while driving and got a DCSH Cyborg Superman, sealed in great condition for $10. So, it was still a good day.

Any Wave 9 that I find is always at Targets in small towns pretty far outside of the Atlanta metro area. If they did get shipped to those Targets in the ATL metro area, collectors or scalpers grabbed them fast. I have found a Black Canary or Green Arrow here or there and left them on the shelves. Most of those Targets are stocked up with Wave 7, as you probably know. Alot of them have a random Wave 8 Vigilante on the shelf, and if you see this, that means they had a shipment of Wave 9 and all of it sold but the Vig. Anyways, if I run into any Targets in the ATL metro area that actually have Wave 9, I will let you know asap. I know how frustrating it can be to not find what you are looking for when a sale like this goes on. I hunted today at Targets and the sale is still on, so maybe we have another week.

As far as my findings today, I was not nearly as lucky as I was when I posted before, but I only went to 3 Targets. What I found was a Big Barda variant, which I had yet to find even before this sale. I also stopped off at a random comic store I just happened to see while driving and got a DCSH Cyborg Superman, sealed in great condition for $10. So, it was still a good day.

Out of curiosity, what small towns outside the Metro area are you checking on? I've been to every Target from Canton to Marietta thus far and the only thing outside of Wave 6 and 7 is Black Manta, Vigilante, and Black Canary. I have a few more Targets off the beaten path to hit, and can only hope for the gems you found.

A quick addendum. After hitting up another Target off the beaten path I found 2 Wildcats (1 black and 1 purple), Wave 4 Ares, and Wave 4 Cyborg - the regular version. I still have 3 more Targets I would like to hit between today and tomorrow. But as of right now I've been to 4 Targets.

I was gonna get a WGSH Firestorm for my cousin on the occasion of his birthday, but when I finally went in, everything was gone except for a Silver Banshee. The Public Enemies toys aren't even on sale. At least they're still only $13.

Out of curiosity, what small towns outside the Metro area are you checking on? I've been to every Target from Canton to Marietta thus far and the only thing outside of Wave 6 and 7 is Black Manta, Vigilante, and Black Canary. I have a few more Targets off the beaten path to hit, and can only hope for the gems you found.

A quick addendum. After hitting up another Target off the beaten path I found 2 Wildcats (1 black and 1 purple), Wave 4 Ares, and Wave 4 Cyborg - the regular version. I still have 3 more Targets I would like to hit between today and tomorrow. But as of right now I've been to 4 Targets.

Alot of the figures I found were right across the state line in Alabama. I can not remember the exact city names. I just put in the addresses on my GPS and drove lol. I could go back and look and let you know, but when I found what I found, they did not have anything else good. As I said in my last post though, I have left some nice figures on the shelf that I already have. Here is what I have seen and left that you might be looking for: Green Arrow, Black Canary, Red and Green Parademon, Hawkgirl, Both versions of Mantis, Dr. Fate, Wave 2 Aquaman (long hair), and alot of Vigilantes. Also, I have seen the same assortment that someone mentioned above with Mr. Terrific and Commander Steel. I have seen this twice just yesterday, but I already have those figures, so I left them at both Targets. I can not remember the exact Targets I saw these at because I have been to so many in the past week, but I will look in my GPS and see if I can figure it out.

Dang dude! Now I know where all the DCUC figures are going in the ATL area! I've been searching mightily in GA for the DCUC 9 figures during this clearance, haven't found any yet...

Thanks! I routinely drive to Charlotte, so I've stopped at every Target along the way in GA, SC and NC. All I've found is one Black Canary and a bunch of DCUC 6 and Captain Colds. About a month ago I happened upon DCUC 9 in NC and passed because I couldn't drop $14 per on them...but at $8, I really want them. Especially now that I have a random Chemo piece...

Also, paying $7.99 for a 6" figure reminds me of better days in toy collecting...it feels good to pay under $10 again. Sadly, the price increases are going to force me out of the hobby...

Thanks! I routinely drive to Charlotte, so I've stopped at every Target along the way in GA, SC and NC. All I've found is one Black Canary and a bunch of DCUC 6 and Captain Colds. About a month ago I happened upon DCUC 9 in NC and passed because I couldn't drop $14 per on them...but at $8, I really want them. Especially now that I have a random Chemo piece...

Also, paying $7.99 for a 6" figure reminds me of better days in toy collecting...it feels good to pay under $10 again. Sadly, the price increases are going to force me out of the hobby...

If you go to enough Targets, you are sure to find Wave 9 somewhere. I am sure you will find it all, but Black Adam and Gaurdian. Targets are now getting Wave 9 shipments with all of Wave 9, but those 2. So I hope you find them at this sale price. I hope you even come across the Black Adam and Gaurdian somewhere. Black Adam is in my top 3 favorite DCUC figures. Even the way he looks in his package is very cool.

If you REALLY want it bad enough to pay regular price, you can find Deadshot and Green Arrow at most Toys R Us. Actually, I ran into a Deadshot and Green Arrow just tonight at the Toys R Us in Alpharetta, GA off of Mansell Road. It was weird because on the usual aisle that the DCUC figures are on, they had 2 Captain Colds, but then I went to the aisle where the have all of the Marvel toys and all of the Batman: Brave and the Bold toys, and they had Green Arrow and Deadshot on the 2nd shelf up near the end of the aisle. I was there RIGHT before it closed, so if anyone lives near there and is looking for those figures, they are definately still there.

If you go to enough Targets, you are sure to find Wave 9 somewhere. I am sure you will find it all, but Black Adam and Gaurdian. Targets are now getting Wave 9 shipments with all of Wave 9, but those 2. So I hope you find them at this sale price. I hope you even come across the Black Adam and Gaurdian somewhere. Black Adam is in my top 3 favorite DCUC figures. Even the way he looks in his package is very cool.

If you REALLY want it bad enough to pay regular price, you can find Deadshot and Green Arrow at most Toys R Us. Actually, I ran into a Deadshot and Green Arrow just tonight at the Toys R Us in Alpharetta, GA off of Mansell Road. It was weird because on the usual aisle that the DCUC figures are on, they had 2 Captain Colds, but then I went to the aisle where the have all of the Marvel toys and all of the Batman: Brave and the Bold toys, and they had Green Arrow and Deadshot on the 2nd shelf up near the end of the aisle. I was there RIGHT before it closed, so if anyone lives near there and is looking for those figures, they are definately still there.

Heh. Not too weird, honestly. I had actually returned those exact figures to that store around 4 or 5 P.M. I had ended up with a spare set and my son didn't want them. We decided to go to North Point after I got him out of school yesterday. The Target and Wal-Mart didn't have much to speak of, unfortunately.

I know what you mean, I finally found a friggin Flash at one of the two targets around me for 7.99 and it made me think, damn prices have REALLY went up since back then.

Also, I know this is a DCUC thread for a target sale, but if anyone runs into an extra Wave 10 Joker, could you pick it up and I'll give you the monies for it? I just got hosed by an Company on Amazon that I ordered the whole wave 10 off of and it shipped, but they didn't tell me until a week later that they ran out of the joker.

Also, I know this is a DCUC thread for a target sale, but if anyone runs into an extra Wave 10 Joker, could you pick it up and I'll give you the monies for it? I just got hosed by an Company on Amazon that I ordered the whole wave 10 off of and it shipped, but they didn't tell me until a week later that they ran out of the joker.

If you could find a green Steppenwolf or Robotman I'd gladly trade the extra Joker I have.

W00T! Thanks for the tip.

I found the entire Chemo set and was able to put that monster green guy together on my lunch hour.

I was only going to get Arrow and SP Mantis, but Chemo was staring at me and I had to get it.

Hit Town Center Target and the Target in Acworth (Georgia..) both had stock in the back. Both had Wave 6 and 7 in abundance. Six targets and no real goldmine. But I can't scoff at Ares, Black Mantis, or black Wildcat. If this continues on for another week I think I can hit 3 more Targets within a reasonable 30-40 min drive.

Hit Town Center Target and the Target in Acworth (Georgia..) both had stock in the back. Both had Wave 6 and 7 in abundance. Six targets and no real goldmine. But I can't scoff at Ares, Black Mantis, or black Wildcat. If this continues on for another week I think I can hit 3 more Targets within a reasonable 30-40 min drive.

Make sure you hit the new Target in Canton, they had plenty of Wave 9 in a couple of weeks ago when I visited my parents.

man you guys make me jealous. I saw most of wave 9 ONCE and picked up a canary.. but i had to pay full price. And I always wanted Atom Smasher but i dont want any of the wave. lol.

Make sure you hit the new Target in Canton, they had plenty of Wave 9 in a couple of weeks ago when I visited my parents.

I pass by there everything morning taking my son to school. And I probably check it at least twice a week. Same with the Wal-Mart on Exit 20. The black Canary is still there. I was hoping to find some Wave 2-4 or 8 love.

man you guys make me jealous. I saw most of wave 9 ONCE and picked up a canary.. but i had to pay full price. And I always wanted Atom Smasher but i dont want any of the wave. lol.

Don't be jealous. I just tend to have a lot of free time on certain days (being off from work and my son is at school.) And so I mindlessly drive around. If I have learned anything over the many years of collecting in the modern world - patience and diligence is key. Everything I have wanted I have found at retail as long as the items were still in circulation.

So JJ, how did u get a price match for an unadvertised sale??? Inquiring minds must know!!

Some places will price match if you take them a receipt for an item you purchased elsewhere at that price. In most cases this defeats the purpose of a price match, but in the case of a plastic addiction it can be real handy. :D

I'm right there with ya. I found Canary and Arrow at my local Target ONE DAY before the sale started. To add insult to injury, I didn't have any cash with me, and had to use my bank card. So not only did I pay full price (thankfully the 14.97 price point hasn't reached this store yet), but I couldn't even use my 10% employee discount!

Of course, I was prepared when I went back after hearing about the sale. Scored Commander Steel, Vigilante, and Mr. Terrific.

If you still have the receipt can't you take it back and ask to have the difference refunded?

It's worth a shot. I've had to do that in the past and all it takes is a few minutes of your time.

So JJ, how did u get a price match for an unadvertised sale??? Inquiring minds must know!!

with the receipt